angelangie

[Current Mainland WebDrama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

Where do you think Ep 48 will end at?   

53 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Let' take a poll just for fun since we are waiting. Where do you think Ep 48 will end at?

• bing cang ceremony
    • DH and FJ leaving Fanyin Valley
    • Aranya's battle with the owl clan
    • DH and SMY peering into the Miaolu glass
    • Aranya in prison and talking to the mother

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/27/2020 at 03:30 PM

29 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I am itching to give TQ money. Sigh, hopefully one day they will publish it in English and keep the Chinese art work.

Toland failed to express the true tragedy that Bai Qian went through, even though it was a trial she needed to pass to become a  High Goddess. This is the price she had to pay. People can help you take the first trial to become a high immortal as it mainly consists of three heavenly lightning strikes, but the one to become a high god is unpredictable and more grueling so the only way to go through it unscathed is to ensure you have enough cultivation to handle it.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

20 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

So young and BGG is already learning the valuable lessons on history vs reality, and power dynamics! 

What Tang Qi is trying to express through her one-shots was precisely that. What is written down in history could differ to the reality of what really happened. 

Some of the stuff in those records are probably putting Dong Hua on a pedestal and exhaulting him a lot more than Di Jun realises.

That's why he said that last sentence to his son in that particular One- Shot.

So correcting misconception through educating the teacher for the sake of the next generation isn't exactly a bad thing either. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

13 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Hate or not, Aranya is the embodiment of the Biyinao royal family's biggest secret and biggest scandal.

What a family. Xiangli Que murdered his brother Xiangli Yi, Junou's father, to take his throne. He married the widow of his brother, Qing Hua, while still pregnant with Junou. Their first child Aranya, a princess, was thrown at the snake pit, and reared by snakes. Xiangli He, the eldest son, was disregarded after his father married Qing Hua. Youngest Changdi who ended insane coveted Aranya's husband Xi Ze, while Junou who's engaged had an affair and got pregnant with her writing teacher. 

Then there's Shen Ye, the clan archmage, who took the three other seasons, because the one he loved died fighting the other tribe, in a battle manipulated by Qing Hua, so that exiled Junou can return and take the throne meant for Xiangli He or Aranya.

Actually the true seed of evil was planted by Xiang Li Que. By murdering his own brother he put that seed of evil down, which then grew in Qing Hua. The woman loved Xiangli Yin and was totally heartbroken when he died (in the book, she told Aranya that Xiang Li Que left her in a fate worse than death when she was forced to marry Xiang Li Que to ensure the blood of Xiang Li Yin will take the throne).

And in the end, her child, Aranya paid for it dearly with her life. After Ju Nuo became Queen, she realises her mother was out of control and ganged up with her husband to imprison her in the inner palace. About 20 years after she was imprisoned, she went crazy as her conscious did not spare her. The full impact of what she did to Aranya haunted her. All she could utter in the end was Aranya's name. 

In buddhism, there is the "yin" (the reason for things) and the guo (the eventuality that happens due to the initial reason). Or in an easy to understand term - karma. 

In the end though, it was karma that got Xiang Li Que killed. He planted that seed so he will pay as a consequence.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 3

6 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

The age thing, that was way DH quickly stopped that comment, when he realised FJ is even younger.

Biting kiss? To be fair, FJ fell and accidentally kiss/bite DH. So she didn't really initiated that. Plus, FJ memory was jumbled and she didn't remember DH training her.

I was slightly confused about DH questioning FJ's apology. I wonder if it was because DH didn't want her to be sorry about the physical contact they shared, so he kinda pushed her to admit that she wasn't sorry?

I liked how FJ took charge and initiated their official first kiss, even though she thought it was a dream. This girl is a go getter!

Actually it was really a true accident in the book. She fell right on top of Dong Hua in the book and felt something soft against her lips and just bit down, oops. 

He questioned the apology as his dark humour was once again at play. Poisonous tongue/dark humour is part of the Dong Hua package and is an inescapable personality trait. If you read the one shots and even the Ideal Father outtake, this part of him is always there. 

For example in Ideal Father, when he told Gun Gun comparing swordfighting skills between him and his mother, he is heaven and she is bottom of the sea. 

Another example is the one where they were talking about how he help drag up Qing Qiu's status after Bai Qian dragged it down by marrying Ye Hua.

Some of the older one-shots has him frequently making fun of Feng Jiu even after they were married or dissing her. It's part of his appeal. As Lian Song has mentioned before, one doesn't mind beating, the other doesn't mind tolerating it. 

• LOL 5

11 hours ago, triplesung said:

Fengjiu was recovering in Bihai Cangling. BGG was also brought there to be with his mom. But during the epilogue (which was not in the books), it seemed that it was BGG's first time in Bihai Cangling. Or did I miss something?

In the drama, the location of recovery was changed to Holy Blue Sea.

However, In the book, Xie Gu Chou took him to Nine Heavens, back to Tai Chen Palace to return him to his father, since mommy dearest is out of commission. That's why he left the boy inside the door and left. He wanted this to be really private between Father and Son.

So the entire Ideal Father outtake (this is not an epilogue but an outtake) was set in Tai Chen Palace. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, FoxontheMoon said:

Anyone know where to see it?

This is a mistake I believe. No international version thus far has been 60 episodes. Viki for the longest time showed it as 60 before amending it to 56. So  no uncut version yet.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

11 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Looks like they're returning to Bihai Cangling in that boat ride. BGG said DH's home is more beautiful than Jiuchongtian, so there's comparison? Maybe the family went and stayed for sometime in Qing Qiu then Jiuchongtian after FJ woke up and recovered in Bihai Cangling.

I replied about this. But I would like to reiterate something. In the book, the epilogue that has Lian Song, Si Ming, Cheng Yu, Zhe Yan and Xiao Yan together happened in Tai Chen Palace. Xie Gu Chou in fact brought the boy back to Tai Chen Palace to meet his father for the first time. 

According to Tang Qi FAQs, after she woke up, their primary residence is Tai Chen where they will stay at least 4-5 months in a year (as she likes to be near Bai Qian who lives in Xi Wu palace), and will spend at least 3-4 months in Qing Qiu and the remainder of the year at the Holy Blue Sea. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Totally agree with you! Please note  I don't hate JH. I even feel sorry for her at times. However, I can't turn a blind eye to JH's actions.

It's easy to say JH is part of fate to test DH and FJ, I accept that is the storyline. But reality is, JH took no ownership of her behaviour and how her actions caused so many negative consequences to others.

I do belive in fate and karma, so I believe we all need to be responsible and realise we have some control over our own future.

Just like all other people, she did pay a price for her actions. She is never to step foot outside the southern realm for the rest of her lifetime and this is forever, they live indefinitely. And when Shao Wan wakes, she is never going to let her live it down either. Don't forget she and Dong Hua were BFFs.

And I really would NOT get into Shao Wan's bad books.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

(in the book, she told Aranya that Xiang Li Que left her in a fate worse than death when she was forced to marry Xiang Li Que to ensure the blood of Xiang Li Yin will take the throne).

Hmm, I don't think I remember reading this part in the translated version. Though there's a part like this in the prison that she tells Aranya:

She gave her a glance and continued: “Did you just lament your father's sentimentalism and ultimate defeat by the word 'love'? Your father was frighteningly treacherous. I had rather die than live, but the only thing I could do was sticking by his side. But what about you? While you are intelligent, you are far inferior to your father in these matters. Chen Ye was merely trifling with you, but he had made you think it was true love and brought you down to this wretchedness. Isn't this also losing to the word 'love'?” (PB2, pp286-287)

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

In buddhism, there is the "yin" (the reason for things) and the guo (the eventuality that happens due to the initial reason). Or in an easy to understand term - karma. 

In the end though, it was karma that got Xiang Li Que killed. He planted that seed so he will pay as a consequence.

True that. I'd also like to point out that karma striking back doesn't necessarily have to happen to the same person, but will affect that person. In case of Xiangli Que, his children paid the price as it's still Junou who succeeded him.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Actually it was really a true accident in the book. She fell right on top of Dong Hua in the book and felt something soft against her lips and just bit down, oops. 

It would have been more hilarious if that scene was the same as the book. Ali was really dismayed, hahaha! LS would have had to chase after Ali running and crying off that he's not yet ready to be an uncle. :sweat_smile:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

51 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Just like all other people, she did pay a price for her actions. She is never to step foot outside the southern realm for the rest of her lifetime and this is forever, they live indefinitely. And when Shao Wan wakes, she is never going to let her live it down either. Don't forget she and Dong Hua were BFFs.

And I really would NOT get into Shao Wan's bad books.

For some reason I can picture Shao Wan telling Ji Heng to drop Xiao Yan because he's Xie Hua Lou's. :sweatingbullets: SW is frank enough to admit submitting to BFF's fists, so she mincing words will be like DH's "What's that? Never heard of it."

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Hey guys! It's been a while since I watched the series and my brother is watching it currently. He's currently in the mortal realm arc and he's loving the General so far. ahahahahaah

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Out of curiosity, in the BOOK (not the drama) in the bathtub scene, do you think Dong Hua would have let Feng Jiu be with Chen Ye? He was described as tired and let Feng Jiu go.

12 minutes ago, Lady.Nimue said:

Hey guys! It's been a while since I watched the series and my brother is watching it currently. He's currently in the mortal realm arc and he's loving the General so far. ahahahahaah

Ye Qingti? He's one of the favourite ELOD babies. :) Happy watching for your brother! 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Megan said:

Out of curiosity, in the BOOK (not the drama) in the bathtub scene, do you think Dong Hua would have let Feng Jiu be with Chen Ye? He was described as tired and let Feng Jiu go.

Probably but he might still stalk her and talk her out of that relationship :joy:

• LOL 2

2 minutes ago, chsaf said:

Probably but he might still stalk her and talk her out of that relationship :joy:

Remind her that Chen Ye is not the real person...EXCEPT he is!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

46 minutes ago, Megan said:

He might say he's letting go, but he's Xi Ze there and she's his wife in Aranya's dream. :lol: DH being DH, he'll take any chances that he can turn to his advantages to keep FJ. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chsaf said:

Take the easy way out: turn Shen Ye into a handkerchief and keep with him until she forgets who's Shen Ye. :naughty:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

8 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Hmm, I don't think I remember reading this part in the translated version. Though there's a part like this in the prison that she tells Aranya:

She gave her a glance and continued: “Did you just lament your father's sentimentalism and ultimate defeat by the word 'love'? Your father was frighteningly treacherous. I had rather die than live, but the only thing I could do was sticking by his side. But what about you? While you are intelligent, you are far inferior to your father in these matters. Chen Ye was merely trifling with you, but he had made you think it was true love and brought you down to this wretchedness. Isn't this also losing to the word 'love'?” (PB2, pp286-287)

True that. I'd also like to point out that karma striking back doesn't necessarily have to happen to the same person, but will affect that person. In case of Xiangli Que, his children paid the price as it's still Junou who succeeded him.

In the chinese version, Qing Hua did say to Aranya that Xiang Li Que made her feel like “she is dead while she is still living” (thats a direct translation) but to put it into english context, it means she felt that she is suffering from a fate worse than death. 

This is why I always say chinese to english translation is not easy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Megan said:

My honest opinion was Dong Hua would rather kill Shen Ye than let Feng Jiu go.

So the answer to your question is no, he will not give her up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1