[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

6 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

I feel like JH would have been better off just owning her wickedness, like ML.

I rather think she'd be good as ML. She comes off fake when she's being "kind" and "nice". What a contrast to XY, who as a demon lord had been very bad, and brash in everything, but not at all annoying. JH, on the other hand, effortlessly rubs the wrong way. 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

He heard her say she's afraid of snakes the most at ep29 39:40. If DH is stalking her and listening in, FJ told Meng Shao at Ep30 13:50 that she's afraid because she fell at a snake nest when she was little.

So I was right, he is stalking all the time..:lol:

• LOL 5

58 minutes ago, Miljenko1708 said:

So I was right, he is stalking all the time..:lol:

In the books, he actually read up about Feng Jiu during the 6 months he spent pining and thinking about her before he went to rescue her in that valley. HAHAHHA! He went to find out all about her and dug up all the Qing Qiu records to read. That is really why he knew she was afraid of snakes...he knows more than we know LOL. He actually went all private investigator on her, he even went to collect heresay, seriously whipped.

• Like 2
  • LOL 12
  • Insightful 3

15 minutes ago, Ninky said:

In the books, he actually read up about Feng Jiu during the 6 months he spent pining and thinking about her before he went to rescue her in that valley. HAHAHHA! He went to find out all about her and dug up all the Qing Qiu records to read. That is really why he knew she was afraid of snakes...he knows more than we know LOL. He actually went all private investigator on her, he even went to collect heresay, seriously whipped.

And dreaming of her in the hot spring. :naughty: No wonder he stood up Buddha.

• Naughty 3
  • LOL 7
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, Ninky said:

Serious psychotic stalker mode :joy:

• LOL 8

15 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Not sure if these the one you looking for

PB 1 page 108

Yan Chiwu could've struck sooner, he could've struck later, but he waited
until the right moment Fanyin Valley opened up to strike. The wind
could’ve blown east, it could’ve blown west, but it blew them straight into
the crevice between the stone walls. The path was neither wide nor was it
narrow; it was just enough for the two of them to pass through. What kind
of luck was this exactly...?

Haha, yes, this is what I was asking for. Dear XY really have a good timing and impressive luck. :lol:

• LOL 3

5 hours ago, vivi0303 said:

Adorkable is teaching us some of his more useful skills.

This weibo comments are really funny for this DY clip. 

*Mr Gao, when you taught us how to make sweet and sour fish, I cooked up a storm! But I couldn't do this. How could I when I was only looking only at your handsomeness?*

*Gao Tian Tian, is that how you tie up the knot in my heart?*

I watched The Lost Caverns up to the latest episode, ep. 9. I am telling you, his guest appearance is 100% fan service! His ZGC character drove fangirls wild and even landed him in the Weibo Hot Search ranking. He has very little dialogue but that was enough to fire up a storm. It's all just him in action and his badass look is to die for!

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

This weibo comments are really funny for this DY clip. 

*Mr Gao, when you taught us how to make sweet and sour fish, I cooked up a storm! But I couldn't do this. How could I when I was only looking only at your handsomeness?*

*Gao Tian Tian, is that how you tie up the knot in my heart?*

I watched The Lost Caverns up to the latest episode, ep. 9. I am telling you, his guest appearance is 100% fan service! His ZGC character drove fangirls wild and even landed him in the Weibo Hot Search ranking. He has very little dialogue and but that was enough to fire up a storm. It's all just him in action and his badass look is to die for!

Thanks for sharing @Yori Ten I won't be able to concentrate as well, if he is my teacher lol <3

Oh yeah, someone posted this, some of dong hua and Feng jiu's family scenes, taken from weibo

https://my.w.tt/7Rr5pbJHy5

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Ji Heng went to Mt Baishui to die. She was too heart broken hearing about DH x FJ marriage and wanted to die alone in sorrow. She knew very well that her poison will only deepend there and that would be the end of her life. She never expected DH to show up. She never expected DH to come and rescue her. Just like any other girl, she also wanted to find out if she has a place in DH's heart. By going to Mt Baishui, perhaps the answer could be found. Will DH come?

Character analysis of JH which I strongly disagree with!!

In the book, JH had asked for DH to see her one last time. In ELoD, this was never shown right? We just saw DH going to Mt Baishui but it was not revealed how he knew she was there? 

• Like 2
  • Unamused 2
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

In the book, JH had asked for DH to see her one last time. In ELoD, this was never shown right? We just saw DH going to Mt Baishui but it was not revealed how he knew she was there? 

ZL might have told DH when he handed the scale to him in the series. If he did not, DH might have had the idea where is JH because Meng Hao died in Mt Baishu. And he knows JH enough and how her mind works. Because seriously, her timing sucks.

And that analysis, meh. It discounted the significance of that crystal scale that Meng Hao used to own before he gave it to JH. DH being honourable to his promises especially to his dying former general, he would go and see that daughter.

It might have meant missing his own wedding reception but he was prudent enough to state in his invite that it's a delayed party. So Qing Qiu was not embarrassed by his absence.

Fortunately, Meng Hao is already dead. Because he will surely die of extreme embarrassment no thanks to his ingrate, selfish, bimbo daughter JH.

• Like 6
  • Unamused 1

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

ZL might have told DH when he handed the scale to him in the series. If he did not, DH might have had the idea where is JH because Meng Hao died in Mt Baishu. And he knows JH enough and how her mind works. Because seriously, her timing sucks.

And that analysis, meh. It discounted the significance of that crystal scale that Meng Hao used to own before he gave it to JH. DH being honourable to his promises especially to his dying former general, he would go and see that daughter.

It might have meant missing his own wedding reception but he was prudent enough to state in his invite that it's a delayed party. So Qing Qiu was not embarrassed by his absence.

That's the thing. It was implied that DH would know. In the book, TQ made it clear that JH was the one who asked for DH to see her.

In other words, the drama totally changed JH's underhanded tactics. It made her out to be the victim rather than the aggressor. That's why there was a discussion going round on why JH in the drama is a love hero and that DH abandoned her. Book readers know the truth but drama viewers sympathized her. 

I can see where they're coming from. The drama really didn't potray her the way the book did. 

• Like 1
  • Unamused 3
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 2

19 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

That's the thing. It was implied that DH would know. In the book, TQ made it clear that JH was the one who asked for DH to see her.

In other words, the drama totally changed JH's underhanded tactics. It made her out to be the victim rather than the aggressor. That's why there was a discussion going round on why JH in the drama is a love hero and that DH abandoned her. Book readers know the truth but drama viewers sympathized her. 

I can see where they're coming from. The drama really didn't potray her the way the book did. 

She was such a horrible richard simmons in the book. Who is she to ask him never to marry anyone? Seriously, crazy!

• Like 1
  • Unamused 4

34 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Now that is a surprise. I'm not sure some of these drama viewers realize the gravity and degree of callousness of JH's actions. 

JH never expected DH to show up? Wrong. He will show up because the scale is something he gave to Meng Hao in honour. He knows JH enough where to find her if she wasn't in Sky Kingdom since she can't go to the demon realm.

JH wants to know if DH has a place for her in his heart? If DH loved JH, he would have pursued her as he did FJ. He would have already absorbed all the poison from her body hundreds of years ago so that JH will get well. He won't call her a rat that barged in where DH and FJ were resting. 

JH wanted to die alone in sorrow? Then why send the scale to DH? Duh.

JH was the victim? Nah ah, nope, no, no, no, she's the aggressor. She demanded DH to divorce FJ and stay single the rest of his existence

I don't know if these viewers were really idiots or paid to write this kind of ingratiating review in favour of JH.

See, if they really watched the same series we saw, XY himself can not defend JH when she was hauled off to Xu Yang by enraged DH. XY is so vocal in loving JH but why couldn't he say anything? Because he knew that JH was wrong. He could only comfort her when they were alone in that safe house, away from DH.

And, less these reviewers didn't watch the last few episodes, JH herself admitted becoming the person she hates. So is she still a victim? Definitely not. JH schemed and even used the dead to fulfill her whims. She created issues, she had planned getting herself poisoned again. 

She intended to punish DH for loving FJ. 

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1

@Yori Ten @MayanEcho

Jiheng was the most abnoxious and the most Delusional characters in all Realms/ Universe.

But her father General Menghao Shenjun was a honourable Man through and through

PB 2 page 466, 467 & 468

The night before their wedding, Yan Chiwu had really come to see Dijun
because Jiheng's life was in danger.
Five hundred years ago, Jiheng was infected with the Qiushui poison when
she tried to save Minsu on Mount Baishui. Dijun had helped them flee to
Fanyin Valley, which was not tainted with mortal impurities, so it could
stabilize the Qiushui poison in her body.

Because Jiheng's father had once been one of Dijun's commanders, he had
entrusted her to Dijun before he passed away. For this reason, Dijun could
not help but take care of her, if only due to the debt of honor he owed her
father.
Although Dijun did not have any @feelings for Jiheng, and treated her
even more coldly after realizing her feelings for him, 
Jiheng's obsession for
Dijun ran too deep. 

After the news of Dijun and Fengjiu's wedding at the Blue Sea spread
across the realm, a heartbroken Jiheng had begged Yan Chiwu to take her
away from Fanyin Valley.
After they left the valley, Jiheng secretly ran to Mount Baishui
and
willingly became a feast for the venomous creatures there. By the time Yan
Chiwu found her, she was already at death's door. She besought Yan
Chiwu to bring Dijun to come see her one last time, even saying that she
would die on his wedding day just so he would never be able to forget her.

(JH ...Srsly delusional.)

However, she was afraid that Dijun would be too cold-hearted to follow
Yan Chiwu even if she was on her death bed, so she handed her father's
claw to Yan Chiwu and told him if Dijun was reluctant to come, he should
let him see it.
The mutual regard between her father, Menghao Shenjun, and Dijun was
very deep. Once a commander under Dijun, he had fought alongside the
King in prehistoric battlefields and had lost his left arm while he was
protecting His Majesty. As a sea dragon, Menghao Shengjun's left arm was
his claw. In a battle against the Demon clan, the demons had come into the possession of Menghao's claw and wanted to use ten lightning strikes to
destroy it in order to shame the Deity clan for their incompetence. Dijun
broke into the Demon clan with only the Canghe sword and seized back
the claw. He enclosed it within a crystal badge and gave it back to
Menghao, while solemnly promising that it represented the debt of honor
he owed him. As long as the crystal badge was still in Menghao's hand,
Dijun would never refuse whatever he needed upon his life. This was a
promise from Dijun.
Sincere promises are only reserved for true gentlemen. Menghao Shenjun
was a true gentleman. Despite having held the crystal badge for thousands
of years, he never once asked for anything from Dijun. The only thing he
asked before dying was that Dijun would look after his daughter, Jiheng.
Menghao only got to see Jiheng as he was dying. Having nothing else on
him besides the crystal badge, he decided to give it to Jiheng as a keepsake.

But somehow, Jiheng was able to find out that this crystal represented a
promise from Dijun.
Standing at death's door, Jiheng sobbed her feelings to Dijun, saying things
such as living was meaningless if she could not stay by his side, or Fengjiu
would never love Dijun as much as she did, or she was willing to die for
Dijun,
how many people were willing to do something like that? She
pleaded to Dijun that even if she died, as long as Dijun promised to leave a
place for her in his heart, she would rest in peace.
Even a rock would be moved in the face of such confession. Unfortunately,
what Dijun despised most was clingy people who used death to threaten
him. It only made him more repulsed by her. Thus to her sincere
confession, Dijun only furrowed his brow in silence. Jiheng finally
collapsed. She accused him of not even accepting her one tiny dying wish.
She had thrown away her life for Dijun, she did not think Dijun would
wrong her this way.
Before her father died, he had left the crystal to her,
the crystal that represented Dijun's promise. Today, she wanted Dijun to
repay what he owed her father to her and honor his promise.

What Jiheng wanted was for Donghua to divorce his wife and vow to leave
the queen consort position empty, never to marry again.
Donghua finally spoke: “Your father would never have guessed you would
use the crystal I gifted him to make such a request.”
Watching her tear-
stained face, he added, “Although this crystal represents my promise to
him, it is still up to me what the promise shall be. I will save your life and
cure the poison in your body. I'll then bring you back to the Demon Clan
and arrange for you to live there in peace. That will be my repaying the
debt of honor to your father. Give the crystal back to me. From now on,
your life and death no longer have anything to do with me. I don't want to
see you again.”

Jiheng was stunned for a long time. At length, she began to cry
despairingly.

• Like 4
  • Unamused 2
  • LOL 3

@MayanEcho It surprised me too that some viewers have that perspective on JH and only after some heated disagreement we found out the viewers based their findings in JH solely after watching ELoD. That's why to book readers, we were scratching our head when we read their comments. Still, if they were to follow even just the drama, how can one feel JH have gotten the short end of the stick still befuddles me.

@jimmylyne Exactly! The book explained it all so well. We saw how manipulative she was before heading to Mt Baishui but her hidden agenda was not shown on screen. On the flip side, if telling her story will mean more screentime for JH, then I am glad they did away with it.

• Like 6