[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

3 minutes ago, daydreamer77 said:

It's a safe bet Dijun would have fed him his sweet & sour fish :joy:

That’s not enough for me. The snow lion really injured Feng Jiu and nearly killed her. It bothers me that his character doesn’t get punished. Especially since Feng Jiu had already been reprimanded by Dong Hua

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, daydreamer77 said:

He was glowing :D

Yeah, DH was glowing and he kept glowing after every rapid energy discharges thenafter but our dear little fox became bed ridden and sore. That's just not fair don't you think? :naughty:

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

1 minute ago, Megan said:

That’s not enough for me. The snow lion really injured Feng Jiu and nearly killed her. It bothers me that his character doesn’t get punished. Especially since Feng Jiu had already been reprimanded by Dong Hua

The snow lion was really mean to FJ! Like master like pet. Ugh. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Megan said:

They do say that pets take on characteristics of their owners, and there is no such thing as a bad pet, just bad owners. Maybe the one that really needs to be punished is still JH.:sweat_smile:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

2 hours ago, pawla said:

Because we can't move on from ELOD :D

All other forums I joined will be deserted once the drama ended but not with our ELOD forum :)

There are just too many subjects for further discussion and detailed analysis are required. We are talking 3L3W - that is a LOOOONNNNGGG time. Plus, we have the book, the drama adaptation and the script. TQ is also actively engaging us with new materials and insights. We are all in it for the long haul.

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 2

4 hours ago, vivi0303 said:

I really want to know how TQ feels about the creative liberties the production took with XY and JH's ending. She was part of the script writing process right? But are we sure she chose this? Was this added on/chosen afterwards in post production?

The script is not final even after the scriptwriter wrote them. I remembered during ELoD press con, Reba mentioned that Mi Jie (Yang Mi) was chasing after her asking about the continuation of the script and how the story is progressing. Reba mentioned then that there were times when the scripts got rewritten and scenes got changed so she couldn't really tell Mi Jie what's next. 

I guess most likely even though TQ and her team wrote the script, during production someone else with 'power' must have made some very different decisions. 

• Like 2
  • Unamused 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

I guess most likely even though TQ and her team wrote the script, during production someone else with 'power' must have made some very different decisions. 

We still rant about those mindboggling scenes and editing decisions.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Nothing is set in stone as always for production and scripts @Yori Ten

I have a friend who is a producer with the Singapore broadcaster and things always change during production but the scripwriter will rewrite portions as needed after consultation with cast and director on the set.

And sometimes the higher ups will come down and change things if they feel its not going a certain way. Also screenwriting is very different from book writing. Continueity of story is very important for screenplay. That's why audiences can pick up things if it doesn't make logical sense. 

We use different parts of our brain when processng text relative to moving pictures. Hence adaptations always differ from the book  at times.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 4

13 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

He has been asking her to Come Here but at last, he said Just Go. :bawling:

He just wants to see her one last time. :bawling:  The way he looked at her when he saw her from the starlight ward. I just can't.

• Like 1
  • Sad 11

43 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

They do say that pets take on characteristics of their owners, and there is no such thing as a bad pet, just bad owners. Maybe the one that really needs to be punished is still JH.:sweat_smile:

Like the saying who watered the tree?

the snow lion was the bad seed. But Jiheng was the one who watered the tree?

but technically the snow lion was Xuyang’s Mount...

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

6 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

@MayanEcho Sure, we won't be stopping anytime soon too. Too many bones to pick!

@Ninky  Hah, editing team failed big time on continuity! How dare they cut off the scene where DH transferred what is left of his life essence to FJ in the Starward formation. How dare!! :skull::rage:

I mentioned this a few pages back. But filming for these series might be different from country to country. Does Chinese filming not have someone that amounts to a script supervisor? Someone who literally sits there and makes sure all the details from plot line/props/lighting/emotions, etc match up from scene to scene, basically in charge of the continuity? Because filming is not linear to the script but from location to location, set to set. This person is designated to make sure everything matches up and is part of the final editing team. From placement of actors, to props, to lighting, to mood/emotions relative to where the script for that set is. That's what I kind of felt the drama lacked from time to time.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

4 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

I mentioned this a few pages back. But filming for these series might be different from country to country. Does Chinese filming not have someone that amounts to a script supervisor? Someone who literally sits there and makes sure all the details from plot line/props/lighting/emotions, etc match up from scene to scene, basically in charge of the continuity? Because filming is not linear to the script but from location to location, set to set. This person is designated to make sure everything matches up and is part of the final editing team. From placement of actors, to props, to lighting, to mood/emotions relative to where the script for that set is. That's what I kind of felt the drama lacked from time to time.

I am quite sure they must have been someone to oversee the whole production. However, how effective this person in doing his/her job is the big question. 

We can clearly see the direction of the drama taking some quite drastic turn somewhere towards the end, the last 8 episodes to be exact. The most obvious would be the lack of lips to lips kiss scene. They somehow toned it down to a lot of affectionate touches and look instead. While it doesn't really affect the continuity of the story it somehow feels censored. The script did have kiss scenes and it was done tastefully, not just to show two person kissing for the sake of kissing.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

Yeah, DH was glowing and he kept glowing after every rapid energy discharges thenafter but our dear little fox became bed ridden and sore. That's just not fair don't you think? :naughty:

Haha, I'd like to think she gets a little bit of cultivation out of it too. :D.  

• Like 2
  • Naughty 3
  • LOL 3

46 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

He just wants to see her one last time. :bawling:  The way he looked at her when he saw her from the starlight ward. I just can't.

It pained me greatly to see DH letting go of FJ. However, his decision made me have great respect and admiration for him. Before FJ enters his life, DH has always been the protector of the 4 seas and 8 realms. Even after retiring to Taichen palace and leisurely spending his time there, he is still purifying the Miao Yi Hui Ming realm every ten years. He even kept this secret of him from everyone else as not to burden them. 

He found the love of his life but fate is cruel.  MYHM is in the danger of collapsing and he has to protect the world from the three poisons. He knew that would be a suicide act and because he is the protector of the world, his sacrifice is the only answer. He love FJ but he also place the world peace before everything else. He is a man in love but he is also a man with the world's greatest responsibility.

Remember Reba asking Vengo why didn't he chase after FJ when she walked away after he gave her the ring? Vengo said I have already said all I needed to say. This shows how clearly Vengo understood DH. His decision not to chase her and completely let go is not because he is accepting defeat but because he has already given her everything, including his life. Letting her go means protecting her and forever loving her.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Love 7
  • Insightful 4

1 hour ago, Megan said:

I think the Lion is just protecting Jiheng.  It probably didn't understand why or what happened.  It just knew a fox hurt his master and must exact revenge.  Granted it's a bully trying to hurt a smaller animal than him. I'm pretty sure Dijun has or he will for sure.  There was just so much going on at that time.  Who knows, Dijun might give it to Fengjiu.  Then it will know the difference being loved and just being a pet. Then he'd be more loyal to Fengjiu.  Take that Jiheng!  :joy:

Or it could be Gungun's own pet :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

24 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

His decision not to chase her and completely let go is not because he is accepting defeat but because he has already given her everything, including his life. Letting her go means protecting her and forever loving her.

Yes, he's rational and practical (can be irritating sometimes).  If he can't be with her at least he'll make sure she is safe and everything/everyone she cares about are safe too.  

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2