[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

16 minutes ago, MCrisD2020 said:

yep, he used every tactic he could thought of just to make sure he gets FJ’s sweet love and attention. Who cares if he looks weak! What weak? :joy:

He's not weak at all. At the end despite the shaking hands from the poison, he can still wield a sword?!  And he hid his declining health from her so well. He's actually better than Ye Hua in that aspect! I totally love how in the end, she told him to please stop pushing her away. 

Technically, he was pushing her away by not telling her anything so finally being that honest, it was a refreshing change. I can see she matured a lot in the 200 years away from him. She was forced to grow up even more quickly having to care for a little boy.

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, Ninky said:

He's not weak at all. At the end despite the shaking hands from the poison, he can still wield a sword?!  And he hid his declining health from her so well. He's actually better than Ye Hua in that aspect! I totally love how in the end, she told him to please stop pushing her away. 

Technically, he was pushing her away by not telling her anything so finally being that honest, it was a refreshing change. I can see she matured a lot in the 200 years away from him. She was forced to grow up even more quickly having to care for a little boy.

Hahaha yes we know he’s not weak at all, its just his strategy. And in my opinion, that was brilliant. I think, DH has lived long enough and read too may buddhist scriptures ( and really understands it) that is why he has different view compared to Ye Hua. DH knows where and when it matters, and he knows more than others about sacrifices.

And on FJ, being a single mother, was not an easy task to take, thats when her maturity developed. And I liked it when she admitted that she misunderstood him time and time again. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, MCrisD2020 said:

That is what makes DH different to all the rest, his simplicity. He doesn’t need attention and praises from others. Why do you think he retired and seek seclusion after he united the realms? For him, the job has been done, all he had to do was guard it so no one will disrupt the peace he fought hard to achieve. 

When FJ stumbled in his life, that was a different story. He likes her and love to have her attention all the time, he actually craves it. Maybe that was the first time he wanted someone or something for himself, so he will do anything within his power to keep it. As i mentioned before, he loves her so openly and and shamelessly, nothing matters but FJ. :P

Very good point especially on the first time he ever wanted someone / something for himself. As someone who was born from the heavens, I think he has this duty to protect the world and people see him as their hero rescuer. So when the time comes for him to put himself first, that's exactly what he did. Love openly without holding back.

3 hours ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

I think he understood why fengjiu was treating him like that , he must have thinking how innocent and generous  is fengjiu, always trying to do things for him like no one have evere done before and since he love to be pampered by her  he just let her  be 

You put it nicely, just let her be! DH wanted FJ to be herself and he never stop her from anything..except stealing the Pimpo fruit, only because he was jealous. Seeing how happy FJ was pampering him during the Maiden Festival, he just had to let her be.

3 hours ago, vivi0303 said:

@Yori Ten

What a great point. We don't really get to see a lot of POVs from DH.

I think he started off their first date with such grand plans of romancing FJ, but you know what they say about best laid plans.:sweat_smile: He probably read all about dating 101 from one of the millions of books he's read over the millennia.

It was probably one part novel to him, to have someone treat him so sincerely and wanting to give him something that he had already openly confessed to not receiving. The other part, he let it go on and played along because it really did bring so much joy to FJ pampering him and mothering him. He even went along with being treated like he had an IQ of a child at times.

Most of all, this is all new to him, being pampered/mothered, and going on a date. Something so mundane, and yet a long time coming for our DH. He most likely thought it was easier to let FJ lead the way.

Haha, yes, his first date plan was awesome! He even gave her a token of love. You can see him leading the date in the beginning and then it turned out differently. Our FJ is really a genius! 

2 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

@Yori Ten

DH never experienced motherly love. I assume that is the first time he was pampered like a child. He appeared to thoroughly enjoy FJ's attention. For him, he probably didn't care what motivated FJ to treat him like that, as long as it's affection from FJ. 

Most guys may find it werid to be treated like that. That is because they have a need to act and behave like a 'man' as society dictates. Whereas DH is confident in his self identity, and does not care how others think of him. 

Most importantly, no one ever thought of DH and his needs. Partly because he never let others in to his private world. But FJ, she was probably first to recognized his needs and wants, and considered things from DH's POV in a deeper level. This started in the cave scene,  when FJ declared it's okay for him to want sweets. I don't think DH even thought of what he had missed out himself. It may seem like nothing, but for DH, it must be an amazing feeling to know that FJ recognizes this and wants to make sure he gets to experience it.

The scene is rather sweet, now that I reflect back on it. FJ pampered DH because she wants him to be happy and is super happy seeing him happy. DH is happy because FJ is showering him with love and affection. Plus, I think he gets alot of joy to see FJ happy too. 

Thanks for sharing this! I can't agree more with having FJ into his private thoughts and private world! He totally shed the image of a high deity and allowed himself to be pampered by FJ. This is the one most important point in the discussion I mentioned earlier. 

2 hours ago, Zelnk said:

@Yori Ten  I think DJ is just so happy as long as he see that his FJ is happy.  I think anything FJ does makes DJ happy (except leaving him).  As long as FJ is there and happy, DJ is content.

Yes indeed, loving someone is being happy when the one you love is happy! 

1 hour ago, daydreamer77 said:

I like that in the drama we can hear Dijun's thoughts and pov. I think a major turning point is at the end of ep 30.  I think he had an epiphany there.  I think that's the first time we heard one of his deep thoughts.  

I'm trying to put myself in his shoes.

Dijun didn't have a family so I'm pretty sure he hasn't experienced being taken care of or being showered with affection.  Yes, he did have friends while growing up but it's not quite the same.

Having lived for thousand of years, most revered him and are even afraid of him.  None probably thought he needs anyone or anything.  I highly doubt they showed care as genuinely as Fengjiu does.  So, for the first time he's experiencing how it is to be 'loved' without any strings attached.  And je probably realized how starved he is of affection and likes the feeling.  Let's be honest, he's milking the situation because he knows his Xiaobai loves showering him with love and affection :D.  

And let's face it, everything is so much sweeter when you're getting pampered by someone who loves you and someone you love.  It can't get any better than that.  

For the record,  this is the longest I've written on any discussion board and on a more serious note too.  :joy::joy:. I'm not used to it :joy::joy:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Love reading your post. Nothing feels like when someone genuinely cares and loves you. Perhaps this is the feeling that DH never gets to experience before. With FJ, all these strange emotions just came pouring in like the rain.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

@Yori Ten

DH's POV: "So this is how being pampered is like!"

DH might be thinking how much he had missed as a child growing on his own at Bihai Cangling. Not only that, he's probably comparing the way FJ cares for him to how Zhi He's parents looked after him. FJ treated him as someone who should have some happy magic of childhood no matter who he is. Whereas his adoptive parents might have taken him in for the sake of deference on what he is capable of.

DH might have felt that with FJ, he can have some freedom and be as carefree as possible. That might also be the reason why his wedding promise for her to the elders of Qing Qiu, is also freedom to be as she wishes.

Sorry, your post didn't show up while multi quoting. I am really glad that FJ showed him what he had missed in his childhood. And he reciprocated with such enthusiasm that it really warms the heart to watch. 

I hope I didn't missed anyone else. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:
  Hide contents

Many just want to have that kiss they want to view on repeat :lol:

@Yori Ten It's the favourite topic, and will always be where DH and FJ...er, Vengo and Reba are concerned :P 

Of course! Who doesn’t?! I, myself would like to keep one and when watching other frustrating drama, there is something I could watch in order to pacify me. (Really, now... :naughty:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

9 minutes ago, MCrisD2020 said:

Of course! Who doesn’t?! I, myself would like to keep one and when watching other frustrating drama, there is something I could watch in order to pacify me. (Really, now... :naughty:

Move on? Let it go?

What are those? Never heard of it! 

DH mode ON.

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

2 hours ago, Ninky said:

I was rewatching the episode where Xie Gu Chou, showed up to tell FJ it's time to transfer cultivation. After DH said no, he couldn't wait to make himself scarce. I can see most people are goddamn scared of him.

So funny that he is very gentle to his wife ONLY! You can see the difference like night and day LOL!

Anyway third time watching the show WHILE working on translations and artwork, I can still cry through episode 53-56 DAMN! Imagine the show can still make me cry despite me being distracted and working on ELOD blog stuff...

Seriously, the passion and the love and the chemistry.

Oh, thank heavens, I’m not the only one! 

Darn, been trying to watch other dramas for the past few days, I can not even finish 3 episodes. Be it a modern or costume drama! True, the chemistry/ love/ passion, its all there. They got it right with DH and FJ. 

Also, my problem is, I can’t help but compare them to DH - his looks, his regal countenance, his expression, his elegance! It keeps popping on my mind! Argh! This is a sign that I really got it bad in this drama. 

Kudos really to Vengo he nailed it with DH’s character. Thank God for little mercies as I have not reached the point of carrying him into my dreams just yet. Hahahaha :naughty:

So i think, theres no moving on with ELOD anytime sooner... 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

32 minutes ago, MCrisD2020 said:

Hahaha yes we know he’s not weak at all, its just his strategy. And in my opinion, that was brilliant. I think, DH has lived long enough and read too may buddhist scriptures ( and really understands it) that is why he has different view compared to Ye Hua. DH knows where and when it matters, and he knows more than others about sacrifices.

And on FJ, being a single mother, was not an easy task to take, thats when her maturity developed. And I liked it when she admitted that she misunderstood him time and time again. 

Honestly, I love the way DH sees the world. It is never about himself. It has been all about others. As @Yori Ten said in her above post. When the time came for him to put himself  first, he did love her openly for the world to see and never held back. At first he openly showed his love without realising he is in love and later when totally committed.

DH has seen more than a fair share of sacrifices. this is very true. He has seen how the other ancient gods have sacrificed themselves for the greater good, e.g.

Spoiler

Mo Yuan and the bell, his own best friend Shao Wan (currently in deep sleep) and 2 other Era of desolation gods (both are also in a long sleep currently).

Like when Jie Lu told YCW in the show, she said YCW is the ONLY person in Fan Yin Valley who cannot see that the two of them are in love. This was at the time when DH did not even realise that he was truly in love. But everyone else can see it (except for silly YCW). Also there was a turning point when he did realise what he was doing but she was clueless! :tounge_wink:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 2

4 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Move on? Let it go?

What are those? Never heard of it! 

DH mode ON.

@Yori Ten with all the new exciting 3L3W universe stories coming out from Tang Qi, we will NEVER move on! Plus all the cameo appearances of our favourite couple in those upcoming books!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

31 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Sorry, your post didn't show up while multi quoting. I am really glad that FJ showed him what he had missed in his childhood. And he reciprocated with such enthusiasm that it really warms the heart to watch. 

I hope I didn't missed anyone else. :sweatingbullets:

It was like FJ totally understood DH and tried to shower him with "motherly" love. She had grown up in a family full of love for each other. He totally loved it! I believe he will be well loved by the rest of Feng Jiu's family after they found out what really happened after his wedding disappearance. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

@MCrisD2020 You got poisoned. We don't blame you. Dong Hua Di Jun poisoning is not only hazardous to your own mental and physical health but also to those around you. We are not much help here for we all are deeply on the same boat. Tell you what though, if you stop coming here, it might help relief your symptoms. Your call...:warning:

@Ninky IKR! What a wonderful world TQ has created for all of us. We get so lost in her myriad of story telling that pulling oneself out is almost impossible. This will go one forever and ever and I wouldn't want it any other way. :heart:

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

On 2/10/2020 at 8:40 AM, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Yes he will :phew:

Hide contents

He give Taichen palace to YQT and told him not to see Fengjiu again forever :D

Hello. Um...how did you get the second part of that?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

@MCrisD2020 You got poisoned. We don't blame you. Dong Hua Di Jun poisoning is not only hazardous to your own mental and physical health but also to those around you. We are not much help here for we all are deeply on the same boat. Tell you what though, if you stop coming here, it might help relief your symptoms. Your call...:warning:

@Ninky IKR! What a wonderful world TQ has created for all of us. We get so lost in her myriad of story telling that pulling oneself out is almost impossible. This will go one forever and ever and I wouldn't want it any other way. :heart:

@ Yori Ten Oh, I tried! Been there, done that... Haven’t you noticed I was MIA the past few days? But the temptation... :naughty:

Hmmm... can I also claim that I was infected by Master Serpent’s poison as DH was? :naughty:

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

29 minutes ago, Ninky said:

It was like FJ totally understood DH and tried to shower him with "motherly" love. She had grown up in a family full of love for each other. He totally loved it! I believe he will be well loved by the rest of Feng Jiu's family after they found out what really happened after his wedding disappearance. 

Say, would love your insight on this. TQ never really explain DH's background aside from his mysterious birth and rise in immortal ranks to.uniting the world. LS  said he did it all through brains, blood and sweat. Unlike YH or MY who both had great mentors.

So my question is, where did this innate sense of justice and savior of his come from? He grew up in quite a hostile environment, always been bullied and he was all alone in Binghai Canglin. A lot of times, heroism sprang from wanting to right the wrong. But because he was a social recluse, his moral compass could have been very different. So, it kinda intriqued me what made him the DH that we know and how has he chosen his path.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 3

20 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Honestly, I love the way DH sees the world. It is never about himself. It has been all about others. As @Yori Ten said in her above post. When the time came for him to put himself  first, he did love her openly for the world to see and never held back. At first he openly showed his love without realising he is in love and later when totally committed.

DH has seen more than a fair share of sacrifices. this is very true. He has seen how the other ancient gods have sacrificed themselves for the greater good, e.g.

Reveal hidden contents

Mo Yuan and the bell, his own best friend Shao Wan (currently in deep sleep) and 2 other Era of desolation gods (both are also in a long sleep currently).

Like when Jie Lu told YCW in the show, she said YCW is the ONLY person in Fan Yin Valley who cannot see that the two of them are in love. This was at the time when DH did not even realise that he was truly in love. But everyone else can see it (except for silly YCW). Also there was a turning point when he did realise what he was doing but she was clueless! :tounge_wink:

Yes, when it became clear to him,  DH went into the relationship without hesitation, no holds barred. Be it being weak, jealous, shameless, anything for the FJ. But still, even through that, he still did not forget his responsibility to world, even to Ji Heng (If only he explained everything to FJ).

On FJ being clueless, oh yeah, she was... maybe because she thought, what she wanted did not happen 2000 years ago, what can be the difference now. Also, when you add Xiao Yan’s ‘genius’ advise.... hayssss. So i think she really was bound to be clueless hahahaha :joy:

• Like 7

Guys I felt we miss so many things! Because of Covid-19 , theirs no promotion together, no varieties show, leak picture that they get together haysss... I felt that’s unfair. We all want to see this drama for so long.. My mind just blow and feel sad, Maybe it’s better if this drama aired at the end of 2019 so they not going to rush this drama... just felt sad and Angry!!

i just don’t get it out of all dramas why this! Why ELOD :bawling: Why 01.22.2020! Why! :bawling:

sorry guys I’m just so mad, I feel theirs something wronged, unfair. I don’t know where the things got wrong or who is wrong. (Sign)

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

Say, would love your insight on this. TQ never really explain DH's background aside from his mysterious birth and rise in immortal ranks to.uniting the world. LS  said he did it all through brains, blood and sweat. Unlike YH or MY who both had great mentors.

So my question is, where did this innate sense of justice and savior of his come from? He grew up in quite a hostile environment, always been bullied and he was all alone in Binghai Canglin. A lot of times, heroism sprang from wanting to right the wrong. But because he was a social recluse, his moral compass could have been very different. So, it kinda intriqued me what made him the DH that we know and how has he chosen his path.

@Yori Ten Actually, the person he did admire the most is Father God himself. He treated Father God almost like his own Father having grown up with no parents. According to an old post by TQ long long time ago, Father God is a very upright and caring immortal and he raised his own son (his son is Mo Yuan, he has a very strong moral compass) as such. That's the reason why he started the school. Father God once told Dong Hua that he is neither God nor Demon and he can choose to be either one. 

Admiring Father God, he decided to attend school at Shui Zhao Zhe and actually chose to be an immortal. He is able to use abilities from both the Gods and the Demons. Outwardly nonchalant, cold and constantly getting into fights but underneath that exterior, Father God knew he was a young immortal of great passion and love deep down inside.

So Father God spent a lot of time with Dong Hua, teaching him many things. These include not just skills but the ability to think and taught him many moral lessons. So this is Dong Hua's backstory. His empathy grew over time as he learnt more about the struggle between good and evil through the ages. Also Father God knew that it was dangerous if Dong Hua decided to walk the path of the demons. So he decided to guide his moral compass. 

I don't want to say more as this will spoil Bodhi Fate for you. :naughty: You will find out more from Shao Wan's eyes later. How he became the lord of all realms. The above is open information through the years from TQ herself.

• Like 6
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 5
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I think they already do, when Bai Yi accepted the Biyinao clan to settle in Qing Qiu after that battle of DH and FJ against ML. He won't be all smiles with Chong Lin if he didn't. Bai Zhen and Zhe Yan must have given the details to the rest of the family. I'll bet they also cried too like we did. :) One more thing, there's also BGG. Whatever frosty feelings they have will melt when they see how DH adore BGG, and FJ of course, to whom he literally gave half his heart.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1