[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

@Yori Ten

What a great point. We don't really get to see a lot of POVs from DH.

I think he started off their first date with such grand plans of romancing FJ, but you know what they say about best laid plans.:sweat_smile: He probably read all about dating 101 from one of the millions of books he's read over the millennia.

It was probably one part novel to him, to have someone treat him so sincerely and wanting to give him something that he had already openly confessed to not receiving. The other part, he let it go on and played along because it really did bring so much joy to FJ pampering him and mothering him. He even went along with being treated like he had an IQ of a child at times.

Most of all, this is all new to him, being pampered/mothered, and going on a date. Something so mundane, and yet a long time coming for our DH. He most likely thought it was easier to let FJ lead the way.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

@Yori Ten

DH never experienced motherly love. I assume that is the first time he was pampered like a child. He appeared to thoroughly enjoy FJ's attention. For him, he probably didn't care what motivated FJ to treat him like that, as long as it's affection from FJ. 

Most guys may find it werid to be treated like that. That is because they have a need to act and behave like a 'man' as society dictates. Whereas DH is confident in his self identity, and does not care how others think of him. 

Most importantly, no one ever thought of DH and his needs. Partly because he never let others in to his private world. But FJ, she was probably first to recognized his needs and wants, and considered things from DH's POV in a deeper level. This started in the cave scene,  when FJ declared it's okay for him to want sweets. I don't think DH even thought of what he had missed out himself. It may seem like nothing, but for DH, it must be an amazing feeling to know that FJ recognizes this and wants to make sure he gets to experience it.

The scene is rather sweet, now that I reflect back on it. FJ pampered DH because she wants him to be happy and is super happy seeing him happy. DH is happy because FJ is showering him with love and affection. Plus, I think he gets alot of joy to see FJ happy too. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 2

2 hours ago, Ninky said:

Well, even the radio show skipped this part. Anyway, DH/XZ said she missed an important part of the process. He said don't know what book she read, but it was missing pages. Then he mentioned he needed to go switch the bodies back. I think he got blippin turned on. 

I think he knows what's in the missing pages :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

4 hours ago, Zelnk said:

For closure sake, whats done is done, they don't want a steamy kiss, proper consummation scene,  more kisses as in the novel, then FOINE! :D

I agree we will never know who and why.... We must accept it and  let it go  their sweet scenes let me the impression that  fengjiu and donghua really love each other and will last forever 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

I agree we will never know who and why.... We must accept it and  let it go  their sweet scenes let me the impression that  fengjiu and donghua really love each other and will last forever 

Yeah, thank their acting and chemistry for that.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

Quoted from daily calls with my mother. "That DJ is really slow and doesn't THINK very often, how like a man" (in reference to FJ's drunk scene, how she called him DH and scolded him for calling her a pet and not asking her to stay) :joy::sweat_smile:  Also, mother has been hinting about repainting some rooms during the lockdown, but father has not been getting the subtle hints and color wheels all around their house. Oh, father in trouble now. I vote for a lavender library. (I'm calling it the DHDJ study) :joy::heart:

eddie-lee-purple-library-1510691866.jpg

• Like 6
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

I was rewatching the episode where Xie Gu Chou, showed up to tell FJ it's time to transfer cultivation. After DH said no, he couldn't wait to make himself scarce. I can see most people are goddamn scared of him.

So funny that he is very gentle to his wife ONLY! You can see the difference like night and day LOL!

Anyway third time watching the show WHILE working on translations and artwork, I can still cry through episode 53-56 DAMN! Imagine the show can still make me cry despite me being distracted and working on ELOD blog stuff...

Seriously, the passion and the love and the chemistry.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

Have you thought about DH's POV. What was he thinking and why he reacted in that particular way? I would love to read your thoughts.

I like that in the drama we can hear Dijun's thoughts and pov. I think a major turning point is at the end of ep 30.  I think he had an epiphany there.  I think that's the first time we heard one of his deep thoughts.  

I'm trying to put myself in his shoes.

Dijun didn't have a family so I'm pretty sure he hasn't experienced being taken care of or being showered with affection.  Yes, he did have friends while growing up but it's not quite the same.

Having lived for thousand of years, most revered him and are even afraid of him.  None probably thought he needs anyone or anything.  I highly doubt they showed care as genuinely as Fengjiu does.  So, for the first time he's experiencing how it is to be 'loved' without any strings attached.  And je probably realized how starved he is of affection and likes the feeling.  Let's be honest, he's milking the situation because he knows his Xiaobai loves showering him with love and affection :D.  

And let's face it, everything is so much sweeter when you're getting pampered by someone who loves you and someone you love.  It can't get any better than that.  

For the record,  this is the longest I've written on any discussion board and on a more serious note too.  :joy::joy:. I'm not used to it :joy::joy:

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

34 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

@vivi0303your mom is right. During this scene, I was like Donghua do the math. There was a misconception, it was a bit hard for him to do it. So, I let it pass. If they were smart, there is no drama lol.

True! If everyone is sensible,  it will be a short series :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

53 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

@Yori Ten  I think DJ is just so happy as long as he see that his FJ is happy.  I think anything FJ does makes DJ happy (except leaving him).  As long as FJ is there and happy, DJ is content.

Remember, all three versions of him cannot live without her. The words she said to him on meeting him right after 200 years hurt him so much. I can hear the remaining portion of his heart break :cold_sweat:.

• Like 2
  • Sad 10
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, daydreamer77 said:

I like that in the drama we can hear Dijun's thoughts and pov. I think a major turning point is at the end of ep 30.  I think he had an epiphany there.  I think that's the first time we heard one of his deep thoughts.  

Dijun didn't have a family so I'm pretty sure he hasn't experienced being taken care of or being showered with affection.  Yes, he did have friends while growing up but it's not quite the same.

Having lived for thousand of years, most revered him and are even afraid of him.  None probably thought he needs anyone or anything.  I highly doubt they showed care as genuinely as Fengjiu does.  So, for the first time he's experiencing how it is to be 'loved' without any strings attached.  And je probably realized how starved he is of affection and likes the feeling.  Let's be honest, he's milking the situation because he knows his Xiaobai loves showering him with love and affection :D.  

And let's face it, everything is so much sweeter when you're getting pampered by someone who loves you and someone you love.  It can't get any better than that.  

For the record,  this is the longest I've written on any discussion board and on a more serious note too.  :joy::joy:. I'm not used to it :joy::joy:

@daydreamer77 Because no one cared for him this much before, he was completely touched by what she had done. That's why after he found out all the sacrifices she had made for him, he was totally on board the relationship straight away. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Remember, all three versions of him cannot live without her. The words she said to him on meeting him right after 200 years hurt him so much. I can hear the remaining portion of his heart break :cold_sweat:.

When DH and FJ was looking at her wedding gown, He did say it out loud too, how he was the one that cannot love without her :tears:

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

57 minutes ago, daydreamer77 said:

yep, he used every tactic he could thought of just to make sure he gets FJ’s sweet love and attention. Who cares if he looks weak! What weak? :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 7