[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

@pawla Do they have changing of seasons in Sky Kingdom? DH can't be bothered to check calendar, or equivalent to it. Asking Chong Lin is easier. :sweatingbullets:

I think maybe there's no night and day in Sky Kingdom..

They has a spring season .. don't know about the other three seasons.

When FJ taking a bath in DH's personal palace.. it was supposedly late at night because when Zhonglin looking for DH , LS who met him in the walkway asked ZL not to bother DH because it already late ... at the outside of the palace was clear and bright but at the same time we also can see all the light in lamp is on..

And maybe that why FJ wanted to bring DH to Qingqiu to star gazing because star can be seen in the dark or night time only...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, pawla said:

Especially he saw how close XY was with FJ. The morning after he was so cold to her. Poor FJ.

Oh boy,  was I mad at Dijun at that time! :D. He was really blinded by jealousy.  I say call his bluff but he knows the pimpon fruit was really to his Xiaobai.  He can be really irritating but then he gives you the puppy dog eyes and everything is ok again :D.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

16 minutes ago, daydreamer77 said:

I can't believe Siming didnt think of that.  Oh wait, he doesn't 'like' gossiping. :lol:

LS is the true gossip monger. Wasted all that cultivation for the banquet all in the name of trolling. 100% worth the look on DJ's face when he took the plate of FJ made sweets. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

Some more genius commentating, and some very well timed ones at that. If you have viki, I highly recommend rewatching the series just for the fan comments alone.:joy: Can't wait to see all the comments for the juicy bits :naughty:

EVJHqWQUMAEhAKT?format=jpg&name=medium

EVI9ObjUMAYXHTP?format=jpg&name=medium

EVIwf-bU0AERj19?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

1 hour ago, daydreamer77 said:

Oh boy,  was I mad at Dijun at that time! :D. He was really blinded by jealousy.  I say call his bluff but he knows the pimpon fruit was really to his Xiaobai.  He can be really irritating but then he gives you the puppy dog eyes and everything is ok again :D.

He was already quite mad at her and she misunderstood his actions and thought it was all for Ji Heng again. So when she asked him to take away the ward from their place so that friends (we know which friends these are, they are the male variety) won't worry and they can visit, he just nonchalantly cast another 2 layers of ward.

And she still DIDN'T GET IT! I was like girl, the man is so into you, LOL.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

6 minutes ago, Ninky said:

He was already quite mad at her and she misunderstood his actions and thought it was all for Ji Heng again. So when she asked him to take away the ward from their place so that friends (we know which friends these are, they are the male variety) won't worry and they can visit, he just nonchalantly cast another 2 layers of ward.

Can't blame my girl from feeling so! All of DH so called care towards JH would have made anyone misunderstood. In PB, during the tea ceremony, there was this group of gossipers going about how special JH must have been to DH. She was the only one allowed to serve him and  to go in and out of his bed chamber freely! Now, if we don't know the real story, we would have felt the same way as our girl too.

• Like 8
  • Unamused 1

12 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Can't blame my girl from feeling so! All of DH so called care towards JH would have made anyone misunderstood. In PB, during the tea ceremony, there was this group of gossipers going about how special JH must have been to DH. She was the only one allowed to serve him and  to go in and out of his bed chamber freely! Now, if we don't know the real story, we would have felt the same way as our girl too.

True. But that scene was too funny. Both of them thinking of completely 2 DIFFERENT THINGS! Still gives me a headache when I know he knows that she has some misunderstanding of himself but never seeked to clarify it directly until much later...

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

I like reading PB and listening to FJ's monologue. During the confrontation with ML, she was there protecting DH only because she was feeling kind hearted that day and wanted to help out the wretched. She even lamented why JH ran away, otherwise she could help her fight ML together. When DH helped her banished ML, the last thing on her mind was, That's it? Hahaha..she's a real riot.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

6 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

I like reading PB and listening to FJ's monologue. During the confrontation with ML, she was there protecting DH only because she was feeling kind hearted that day and wanted to help out the wretched. She even lamented why JH ran away, otherwise she could help her fight ML together. When DH helped her banished ML, the last thing on her mind was, That's it? Hahaha..she's a real riot.

JH is brain dead. Doesn't care about anyone but herself. FJ is so kind to everyone around her. Always helps them out even when the reason is stupid. Like when Meng Shao is crying over a fighting cricket..she was there. When Xiao Yan was feeling sad at the banquet because of you know who's stupid soup, she comforted him. That's the real reason why other people love to hang around her. She truly cares.

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1
  • Love 7

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

So true..

Plus Xiao Yan was already told FJ about DH supposedly love JH which was clearly baseless...but how XY knows that?. speculations and assuming....and the gossipers also seemed not knowing that usually every time DH enter Fanyin Valley to purify Miaolua chasm DH brought his assistant ZL along with him. 

PB 1 page 182

Every ten years Dijun used the lecture at Fanyin Valley as a pretext to come
and purify the three toxins inside the Huiming Realm. Each time Dijun
came here in the past, he had brought with him Zhonglin. But he didn't do
so this time, and Zhonglin worried for the King's daily comfort. 

*So actually it always been ZL who served DH instead of JH while he was in Fanyin Valley. 

PB 1 page 283

Fanyin Valley was a very strange place. In order to keep out worldly
toxins, only on winter solstice each year could a powerful deity use magic
to open the valley's entrance. The gate would remain open for two months
henceforth.
This year's winter solstice fell on today, which was why
Zhonglin didn't think His Majesty needed to rush. Moreover, he had never
been the type to rush.
There were still two months when he could come
and go freely into and out of the valley. Yet he left the reverent Buddha
who was guesting at Taichen Palace for Mount Fuyu thousands of miles
away
. Surely, it couldn’t have been for the Biyiniaos’ lesson. Had His
Majesty always been so magnanimous?

I love how restlessness DH is..he totally can't wait to see FJ again... enough for him to left Lord Buddha who was his guesting at Taichen Palace :lol: 

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

7 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

So true..

Plus Xiao Yan was already told FJ about DH supposedly love JH which was clearly baseless...but how XY knows that?. speculations and assuming....and the gossipers also seemed not knowing that usually every time DH enter Fanyin Valley to purify Miaolua chasm DH brought his assistant ZL along with him. 

PB 1 page 182

*So actually it always been ZL who served DH instead of JH while he was in Fanyin Valley. 

PB 1 page 283

henceforth.
been the type to rush.
away

I love how restlessness DH is..he totally can't wait to see FJ again... enough for him to left Lord Buddha who was his guesting at Taichen Palace :lol: 

Like i said earlier, he stood Lord Buddha up.  Only two people in this universe will dare do that to Lord Buddha. FJ also scolded him before LOL when she was little. Small wonder these 2 are married to each other *Shakes head**

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

On 3/3/2020 at 9:45 PM, jimmylyne said:

@Yori Ten I was thinking about an excerpts from the books and also a lines in drama as well.

Her gaze landed on

Donghua's wrist and saw that his sleeve was stained with blood. She held
onto the creel and nodded her chin towards him. “What's wrong with
your hand?”
Donghua's eyes flickered; he didn't seem to think that she would notice
this. He gently replied, “My wound reopened when I carried you home.”
Then he proceeded to study her face.
“You're being absurd, I'm not that heavy!” Fengjiu protested.
Dijun remained quiet for a second, then told her, “I think what you should
be concerned about is my injured hand, not your bodyweight.”
With the fish creel in her hand, she stepped in for a closer look. “Oh, then
why is your hand so weak?”
“...Because you're too heavy.”
Fengjiu's temper flared. “But that's absurd, when am I ever heavy?” This
sounded exceptionally familiar, as if she was circling back to the previous
argument.

Extra : He said that a fairy shouldn't be too skinny. Curvaceous fairy is more alluring. Hahahaha....

He actually mean that  FJ was curvaceous fairy.. because he sure had some difficulty to carry her.

It’s ironic when you remember that Xuan Ren found Feng Jiu really thin.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I re-watched EP 28   2:30 mark.

The conversations between DH and ZL

ZL : Your Majesty, why are you still worried?

DH: I left her in Fanyin Valley 

ZL : what have you left?

DH: A silk handkerchief

I wonder if the translations were accurately done.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

The way her mind works tho..she supposedly feels miffed with DH but no  she feel bad for JH instead . But after she realised the real deal with ML she instantly switch into "protecter mode".

Since her Motto is "the strong

exist to protect the weak. If I do not save them, I'd be a weakling myself,
then what rights would I have to protect my subjects?
” so she feels she should save DH who she thought can't move by the ML's evil spell.

So I qoutes DH “Xiao Bai has always
been very sensible.” 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

So true..

PB 1 page 182

PB 1 page 283

henceforth.
been the type to rush.
away

Can you find me the passage from the book when FJ told XY that his timing was impeccable when they fell down to Fanyin Valley? I remembered it was really hillarious...

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

@jimmylyne Thanks for the book excerpt! Strange Fanyin Valley can be opened with strong magic every winter solstice and remain open for two months.

Can someone clarify, it's only for that deity who opened with strong magic that it's open for two months? Will another deity have to use the same magic to keep it open for him for couple of months? 

And this Meng tells FJ in ELOD that  sixty years again when Fanyin Valley opens. :blink:

@Ninky Both got history with the Lord Buddha. Both argued with him, the other one also stood him up! DH and FJ is a destined match, hahahah.

I wish DH has made FJ sit down with him and to clarify her misunderstandings. He kept saying she misunderstood him, but that's it. Neither would FJ actually ask, since how can she broach those with DH? :phew:

@Yori Ten JH wasn't willing to marry DH to help her demon clan because she only wants Minsu. As a princess, her personal wants first before her own people. Runs away from DH ML fight because she felt jealous. Was she really that stupid not to recognize ML, her clan's former lord?

Compare to FJ, who is willing to step in to help. She won't leave her people in the lurch. She stayed to battle ML because she thought DH was hurt. Why would this JH think she must be chosen by DH instead? <_<

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Random question ladies. You know the purple handkerchief DH gave to FJ in Fanyin valley, FH thought it was JH who gave it to DH, because of the character on it. Did the author ever explained the origin of the handkerchief and what the character stand for?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ninky said:

FJ would know about friends, but she won't really know much about a man silently liking her, especially one as enigmatic as DH. :sweatingbullets: 

Except for SXR, who was so open with his feelings to her, I doubt she really knew Qingti loved her that way too.

DH was nonchalant but deep inside he was boiling and getting riled with LH's pointed questions. :lol: Where FJ is concerned, he loses his sanity!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

42 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Can you find me the passage from the book when FJ told XY that his timing was impeccable when they fell down to Fanyin Valley? I remembered it was really hillarious...

Not sure if these the one you looking for

PB 1 page 108

Yan Chiwu could've struck sooner, he could've struck later, but he waited
until the right moment Fanyin Valley opened up to strike. The wind
could’ve blown east, it could’ve blown west, but it blew them straight into
the crevice between the stone walls. The path was neither wide nor was it
narrow; it was just enough for the two of them to pass through. What kind
of luck was this exactly...?

• Like 1
  • LOL 3