[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

6 minutes ago, Ninky said:

In show was from LS, in book ZY, he was the one who told FJ about him throwin ladies and a man out hahahah! The book and the show are now confusing me. Anyway re reading the actual book atm. I am at the chapter where she  turned into a hanky. 

In the series Ep1, ZY told FJ that story of DH throwing off lady demons out of his bed every night for years, until the night that it was a lad waiting to be "his disciple". Another scene that had me LMAO :lol:

In the book, I think it's also ZY when FJ asked for her homework. Something about the what's known and what's the actual story not being the same.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

@Megan Dong Hua likes to tease Feng Jiu.

In reality, he wanted to accompany her to wash her face because he cared for her and I guess wanted to tell Ji Heng that she can wait and Feng Jiu is more important. Feng Jiu being practical said that she can go alone without him. So, Feng Jiu initially asked him if he was worried she would fall into the water while washing her face (I didn't realise that she had been resting in bed for the last 2 days because celibate Dong Hua had exhausted her with tons of bed sport/activities ahem... you get the idea....when I first read the book, I thought she was tired from coming out of Aranya's dream...so maybe Dong Hua was worried that she was still tired out from all that...yes yes I know innocent me never realised what she was tired from till you gals in the forum enlightened me :naughty:).....

And knowing that Dong Hua likes to tease her, she suddenly thought what if Dong Hua sarcastically meant that he would accompany her  because she would scare away whatever was living in the lake where she was going to wash her face (maybe her appearance then was still shabby looking).

Hope that explanation helps.

This time too??? Bcs of DJ exploratory behaviour? 

I thought she was tired from Aranya’s dream. He’s being wicked. 

• Like 3
  • Naughty 2
  • LOL 5

@Ninky i was super intrigued by DH character Before and After he regained single - minded within the nine mental abiding.

TQ should finish this book first instead of LS and CY story.:)

Spoiler

SW pov in wind and rain chapter 

At that time, Donghua hated the compassion of Buddhism, but practiced Buddhism as well as understanding the internal situation of the enemy. On a certain day, he slayed the evil spirits in Xitian Brahma without fear, and the Buddha tried to persuade him to see him in a suffocated state. As a result, the two argued outside the Great Hall of the Hero for three days and three nights, and eventually the Buddha was defeated.

The Father God asked Donghua, "Why do you think you can surpass the Buddha?" He replied, "He thinks the best thing is worthless to me."

PB 1 page 183

He( zhonglin) was uneasy because Dijun was acting oddly today. From the Western Heavens, the Buddha came to visit Taichen Palace last night to discuss
scriptures with Dijun, but in reality they were discussing the Huiming
Realm's fate.

DH and the Buddha still in contact even  after millenniums,  both had regained single-minded.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

9 minutes ago, They Sick said:

It's mentioned there in the book that FJ has not been up early in the mornings as she used to in Fanyin Valley... ;)

She's also literally sleepwalking on the day they left.

• Like 1
  • Naughty 3
  • LOL 5

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

In the series Ep1, ZY told FJ that story of DH throwing off lady demons out of his bed every night for years, until the night that it was a lad waiting to be "his disciple". Another scene that had me LMAO :lol:

In the book, I think it's also ZY when FJ asked for her homework. Something about the what's known and what's the actual story not being the same.

PB 1 page 102 

Then came a night when finally no more female crawled into his bed. This
time it was a pair of painted brows and deep autumn eyes, a pretty boy.
He brought the lad to the door and promptly flung him out. The young
man wailed, “You carried all of them in your arms before throwing them
out. Why did you grab me by the neck instead? You’re not being fair. Not
being fair at all!”

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

11 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Yes it's best to wait for the 4th book as per Tang Qi's post. She did say there is more to DH than what the heresay implies. Father God was a huge influence for the ones that attended his school. Because Dh hung out so much with Shao Wan its better to see it through her eyes than ZY hahahaha! 

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

It's mentioned there in the book that FJ has not been up early in the mornings as she used to in Fanyin Valley... ;)

Yep he was just being Wicked. In fact that night after they got back they were already as per Feng Jiu's question.  "Thinking of doing something bad?"

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

5 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

She's also literally sleepwalking on the day they left.

Yeah what do you think they were doing at night? Talking? But talking isn't exhausting...:tounge_wink:

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

28 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I simply think it never did cross their minds that one day DH will father a child. Also because she hid for 200 years. After the shock, they will realise that she suffered a lot in the 200 years raising and giving birth to that kid by herself.

An immortal pregnancy is immortal 3 years. It's a long time....That shocked face Dong Hua was  priceless. I think at first the silver hair on the boy hadn't registered as caring for FJ is the priority.

But the moment he said he was his mother's son, his face LOL. I think that was the point that the silver hair sunk in real hard. Knew instantly that is his little boy.

Right, who would? With that kind of personality without even a slight change through out those long years. He doesn’t even have an ounce of interest with beautiful women, let alone do the deed hahaha... 

Oh true, DH thought nothing and no one could shock him anymore in his existence... when he learned that Xiao Bai was the fox and here was BGG, yes... that was unbeatable. :D

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

1 minute ago, Ninky said:

Yes it's best to wait for the 4th book as per Tang Qi's post. She did say there is more to DH than what the heresay implies. Father God was a huge influence for the ones that attended his school. Because Dh hung out so much with Shao Wan its better to see it through her eyes than ZY hahahaha! 

I can't tell you how excited I am for these books :wub: I wish there are book copies too of translated texts. I would be buying in an instant to add for my collections of series.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, They Sick said:

Me too hahahah omg I can't believe how i didn't got many of those things I must read the book again !!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

10 minutes ago, Megan said:

Technically since the pillow book says Dong Hua was born from the blue sea and not a rock, why do we still call him a rock?

Tang Qi's interview. She said Dong Hua was born from a rock at the Holy Blue Sea. BUT his TRUE form is NOT a ROCK! The rock was meant as a reference. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I can't tell you how excited I am for these books :wub: I wish there are book copies too of translated texts. I would be buying in an instant to add for my collections of series.

Yes, with hardcover. i collected all the harry potter  series. Would love to collect TQ's book also. 

On side note, i know we need some sort of relief hence we turn to fanfict. but a fair warning though, you'll get all the storyline mixed up. It happened to me and it sucks. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

7 minutes ago, They Sick said:

Yes, with hardcover. i collected all the harry potter  series. Would love to collect TQ's book also. 

On side note, i know we need some sort of relief hence we turn to fanfict. but a fair warning though, you'll get all the storyline mixed up. It happened to me and it sucks. 

Hmm, I very rarely checkout fan fictions, because it often veers from the actual story. I still prefer the author's works, and if the story stopped there, then it's only until there.

If you like reading about deities and immortals, Sherrilyn Kenyon's dark hunter books are a good read. If you are okay that you're sobbing while reading, V. C. Andrews. Not fantasy or anything, but her original books delve on how dark  and twisted can humans go. Her Dollanganger series still makes me cry.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Hmm, I very rarely checkout fan fictions, because it often veers from the actual story. I still prefer the author's works, and if the story stopped there, then it's only until there.

If you like reading about deities and immortals, Sherrilyn Kenyon's dark hunter books are a good read. If you are okay that you're sobbing while reading, V. C. Andrews. Not fantasy or anything, but her original books delve on how dark  and twisted can humans go. Her Dollanganger series still makes me cry.

Yeah that story from VC Andrews.. Shows the depth of human depravity. If you guys don't already know, Fifty Shades of Grey is based on a Twilight Fan Fic. So I am not too fond of Fan Fic due to veering off canon.

For English Fantasy I also read the books on the Shadowhunters.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Same here. A lot of FF focused on DHxFJ and I find that most often then not they were too OOC for me to enjoy. A lot of the fanfics pppped out after TMOPB due to their BE. And that created a market for HE FFs. I get upset when the written character deviates too much until they became almost unrecognizable.

ELoD is different because we see their growth. They did not suddenly fall hopelessly in love. Their story were so intricately written and their journey while heart breaking at times, makes the best HE.

If anyone is interested in similar genres, do check Novelupdates. A whole new world of English translated Chinese novels awaits you.

For a start I recommend San Sheng Wangchuan Wu Shang / San Sheng, Death Exists Not at the River of Oblivion / 三生,忘川无殇. It's a short read compared to 1000 chapters Xianxia and the FC is very cute and lovely. The MC can be oddly indifferent but you will enjoy their story.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Same here. A lot of FF focused on DHxFJ and I find that most often then not they were too OOC for me to enjoy. A lot of the fanfics pppped out after TMOPB due to their BE. And that created a market for HE FFs. I get upset when the written character deviates too much until they became almost unrecognizable.

ELoD is different because we see their growth. They did not suddenly fall hopelessly in love. Their story were so intricately written and their journey while heart breaking at times, makes the best HE.

If anyone is interested in similar genres, do check Novelupdates. A whole new world of English translated Chinese novels awaits you.

For a start I recommend San Sheng Wangchuan Wu Shang / San Sheng, Death Exists Not at the River of Oblivion / 三生,忘川无殇. It's a short read compared to 1000 chapters Xianxia and the FC is very cute and lovely. The MC can be oddly indifferent but you will enjoy their story.

That's part of why I don't really read FF in general.

• Like 4