[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

5 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

DH more likely will do what FJ did in the drama ( Xiao jiu and Song Xuanren) or DH can just ask Siming to enrol his name as FJ lover in FJ's love trial.

...and Si Ming will be lecturing DH that he should not stop FJ from experiencing her trials...

• LOL 5

53 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

...and Si Ming will be lecturing DH that he should not stop FJ from experiencing her trials...

Hahaha..I hope Siming didn't use "unreasonable" words when he lectures DH.

Such as:

SM "pardon me Your Majesty, your wish is guite unreasonable and put me in the difficult situation " 

And Siming will have to hear DH's reasoning about "unreasonable and reasonable".

• LOL 4

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

DH more likely will do what FJ did in the drama ( Xiao jiu and Song Xuanren) or DH can just ask Siming to enrol his name as FJ lover in FJ's love trial.

DH would definitely ask Si Ming to take out whoever FJ love trial and change to his name. He would get jealous if it is not him. 

• LOL 5

@HeyheyheyJ @jimmylyne

Her trial should start while DH is in seclusion. :) Sneaky, but it's only once, and it's for her too, to ascend to high goddess. Anyhow that would still be tens of thousands of years away, she's only in the 30 thousands and not even done with the three lightning yet.

But DH loves his FJ so much and so attuned with her, he'll most likely feel when something's up with the red fox. :rolleyes:

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

50 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@HeyheyheyJ @jimmylyne

Her trial should start while DH is in seclusion. :) Sneaky, but it's only once, and it's for her too, to ascend to high goddess. Anyhow that would still be tens of thousands of years away, she's only in the 30 thousands and not even done with the three lightning yet.

But DH loves his FJ so much and so attuned with her, he'll most likely feel when something's up with the red fox. :rolleyes:

But I doubt FJ can run away from DH.

Anyway everyone would be afraid of DH, so if DH says a "NO", I doubt FJ would be experiencing this relationship trial in mortal. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

12 minutes ago, HeyheyheyJ said:

But I doubt FJ can run away from DH.

Anyway everyone would be afraid of DH, so if DH says a "NO", I doubt FJ would be experiencing this relationship trial in mortal. 

Ah, but FJ will not let him. She will want, nay, insist to face the trials herself. The empress won't want to be stagnant when it comes to that. This is one of those traits of her that distinguishes her from others. :)

It won't do either if BGG goes ahead of her being high immortal and high god. :lol:

The most DH can do would be to take the lightning strikes for her, but even that is doubtful. He himself wants FJ to grow and he had promised her freedom.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

17 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Ah, but FJ will not let him. She will want, nay, insist to face the trials herself. The empress won't want to be stagnant when it comes to that. This is one of those traits of her that distinguishes her from others. :)

It won't do either if BGG goes ahead of her being high immortal and high god. :lol:

The most DH can do would be to take upthe lightning strikes for her, but even that is doubtful. He himself wants FJ to grow and he had promised her freedom.

In TMOPB when YH reincarnated into Mortal Realm what is it for? Didn't BQ also goes to Mortal Realm to stalk him..if not mistaken she also give YH something look like a pearl necklace or rosary beads? YH remember BQ until his last breath... isn't it?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

In TMOPB when YH reincarnated into Mortal Realm what is it for? Didn't BQ also goes to Mortal Realm to stalk him..if not mistaken she also give YH something look like a pearl necklace or rosary beads? YH remember BQ until his last breath... isn't it?

In the series, YH was in mortal realm as punishment for killing the 4 beasts guarding that mushroom like grass used to purify the cultivation before transferring to another.

The beads were first given by YH to BQ when her powers were sealed as she helped the cousin of YH on his trial in the mortal realm. Yeah, that one with DH as the cousin's father. 

She then gave it back to YH as the little boy Zhao Ge. He remembered her, but Su Jin got in the way by carving that replica of Su Su and sending it to become eventually the maid for YH's mortal mother. BQ thought he forgot her as she saw YH and the carving in good terms. That was in her 2nd visit to YH.

Afterwards, she went back to her fox den and cleared the wine in the cellars. During her drunken stupor, she broke the soul gathering lamp. Her memories as Su Su returned, remembering all that she went through from the time she met YH until she jumped off the terrace.

She then remembered how she lost her eyes and who stole her eyes. And boy, how she took those eyes back. The kind of revenge to a puny immortal worthy of BQ being a goddess.

In the mortal realm, YH died early from longing for BQ's return. He woke up in Kunlun and met MY. MY told him that he is his younger twin.

As YH returned to Jiuchongtian, there was an uproar between Su Jin and FJ who initially tried to follow and stop BQ from taking revenge. With Si Ming's assistance, his uncle Sang Ji and son, and the carving in mortal realm were summoned.

Ah, you gotta love DH here presiding over Tianjun. DH told Tianjun to be hands off the trial as Su Jin was his former concubine. Tianjun tried to reason out that DH is also somehow associated with FJ, but he was shot down by DH's declaration that he's not attached to any clan and his harem is empty. (Luh, but we know his heart isn't empty, hahahaha!)

So long story short, the son of Sang Ji received justice he was denied, and Su Jin is banished to guard the emperor's bell and Qing Cang.

Come to think of it, in the series, TMOPB and ELOD meanies got a thing with carving statuettes. :crazy:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

In the series, YH was in mortal realm as punishment for killing the 4 beasts guarding that mushroom like grass used to purify the cultivation before transferring to another.

The beads were first given by YH to BQ when her powers were sealed as she helped the cousin of YH on his trial in the mortal realm. Yeah, that one with DH as the cousin's father. 

She then gave it back to YH as the little boy Zhao Ge. He remembered her, but Su Jin got in the way by carving that replica of Su Su and sending it to become eventually the maid for YH's mortal mother. BQ thought he forgot her as she saw YH and the carving in good terms.

Come to think of it, in the series, TMOPB and ELOD meanies got a thing with carving statuettes. :crazy:

What is the significant of carving statue in ELOD.. symbolic of  love ?

The end of TMOPB between BQ and YH who has the higher position or cultivations? In TMOPB book did YH already had his love trial in Mortal Realm?..i can't remember if YH ever had his love trial in the drama..

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

What is the significant of carving statue in ELOD.. symbolic of  love ?

The end of TMOPB between BQ and YH who has the higher position or cultivations? In TMOPB book did YH already had his love trial in Mortal Realm?..i can't remember if YH ever had his love trial in the drama..

In terms of cultivation, that would have been YH. He received the cultivation of the beasts he killed plus the half of his real father's. As for position, BQ is higher, being a high goddess and Queen of Qing Qiu.  

Sorry, I was editing the post you've qouted as an afterthought, hence the post is now longer. Hahaha :sweatingbullets:

YH didn't have that trial yet in the series. I don't remember in the book either whether he did. But what is sure is his lightning strikes trial at 20000, so he can see his mother.

In ELOD maybe JH was carving for the sake of missing XY, but in TMOPB, it's for witchcraft.

Spoiler

The Sky Kingdom translated by Toland is so dry compared to Hamster's work. Though of the same author, it's noticeable how easily we can qoute and remember PB scenes, even which page. I don't know if the original Chinese texts by TQ for TMOPB and PB also have that contrast as one was an earlier work. However, it shouldn't be that hard to read through one book while the other book is so beloved.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Conversation with mum :

Me :  Ma, what are you watching now?

Mum : Oh, a new drama something like "Feng Jiao" (凤脚)

Me : Faints*

My adorable and lively Bai Feng Jiu is now reduced to Feng Jiao (Phoenix Feet)  :joy:

08ee0e2a074345e9.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

In terms of cultivation, that would have been YH. He received the cultivation of the beasts he killed plus the half of his real father's. As for position, BQ is higher, being a high goddess and Queen of Qing Qiu.  

Sorry, I was editing the post you've qouted as an afterthought, hence the post is now longer. Hahaha :sweatingbullets:

YH didn't have that trial yet in the series. I don't remember in the book either whether he did. But what is sure is his lightning strikes trial at 20000, so he can see his mother.

In ELOD maybe JH was carving for the sake of missing XY, but in TMOPB, it's for witchcraft.

Hide contents

The Sky Kingdom translated by Toland is so dry compared to Hamster's work. Though of the same author, it's noticeable how easily we can qoute and remember PB scenes, even which page. I don't know if the original Chinese texts by TQ for TMOPB and PB also have that contrast as one was an earlier work. However, it shouldn't be that hard to read through one book while the other book is so beloved.

So the highest position not necessarily the strongest one.. the one who has tremendous cultivation and enormous fairy essence/ energy can be the strongest eventhough they haven't reach either high immortal or high God..

So eventhough YH haven't reach the titles High immortal or High God yet,  he and BQ considered equal in term of strength because of the source of YH's fairy energy came from Father God.

So back to statue..I seem to remember in PB1 DH making a doll? Or was it a statue? But somehow it didn't had any explanation until the end of two books

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

So back to statue..I seem to remember in PB1 DH making a doll? Or was it a statue? But somehow it didn't had any explanation until the end of two books

That was when he had set up wards to train FJ for the saha fruit competition, right? Nothing was mentioned after that about the doll he was making in the translated text. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

That was when he had set up wards to train FJ for the saha fruit completion, right? Nothing was mentioned after that about the doll he was making in the translated text. 

Yes.. FJ actually wanted to asking DH about it ...too bad "as luck would have it" the moment she opens her mouth to asking.. she had a fish bone stuck in her throat and had to drink a vinegar to dislodged it... afterwards she forgot to ask about the doll..

Do I remembered it rightly ?

• Like 1

I read somewhere here that Dong Hua last carried Jiheng back to the demon realm by the collar. I didn’t remember that part so I went to watch it again. 

Yeah...judging by how Jiheng’s hand is draped around DH’s neck, I’m pretty sure he didn’t drag her by the collar.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Yes.. FJ actually wanted to asking DH about it ...too bad "as luck would have it" the moment she opens her mouth to asking.. she had a fish bone stuck in her throat and had to drink a vinegar to dislodged it... afterwards she forgot to ask about the doll..

Do I remembered it rightly ?

Will get back to you when I'm in that part. Reading PB again, hahahaha. While listening to different Cdrama soundtracks. My gosh, I think I'm finally getting bored after not stepping out the door for 6weeks now. :sweat_smile: I've even taken to watching ELOD and TMOPB again using headset this time, and now listening to those previously unnoticed clearing of throats and groans. :joy:

But can any of those who have the original Chinese text of PB confirm if there was anything else about the doll DH was making?

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Megan said:

I read somewhere here that Dong Hua last carried Jiheng back to the demon realm by the collar. I didn’t remember that part so I went to watch it again. 

Yeah...judging by how Jiheng’s hand is draped around DH’s neck, I’m pretty sure he didn’t drag her by the collar.

Uhm, if it was me, just make her roll till she reaches demon realm.

• LOL 5

2 hours ago, Megan said:

EP 53 on 29:00 mark.. DH's grasp her collar shirt then push her..not too rough but she did fell on the ground nonetheless...Infront of Xiao Yan and Xu Yang.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

31 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Will get back to you when I'm in that part. Reading PB again, hahahaha. While listening to different Cdrama soundtracks. My gosh, I think I'm finally getting bored after not stepping out the door for 6weeks now. :sweat_smile: I've even taken to watching ELOD and TMOPB again using headset this time, and now listening to those previously unnoticed clearing of throats and groans. :joy:

But can any of those who have the original Chinese text of PB confirm if there was anything else about the doll DH was making?

PB1 page 269 & 270

White apricot blossoms hung idly like puffs of clouds. Perhaps bored from two days of playing chess by himself, Dijun found a bit of good clay somewhere and busied himself shaping it as he sat outside the snowy arena.

Having seen him make ceramics in the past, Fengjiu knew he was always concentrated on his work. But his countenance was different today.
As she practiced, she glanced over in his direction from time to time. Once, twice, then thrice. By the fourth time she slipped and toppled off the ten-meter tall post. But finally she was able to see what Dijun was making. He seemed to be making a doll.

She only fell that one time today, a much better result compared to the previous two days. At dinner, Dijun gave her several more pieces of steamed fish as her reward. As she contemplated on how to casually ask Dijun what sort of doll he was making during the day, she choked on a fish bone and was forced half a bowl of vinegar down her throat by Dijun to wash down the bone. Afterward, she forgot about her question.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1