[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

16 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

It's such a crack up how he thought of the 200 days wedding. 

It also makes me sad to think how DH was thinking of FJ during their separation, and he coped by designing wedding dresses for her.

And probably painting FJ too in all those wedding dresses. :tears: Meanwhile, his wife is raising their child alone, and the little boy was confused why he didn't have a father like his friends.

ML is evil and a danger to everyone, but JH's selfishness is so contemptible.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

And probably painting FJ too in all those wedding dresses. :tears: Meanwhile, his wife is raising their child alone, and the little boy was confused why he didn't have a father like his friends.

Excellent point! BGG is such a mature little boy. I am sure FJ and DH must be so proud of him. Lol, do you think FJ may try to set BGG with a girl in the future?

JH is weak to temptations and manipulations. It's a shame. She had showed some positive characteristics at the beginning of the drama. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

You know, I really like/enjoyed ML as an antagonist. She's evil and unapologetic about it.

JH believes herself to be good/a paragon until the bitter end. Regardless of the evil she's committed, she truly believes that her intentions are justifiable. This is the very reason why everybody hates her character more so than any other antagonist in the series. I blame the writers for not investing more into her redemption. If they truly wanted her to have a happy ending, they should have invested the time to redeem her. It was probably never going to be enough, but they should have at least made an effort. Or, they couldn't see a way out for her either :joy: 

I feel the production did not have a really good script supervisor or they were not present for final editing. This person usually is in charge of storyline, set, and filming continuity. They make sure that props/actors/lighting/plot/storyline are correct from scene to scene. I mean Tai Chen Palace does have an evening/dusk, we see this when FJ is reminiscing about her first encounter with DH, but we cut to the same scene from DH's study, and it is daylight bright. This happens throughout the series and a little distracting. Not to mention the big choppy plot bloopers. You can definitely see the production budget difference from TMOPB and ELoD in this aspect.

Also, whatever happened to a lot of the props that were deemed important? The hairpin, the jade bracelet (YQT was slowly just forgotten hahahaha), the silver bracelet in the mortal arc, the jade necklace given to fox FJ, etc. Nothing is really explained in its entirety with the storylines entailing these props.

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1
  • Insightful 5

2 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Excellent point! BGG is such a mature little boy. I am sure FJ and DH must be so proud of him. Lol, do you think FJ may try to set BGG with a girl in the future?

JH is weak to temptations and manipulations. It's a shame. She had showed some characteristics at the beginning of the drama. 

Maybe if there are any daughters with LS and CY, hahaha! But I feel DH and FJ will let him choose, or help him choose. Like daddy, he'll be one handsome boy and he'll be just as popular, maybe even more if he's more approachable than DH. 

Unless BGG's choice is very bad, I don't think that FJ and DH will interfere. Even if the future girl is a mortal, or an spiritual animal who gained enough cultivation to have human form. (Looking at you Tianjun for discriminating against Su Su and Shao Xin).

• Like 8

@vivi0303 Supposedly the ELOD script got leaked and JH has a redemption scene which was totally different from what was in the finale?

Post production had lots of slips particularly the last 2 episodes. Important scenes were cut. Then they inserted that very long and cringe inducing JH scene with XY. 

• Unamused 1
  • Insightful 3

3 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Maybe if there are any daughters with LS and CY, hahaha! But I feel DH and FJ will let him choose, or help him choose. Like daddy, he'll be one handsome boy and he'll be just as popular, maybe even more if he's more approachable than DH. 

Unless BGG's choice is very bad, I don't think that FJ and DH will interfere. Even if the future girl is a mortal, or an spiritual animal who gained enough cultivation to have human form. (Looking at you Tianjun for discriminating against Su Su and Shao Xin).

I envision BGG as an adult to be icy face and not talkative, but less shameless compared to his dad.

BGG's sister will probably be more like FJ, very lively but may be smarter :D

6 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

You know, I really like/enjoyed ML as an antagonist. She's evil and unapologetic about it.

JH believes herself to be good/a paragon until the bitter end. Regardless of the evil she's committed, she truly believes that her intentions are justifiable. This is the very reason why everybody hates her character more so than any other antagonist in the series. I blame the writers for not investing more into her redemption. If they truly wanted her to have a happy ending, they should have invested the time to redeem her. It was probably never going to be enough, but they should have least made an effort. Or, they couldn't see a way out for her either :joy: 

Good point. JH makes excuses for herself and thinks all her actions are justified. Even though JH is older then FJ, FJ's thinking and actions are more mature. FJ continued to better herself,  whereas JH never learnt from her mistakes. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

4 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@vivi0303 Supposedly the ELOD script got leaked and JH has a redemption scene which was totally different from what was in the finale?

Post production had lots of slips particularly the last 2 episodes. Important scenes were cut. Then they inserted that very long and cringe inducing JH scene with XY. 

Yeah, she wasn't supposed to end up with XY in the leaked redemption scene, my question is, who wrote that she would end up with XY,  and why did they not think to include how/why/what she did to deserve that ending. I feel like the scene was an afterthought, probably more so for XY to have a happy ending than JH.

Knowing that XY's story will be years in coming to fruition from the author, they probably decided to end his story in ELoD for closure. That's why JH was chosen.

• Unamused 2

20 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

JH is weak to temptations and manipulations. It's a shame. She had showed some characteristics at the beginning of the drama. 

There is no way FJ gonna set BGG with any girl in the future because FJ believe in freedom and so does DH, that's also the thing that DH can promise FJ, which is freedom. Not to mention FJ broke her engagement with Cang Yi, because she wanted to choose with whom she wanted to spend the rest of her life with ( eventhough she accepted the proposal fromCangyi, but she was drunk) so I don't think she would ever set him up with anyone, Infact she would be one of the nicest and coolest mother in laws ever! B), and if BGG just like his father, there is no way he would have a bad choice.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

1 minute ago, ChibiLy said:

I envision BGG as an adult to be icy face and not talkative, but less shameless compared to his dad.

BGG's sister will probably be more like FJ, very lively but may be smarter :D

If the daughter is as beautiful or more than FJ, as lively as mommy, and  smart as daddy...

DH will gain cultivation just by taking care of his little girl. We're talking of wards, Cang'he exhibitions, barricading Tai Chen palace/Bihai Cangling/Qing Qiu residence from matchmakers, and sending off suitors to Kunlun. :P

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

2 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

Yeah, she wasn't supposed to end up with XY in the leaked redemption scene, my question is, who wrote that she would end up with XY,  and why did they not think to include how/why/what she did to deserve that ending. I feel like the scene was an afterthought, probably more so for XY to have a happy ending than JH.

Does XY really love JH? He kept harping on about her beauty and talents. But does XY really understand what love is? 

• Unamused 1
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 2

16 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

But if BGG ended up with LSxCY daughter, what LS gonna call DH because I thought DH adopted CY as daughter? Or how Ahli gonna call BGG? Since LS is Ahli' Granduncle.. Which means LS's dsughter would be his Aunt, right? But BGG basically his Nephew..:sweatingbullets:

My brain is dying from confusion now...

• LOL 7

8 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

Knowing that XY's story will be years in coming to fruition from the author, they probably decided to end his story in ELoD for closure. That's why JH was chosen.

I rather think there's no need for happy ending for XY in ELOD. Ending with JH isn't a happy ending. :wacko:

• Unamused 1
  • LOL 4

6 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

If the daughter is as beautiful or more than FJ, as lively as mommy, and  smart as daddy...

DH will gain cultivation just by taking care of his little girl. We're talking of wards, Cang'he exhibitions, barricading Tai Chen palace/Bihai Cangling/Qing Qiu residence from matchmakers, and sending off suitors to Kunlun. :P

Poor princess.. Since no one gonna be good enough for her, a big possibility that she may stay single for the rest of her life... :sweat_smile:

• LOL 7

4 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

There is no way FJ gonna set BGG with any girl in the future because FJ believe in freedom and so does DH, that's also the thing that DH can promise FJ, which is freedom. Not to mention FJ broke her engagement with Cang Yi, because she wanted to choose with whom she wanted to spend the rest of her life with ( eventhough she accepted the proposal fromCangyi, but she was drunk) so I don't think she would ever set him up with anyone, Infact she would be one of the nicest and coolest mother in laws ever! B), and if BGG just like his father, there is no way he would have a bad choice.

Excellent point!  BGG's parents have set the standard quite high. Where will he find someone as beautiful, lively, affectionate, loving and good at cooking as his mother? 

6 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Lol. When BGG is older, I am sure he will do majority of the protecting! DH probably be training BGG since he was little to protect his mother and sister at all cost.

• LOL 5
  • Awesome 1

10 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Does XY really love JH? He kept harping on about her beauty and talents. But does XY really understand what love is? 

If only our boy was smarter.:joy: Or at least written a little smarter in the end. But in this series, I feel like XY does know what love and sacrifice is. We, as the audience and readers, know that in the books he will eventually learn/know better, but in the drama, JH is it for him. We can't choose who we love, or in this case, the writers chose for him. There is something very sweet about XY and his stubbornness in chasing after someone like JH. She's part crazy like him in that aspect, but unlike XY, JH wavers and is fickle with her love. XY is definitely aware of how fickle JH is in the drama, and all of her shortcomings, but he accepts her in a way that nobody in the audience can understand.

I agree that him ending up with nobody would have been the happy ending he deserved in the drama:joy: Someone in the writing crew needed to reread the book.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

If only our boy was smarter.:joy: Or at least written a little smarter in the end. But in this series, I feel like XY does know what love and sacrifice is. We, as the audience and readers, know that in the books he will eventually learn/know better, but in the drama, JH is it for him. We can't choose who we love, or in this case, the writers chose for him. There is something very sweet about XY and his stubbornness in chasing after someone like JH. She's part crazy like him in that aspect, but unlike XY, JH wavers and is fickle with her love. XY is definitely aware of how fickle JH is in the drama, and all of her shortcomings, but he accepts her in a way that nobody in the audience can understand.

XY loves the way FJ does. Even their logic when their affections were not returned. They didn't blame nor resent the one who couldn't love them back.

He'll get smarter, coz he's always hanging out now with LS. He misses the 3rd prince enough he's willing to play go even if he hates the game, hehehe! And since he seems to be a fixture now in DH's household, he'll be trained by BGG and DH. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Insightful 1

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

XY loves the way FJ does. Even their logic when their affections were not returned. They didn't blame nor resent the one who couldn't love them back.

He'll get smarter, coz he's always hanging out now with LS. He misses the 3rd prince enough he's willing to play go even if he hates the game, hehehe! And since he seems to be a fixture now in DH's household, he'll be trained by BGG and DH. :lol:

I really want to know how TQ feels about the creative liberties the production took with XY and JH's ending. She was part of the script writing process right? But are we sure she chose this? Was this added on/chosen afterwards in post production?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

I really want to know how TQ feels about the creative liberties the production took with XY and JH's ending. She was part of the script writing process right? But are we sure she chose this? Was this added on/chosen afterwards in post production?

Unless somebody in the know speaks up, or leaks something... She might be part of the scriptwriting team, but not everything gets followed while shooting. Even the scenes that make the final cut for the episodes. :expressionless:

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1

32 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Excellent point!  BGG's parents have set the standard quite high. Where will he find someone as beautiful, lively, affectionate, loving and good at cooking as his mother? 

Lol. When BGG is older, I am sure he will do majority of the protecting! DH probably be training BGG since he was little to protect his mother and sister at all cost.

That would be mean that BGG might have to stay single for the rest of his life as well.. Ha ha..now I feel bad for DHFJ's children :P, that is the price they have to pay for being the children of Dongfeng lol. 

• LOL 10