[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

16 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Good thing i hated that version of them. I love DH’s deadpan sarcastic poisonous tongue. Lian Song constantly suffered from those tongue lashings! Ouch!

*cough* Lian Song seems to love verbal lashings by people closest to him. Seems like he is attracted to a certain type of personality!

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

Look at Dong Hua’s face carefully in Episode 29.

1) He knew there was a hole in the ground

2) He also knew who the culprit was. He kind of looked around for her and had this little smile when looking at the ground...

Made me laugh!

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Insightful 1

Just now, ChibiLy said:

*cough* Lian Song seems to love verbal lashings by people closest to him. Seems like he is attracted to a certain type of personality!

Cheng Yu bullies him a lot! Having said that he knew all the time DH has feelings for FJ. That was before DH had his own epiphany that he loves her.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

3 minutes ago, Ninky said:

He actually loves her competitive streak as well. He described her as 好强性子。 That’s why she stayed up so many nights for the sword box. 

Hehehhe. How competitive. The betting on who will DH marry. :lol: Though she gave her reasons as spirit of the monarch and that for Qing Qiu, she won't want to be second, surely DH was flattered, even just a tiny bit? Because the woman he's interested with had placed 200 bet to herself? :P

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Hehehhe. How competitive. The betting on who will DH marry. :lol: Though she gave her reasons as spirit of the monarch and that for Qing Qiu, she won't want to be second, surely DH was flattered, even just a tiny bit? Because the woman he's interested with had placed 200 bet to herself? :P

He was amused with that conversation with A-Li. Though poor FJ had no idea why she kept running into the man she tried so hard to avoid.

She was also going all out in the tea competition and the flute event. Was so happy that Ji Heng realises he is completely into Feng Jiu after she overheard the conversation between DH and FJ after the tea competition. 

I was like serves you right for eavesdropping. She is horrible. Constantly stalking DH.

• Like 5
  • Unamused 1
  • LOL 1

If ELoD have started from Ep24 and then did flashbacks, it would have been a better adaptation. The linear story telling made it easier to follow the drama for non PB fans but it also held back ELoD's potential to make a greater impact on the general audience. 

It is really quite difficult to lay a better storyboard for ELoD. They did great on the whole. If only we can just again, shortened the mortal arc. Hmmm...

• Like 6
  • Insightful 5

15 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

My thoughts exactly..he noticed FJ at that time his eyes follow her movement when she sneaked out to meet Ah Li.

At the Sky Heaven gate when FJ had a conversation with SM about how LS always tease SM..and If it was Dijun who teases him, she can't do anything about it..that situation also implied that FJ know about Siming very well. The interaction between FJ and Siming had piquing DH's interest and DH curious why FJ know that poor Siming always become the victims of LS and of course DJ's cruel/dangerous joke..DH's sweet sour fish made SM fainted.

Despite FJ explain the reason why she knows about Dijun guite well...seem like DH didn't buy it.. maybe the two firmly patted on Siming shoulder it's was a hinted "Siming , I know you're hiding something from me.." means.. Just my guess tho..

No he knows Si Ming is hiding something. That is the reason for patting his shoulder.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ninky said:

He was amused with that conversation with A-Li. Though poor FJ had no idea why she kept running into the man she tried so hard to avoid.

She was also going all out in the tea competition and the flute event. Was so happy that Ji Heng realises he is completely into Feng Jiu after she overheard the conversation between DH and FJ after the tea competition. 

I was like serves you right for eavesdropping. She is horrible. Constantly stalking DH.

FJ is an anamoly is his daily life in Taichen palace. That's why he got interested because everything else is same old same old.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 2

1 minute ago, Yori Ten said:

If ELoD have started from Ep24 and then did flashbacks, it would have been a better adaptation. The linear story telling made it easier to follow the drama for non PB fans but it also held back ELoD's potential to make a greater impact on the general audience. 

It is really quite difficult to lay a better storyboard for ELoD. They did great on the whole. If only we can just again, shortened the mortal arc. Hmmm...

I think Director wanted to impress on the audience, DH’s journey to becoming more human emotionally.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

1 minute ago, Ninky said:

No he knows Si Ming is hiding something. That is the reason for patting his shoulder.

Haha, for hiding something from me, you shall be eating more sweet and sour fish!!

The way LS tricked SM into eating that awful fish is too funny. SM being this gullible fella fell right into his trap.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

6 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Cheng Yu bullies him a lot! Having said that he knew all the time DH has feelings for FJ. That was before DH had his own epiphany that he loves her.

Reminds me of his quote in episode 27 "one is willing to fight, the other is willing to suffer, they are a good match." 

Although it's meant for DH and FJ. I felt it's more applicable to him and CY.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

I think Director wanted to impress on the audience, DH’s journey to becoming more human emotionally.

It could be. I remember when I first read PB, I was so mesmerized by TQ's writing and how she slowly unfolds her story. Each small revelations got me very interested and the suspense kept building up. Then again, reading and watching a drama is different so that's why the production took the linear story telling route.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 2

7 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

FJ is an anamoly is his daily life in Taichen palace. That's why he got interested because everything else is same old same old.

True. Dong Hua literally 不知不觉的爱上凤九 (fell in love unconsciously) with Feng Jiu.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

True. Dong Hua literally 不知不觉的爱上凤九 (fell in love unconsciously) with Feng Jiu.

Let's be honest. It is easy to fall in love with FJ. She may be simple at times, but she brings alot of joy wherever she goes. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4

8 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Reminds me of his quote in episode 27 "one is willing to fight, the other is willing to suffer, they are a good match." 

Although it's meant for DH and FJ. I felt it's more applicable to him and CY.

Lian Song was right when he was talking to Si Ming to find out more about the truth. He said even a rock can see that Dong Hua has long held feelings for Feng Jiu. Out of all the things, Lian Song is very emotionally aware. He is completely different from DH in this regard.

His ability to feel emotions is going to bite him in the butt in his own story.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 3

6 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Let's be honest. It is easy to fall in love with FJ. She may be simple at times, but she brings alot of joy wherever she goes. 

Hence all those male admirers. Even the BFF prefers her company than Ji Heng’s. YCW seeks her out to drown his sorrows! It is this friendship that poor Dong Hua cannot stand! Hahahaha!

Dong Hua, don’t think I don’t know you are deliberately trying to keep her away from YCW. He was constantly doing that in the book as well LOL!

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

2 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Lian Song was right when he was talking to Si Ming to find out more about the truth. He said even a rock can see that Dong Hua has long held feelings for Feng Jiu. Out of all the things, Lian Song is very emotionally aware. He is completely different from DH in this regard.

CY and his story will be a interesting read. CY seems so edgy when she is with him. What did LS do, for CY to be so aggressive towards him.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

Just now, ChibiLy said:

CY and his story will be a interesting read. CY seems so edgy when she is with him. What did LS do, for CY to be so aggressive towards him.

Whatever happened in the mortal world is why. Waiting for book 1 to be published in second half of year. We will get that part then.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Lian Song was one of my favourites in TMOPB. The only one who cared, supported, and helped YH.

So glad he was also in ELOD as DH's wingman. Funny as he is, he is very perceptive. Just knows which buttons to push so that he'll get what he wanted to know.

Hoping that it will be the same actor if ever the 3rd book becomes a series.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, MayanEcho said:

Lian Song was one of my favourites in TMOPB. The only one who cared, supported, and helped YH.

So glad he was also in ELOD as DH's wingman. Funny as he is, he is very perceptive. Just knows which buttons to push so that he'll get what he wanted to know.

Hoping that it will be the same actor if ever the 3rd book becomes a series.

Lian Song was born with the signs of greatness under the sea. There is a reason why TQ is emphasising this.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 2