Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland WebDrama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

Where do you think Ep 48 will end at?   

53 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Let' take a poll just for fun since we are waiting. Where do you think Ep 48 will end at?

• bing cang ceremony
    • DH and FJ leaving Fanyin Valley
    • Aranya's battle with the owl clan
    • DH and SMY peering into the Miaolu glass
    • Aranya in prison and talking to the mother

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/27/2020 at 03:30 PM

52 minutes ago, redfoxprincess said:

Hide contents

1. Removing Li Jing so that Ye Hua is Bai Qian’s first love

2. Making Mo Yuan & Ye Hua the same person (not twins)

Yes the CGI is really good, and the customes is beautiful (except zhe yan's LOL) maybe because the budget is bigger.

1. Li jing is awesome at the start, but after that he keep brooding and everytime he's on screen its always 'Si yin...Si yin...' He's more annoying than Feng jiu (on Drama)

2. Ooh so that means I'm not confused about the ending, they really make them the same person...

I watched the movie first but because my friend already told me before about Bai qian and Ye hua, that why the ending confused me...

Yes IMO the drama is to draggy, no need to flesh out the villain's character too much, I thought Su jin have too much screen time <_<

7xAIvaf.jpg

KQaJaLH.jpg

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Yes the CGI is really good, and the customes is beautiful (except zhe yan's LOL) maybe because the budget is bigger.

1. Yes, Li jing is awesome at the start, but after that he keep brooding and everytime he's on screen its always 'Si yin...Si yin...' He's more annoying than Feng jiu (on Drama)

2. Ooh so that means I'm not confused about the ending, they really make them the same person...

I watched the movie first but because my friend already told me before about Bai qian and Ye hua, that why the ending confused me...

Yes IMO the drama is to draggy, no need to flesh out the villain's character too much, I thought Su jin have too much screen time <_<

I read the books first, then watched the film, then watched the drama. Yes, I thought no. 2 was a good and clever change, but unfortunately it could have been better executed so that people weren’t so confused. I totally agree that the drama dragged - especially the extended Li Jing/Xuan Nu/dead baby and the older brother plot which I felt was boring and unnecessary. While Zhi Lan & Yan Zhi were cute, their story also dragged. And 100% agree Su Jin had too much air time, especially in the first arc when they extended the plot to say she was useful in pacifying the Elders, went travelling with Ye Hua, and even went to war against the mermaid clan (LOL does she even know how to wield a weapon?! Ridiculous!) - again, I felt it was so boring, unnecessary and overinflated her importance. Really the best thing to come out of the drama was the visuals and chemistry created by Reba & Vengo, setting them up to be the perfect REAL FJ & DH in this upcoming drama... :wub:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

i guess for now my main focus is pillow book

even though it hasnt been aired yet

let's just stick to one for now

hahaha

2 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

that's is worrying for me too even for pillow book drama

as i said before i dont mind watching only dongfeng for the majority drama's screentime :P

what if they give jiheng more screen time and making her or at least try to make her more likeable or something

that would be so annoying

sighs

2 hours ago, redfoxprincess said:

Really the best thing to come out of the drama was the visuals and chemistry created by Reba & Vengo, setting them up to be the perfect REAL FJ & DH in this upcoming drama... :wub:

this i have to 100% agree

the best outcome from the drama is their chemistry and visual

hahaha

i like the idea of ye hua being bai qian's first love instead of lijing, though i dont mind if her first love is  not ye hua

is not the first that matter its the last one hahaha

but i dont think i like the idea of ye hua and mo yuan being the same person

then again i didnt watch the movie maybe it is better that way for the movie

:)

• Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 10:48 PM, redfoxprincess said:

Oh i LOVED SEXY shifu Mo Yuan!!! :wub: Sigh... but Ye Hua... no thanks. :D I know i know... i’m nuts... how can the same person give me such different feeeeeels?!?!

YES YES, that’s exactly my thoughts! Xiao Nai from Love O2O is modern-day Dong Hua! That’s why i couldn’t help but imagine him as Dong Hua. His game character outfit just needed white hair and voila! I’m all for my pretty boy Yang Yang, he’s my eye candy... :love: So i’m very ok with him maintaining his prettiness! :D

Mark’s acting felt overblown for me, especially considering how reserved the book described Ye Hua to be. But i know many appreciated his acting and portrayal of emotions. I felt he was a bit too theatrical for my liking, and maybe that’s why i liked Mo Yuan - oh, and his topknot!

Thanks for the kind reminder about my choice of term. I’m sorry if i offended or hurt anyone here. I meant no malice. I merely meant that Mark Chao’s long wig, when let down, made him look like a drag queen. Here in Australia, the term ‘tranny’ is mostly used interchangeably by the drag queen community and probably isn’t as sensitive as it is in other parts of the world - we love our drag queens. ‘Trans’ is more commonly used by the LGBTQIA community in general. I guess it’s all just part of life here, and i’m from Sydney - the home of Mardi Gras - and we are proud. :)

I see your point about Mark’s Ye Hua, but it’s endearing to me. Granted, I watched half the drama first, and then read the books to know the ending before finishing the drama so I already had Mark in my mind as Ye Hua. He is dramatic, but he didn’t feel cheesy to me. The scenes felt really raw and powerful due to his pivotal emotional scenes. I think he still showed that he was reserved in scenes outside of Bai Qian. 

Also loved Mo Yuan! I fall in love with him every time. I do like Mo Yuan’s stoicness more, but with how much censorship drama Bai Qian got with her casual sexual advances, if Ye Hua wasn’t portrayed as more forward, it would’ve taken them 200 episodes to be together. 

As far as the word “tranny,” my reason for pointing it out is because it’s different from the word “trans,” at least in the US. Tranny is a derogatory version of trans and is only used as a slur in the US. Also, using the word trans / tranny as an adjective to describe “ugly cross dresser” was more what I wanted to highlight as problematic. Thank you so much for respectfully responding to my concerns though. I was really worried about offending people, but I’m a huge advocate for LGBT+ issues so I just wanted to bring attention to word usage. 

On 1/9/2019 at 1:53 AM, chubby^green^ said:

yes, i actually find myself in tune with ye hua and responded with his display of emotion as ye hua, cant say much about mo yuan since he is quite stoic hahaha

that's why i think i adore mark chao's portray of ye hua, he nails the emotion part quite well

and aso i dont think his crying ugly, i find it very heartbreaking

i like his attire as well

suited his somber mood in the drama

still think it looks like swamp monster since it sorta engulfed ye hua whole most of the time, and that guy is quite big himself hahaha

and i'm also sorry about the word 'tranny'

i dont think much about it before and was focused so much on his hair that i may overlooked how bad that word is

and i still find him and that gorgeous hair of his is sexy especially when he is bed

lor hahaha

i have faith in both of them too ^_^

they look great together and their chemistry together is amazing

even before they were dongfeng, they already felt perfect together

I like an actor that can ugly cry genuinely. It resonated with me as well! His costuming is a bit swamp monster, but I like that LOL. Still want that crow cape. But also, I work in fashion so I like that kind of wild, avant garde design. I will also admit that his hair down was U G L Y, but I just wanted to point out that we shouldn’t make terms referring to groups of people be synonymous with “ugly.” Though, I can get over my aversion to his hair when he’s in bed. HAHA. I much prefer my drama men in top knots though so Mo Yuan is dreamyyyyyy. 

3 hours ago, redfoxprincess said:

Hmm, I think they did a pretty good job, considering it’s an artistic film adaption with its own interpretation of the story, which means it wouldn’t have been reasonable anyway to expect that they flesh out the whole story like a drama, albeit in 1 hour & 40 minutes. In many ways, I thought the film was better than the drama - it felt a lot less soapy, its cinematography, CGI & SFX was amazing, the entire cast was truer to the book’s descriptions, Ah Li was super cute & chubby, and the simplified storyline made a lot of people’s wishes come true by:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Removing Li Jing so that Ye Hua is Bai Qian’s first love

2. Making Mo Yuan & Ye Hua the same person (not twins)

While it’s perfectly fine to have preferences, I think many of the ways people compare the drama & the film, then bash the film because they expect it to be like the drama rather than appreciating it for what it is, is not really fair. I hope you get to watch the film some time and enjoy it for what it is, because it’s really beautiful. Its storytelling wasn’t great because it left many people confused, but I also think that people didn’t really try to understand how it wanted to differentiate itself. The interesting consensus is that people who didn’t know the story before watching the film actually had no problem understanding it. It’s the people who expect it to be just like the drama who couldn’t interpret and appreciate it with a fresh and unbiased mind.

I don’t like it when a film is based off a source media and then change everything about it. It didn’t have to be like the drama, but I felt that too many main things were changed from the books. 

Spoiler

I did like the plot point of Moyuan and YeHua being the same person because I love both. It’s a total win-win situation and an original twist to the “three lives” aspect of the story. 

I think the CGI and costuming is superb, though it was almost too fantasy-like for my personal tastes. Movies typically have better CGI because they’re so short so they can afford more intensive CGI work so I won’t hold the CGI against the drama. I think I will go rewatch the movie sometime this week to see if my opinions have changed. Maybe I’ll like it more now! My one critique is how short it is. Even 20 minutes would’ve made it better with just a bit more depth. Most movies in the US are longer than 2 hours with way less world building required. 

5 hours ago, Lena Lu said:

I don’t like it when a film is based off a source media and then change everything about it. It didn’t have to be like the drama, but I felt that too many main things were changed from the books. 

I actually felt the film, despite being so short, captured the feel and essence of the books a lot more, and the characters were more true to character, both visually and personality-wise. And accordingly, i felt it was the drama that tried to change things up way too much and added way too much.

5 hours ago, Lena Lu said:

Also, using the word trans / tranny as an adjective to describe “ugly cross dresser” was more what I wanted to highlight as problematic.

I will also admit that his hair down was U G L Y, but I just wanted to point out that we shouldn’t make terms referring to groups of people be synonymous with “ugly.”

First things first, i did NOT use the word ‘tranny’ to describe ‘ugly cross dresser’. How did you jump to this and how/why are cross-dressers ugly? I used the word ‘tranny’ (in the ‘drag queen’ sense) to describe Ye Hua’s wig. I said I laughed at his hair. I said his crying face was ugly. So i didn’t say it before, but i’ll say it now: his hair was ugly too. I’ve said it many times and i’ll happily say it again: I think the way they styled Mark Chao as Ye Hua in Eternal Love was in every way UGLY from head to toe - hair, robes, underwear, swamp monster jacket - ALL UGLY. In behind-the-scenes footage, even the (female) director kept laughing and telling him he looked too ugly to be Ye Hua! But Yang Mi said she loved his wig!

I hate getting overly politically correct though, for the very reason that this has already highlighted: terms are used differently in different countries and cultures. The term ‘tranny’ originated here in Sydney, Australia, and you can read more about it here and here, but i was using it in the more recent ‘drag queen’/‘Tranny Bingo’ sense. So while ‘tranny’ is offensive in your mind because of its usage and connotations in the US, all i thought was ‘he looks like a drag queen’. Yes, i thought Ye Hua’s hair down was ugly. But i also think men in drag are downright ugly. I don’t consider ‘drag queens’ to be a ‘group of people’ but rather a ‘style’ - a style/look/fashion expression for entertainment purposes that i happen to think is ugly (entertaining, but ugly). Since you work in fashion, surely, you must find some fashion ugly and some not, right? It’s got absolutely NOTHING to do with LGBTQIA. In fact, transgender persons would be the first to want to distinguish themselves from drag queen entertainers.

I also want to speak up for those who are not on the same page with LGBT+ issues - it’s absolutely okay to have a different opinion, and it’s absolutely okay to laugh at the fact that Ye Hua looked like a drag queen.

Considering perhaps many of you are in Asian countries, maybe you didn’t think of drag queens, but you thought of the ‘ladyboy’ entertainers in Thailand - that, to me, is also a very iconic ‘look’ for entertainment purposes, and I see no problem with thinking that is ugly either. Or maybe you think Thai ladyboys are gorgeous (I certainly do and boy am I envious - pun intended), but Ye Hua with ladyboy hair - not so much! There’s something about his really, really long, straight, rigid, obvious, fake-as wig that is so incredibly unsettling, that distinctly reminds me of the kind of over-the-top (pun intended) fake-as wigs drag queens and ladyboys use, that looks so particularly terrible on Mark Chao in combination with all his terrible Eternal Love costumes, especially that final scene’s peach blossom robe! :crazy: Funnily enough, when Mo Yuan woke up and was wearing that same wig with a simple white robe, i thought he looked... sexy... :w00t: So what is it??? Maybe his beard balanced it out?! Yang Yang had his hair down in that Divine Fungal Grass Monster fight scene and i thought his long, flowing, windswept hair (wig) looked amazing! And his pretty face was as smooth and clean-shaven as a baby’s bum!

Hypothetically speaking, I don’t think it even makes any sense to call trans persons (transgender, transexual, transvestite) - as a supposed group of people - ‘ugly’, when their looks are as diverse as their gender identities, and I’m not sure there’s any aesthetic commonality that distinguishes them or can be used to generalise their appearances. I have a transgender cousin. Born female, he now looks just like any other balding, overweight middle-aged blokey bloke. So what?

But I digress... I will say no more. Back to DH & FJ! :wub: Dare i say, i actually thought Vengo’s white wig in Eternal Love was rigid and boring. It was exactly like Liang Song’s hair but in white. It was a far cry from how I imagined those beautiful flowing silver tresses when reading the book and looking at the official pictorial album art. I am so thankful to see what looks to be a huge improvement in his white wig in the upcoming drama.

11 hours ago, redfoxprincess said:

First things first, i did NOT use the word ‘tranny’ to describe ‘ugly cross dresser’. How did you jump to this and how/why are cross-dressers ugly? I used the word ‘tranny’ (in the ‘drag queen’ sense) to describe Ye Hua’s wig. I said I laughed at his hair. 

I hate getting overly politically correct though, for the very reason that this has already highlighted: terms are used differently in different countries and cultures. The term ‘tranny’ originated here in Sydney, Australia, and you can read more about it here and here, but i was using it in the more recent ‘drag queen’/‘Tranny Bingo’ sense. So while ‘tranny’ is offensive in your mind because of its usage and connotations in the US, all i thought was ‘he looks like a drag queen’. Yes, i thought Ye Hua’s hair down was ugly. But i also think men in drag are downright ugly. I don’t consider ‘drag queens’ to be a ‘group of people’ but rather a ‘style’ - a style/look/fashion expression for entertainment purposes that i happen to think is ugly (entertaining, but ugly). Since you work in fashion, surely, you must find some fashion ugly and some not, right? It’s got absolutely NOTHING to do with LGBTQIA. In fact, transgender persons would be the first to want to distinguish themselves from drag queen entertainers.

I also want to speak up for those who are not on the same page with LGBT+ issues - it’s absolutely okay to have a different opinion, and it’s absolutely okay to laugh at the fact that Ye Hua looked like a drag queen.

Hypothetically speaking, I don’t think it even makes any sense to call trans persons (transgender, transexual, transvestite) - as a supposed group of people - ‘ugly’, when their looks are as diverse as their gender identities, and I’m not sure there’s any aesthetic commonality that distinguishes them or can be used to generalise their appearances. I have a transgender cousin. Born female, he now looks just like any other balding, overweight middle-aged blokey bloke. So what?

I don’t know anything about Australian terms, but the word tranny is considered a slur in the US and it is used to describe “transsexuals” which is an outdated term. It was used as a slur because it was typically to make fun of “ugly” MTF trans people. Drag queens are absolutely different from transgender people, but the term in the US typically refers to transgender people and not drag queens which is why I said that a more appropriate word could be used because you’re referring to drag. However, you’re welcomed to use any word as it does mean something different in your culture, but for a global audience, I wanted to point out how this word may be offensive to those in the US. 

I will agree to disagree about whether or not drag queens are a group or a style though. I know many drag queens who would argue both sides so neither of us are right or wrong here. Just a matter of opinion, some see it as an identity and others as a style. I personally love drag culture and drag queen styles so also agree to disagree on it being ugly. 

You’re right that it doesn’t make sense to associate an entire group of people with “ugly,” and that’s not what I am implying, but below are some background links for why I am bringing it up as a point. There are trans people who don’t find the word offensive (as mentioned in the blog below), but just like the n-word, I would personally avoid using because it’s not my place as a outsider of the marginalized group to say that a slur isn’t a slur. I originally brought up the point just in case you were not familiar with LGBT+ issues and didn’t realize it could be offensive, but seeing as you are familiar with the word and LGBT+ issues, it is absolutely your personal decision to use the word or not. Again, I know nothing about Australian LGBT+ communities so I am not trying to police you on the word. I would like this conversation to end here, I think we have both respectfully provided sufficient links and thoughts for people to make their own choices. 

http://juliaserano.blogspot.com/2014/04/a-personal-history-of-t-word-and-some.html?m=1

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tranny

On a lighter, on-topic note, I found Donghua’s wig to be really plastic-y looking and not at all like his beautiful silver locks. It’s almost yellow-tinted in certain lighting. 

I will also give the movie another watch now that I’m more familiar with the books to see if I also find it more in line. The drama does add a lot of side plot, but I didn’t think the main plot was too different. Granted, I had a hard time visualizing the book differently from the drama when I read it, maybe some of the nuances were lost in translation or just lost on me. I tend to overlay drama and books when I have both forms. 

i wanted to talk about this before but as i was getting excited about my chronological finding talent i have totally forgotten about it

i realised that in book one, feng jiu have a lil too much gag reaction, almost too slapstick for me

or maybe because how i interpret the story

but when i read she falls hard on the floor

dropped to the floor plays dead

fell straight to the door

fell over and slammed her face and so on

i felt like it is a lil forced

the action of the reaction i mean

i wonder how will dilraba will do these gags if it were to be used in the drama without making it seems a lil too much

i wouldnt mind if those were not used at all actually

hahaha

okay back to main point i want to talk about

first

the xiao yan and donghua battle at mount fuyu

the reason why donghua brought fengjiu alone

was it to fulfill her request that she made while she was drunk some times before

since she was teeny tiny (well she is at that moment since she is a handkerchief) and asked to be brought along with him to the fight

he rather willingly obliges

i would want to think that way even though it was not mentioned in the book

hahaha

and also

when she was attacked by the one wing snow lion shaoying

after i read book 2 and about the heartache she felt because no one was there to save her each time she was in peril

i read that bit of her melancholy and find it even more heartbreaking

i totally understand her saying of noone was there to help her

even though in the end she was saved

it was always at the very last end where she has suffered too much and too hard

it was never in the nick of time

during that time, donghua was supposed to come even before shaoying struck her the first time and that didn't happen

it was forgivable still if he comes when the lon struck her the second time and that didn't happen too

instead she was beaten almost to her death and it was her own effort that she manages to find a way to be found by siming

it seems that during that time her fate was far stronger with siming than the non existent one she has with donghua - i wonder what would happen if destiny wasn't rewritten for them

will siming had a chance instead?

hahaha

by reading book 1 and then book 2 and taken into consideration book 2 while rereading book 1 and then book 2 again

i have better and more profound emotional attachment to the story

everything seems to clicked even more and affected you even more

since we are only in january of 2019, still a very long way to go

can we have another trailer like please? 

hahaha

btw

i remember the things that was left by fengjiu by accident and maybe fate at taichen palace and was collected by donghua

i was in awe that he kept everything with him all the time

its not like he knows she would be there at that time to inquire and collect them all

so he must have them with him all the time

unless he is a picker and hoarder hahaha

anyway i know about the 

the citrine bracelet and also the white hair pin

what about the white jade one? is that one of her own as well?

and also we still didnt know what happens to the white jade trinket that shaoying take from fox jiu before

i thought it would play a role later in the story

but it seriously didnt

just becoming a simple tool for fengjiu's reminiscing 

@chubby^green^

Yeah her slapstick reactions in novel wont work well on tv, but I believe in Reba's cuteness, just look at this ! I keep replaying it the first time I see it :wub:

https://i.imgur.com/lPv6LwX.gifv

Rather than Si ming, I prefer her with Xiao yan, they'll make a cute couple and I dont think Ji heng deserve Xiao yan :sweatingbullets:

I also hope they keep the hair pin scene but based on photos and leaked videos so far she's not wearing it (Dong hua change it to pink right?)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chubby^green^ said:

i wanted to talk about this before but as i was getting excited about my chronological finding talent i have totally forgotten about it

i realised that in book one, feng jiu have a lil too much gag reaction, almost too slapstick for me

or maybe because how i interpret the story

but when i read she falls hard on the floor

dropped to the floor plays dead

fell straight to the door

fell over and slammed her face and so on

i felt like it is a lil forced

the action of the reaction i mean

i wonder how will dilraba will do these gags if it were to be used in the drama without making it seems a lil too much

i wouldnt mind if those were not used at all actually

hahaha

okay back to main point i want to talk about

first

the xiao yan and donghua battle at mount fuyu

the reason why donghua brought fengjiu alone

was it to fulfill her request that she made while she was drunk some times before

since she was teeny tiny (well she is at that moment since she is a handkerchief) and asked to be brought along with him to the fight

he rather willingly obliges

i would want to think that way even though it was not mentioned in the book

hahaha

and also

when she was attacked by the one wing snow lion shaoying

after i read book 2 and about the heartache she felt because no one was there to save her each time she was in peril

i read that bit of her melancholy and find it even more heartbreaking

i totally understand her saying of noone was there to help her

even though in the end she was saved

it was always at the very last end where she has suffered too much and too hard

it was never in the nick of time

during that time, donghua was supposed to come even before shaoying struck her the first time and that didn't happen

it was forgivable still if he comes when the lon struck her the second time and that didn't happen too

instead she was beaten almost to her death and it was her own effort that she manages to find a way to be found by siming

it seems that during that time her fate was far stronger with siming than the non existent one she has with donghua - i wonder what would happen if destiny wasn't rewritten for them

will siming had a chance instead?

hahaha

by reading book 1 and then book 2 and taken into consideration book 2 while rereading book 1 and then book 2 again

i have better and more profound emotional attachment to the story

everything seems to clicked even more and affected you even more

since we are only in january of 2019, still a very long way to go

can we have another trailer like please? 

hahaha

btw

i remember the things that was left by fengjiu by accident and maybe fate at taichen palace and was collected by donghua

i was in awe that he kept everything with him all the time

its not like he knows she would be there at that time to inquire and collect them all

so he must have them with him all the time

unless he is a picker and hoarder hahaha

anyway i know about the 

the citrine bracelet and also the white hair pin

what about the white jade one? is that one of her own as well?

and also we still didnt know what happens to the white jade trinket that shaoying take from fox jiu before

i thought it would play a role later in the story

but it seriously didnt

just becoming a simple tool for fengjiu's reminiscing 

play dead..fell straight through the door...fell over and crashed on the ground..

I was looking forward for the hilarious/ awkward( all of per-stated lists) parts.. Reba is very sweet and adorable..so I think she can play that part very well bc I watched her in Sweet Dream and Pretty Li Huizhen..

I definitely don't want to think about FJ's fate/destiny with any other Man..it's make my skin crawl or nauseous to think of DongFeng with another..

I like Siming play the part of being one of FJ's saviour..but as FJ's love interest..just NO...i mean DongHua and Siming totally the opposite character eventhough both was considered Two Walking Encylopedia ..while Donghua Dijun is Walking Buddhist Manual...Siming is Walking Baqua Manual aka Gossip mongers..lol 

for me Siming was like a brother to FJ..nursing her when she was injured and console her when she's sad . Siming really know the boundaries when he is with FJ always call her "Your Highness".

White Jade hairpin

It's Donghua gift to FJ. This fact was mentioned somewhere in the book.

I am still pondering over the exact meaning of these phrases in the book such as :

1)Spent half a day pondering 

2)Scratched her head for half a day

3)In half a teacup's time

And so many others such a intriguing words....lol

PS : I wondering if Mo Yan and Zhe Yan have a gold pigment in their blood just like Donghua's..a golden red?.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

@chubby^green^

Yeah her slapstick reactions in novel wont work well on tv, but I believe in Reba's cuteness, just look at this ! I keep replaying it the first time I see it :wub:

Rather than Si ming, I prefer her with Xiao yan, they'll make a cute couple and I dont think Ji heng deserve Xiao yan :sweatingbullets:

I also hope they keep the hair pin scene but based on photos and leaked videos so far she's not wearing it (Dong hua change it to pink right?)

The one that Donghua change to pink was FJ White Flower hairpin ( symbolize to her mourning attire along with her white dress)

Donghua representing three things to FJ. it's was citrine bracelet Yi Qingti's gift..white flower hairpin(white color which later DH secretly change it's color to pink bc he dont like the idea of FJ mourning state)and also White Jade hairpin. It's DH's gift. Remember FJ seem to confused when DH give her three items because one of those item( white jade hairpin) wasn't belong to her.

Ps: I could be wrong tho..lol.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

The one that Donghua change to pink was FJ White Flower hairpin ( symbolize to her mourning attire along with her white dress)

Donghua representing three things to FJ. it's was citrine bracelet Yi Qingti's gift..white flower hairpin(white color which later DH secretly change it's color to pink bc he dont like the idea of FJ mourning state)and also White Jade hairpin. It's DH's gift. Remember FJ seem to confused when DH give her three items because one of those item( white jade hairpin) wasn't belong to her.

Ps: I could be wrong tho..lol.

Ah I was wondering about that too, why is Feng jiu confused at that moment...so Dong hua really give her that hairpin? But after that it was never mentioned again...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

@chubby^green^

ah that scene, she is just too cute

i also like the scene of her hugging donghua claiming that she really likes him when she was drunk from the fermented fruit (she was eating plums i think)

the way she hugs him while still chewing the fruit and looking up to him is just too damn cute

hahaha

also the one where she hides the fruits from donghua hahaha

i also believe in dilraba and think that she can do it without it being too forced hahaha

7 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

xiao yan belongs to bai gungun muahaha

5 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

I definitely don't want to think about FJ's fate/destiny with any other Man..it's make my skin crawl or nauseous to think of DongFeng with another..

I like Siming play the part of being one of FJ's saviour..but as FJ's love interest..just NO..

as i said before i don't see any romantics between siming and fengjiu, just a simple brotherly love and admiration only, he cares for her but it was an innocent love and care in my opinion, just like how zhe yan is quite protective over bai's family, but then again they are like family to him, after all according to fengjiu, he is her young uncle in law :P

i even was surprised when there was hinted in both book and drama of him being romantically interested in her, seriously that one just flew over me just like that

just that i am looking at the perspective of fate and destiny, and pondering over fengjiu's thoughts when she was saying how jiheng has more fate with donghua compared to her, and in the beginning it does seem like that

i started realise that if that is the case, then siming has more fate with her than donghua as well in the beginning as well

so i was just contemplating on that thought, and the whole what if, just popped up

and then i am in awed with fengjiu's determination and perseverance, how she and only she manages to moves the stone of destiny to change something that was already written on the wall (she was the one who did everything after all)

and i am totally amazed at that as well

hahaha

that's what i was saying, and then i realised

the citrine bracelet and the white flower hairpin was definitely fengjiu's

but i think that the white jade hairpin one was something he dig up on his sleeve just because fengjiu refused to admit that she is fully awake and definitely not sleepwalking (she was stubbornly insisting that she is sleepwalking and got lost in her way)

i believe if she was still adamant, he would brought up more things from his sleeve, one after another 

because as usual donghua needs to have the final say and he seems to be having too much fun at her expenses

hahaha

i really hope they don't throw out this scene but it is really funny and cute

1)Spent half a day pondering 

2)Scratched her head for half a day

3)In half a teacup's time

hahaha i was like that too at first

half a day, cant be, how can she hold the teacup and pout it for half a day just like that?

hahaha

then i thought ah, maybe because a second in heaven is almost few hours in mortal realm?

then again i just assume that when half a day was used, it is to give  a sense that a gap of time happened, an obvious gap of time that would usually be in silence and a lil awkwardness 

:sweatingbullets:

still quite confusing though

at least when they use half of incense stick burn time, i would totally understand as compared to in half a teacup's time hahaha

• LOL 2

Hi! I'm a long time lurker here largely bc I never know quite what to say. This time I think I can clear up a little bit of confusion, so I decided to post:sweatingbullets:

So for the half a day thing, that's a Chinese idiom, so while the words literally translate to "half a day" it idiomatically means "quite a while" so when something like that shows up, just think of it as "Fengjiu poured tea for longer than you are supposed to pour tea, or indeed quite a while."

I think the translators tend to leave it in bc they are more used to Chinese most of the time, and don't know that this idiom seems very strange for most English speakers.:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

^

i think its interesting that the translator leave the idiom as it is since it is unique and something related to chinese culture

its not like we dont have that phrases in english or in our own native language, but seeing how other language describe the 'quite a while' phrase in their own way is kinda interesting

hahaha

anyway i think i saw this before but forgot all about it

kinda fun to post this again

our immortals keeping up with the technology hahaha

45553758_1981967978555817_8052426333461143198_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fszb1-1.fna.fbcdn.net

44836732_288644805118279_3082916973194580799_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fszb1-1.fna.fbcdn.net

i saw others too but i dont want to post too much pics

got this at https://www.facebook.com/thepillowbooklovers

hahaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

As much as I sort of liked them as a side storyline, I do hope that FJ has matured somewhat. It's always a bit hard to stomach seeing the girl chasing after the guy so desperately throwing all reason aside. 

one more thing that i find quite interesting is that how they use the chinese animal zodiacs into time

i even searched for it and i find something more interesting

the fact that there are only 12 animal zodiacs and so the time was divided according to the animals' time of active and each animal got two hours allocation time (correct me if i'm wrong)

i find that interesting

anyway talking about phrases and idiom

aside the use of half a day to signifies time

i also find ramming their head into tofu to kill themselves interesting

is it to hide their face, or what is the meaning of that exactly?

hahaha

6 minutes ago, Maria Brimstone said:

As much as I sort of liked them as a side storyline, I do hope that FJ has matured somewhat. It's always a bit hard to stomach seeing the girl chasing after the guy so desperately throwing all reason aside. 

ah... if you read the book aka pillow book you will see that it is not feng jiu who is chasing donghua

but it's the other way around

in the book her time as a taichen palace maid and also her being a fox pet to donghua was mentioned briefly and only as a reminiscences

for most of the time the book is  talking about how fengjiu has given up on donghua and tries her best to evade him

just that stone of destiny has changed and now because of fate between fengjiu and donghua existed

they keep being attracted to one another

and also main point, it is donghua who did most of the chasing

i recommend you to read the book and not based on just the drama

pillow book drama will follow closely the book instead of the dongfeng you know from 10 miles peach blossom

which is almost like different people all together, just that they have same name and in this case same face

hahaha

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chubby^green^ said:

ok aka pillow book you will see that it is not feng jiu who is chasing donghua

but it's the other way around

in the book her time as a taichen palace maid and also her being a fox pet to donghua was mentioned briefly and only as a reminiscences

for most of the time the book is  talking about how fengjiu has given up on donghua and tries her best to evade him

just that stone of destiny has changed and now because of fate between fengjiu and donghua existed

they keep being attracted to one another

and also main point, it is donghua who did most of the chasing

i recommend you to read the book and not based on just the drama

pillow book drama will follow closely the book instead of the dongfeng you know from 10 miles peach blossom

which is almost like different people all together, just that they have same name and in this case same face

hahaha

YEAH RIGHT. In the TMPOB i liked Feng Jiu's cuteness but when she's doing a hardcore going after Dong Hua it was annoying af. TMPOB Dong Hua arc is nothing like  The Pillow Book and i think this Pillow Book drama will go after Feng Jiu and Dong Hua book arc. As you can see Reba's released stills, she looks mature than FJ in the TMPOB..... 

One thing i like to see in the drama is that they should show more of Dong Hua chasing after FJ and show his shamelessness. That would be sweet and hilarious. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

"..ramming my head into tofu and kill myeslf"  

Ah Li and Meng Shao use the same sentence...

@chubby^green^ we exactly have the same thought..wondering what was the exact meaning.

@hara128 Hello!! Welcome on board!! Any thought? and thks for your explanation about thoses phrases..much appreciated.

@Maria Brimstone i take that you clearly didn't read the book..just like @chubby^green^ suggested..read the book first and then maybe kindly share your thoughts.

@Kimberly Amor me too..can't wait to see how shamelessly DH gonna be ..using every tricks or methods in order to pursue his beloved FJ.

51 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

"..ramming my head into tofu and kill myeslf"  

@hara128 Hello!! Welcome on board!! Any thought? and thks for your explanation about thoses phrases..much appreciated.

HI!! (I've been lurking here for a while now, but I never have too too much to say with all the speculation.:sweatingbullets:)

I just have a little bit of chinese knowledge, so I noticed when a question came up regarding the phrase and thought "OH! A THING I CAN SAY!"

For the death by Tofu idiom...it's not a very common one, which is why the translator must have left it in, but what it basically boils down to, as far as I can understand it, is that a piece of tofu is really really soft, so basically, you must have already suffered such trauma beforehand that ramming your head into a piece of tofu would then kill you. 

:D:D It's a little bit like the straw that broke the camel's back. The piece of tofu is the last little bit of trauma that would kill you if you hit it. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

@hara128

Welcome on board ! And thanks for explaining that for us :thumbsup:

@Kimberly Amor

Yup, I dont mind if they added more scenes of Donghua's shamelesness LOL. Just pray that they dont add more scenes for Ji heng like they did for Su jin <_<

5 hours ago, Maria Brimstone said:

Hi, like everyone has said, Feng jiu from novel is not like Feng jiu from drama at all, she's more mature and have more dignity and understand her role as a Queen. Its Dong hua who shamelessly chased her :sweatingbullets: I hope you can give this drama a chance because it will follow the novel closely, the story is amazing :thumbsup:

• Like 2