[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

6 hours ago, SC2019 said:

UPDATE  - ELOD SOOMPI BLOG

Quick update, Bodhi Fate has just been published - Enjoy!!!!

Thanks so much!!

Quick question... someone posted a link here that I think had 4 chapters. I believe it ended with Mo Yuan telling Shao Wan she doesn't have a heart. (google translate) It seems I didn't save the link as I though I had.:( 

Were these other parts not by TQ? There seem to be different versions around so it's a bit confusing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Thanks so much!!

Quick question... someone posted a link here that I think had 4 chapters. I believe it ended with Mo Yuan telling Shao Wan she doesn't have a heart. (google translate) It seems I didn't save the link as I though I had.:( 

Were these other parts not by TQ? There seem to be different versions around so it's a bit confusing.

That is fan-fic. I have seen those 4 chapters as well, luckily Tang Qi/Mi Gu clarified in her official post that she has only written 5,000 words so far, the ones we translated.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, SC2019 said:

That is fan-fic. I have seen those 4 chapters as well, luckily Tang Qi/Mi Gu clarified in her official post that she has only written 5,000 words so far, the ones we translated.

Yeap, there are more FF floating around. A lot of people just can't sit idle and wait for her to continue from where she left of. I am like sitting here counting the days to the final release of BF. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

On 4/12/2020 at 12:45 AM, jasmine19 said:

A Tribute to “Eternal Love of Dream”: A Monumental Masterpiece

Countless dramas have been referred to as ‘romances’. Yet, in most of them, the kind FL (female lead) and ML (male lead) are truly reunited only at the last episode. Thus, there are only very few scenes, lasting some minutes each, in which viewers could share and enjoy their sweet bonding moments. (Meanwhile, nasty leads are often reunited somewhere in the middle of the drama and enjoy a lot of happy scenes, while ruining the kind leads’ lives, and thus annoying the viewers).

Viewers all over the world must have been wondering what is romantic about such dramas. These viewers have yearned for years for a true romance, in which (1) the main FL & ML are each other’s true soul mates, and (2) they have been reunited long before the romance drama comes to end, so that (3) their love bond is expressed in numerous scenes, for the viewers to enjoy.

Finally, the “Eternal Love of Dream” drama appears and may provide an answer to their longing for a true romance:

1. The story is quite focused on the romance between main good FL (Bai Feng-Jiu) & ML (Dong-Hua Dijun); thus, there is less distraction.  
  2. While it has 56 episodes, the romance starts right from episode 1 and keeps going until episode 56.
  3. It has bonding scenes between Feng-Jiu & Dong-Hua in each episode. Thus, this drama has quite a lot of such scenes.  
  4. There are many ways in which Feng-Jiu & Dong-Hua express their togetherness, like:
    1. Having close contacts: looking at each other tenderly, holding hands, hugging, caressing heads, kissing lips/noses/brows/hands
    2. Chatting and teasing
    3. Doing things together: projects, plays and fighting.
  5. The cute and bonding scenes are often given in long minutes so that the audience could absorb the sweetness. This is significant as in most ‘romances’, bonding moments are very short so that viewers could not enjoy the lingering feelings. 
  6. This drama depicts the essence of true love:
    1. Feng-Jiu and Dong-Hua support each other, in life or death, from episode 1 to 56. ML Dong-Hua, a good fighter, always tries to protect her; however, FL Feng-Jiu is no damsel in distress; she is also a good fighter and always tries to protect him.
    2. The drama culminates in episode 56, when Feng-Jiu joins Dong-Hua in the death fight against Miao-Luo. Feng-Jiu decides to share the responsibility, of guarding the welfare of the whole worlds, with her husband, even at the risk of sacrificing their lives. At this point, Feng-Jiu is elevated to a real empress, equal to her husband, emperor Dong-Jiu. It is no coincidence that she, for the first time, regularly addresses him as “Dong-Hua”, an equal.
    3. It is all the more remarkable that, throughout the drama, Feng-Jiu is willing to assume the responsibility of protecting other people, although she is (relatively) very young, comparable to a high school senior & graduate in our real world. This should inspire a good lesson of responsibility to young people.
  7. In many dramas, the romantic scenes mostly happen when they date but decrease or stop after they marry. In this drama, after they get married (3 times in three lifetimes) the romantic scenes get even better. This should inspire a good lesson of romance for married/living-with-a-spouse couples.

Many romance dramas could not fully satisfy some points in the above list. By contrast, this romance drama satisfies all of the 7 points.

It is true that this drama is not perfect. For example, there are many understandings, between Dong-Hua and Feng-Jiu, which should have been fairly easily cleared. Secondly, it would have been better if the drama had been 58 episodes (like “Ten Miles of Peach Blossom”). In this manner, episodes 57 & 58 could show the scenes for: (1) solutions to problems between Dong-Hua and the Qing Qiu’s clan, due to his absence in wedding and Feng-Jiu’s pregnancy, (2) Dong-Hua’s anguish for Feng-Jiu’s comatose state, his desperate efforts to save her, and his jubilation when she wakes up, (3) happy family scenes involving Dong-Hua, Feng-Jiu, & Gun-Gun, (4) other problems, like the fact that Qingti breaks his promise for not going near Feng-Jiu.

Nevertheless, despite these shortcomings, “Eternal Love of Dream” is one of the best romance dramas. In fact, it might be a significant milestone in the romance drama history. In other words,

Therefore, I would like to express my deepest congratulations for all parties who contribute to the production of this drama. Well Done! :heart: :thumbsup:

Very well said!:thumbsup:

On 4/13/2020 at 2:24 AM, SC2019 said:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - UNVEILING OF BLOGSITE for ELOD

Hello everyone! On behalf of the Translation team @Yori Ten @Ninky @nitepolaris @SGahjumma @bertrande and myself @SC2019, we are pleased to unveil our blogsite: https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home

We hope that you will derive as much pleasure from it as we have in putting this together. A shout out especially to @Ninky who put together the montage. Do note that this montage will look the best on a desktop computer, preferably with a screen resolution of 1920 width (16:9 ratio); this means that the montage is wide and you won't be able to see as much on a phone, tablet or a laptop. Fret not for those who don't have access to such a big monitor as Ninky will put up a blog showcasing the entire artwork and explaning the concept behind it.

We will release more posts gradually and for tomorrow, look out for the 5,000 word Bodhi Fate (prologue and Episode 1). We understand that some of you are interested in the family tree and perhaps some illustrations from Tang Qi's picture book which will also make their apperance in due time. 

Also do note that the first time this site loads will take slightly longer. But subsequent loads will be faster as cache memory stores the site.

@angelangie please pin this post to the top!

Wow!! i'm actually Laptop User and Phone as well :love: Do i need to signed here? 

Thank you so much guys for creating this!! :heart:

22 hours ago, SC2019 said:

UPDATE  - ELOD SOOMPI BLOG

Quick update, Bodhi Fate has just been published - Enjoy!!!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

@jimmylyne I'm really excited for the coming books. There's still so much to explore! 

As per TMOPB book, BQ and bro BZ had their share of wildness and wreaking havoc while young. They had readily used Zhe Yan's name when they're in sticky situations. :) Never Bai Zhi's, they knew they will be skinned alive by their father. :phew: 

If you've watched TMOPB Ep30, when BQ was confronted by the Sea King for blowing off his garden, BQ name-dropped Zhe Yan. :) She also did in the book.

DH talks more with FJ than with others. Let's see in Bodhi Fate, if he's half as loquacious with SW as he is with FJ. I suspect he's really different with those he holds very dear to his heart. :rolleyes:

Yes..yes me too..look like we still have another goodies to wait for.. Lotus steps and Bodhi Fate.

Because I know nothing about the book..I kind of ship BQ with MY back then and wishing that YH and MY were the same person..now I really regretted it.:sweatingbullets:

DH behaviour can be different with someone who dear to him..we already seen him with LS. He was a little bit more cheerful ..He mostly like that when he's with SW and MY when they were younger. I reckon...Maybe one of the reason his friendships with SW.. a girl...last longer because SW totally different with other Demon girl who was always to persue him and annoyed him with their persistence. 

Donghua found the women who liked him bothersome. And SW definitely the opposite of those woman.

"You are different , Xiao Bai"  

• Like 2
  • Love 3

34 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Yeap, there are more FF floating around. A lot of people just can't sit idle and wait for her to continue from where she left of. I am like sitting here counting the days to the final release of BF. :sweatingbullets:

They're too impatient :sweatingbullets: TQ should not be forced to rush her books. I'd like her magical weaving of characters and events keep on until Xie Guchou's story.

While waiting, I'd rather be reading other books of other authors, rather than FF, because I prefer to stick to the author's writing and POV.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Thanks so much!!

That 4 chapter thing is a fan fiction. Tang Qi has confirmed that her official release in 2013 was just those 5000 words. She said if you see any other versions, those are all fan fics.

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Megan said:

When you realize that Mo Yuan; Bai Zhi, Zhe Yan and Dong Hua are all older than the sky lord and probably more powerful....you wonder why they even listen to the corrupt old man

Someone's gotte do it. :sweatingbullets: I think the older Gods can't be bothered. They just step in when neccesary. They can choose when to step in or not. I think it's very different for the Emperor who looks like he doesn't get out much and has to be bothered with many things. 

• LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Megan said:

When you realize that Mo Yuan; Bai Zhi, Zhe Yan and Dong Hua are all older than the sky lord and probably more powerful....you wonder why they even listen to the corrupt old man

Fox King Bai Zhi is the emperor of Qing Qiu, a different kingdom from Jiuchongtian, while old phoenix Zhe Yan had chosen to be a recluse and stay at his peach forest. War god Mo Yuan is in Kunlun, and Dong Hua is what Si Ming called Emperor emeritus. They are not at all lead on by Tianjun, rather they serve as advisors if needed to. 

DH in TMOPB series was already asking Tianjun to retire and relax like he does. However, he should still stay in the helm until YH and BQ are ready to take the reins. To be emperor and empress of the Sky Kingdom, they'll face lightning and karmic strikes. They have to have enough cultivation to endure that.

Tianjun has been bad in his decisions with regards to Su Su, Su Jin, Sang Ji, Sang Ji's son, and perhaps, others more. His judgment was bad, just as bad as some rules in Sky Kingdom. For example, their marriage must be bestowed, not because the couple wanted to.

Missteps aside, he can't be fully disregarded as the present ruler. One good thing he did is raise YH and instilled discipline in him. Had YH been brought up by LS's eldest brother, and consort Lexu, YH might just be another Su Jin. Su Jin was allowed too much leeway due to her being the only survivor of Su Jin clan. If they raised YH, they'll raise a weakling as they would be in awe of his prowess and for his being the crown prince.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Ninky said:

That 4 chapter thing is a fan fiction. Tang Qi has confirmed that her official release in 2013 was just those 5000 words. She said if you see any other versions, those are all fan fics.

It's just hard to keep up with what is Fan Fiction or not because I don't understand Chinese and Google translate is very tricky sometimes.

Thank you for clearing it up. Didn't mean to sound ungrateful or anything with my question regarding the other non-existent chapters. I hope it didn't come across that way. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Megan said:

Out of curiosity, the time period that Dong Hua was at school... was this before or after he was being pursued by many demon women and one man?

I may be wrong, but that should be after school, after he ruled the realms. He was still in Bihai Cangling when demonesses and a demon stalked him. Zhe Yan mentioned in his narrative to FJ that when Fushen asked DH to live in Jiuchongtian, he went right away. Even so, the war hero had to hide in Tai Chen palace to be at peace.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Her very good looking male classmates and handsome best friend DH are all feminine for her. This cracks me up! :lol: 

Takes lots of confidence to be so nonchalant while telling others she submits to DH's fists. :P

Shao Wan was taught shamelessness by DH, or he got it from Ms Demon Ancestor. :rolleyes:

Wht am I getting jealous of her, for Fengjiu  :joy:

• LOL 5

10 hours ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

This is soon funny hahaha what would diJun think about his Mortal reincarnation Gao wei Guang?

He's probably thinking: "This guy looks  like me but he's not practicing the same cultivation as me" or "Si Ming, I'll deal with you later".  :joy:

• LOL 5

These gems. "The Rock, The Witch, and The Tunnel"

EVlKoCdUMAUQxob?format=jpg&name=medium

Who hasn't fallen for him though? Yeah, I would wind myself around DH like a vine too if I could :joy:

EVlKdydUcAIn931?format=jpg&name=large

EVlKf-SU4AAKjSh?format=jpg&name=large

Anytime is a good time to flirt. DH + FJ flirting level BOSS :glasses: Hold on a sec, ML!

EVlKs9rU4AArv9C?format=jpg&name=medium

The fandom needs to calm down a little :joy: And maybe start a line.

EVlK1oqUMAIy82u?format=jpg&name=medium

BUTTTT, the wiggle, y'all know you had to replay that moment just to be sure you saw it right :joy:

EVlMtpTUwAAq0dt?format=jpg&name=medium

• LOL 14