[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Honestly, with TQ's success with her 3L3W series, I don't think anyone would be foolish enough to touch it and go of canon like that.

All hell will break lose. :lol: Never mind the pitchforks some of you keep close at hand-  cannons will go off! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

How did DH recognize her as the kid he had saved when she was about to confront him in Fanyin Valley? But did not make the connection to the Taichen maid he talked once? Was she that "masked" that time by Zhe Yan?

In the book, When he saved her, she was in her original form, a fox. He didn't know she was the Bai's family granddaughter because she used to combine her tails into one. So he thought she was a wild fox. When she confronted him in Fanyin, because of the time compression magic, she shifted back to her original form which hasn't change.

I don't remember if she was masked as maid. In the book, they never met. In the drama, I think he didn't look at her properly. He was more interested by the fish she cooked.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

5 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

When he saved her, she was in her original form, a fox. He didn't know she was the Bai's family granddaughter because she used to combine her tails into one. So he thought she was a wild fox. When she confronted him in Fanyin, because of the time compression magic, she shifted back to her original form which hasn't change.

I don't remember if she was masked as maid. In the book, they never met. In the drama, I think he didn't look at her properly. He was more interested by the fish she cooked.

That part I wasn't certain of. Or already confused by the series. :lol: In the series she was in human form, then in Fanyin her tails were up. In the book, she was thought of as an ordinary fox that DH saved by putting a protective shield, and in Fanyin she is back to her original form due to the compression magic. 

What I meant with mask was that not only her birthmark was concealed, but any identifiers that will give away she's a princess.

• LOL 2

25 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Honestly, with TQ's success with her 3L3W series, I don't think anyone would be foolish enough to touch it and go of canon like that.

All hell will break lose. :lol: Never mind the pitchforks some of you keep close at hand-  cannons will go off! 

Amen to the pitchforks and cannons.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

5 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

@LovelyLadyThe small differences between the book and drama can be really confusing sometimes. 

In this case the book makes more sence to me. 

I understand. Speaking for me, I kinda separated the 2, there's the bookverse and the dramaverse. I don't intertwine them. I compared the changes they made. There are a lot of similarity and some big changes. The impact isn't the same. If you wanna see them as the same thing, it turned out really confusing.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

46 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

That part I wasn't certain of. Or already confused by the series. :lol: In the series she was in human form, then in Fanyin her tails were up. In the book, she was thought of as an ordinary fox that DH saved by putting a protective shield, and in Fanyin she is back to her original form due to the compression magic. 

What I meant with mask was that not only her birthmark was concealed, but any identifiers that will give away she's a princess.

I get what you meant. Sorry, I didn't understand well you previous post. I don't know why he remember her when her tails were out since like you said she was in her human form when he saved her in the drama. She showed her tail for a moment to divert the guard, but that was before Donghua arrived. Maybe, it's us viewers who saw her in her human form lol but Donghua saw her original form. Or there's a deleted scenes . Zhe yan concelead her birthmark , nothing else.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

8 hours ago, linh5000 said:

Did people hear about the third installment of the Three Lives, Three Worlds?  

https://www.jaynestars.com/news/third-installment-for-three-lives-three-worlds-in-the-making/

This is kinda wild. I don't know where to post this...I can't imagine they would do that to Bai Zhen and Zhe Yan.  Wouldn't there be an uproar from the fans (like us!) :rage:

This story is based on a popular BL fanfiction of the 3L3W universe. The novel is called 三生三世白暮泪 (3L3W The Twilight Tears).

Plans were made for this ZYxBZ story to be adapted after the success of both TMOPB and PB. The recent success of bromance drama The Untamed have also further added to the possibility of this adaptation.

I don't really know what to say but Twilight Tears do have its fanbase.

• Unamused 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Yori Ten said:

This story is based on a popular BL fanfiction of the 3L3W universe. The novel is called 三生三世白暮泪 (3L3W The Twilight Tears).

Plans were made for this ZYxBZ story to be adapted after the success of both TMOPB and PB. The recent success of bromance drama The Untamed have also further added to the possibility of this adaptation.

I don't really know what to say but Twilight Tears do have its fanbase.

Fanfic isn’t canon and its a dangerous territory to get into as the characters are indeed copyrighted as part of her book.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Fanfic isn’t canon and its a dangerous territory to get into as the characters are indeed copyrighted as part of her book.

I only hear the winds blowing at the beginning but they are howling now. Fans of Twilight Tears are super excited! I have not read the full novel but just a summary. No wonder fans went wild, it's super sweet, if BL is your cup of tea.

You're right about copyrighted characters so I am not sure if they are negotiating with TQ. What I know is that this adaptation is gaining momentum.

• Like 5

Feng Jiu was in her full 9 tailed fox form as she was very young then. She was out playing. In the show, you can definitely see that he likes fluffy stuff. He was looking at those tails with interest hahaha.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

1 minute ago, Yori Ten said:

I only hear the winds blowing im the beginning bit they are howling now. Fans of Twilight Tears are suoer excited! I have not read the full novel bit just a summary. No wonder fans went wild, it's super sweet, if BL is your cup of tea.

You're right about copyrighted characters so I am not sure if they are negotiating with TQ. What I know is that this adaptation is gaining momentum.

Doubt she will allow it as she still has unfinished books in the series.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Feng Jiu was in her full 9 tailed fox form as she was very young then. She was out playing. In the show, you can definitely see that he likes fluffy stuff. He was looking at those tails with interest hahaha.

Zhe Yan didn't try hard enough to take back handkerchief FJ because he divined from when she was very young that she'll be a very good match for DH. ;)

Come to think of it, Zhe Yan was all cahoots with her to go to Tai Chen palace. Hahaha. And the one who helped her feel better with herself again on almost all the times she got hurt. Or treat when injured.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

I only hear the winds blowing at the beginning but they are howling now. Fans of Twilight Tears are super excited! I have not read the full novel but just a summary. No wonder fans went wild, it's super sweet, if BL is your cup of tea.

Won't that also be riding on the popularity of Untamed, aside from the predecessors TMOPB and ELOD success? That too after copyright concerns.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, SC2019 said:

Sorry Megan, I can't even recall when I posted that. Do you know which page number of the forum so I can try to track it down?

It’s ok. I found the translation post. Thank you :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

About DH's sweet sour fish ..he never asked anyone who aren't dear/close to him to tastes his sweet sour fish wondering why...like ZhiHe or Jiheng.

seemed like DH only asked someone close or dear to him only... namely Liansong, Siming, Su Moye( not sure if he ever but he know how awful it tasted), Shao Wan , MoYan and FJ ( as a baby fox)...

I thought it was because he promised Ji Heng and Zhi He’s parents to look after them. Hence he couldn’t poison them. His hands were tied by honor.

• LOL 7

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Zhe Yan didn't try hard enough to take back handkerchief FJ because he divined from when she was very young that she'll be a very good match for DH. ;)

Come to think of it, Zhe Yan was all cahoots with her to go to Tai Chen palace. Hahaha. And the one who helped her feel better with herself again on almost all the times she got hurt. Or treat when injured.

Even though they initially had no fate or destiny as a couple, maybe Zhe Yan's ability to predict the future knew that somehow they were meant for each other. Awww I love Zhe Yan's subtle nonchalant attitude hidden behind his smiles. He and Si Ming were the first few DH FJ shippers :love:

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

35 minutes ago, Megan said:

I thought it was because he promised Ji Heng and Zhi He’s parents to look after them. Hence he couldn’t poison them. His hands were tied by honor.

His sweet sour fish by any means wasn't poisonous but it was terribly badly awful, tastes that can make one's fainted like Siming . It's just DH's hobby to pranks someone's he considers close or dear to him.

And yes he had a responsibility to taking care of ZhiHe because he adopted by ZH's parents although they never had any affection toward him due to his unique silver hair I think..and in JiHeng case he had to carry out his promise to cure JH illness due to Qiushui poisonous as per JH father's requested who once ..one of 72 generals served under him in prehistoric warfare in order to unify all Realms.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, linh5000 said:

Did people hear about the third installment of the Three Lives, Three Worlds?  

https://www.jaynestars.com/news/third-installment-for-three-lives-three-worlds-in-the-making/

This is kinda wild. I don't know where to post this...I can't imagine they would do that to Bai Zhen and Zhe Yan.  Wouldn't there be an uproar from the fans (like us!) :rage:

I don't like the sound of this. In TMOPB did they follow DH & FJ storyline in the book or they make it up? If they makeup the storyline, then I guess they are able to do that for this 3rd installment one. 

Since its based on a fanfiction, do they mention DH & FJ anywhere cos if there's a chance for them to reprise their role even as supporting characters I don't mind as long we can see them together again lol

What does BL fanfiction means. What does BL stands for? 

• Like 1
  • Unamused 3