[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Ep26 DH must have heard about the blind date banquet and the rumours about him bathing with his fairy at the hot spring. Are these the reasons why he has to openly tell at Qingyun Hall that FJ left her bracelet, hairpin, and pinning flower at the hot spring? :naughty:

So very DH, staking a claim on FJ because he's finding her interesting. Hahaha.

• Like 1
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 5

Still in Ep26, drunk FJ scene. This still makes me so sad for her, knowing what she had to do without him knowing. Cue "Book of Fate" soundtrack when she told DH that he is lying as response to him saying he'll send her back. She was finally telling him what she couldn't as that little fox.

DH should have had the clues already who she is when she told him he said she was a pet and he didn't ask her to stay when she left.

What I like in this scene: their eyes and facial expressions. Everything's on point.

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

3 hours ago, Donghuadijun said:

I just don't understand why DH had to stop and enjoy tea while SM and LS gossiping, it doesn't look like they were so far away from QQ since FJ was there to eavesdropping :sweatingbullets:

They at entrance of Qingqiu and need someone from the bride side to invite (receive?) in? Is there something in chinese culture? We have it here in my country. Usually they need to pay also (gift money) to bride’s side, some sort of toll money. 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, They Sick said:

They at entrance of Qingqiu and need someone from the bride side to invite (receive?) in? Is there something in chinese culture? We have it here in my country. Usually they need to pay also (gift money) to bride’s side, some sort of toll money. 

I remembered when FJ came out, DH said her position to be the next queen was good enough [to receive them], then he walked in. So i guess yes, he was waiting for someone from the fox clan to welcome them in...

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Ep26 DH must have heard about the blind date banquet and the rumours about him bathing with his fairy at the hot spring. Are these the reasons why he has to openly tell at Qingyun Hall that FJ left her bracelet, hairpin, and pinning flower at the hot spring? :naughty:

So very DH, staking a claim on FJ because he's finding her interesting. Hahaha.

DH was openly laying claim on her from the get go, whether she was a fox or in human form!

I found that scene such a crack up. I think DH really enjoyed watching how FJ dug herself a hole and climb out of it. It does make me wonder how FJ managed to survive all these years without DH's supervision! I suppose FJ have this amazing ability to elicit protective responses from people around her.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

3 hours ago, Donghuadijun said:

And this made me realize how independent our DH is.. :lol:, its not necessary for Dongfeng to hire anyone, FJ can cook, and DH could prepare anything he wants.. Why need to hire maids? Well babysitters perhaps. 

True! I think FJ mentioned something like that in the book. How handy DH and can save alot of money. Lol and here I am thinking DH can probably use magic for most things anyway.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Awesome 1

28 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

DH should have had the clues already who she is when she told him he said she was a pet and he didn't ask her to stay when she left.

I know right!? I was feeling the same way when he didnt response to what she said...

My thought: at that point he might have had a hunch about her (i think he said that later on after 3rd prince told him in the bird valley) . But he only started to get interested in her and it was probably impolite to ask her, FJ the next queen of the famous fox clan, if she was his fox pet? I mean, he didnt know for sure, so if it was not true it could consider as an insult to her/the fox clan? Because at the time, to him, they have only just met. 

At the end of the day, she was the highness of the respectful fox clan. He didnt think he knew her before, let alone dare to think she would trade her tails to become a normal fox for him? then, nonchalantly asked "oh~ were u my pet?" to her face :sweatingbullets: (although i think DH character has the tendency to say all of this shamelessly , but i think he starts to like her at that point and be careful not to offend the fox clan)

Anyways, that is what i think, the author probably has another explanation for it in the book....:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Insightful 2

25 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

DH was openly laying claim on her from the get go, whether she was a fox or in human form!

I found that scene such a crack up. I think DH really enjoyed watching how FJ dug herself a hole and climb out of it. It does make me wonder how FJ managed to survive all these years without DH's supervision! I suppose FJ have this amazing ability to elicit protective responses from people around her.

Ep8 Bai Zhi Dijun said that too, that his granddaughter finds support without asking. I think it's part of FJ's charm. She can be naughty, but even her "victims" like Si Ming don't hold grudges against her. Even Cang Yi didn't get mad after she wrecked his place.

Now check Ep27 when FJ fell asleep again at the pavillion by her own lethargy formula. Watch DH's face after he said "no wonder God Bai Yi thinks about finding a really good man for you everyday." Watch how his demeanor subtly changed when he gave her a long, lingering look before turning her again to a handkerchief. :P

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, chsaf said:

On a side note, I watched the Candle in the Tomb: The Lost Caverns up to episode 6 now but Zhegu Shao (Vengo) still hasn't appeared. And the show seemed to start off quite slow too. 

Might need to rewatch ELOD (selected episodes) again :relieved:

Ooops, lol. Misread it and thought it was the first season. Anyway for the first season I

It is slow at first. I fast forward most of the episodes, and only watched bits with Vengo in it. His acting was really good. I am so glad he auditioned, won the part and consequently won an award for his acting. I read somewhere he did go through some rough patches before the role, because of all the negative feebdback he was receiving. 

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

That scene made me barf! Like EEEWWW! Whoever wrote the dialogue must not be happy when was asked to do so. It must be for revenge how something so cringe worthy script was used! :lol: 

@vivi0303 Ah, your mom is a super fan!

That sword dance is so amazing. Ep30 is one of the best episodes. Pitchfork if the sword dance got edited out, ahahahah!

Ep30 is absolutely beautiful. There was a swift in DH's thoughts on FJ after that episode.  Not only did he realise how protective, strong and brave FJ is. FJ showed DH that she isn't like the other girls around him  who are driven and blinded by emotions. FJ can be calm and analysis in critical situation.

Of course what I loved the most was when FJ and DH was lying next to each other. My gosh that was sugar overload.

Edited by ChibiLy
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

18 hours ago, chsaf said:

On a side note, I watched the Candle in the Tomb: The Lost Caverns up to episode 6 now but Zhegu Shao (Vengo) still hasn't appeared. And the show seemed to start off quite slow too. 

Might need to rewatch ELOD (selected episodes) again :relieved:

I heard in The Lost Caverns he has only special appearance? not the main lead like in Warth Of Time....

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

7 minutes ago, NVKN said:

I heard in The Lost Caverns he has only special appearance? not the main lead like in Warth Of Time....

:warning:

Hide contents

Also heard his character dies....so his appearance will be short....

Well back to watching EoLD!

I rewatched TMoPB last night. Oh that still brought on the water works. On the second rewatch, I am starting to understand DH's actions. I need to go back to EoLD to mend my heart.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

28 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@LovelyLady They should have shown his tears. I saw this BTS too before, and it made me cry more than in the episode. Actually, any time that DH cried would hurt.

Right. It's more heartbreaking because it showed he cares even if this Donghua didn't want to fight for them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@LovelyLady They should have shown his tears. I saw this BTS too before, and it made me cry more than in the episode. Actually, any time that DH cried would hurt.

It's like the fan vid. I can watch DH spit out blood hundreds of times, but he tears up and I just :bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

36 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I agree with you ladies. That would have made a even bigger emotional impact. The scene where FJ confronted DH in the abandoned house was heart breaking. DH had his back to her, he may have sounded fine but he was tearing up. DH in TMOPB loved FJ deeply. Sadly, I think only Si Ming realised how much DH did try and love FJ.

Vengo's acting have improved alot. He did well in TMOPB, but in ELoD, he was amazing. His facial expressions and body language were natural. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I agree with you ladies. That would have made a even bigger emotional impact. The scene where FJ confronted DH in the abandoned house was heart breaking. DH had his back to her, he may have sounded fine but his was tearing up. DH in TMOPB loved FJ deeply. Sadly, I think only Si Ming realised how much DH did try and love FJ.

Vengo's acting have improved alot. He did well in TMOPB, but in ELoD, he was amazing. His facial expressions and body language were natural. 

This is Ep46 in TMOPB. Si Ming would have an idea how he feels because DH himself asked him to write a story that would make them together in the mortal realm. DH even told Si Ming the excuse of wanting to experience the pain of mortals should others ask.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

This is Ep46 in TMOPB. Si Ming would have an idea how he feels because DH himself asked him to write a story that would make them together in the mortal realm. DH even told Si Ming the excuse of wanting to experience the pain of mortals should others ask.

I found it amusing how FJ was suppose to be in the mortal realm for a short time. This got extended to 12 years I think? 

In every situation, we know DH will always self sacrifice for FJ. Although DH and FJ in TMoPB was more fanfiction,  I felt they they did capture the overall essence of them. I enjoyed watching DH oppressing others by his presence and words alone. But I still prefer the Pillowbook DH and FJ.

I miss DH's poisonous tongue and shamelessness in TMoPB.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I found it amusing how FJ was suppose to be in the mortal realm for a short time. This got extended to 12 years I think? 

In every situation, we know DH will always self sacrifice for FJ. Although DH and FJ in TMoPB was more fanfiction,  I felt they they did capture the overall essence of them. I enjoyed watching DH oppressing others by his presence and words alone. But I still prefer the Pillowbook DH and FJ.

I misse DH's poisonous tongue and shamelessness in TMoPB.

Pillow book is their story. Naturally (in DH's tone, LMAO) we'll love them more when we really get to know DH and FJ's eternal love in all their three lives.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1