Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland WebDrama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

Where do you think Ep 48 will end at?   

36 members have voted

1. 1. Let' take a poll just for fun since we are waiting. Where do you think Ep 48 will end at?

• bing cang ceremony
    • DH and FJ leaving Fanyin Valley
    • Aranya's battle with the owl clan
    • DH and SMY peering into the Miaolu glass
    • Aranya in prison and talking to the mother

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 02/27/2020 at 03:30 PM

19 minutes ago, redfoxprincess said:

I’m not kidding!!! :joy:

Here’s a pic for comparison: https://ibb.co/jR3bPpH

LEFT is Peng Zisu , RIGHT is my son!!! :heart:

OMG your son is seriously adorable!!!

i wanna pinch his cheeks so much, and that lil rabbit teeth is too cute!!!

and so that is the movie ali? he is all round perfect hahaha

no wonder you guys are excited about the movie ali

hahaha

bai gungun was also described as rounder and cuter lil peas

although the drama version is not like that at all, i adore his lil little two side buns cause he does look like a sheep like that

but seeing pic of three of them together posted by @Sisca_TVXQ way up above, makes me want to see bai gun-gun with his hair down like his father too hahaha

but it's okay

either way, bai gungun is perfect anyway he is

hahaha

crap... this top post usually belongs to @Sisca_TVXQ 

what am i doing here? hahaha

i have nothing to contribute though

so sorry

:sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

49 minutes ago, redfoxprincess said:

Luo Jin is HOTTT but why oh why on earth did they dress this hundreds-of-thousand-years-old phoenix god like a bleepin’ MALE PEACOCK?!?! I mean, seriously... PHOENIX = PEACOCK?!?!?!?! :crazy::crazy::crazy:

LOL I dont even recognize him, after the movie I google the cast and when I found out zhe yan is Luo jin I was shocked :sweatingbullets:

Your son is cute :wub:, you're chinese ? I thought you're australian...

@chubby^green^

No, there is only Ye hua, Bai qian, Ah li, Su jin, Nai nai and Zhe yan.

Hahaha LOL its ok, I'll contribute in your stead 

dY2gn8S.jpg

N12Q3xx.jpg

Fo0bETH.jpg

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Yes mark's customes is ugly, the ugliest is the one that looks like crow custome from Game of Thrones LOL

But I've to say his acting is superb, the way he act out Ye hua and Mo yuan is really good, you can see the difference...

yes yes yes, he is seriously good in his acting

that's why i was attracted to him even though i have no clue about him hahaha

55 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

LOL I dont even recognize him, after the movie I google the cast and when I found out zhe yan is Luo jin I was shocked :sweatingbullets:

the first pic i saw movie zhe yan was the poster and i was like 'what happen to the clean shaven zhe yan that i know?' and then my 2nd thought was, 'what's with the ultra blue costume?' and then 'what's on his head?' the hair i mean

hahaha

luo jin is good looking in the pic i saw

why they do that to someone good looking?

i seriously have no idea

hahaha

55 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

@chubby^green^

No, there is only Ye hua, Bai qian, Ah li, Su jin, Nai nai and Zhe yan.

ah interesting

watched the trailer just now

hmm...

maybe after pillow book

i will watch the movie and also love 020

:tounge_xd:

btw @redfoxprincess just checked my e-mail

thank you so much

reading it now

^__^

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chubby^green^ said:

see! i didnt read the book

so i didnt know that ye hua was said to be the prettiest boy or ultimate pretty boy

i always thought he was the not so good looking, brooding guy but have grace and charisma just like in the drama

beside i always thought that bai zhen is the fairest of them all and i still think he is hahaha

Bai Zhen is like so pretty he looks like a girl (and might as well be a girl :joy:). Ye Hua is the ultimate pretty BOY - super duper handsome but NOT effeminate! Dong Hua is too. :) And Dong Hua’s supposed to look only 23. Vengo does portray a more mature Dong Hua but i like him too.

2 hours ago, chubby^green^ said:

OMG your son is seriously adorable!!!

i wanna pinch his cheeks so much, and that lil rabbit teeth is too cute!!!

Aww thankyou. He is 5 years old now. Still my adorable prince. And his little princess sister is 3 now. :heart: They keep me busy but i come on here to live my alternate life hahaha!

2 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Your son is cute :wub:, you're chinese ? I thought you're australian...

Thankyou! My background is Chinese. I was born in Australia and grew up in Australia and never left Australia LOL. What does that make me? :huh: Also - please explain, what is this ‘top post’ thing???

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

38 minutes ago, redfoxprincess said:

Thankyou! My background is Chinese. I was born in Australia and grew up in Australia and never left Australia LOL. What does that make me? :huh: Also - please explain, what is this ‘top post’ thing???

LOL I'm also a chinese descendant who was born and grew up in Indonesia and cant speak chinese, can you ?

In my era (I sound so old LOL) on several forums if you get the 'Top post' you have to share some goodies LOL. Its not a written rules or something, just something to make the page pretty I guess ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@redfoxprincess @chubby^green^ @Sisca_TVXQ

You guys are so entertainingly hilarious..Love all the posts..

@ForgottenSoulx20bil views?? finger-crossed for that and also a good/high rating.

@redfoxprincess

Ye Hua's hair??..Lol..it's remind me one of your old post....about...your husband says that Vengo's beard(in TMOPB) look like armpit hair or even worse hair from further down.....LMAO!!:joy:

P:S  Awwww..your son is so super cute!...adorable!:love:

• LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

@ForgottenSoulx20bil views?? finger-crossed for that and also a good/high rating.

@redfoxprincess

Ye Hua's tranny hair?? cringeworthy ..Lol..it's remind me one of your old post....about...your husband says that Vengo's beard(in TMOPB) look like armpit hair or even worse hair from further down.....LMAO!!:joy:

I think it's possible this drama is incredibly hyped. 

• Like 2

I agree with @chubby^green^! Mark Chao is the better Ye Hua, only because he’s a much better actor though. Yang Yang makes me love him anyway though just because he’s so darn pretty. I think he could’ve played an awesome Donghua because it’s sinilar to Xiao Nai from Love O2O, but the chemistry between Weiguang and Dilreba is too good!! As a fellow wearer of only black and sometimes looking like a swamp monster, I loved Mark’s costuming, crow outfit included. I want that coat LOL. What I didn’t like was his final episode outfit with the flowers. WTF man. Anyway, I love Yang Yang as much as the next person and he was perfect in Love O2O, but I felt that when he acts, he tries to maintain his prettiness so sometimes he doesn’t emote as much as I would like. He’s very good at the playful, flirty, cooler than everyone character, but I didn’t like his portrayal of an angsty Ye Hua. Also the movie was just all over the place in terms of plot so there’s also that. I like Mark’s ugly crying a lot, but didn’t love the hair down scenes. I think he actually looked better as Mo Yuan, but he portrayed such raw emotions as Ye Hua so I loved him anyway. 

Also not to be a downer, but the word “tranny” is very derogatory and hurtful to marginalized groups of people. I think we should avoid using it if possible as there are other words we can use that aren’t slurs. 

• Thanks 1

Aww. Love all the gifs. Is it weird that I think the one with red actually looks like Reba?

Regarding acting, I'm not worried at all. They already acted Eternal Love together and it was perfect. Vengo has to explore different personalities though, since he's playing more than just DongHua but let's have a little faith.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Really ? I thought they are perfect as Ye hua and Bai qian, my friend refuse to accept Mark as Ye hua because he's not as handsome as Yang yang LOL

@ftmhling

I bought them directly at malaysia or if you prefer online you could try ebay/yesasia. For books I think you better buy from Periplus, amazon's shipping cost is too expensive :sweatingbullets:

Btw, I accidently bought original Eternal love Dvd twice, if you're interested PM me ok ? 

Thanks. Pm’ed you:)

6 hours ago, aryamine said:

Aww. Love all the gifs. Is it weird that I think the one with red actually looks like Reba?

Regarding acting, I'm not worried at all. They already acted Eternal Love together and it was perfect. Vengo has to explore different personalities though, since he's playing more than just DongHua but let's have a little faith.

The one with red IS actually Fengjiu/Reba..

I believe in GuangRe(Vengo/Reba)..they will do well.

We already know how perfectly great they're together..

• Like 2

siming and fengjiu lor hahaha

i dunno what is this all about aside from dilraba looking nice and i almost didnt recognize siming (i need to learn his real name and stop calling him siming, hahaha)

not as unrecognizable as he is from "pretty lee hui zen" though

ah i want them to start promoting pillow book already (do webdrama get to do promotion too?)

but then again

its not like i can understand anything they talk but would be nice to see them all interact

hahaha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

LOL I'm also a chinese descendant who was born and grew up in Indonesia and cant speak chinese, can you ?

In my era (I sound so old LOL) on several forums if you get the 'Top post' you have to share some goodies LOL. Its not a written rules or something, just something to make the page pretty I guess ? 

I was obsessed with hong kong and taiwanese dramas most of my life, and more recently, chinese dramas. My family was traditional. So yes, fluent in speaking cantonese and mandarin. Reading is not so good though, and writing is abysmal haha. I have tried to read 10MPB & The Pillow Book in chinese, but only could manage to understand it because i read it in english first. :) Thanks for explaining the top post thingy ~ i will keep it in mind!

20 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

@redfoxprincess

..Lol..it's remind me one of your old post....about...your husband says that Vengo's beard(in TMOPB) look like armpit hair or even worse hair from further down.....LMAO!!:joy:

I look forward to your posts too! Love your sense of humour and how familiar you are with the details of the book! Yes... vengo’s beard... i couldn’t believe how different he looked as Dong Hua and the beardy Emperor! :crazy:

Haha thankyou - my cutie boy knows he’s cute and gets away with everything... :sweatingbullets:

12 hours ago, Lena Lu said:

I agree with @chubby^green^! Mark Chao is the better Ye Hua, only because he’s a much better actor though. Yang Yang makes me love him anyway though just because he’s so darn pretty. I think he could’ve played an awesome Donghua because it’s sinilar to Xiao Nai from Love O2O, but the chemistry between Weiguang and Dilreba is too good!! As a fellow wearer of only black and sometimes looking like a swamp monster, I loved Mark’s costuming, crow outfit included. I want that coat LOL. What I didn’t like was his final episode outfit with the flowers. WTF man. Anyway, I love Yang Yang as much as the next person and he was perfect in Love O2O, but I felt that when he acts, he tries to maintain his prettiness so sometimes he doesn’t emote as much as I would like. He’s very good at the playful, flirty, cooler than everyone character, but I didn’t like his portrayal of an angsty Ye Hua. Also the movie was just all over the place in terms of plot so there’s also that. I like Mark’s ugly crying a lot, but didn’t love the hair down scenes. I think he actually looked better as Mo Yuan, but he portrayed such raw emotions as Ye Hua so I loved him anyway. 

Also not to be a downer, but the word “tranny” is very derogatory and hurtful to marginalized groups of people. I think we should avoid using it if possible as there are other words we can use that aren’t slurs. 

Oh i LOVED SEXY shifu Mo Yuan!!! :wub: Sigh... but Ye Hua... no thanks. :D I know i know... i’m nuts... how can the same person give me such different feeeeeels?!?!

YES YES, that’s exactly my thoughts! Xiao Nai from Love O2O is modern-day Dong Hua! That’s why i couldn’t help but imagine him as Dong Hua. His game character outfit just needed white hair and voila! I’m all for my pretty boy Yang Yang, he’s my eye candy... :love: So i’m very ok with him maintaining his prettiness! :D

Mark’s acting felt overblown for me, especially considering how reserved the book described Ye Hua to be. But i know many appreciated his acting and portrayal of emotions. I felt he was a bit too theatrical for my liking, and maybe that’s why i liked Mo Yuan - oh, and his topknot!

Thanks for the kind reminder about my choice of term. I’m sorry if i offended or hurt anyone here. I meant no malice. I merely meant that Mark Chao’s long wig, when let down, made him look like a drag queen. Here in Australia, the term ‘tranny’ is mostly used interchangeably by the drag queen community and probably isn’t as sensitive as it is in other parts of the world - we love our drag queens. ‘Trans’ is more commonly used by the LGBTQIA community in general. I guess it’s all just part of life here, and i’m from Sydney - the home of Mardi Gras - and we are proud. :)

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Lena Lu said:

I agree with @chubby^green^! Mark Chao is the better Ye Hua, only because he’s a much better actor though.

yes, i actually find myself in tune with ye hua and responded with his display of emotion as ye hua, cant say much about mo yuan since he is quite stoic hahaha

that's why i think i adore mark chao's portray of ye hua, he nails the emotion part quite well

and aso i dont think his crying ugly, i find it very heartbreaking

15 hours ago, Lena Lu said:

As a fellow wearer of only black and sometimes looking like a swamp monster, I loved Mark’s costuming, crow outfit included. I want that coat LOL.

i like his attire as well

suited his somber mood in the drama

still think it looks like swamp monster since it sorta engulfed ye hua whole most of the time, and that guy is quite big himself hahaha

and i'm also sorry about the word 'tranny'

i dont think much about it before and was focused so much on his hair that i may overlooked how bad that word is

and i still find him and that gorgeous hair of his is sexy especially when he is bed

lor hahaha

7 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

I believe in GuangRe(Vengo/Reba)..they will do well.

We already know how perfectly great they're together..

i have faith in both of them too ^_^

they look great together and their chemistry together is amazing

even before they were dongfeng, they already felt perfect together

anyway any news abut the movie version of pillow book

i dont think i will be watching

i am quite loyal with my characters and since this is my chosen dongfeng kinda hard to have anyone else playing that part

but still

i am curious about whom will play dongeng in movie

maybe the movie donghua will look like 23 hahaha

23 hours ago, redfoxprincess said:

And Dong Hua’s supposed to look only 23. Vengo does portray a more mature Dong Hua but i like him too.

i dunno whether it is being influenced by watching vengo as donghua 

but i cant see donghua with the face of 23 years old hahaha

seems lacking in term of life experience that donghua had if he is too young in look and features

even when i read the book, i always felt even though donghua is young, he would still be brimming with life experiences and his devoid of emotion and i dunno how 23 year old would express that and still looking very young

so older donghua like in 26 above would be better for me than young donghua

weird i know

it's probably just me hahaha

1 hour ago, chubby^green^ said:

weird i know

Yes, i get what you mean. :) However, Yang Yang is 26, but Vengo is 35 and sometimes i feel he looks even older than that... i also read the book without the influence of Eternal Love’s Vengo in mind. I kind of imagined a bit of a Twilight vampire situation (hehe @jimmylyne) so young face but old soul. :D

1 hour ago, chubby^green^ said:

anyway any news abut the movie version of pillow book

i dont think i will be watching

i am quite loyal with my characters and since this is my chosen dongfeng kinda hard to have anyone else playing that part

Really? You’ve written it off already without knowing anything about it? :tears: Not going to even give it a chance? I’m passionate about the story and characters, not necessarily the celebrity actors. So i’m really looking forward to the film version too and seeing their take on it. It is still our beloved DongFeng. :wub: All adaptations are unique so there’s more to look forward to if you keep your options open.

• LOL 1

5 hours ago, chubby^green^ said:

i dunno whether it is being influenced by watching vengo as donghua 

but i cant see donghua with the face of 23 years old hahaha

seems lacking in term of life experience that donghua had if he is too young in look and features

even when i read the book, i always felt even though donghua is young, he would still be brimming with life experiences and his devoid of emotion and i dunno how 23 year old would express that and still looking very young

weird i know

Nope, I think so too, not because of Vengo but maybe I have a thing for older men LOL

I found Mo yuan sexier than Ye hua :sweatingbullets:

And from novel description Dong hua is really tall and maybe looks different from the the other immortals, like a different species if that make sense :sweatingbullets: 

So thats why I think Vengo is perfect, he is tall, and did not look chinese

Someone did mention about vic ? I dont think he could pass for Dong hua, first he is not very tall, and his face is to soft for me (Its his jawline I think)

And for Yang yang, I think he's too pretty to be Dong hua LOL and too young, I agree with @chubby^green^ young actors would seems lacking in life experiences...

• LOL 3

11 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

but maybe I have a thing for older men LOL

& I’m a cradle-snatcher... :w00t:

11 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Someone did mention about vic ? I dont think he could pass for Dong hua, first he is not very tall, and his face is to soft for me (Its his jawline I think)

Ok, in his defense, Vic is 180cm. That’s pretty tall for a chinese man, and that’s Mark Chao and Yang Yang’s height too. It’s just that our man Vengo is 191cm - he is not of this world! :rolleyes: And that’s one of many things that makes Vengo a ‘cut above the rest’ (pun intended) to be Dong Hua. Btw Vic has put on weight. He was so skinny and therefore a lot more chiselled around the jawline back in his heyday almost 2 decades ago (Meteor Garden, God Mars).

• LOL 2

12 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Nope, I think so too, not because of Vengo but maybe I have a thing for older men LOL

I found Mo yuan sexier than Ye hua 

At first when I watched TMOPB I thought it's was a love story between Bai Qian and Mo Yan ( l didn't read TMOPB book so I didn't know) so i was a little disappointed a bit that her fate was not with Mo Yan..but after that surprisingly I also like Ye Hua too.

@redfoxprincess cradle - snatcher?? My hubby was 4 yrs younger than me..does it mean I'm also a cradle snatcher lol.:lol:

Vengo 191cm 36yrs old . Reba 169cm 27yrs old(9 yrs different - I like their age gap tho). Their height difference was perfect and their attractiveness/beauty is perfect/matched.

Without a doubts. Vengo/Reba is a our perfect DongFeng ( pun intended):love:.

• LOL 2

20 hours ago, redfoxprincess said:

Yes, i get what you mean. :) However, Yang Yang is 26, but Vengo is 35 and sometimes i feel he looks even older than that... i also read the book without the influence of Eternal Love’s Vengo in mind. I kind of imagined a bit of a Twilight vampire situation (hehe @jimmylyne) so young face but old soul. :D

ah he is that old already

well not old as in old...

i mean he is at that age already wow

hahaha

no comment on twilight :P

20 hours ago, redfoxprincess said:

Really? You’ve written it off already without knowing anything about it? :tears: Not going to even give it a chance?

i'm the type that choose my actress first before i choose my drama

has been like that for my whole life , no matter what genre i always have one fav actress that i will follow to the end and i watched every single one of it, chinese, taiwanese, hokkien, hongkong (for sure, i grow up with tvb and atv dramas), thailand and many more

but i will wait for now and who knows maybe the casts would be to my liking 

but seeing how people keep saying once upon a time butchered the novel as in the story being compacted too much (not the casts)

i am a lil apprehensive about pillow book the movie too

since i enjoy a lil too much every bits of the book and to have it being chopped and skewed left and right wont be nice i think

16 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

I found Mo yuan sexier than Ye hua :sweatingbullets:

yup, the same

i prefered the chiseled aged face rather than the pretty youthful face

hahaha

Someone did mention about vic ?

that would be me i think

and when i mention vic i didnt think about his look or his height

his way of acting is always to act with his face and seeing how donghua usually doesn't say much only his face tells a thousand stories that's why i thought of vic, he is good at expressing emotion through his eyes and facial features

and also the fact i seriously dunno much about chinese actors hence my option is rather limited hahaha

6 hours ago, redfoxprincess said:

Ok, in his defense, Vic is 180cm. That’s pretty tall for a chinese man, and that’s Mark Chao and Yang Yang’s height too. It’s just that our man Vengo is 191cm - he is not of this world! 

i was about to say that vic is not that short, actually he is not short

just that our vengo is too tall, well actually he is tall hahaha

but damn 191 cm, like seriously

thank god dilraba is quite tall too

so they look good together

I agree with @chubby^green^ young actors would seems lacking in life experiences...

they need to go through a few heavenly trials first to come to at least bits of donghua's grace and charisma

hahaha

• LOL 1

7 hours ago, chubby^green^ said:

but seeing how people keep saying once upon a time butchered the novel as in the story being compacted too much (not the casts)

Hmm, I think they did a pretty good job, considering it’s an artistic film adaption with its own interpretation of the story, which means it wouldn’t have been reasonable anyway to expect that they flesh out the whole story like a drama, albeit in 1 hour & 40 minutes. In many ways, I thought the film was better than the drama - it felt a lot less soapy, its cinematography, CGI & SFX was amazing, the entire cast was truer to the book’s descriptions, Ah Li was super cute & chubby, and the simplified storyline made a lot of people’s wishes come true by:

Spoiler

1. Removing Li Jing so that Ye Hua is Bai Qian’s first love

2. Making Mo Yuan & Ye Hua the same person (not twins)

While it’s perfectly fine to have preferences, I think many of the ways people compare the drama & the film, then bash the film because they expect it to be like the drama rather than appreciating it for what it is, is not really fair. I hope you get to watch the film some time and enjoy it for what it is, because it’s really beautiful. Its storytelling wasn’t great because it left many people confused, but I also think that people didn’t really try to understand how it wanted to differentiate itself. The interesting consensus is that people who didn’t know the story before watching the film actually had no problem understanding it. It’s the people who expect it to be just like the drama who couldn’t interpret and appreciate it with a fresh and unbiased mind.

• Like 1