[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

On 1/7/2019 at 1:38 AM, jimmylyne said:

@redfoxprincess

Wow!! you must be a genius..can memorize everything in the book..accurately with just one time reading..I have to read it and re-read it again and again in order to understand/ memorize it better:thumbsup:.and I always looking forward to your opinions/answers..every time...if there's any query from others.:D

Aw you’re so kind & funny! :heart: I’m certainly far from being a genius, but my problem is i remember books i like really, really well - which is exactly why i forbid myself from re-reading Pillow Book for 2 years (evidently, it’s still not long enough because i can still regurgitate so much <_<). It’s only fun to me the first time. So i need to wait long enough for my memory to clear so that it feels like first time again. I wish i had good memory and knowledge for something more useful... then i wouldn’t have failed every single maths test/exam in my entire life! :weary:

@Sisca_TVXQ

I LOVE the first pic with Feng Jiu dancing and Dong Hua playing the harp! :wub: Thanks for always finding sweet things to share here!

@Leslie Mtz C

Thanks for that update on our little sticky rice ball! I’m still a bit weirded out that a girl is playing Ah Li. :huh: It’s just not the same. I don’t expect them to bring back Hummer Zhang, but surely a BOY can’t be too much to ask!

• Like 3

@chubby^green^

Yes, thats why I always buy Original Dvds when I go to malaysia. It comes with english subtitle and cheap too ! 

In my country (Indonesia) Asian drama always get dubbed when aired on local channel and its really hard to get Asian drama Original Dvds with english subtitle here :sweatingbullets:

Thats the problem with kid actor/actress, they grow up really fast, he's really tall now so they can't use him anymore. Btw, I prefer Ah li in movie version because he fit the description, chubby and round :P

@redfoxprincess @jimmylyne

You're welcome, thanks for sharing that songs too, cant stop listening it now LOL

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Btw, I prefer Ah li in movie version because he fit the description, chubby and round :P

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!!!!!!!!! :wub: It’s also because Ah Li in the movie looks EXACTLY LIKE MY (then) 3-YEAR OLD SON so it was really funny & special watching him! :D

Actually, long before any of this, Liu Yifei & Yang Yang were the Feng Jiu & Dong Hua in my imagination when i read The Pillow Book. It was like a SEMI-dream-come-true in Once Upon a Time watching them play Bai Qian & Ye Hua - like YAY but also wrong couple hahaha! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

40 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

@chubby^green^

Yes, thats why I always buy Original Dvds when I go to malaysia. It comes with english subtitle and cheap too ! 

In my country (Indonesia) Asian drama always get dubbed when aired on local channel and its really hard to get Asian drama Original Dvds with english subtitle here :sweatingbullets:

Thats the problem with kid actor/actress, they grow up really fast, he's really tall now so they can't use him anymore. Btw, I prefer Ah li in movie version because he fit the description, chubby and round :P

@redfoxprincess @jimmylyne

You're welcome, thanks for sharing that songs too, cant stop listening it now LOL

Agree that hard to find the ori dvd in indonesia. I lived in medan (north sumatra) which totally only pirate dvd available hehe

so i mostly order books n ori dvd from amazon. Expensive in shipping cost of course:(

pls let me know where i can buy the dvd ori in malaysia.

also...

anybody know where i can buy the pillow book (dongfeng) novel in english translation? Pls info me

amazon now only available in chinesse lang edition

Edited by ftmhling
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, redfoxprincess said:

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!!!!!!!!! :wub: It’s also because Ah Li in the movie looks EXACTLY LIKE MY (then) 3-YEAR OLD SON so it was really funny & special watching him! :D

Actually, long before any of this, Liu Yifei & Yang Yang were the Feng Jiu & Dong Hua in my imagination when i read The Pillow Book. It was like a SEMI-dream-come-true in Once Upon a Time watching them play Bai Qian & Ye Hua - like YAY but also wrong couple hahaha! :sweatingbullets:

Really ? I thought they are perfect as Ye hua and Bai qian, my friend refuse to accept Mark as Ye hua because he's not as handsome as Yang yang LOL

@ftmhling

I bought them directly at malaysia or if you prefer online you could try ebay/yesasia. For books I think you better buy from Periplus, amazon's shipping cost is too expensive :sweatingbullets:

Btw, I accidently bought original Eternal love Dvd twice, if you're interested PM me ok ? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, redfoxprincess said:

oh my, your son must be seriously adorable hahaha

tried to watch the movie version of eternal love

tried is the key words

although have to say bai qian movie version is seriously far way prettier than the drama version

i just find unfamiliar with movie's ye hua

i guess i am still hung up over mark chaoi's ye hua

honestly i dont really like the love story between bai qian and ye hua, it doesn't click to me much

what got me going watching the drama was because of ye hua's character

so for the movie version...

i was like er... no thanks, maybe someday

though now i am thinking maybe i should watch for a-li's sake

he must be a real deal in movie version for you guys to get excited about

hahaha

24 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

my friend refuse to accept Mark as Ye hua because he's not as handsome as Yang yang LOL

lor isnt this the exact opposite of me :P

i always thought the guy playing ye hua in movie version is too pretty to be the tall brooding ye hua i know (especially when he got into his dark black cape, robe, clothing) like a swamp monster :tounge_xd:

the impact of drama's ye hua is too much on me

hahaha

and seeing what @redfoxprincess said below v i guess i'm the only who prefer mark chao's ye hua

maybe because i am not influenced by the book since i didn't read it, so that ye hua is the only one i know

hahaha

:sweatingbullets:

1 hour ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

@chubby^green^

Yes, thats why I always buy Original Dvds when I go to malaysia. It comes with english subtitle and cheap too

hahaha, same here when i go to kl, i will always visit the dvd shop just to buy the new stuffs there

i am a crazy old TVB dramas collector 

and these days they even have so many chinese drama on dvd instead of just hk or taiwanese drama

although the old ones is not being subbed, which is a pity

:)

but still happy

when i watched dongfeng drama version

i thought that donghua's nickname for fengjiu was always jiu er

kinda cute and adorable, same with bai qian is being called qian qian

but when i read the book and i realised that his real petname for her was xiao bai

and jiu er was actually family nick's to her

i thought to myself, oh my, that is even way cuter

so now i am preparing myself and my heart to hear donghua called her xiao bai for the first time in drama and squeal my heart out

hahaha

51 minutes ago, ftmhling said:

pls let me know where i can buy the dvd ori in malaysia.

my fav place would be speedy shop in midvalley mega mall (can i say it like this here?)

if not pls tell i will delete ^_^'

it has vast range of dvd and some cds i think

and the price is not that expensive

• LOL 1

30 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Really ? I thought they are perfect as Ye hua and Bai qian, my friend refuse to accept Mark as Ye hua because he's not as handsome as Yang yang LOL

They were perfect as BQ & YH!!! They both have perfect faces, beautiful celestial aura & i’ve loved them both individually for years! I just think they would have made just as perfect a Feng Jiu & Dong Hua couple - just as i had imagined, though it’ll never happen. :wub: But i’m not complaining - Reba & Vengo reprising their roles was the best thing of 2018!!! Actually, Liu Yuxin & Jiro Wang NOT being FJ & DH was equally the best thing of 2018!!! :joy: Also looking forward to seeing who will star in the film! OH AND I AGREE WITH YOUR FRIEND - MARK CHAO REUINED YE HUA FOR ME... lost count of how many times i burst out laughing at his tranny hair and ugly crying face! :joy:

• LOL 4

15 minutes ago, chubby^green^ said:

i always thought the guy playing ye hua in movie version is too pretty to be the tall brooding ye hua i know (especially when he got into his dark black cape, robe, clothing) like a swamp monster :tounge_xd:

OMG MARK CHAO IS THE SWAMP MONSTER!!! He is sooo yuck hahaha! :crazy: His costumes in Eternal Love were DISGUSTING!!! And he is anything but pretty!!! Can’t believe you don’t like Yang Yang as Ye Hua, who according to the book is the ultimate pretty boy - and no, he doesn’t dress like a swamp monster! - OK you need to go watch Love O2O like right about NOW!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@chubby^green^

I watched the movie version first and got confused, I thought Ye hua is Mo yuan, and thats why I watched the drama LOL

I thought the cast for movie version is perfect but the plot and Zhe yan's outfit is a disaster :sweatingbullets:

But cant really blame them because its impossible to cram the story  into 2 hours movie, even 3 hours is not enough...thats why I'm worried for Pillow book movie...

And yes I thought Yehua and Bai qian's love story is kinda boring, its too perfect for me...They're fated, they are the most pretty and handsome couple, He's a crown prince, she's a Queen, its a perfect Fairtytale :sweatingbullets:

@ForgottenSoulx

Lets pray it get aired this year, but I'm worried about the rating, I found many people (online) dont like Vengo's acting, and they said Dilireba's acting also mediocre :(

@redfoxprincess

Yes mark's customes is ugly, the ugliest is the one that looks like crow custome from Game of Thrones LOL

But I've to say his acting is superb, the way he act out Ye hua and Mo yuan is really good, you can see the difference...

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • LOL 2

On 1/8/2019 at 12:30 PM, redfoxprincess said:

his ---- hair

but but the hair is gorgeous, hahaha, at least to me that is

suited with his all black attire

the one that make most impact to me must be the one where he met bai qian/susu again ep 30 i think

just like a rug, or can be used as tactical disguise in the army for swamp attack

hahaha

On 1/8/2019 at 12:30 PM, redfoxprincess said:

Actually, Liu Yuxin & Jiro Wang NOT being FJ & DH was equally the best thing of 2018!

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

seriously thank god for this

if not, my perfect image for donghua and fengjiu would be tainted

hahaha

• LOL 2

9 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

I thought the cast for movie version is perfect but the plot and Zhe yan's outfit is a disaster :sweatingbullets:

Luo Jin is HOTTT but why oh why on earth did they dress this hundreds-of-thousand-years-old phoenix god like a bleepin’ MALE PEACOCK?!?! I mean, seriously... PHOENIX = PEACOCK?!?!?!?! :crazy::crazy::crazy:

• LOL 3

16 minutes ago, redfoxprincess said:

Can’t believe you don’t like Yang Yang as Ye Hua, who according to the book is the ultimate pretty boy - and no, he doesn’t dress like a swamp monster! - OK you need to go watch Love O2O like right about NOW!!!

see! i didnt read the book

so i didnt know that ye hua was said to be the prettiest boy or ultimate pretty boy

i always thought he was the not so good looking, brooding guy but have grace and charisma just like in the drama

beside i always thought that bai zhen is the fairest of them all and i still think he is hahaha

people keep saying about Love O2O and saying praises about it

but i dont get that interested in the female lead and honestly i dont see the attraction of yang yang just yet

my first view of him was ye hua and that was ruined because of my adoration toward drama ye hua

:P

maybe someday i will try to watch hahaha

13 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

And yes I thought Yehua and Bai qian's love story is kinda boring, its too perfect for me...They're fated, they are the most pretty and handsome couple, He's a crown prince, she's a Queen, its a perfect Fairtytale

yeah it is just too too perfect

and also i am kinda put off with bai qian's attitude, her aloofness and her not caring sometime is just too much for me

i dunno whether the book version is the same

but her in the drama version doesnt attract me at all and i dont really root for her

just that other females in the drama aside from feng jiu is way worse

hahaha

13 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Zhe yan's outfit is a disaster

5 minutes ago, redfoxprincess said:

Luo Jin is HOTTT but why oh why on earth did they dress this hundreds-of-thousand-years-old phoenix god like a bleepin’ MALE PEACOCK?!?! I mean, seriously... PHOENIX = PEACOCK?!?!?!?

now you guys make me wanna google the disaster called movie zhe yan

hahaha

ps have to ask in the movie version do they have donghua and fengjiu

and are they okay?

wanna to try to watch the movie again

but dont want the movie donghua and fengjiu ruined the drama dongfeng for me

hahaha

• LOL 1

19 minutes ago, redfoxprincess said:

I’m not kidding!!! :joy:

Here’s a pic for comparison: https://ibb.co/jR3bPpH

LEFT is Peng Zisu , RIGHT is my son!!! :heart:

OMG your son is seriously adorable!!!

i wanna pinch his cheeks so much, and that lil rabbit teeth is too cute!!!

and so that is the movie ali? he is all round perfect hahaha

no wonder you guys are excited about the movie ali

hahaha

bai gungun was also described as rounder and cuter lil peas

although the drama version is not like that at all, i adore his lil little two side buns cause he does look like a sheep like that

but seeing pic of three of them together posted by @Sisca_TVXQ way up above, makes me want to see bai gun-gun with his hair down like his father too hahaha

but it's okay

either way, bai gungun is perfect anyway he is

hahaha

crap... this top post usually belongs to @Sisca_TVXQ 

what am i doing here? hahaha

i have nothing to contribute though

so sorry

:sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

49 minutes ago, redfoxprincess said:

Luo Jin is HOTTT but why oh why on earth did they dress this hundreds-of-thousand-years-old phoenix god like a bleepin’ MALE PEACOCK?!?! I mean, seriously... PHOENIX = PEACOCK?!?!?!?! :crazy::crazy::crazy:

LOL I dont even recognize him, after the movie I google the cast and when I found out zhe yan is Luo jin I was shocked :sweatingbullets:

Your son is cute :wub:, you're chinese ? I thought you're australian...

@chubby^green^

No, there is only Ye hua, Bai qian, Ah li, Su jin, Nai nai and Zhe yan.

Hahaha LOL its ok, I'll contribute in your stead 

dY2gn8S.jpg

N12Q3xx.jpg

Fo0bETH.jpg

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Yes mark's customes is ugly, the ugliest is the one that looks like crow custome from Game of Thrones LOL

But I've to say his acting is superb, the way he act out Ye hua and Mo yuan is really good, you can see the difference...

yes yes yes, he is seriously good in his acting

that's why i was attracted to him even though i have no clue about him hahaha

55 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

LOL I dont even recognize him, after the movie I google the cast and when I found out zhe yan is Luo jin I was shocked :sweatingbullets:

the first pic i saw movie zhe yan was the poster and i was like 'what happen to the clean shaven zhe yan that i know?' and then my 2nd thought was, 'what's with the ultra blue costume?' and then 'what's on his head?' the hair i mean

hahaha

luo jin is good looking in the pic i saw

why they do that to someone good looking?

i seriously have no idea

hahaha

55 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

@chubby^green^

No, there is only Ye hua, Bai qian, Ah li, Su jin, Nai nai and Zhe yan.

ah interesting

watched the trailer just now

hmm...

maybe after pillow book

i will watch the movie and also love 020

:tounge_xd:

btw @redfoxprincess just checked my e-mail

thank you so much

reading it now

^__^

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chubby^green^ said:

see! i didnt read the book

so i didnt know that ye hua was said to be the prettiest boy or ultimate pretty boy

i always thought he was the not so good looking, brooding guy but have grace and charisma just like in the drama

beside i always thought that bai zhen is the fairest of them all and i still think he is hahaha

Bai Zhen is like so pretty he looks like a girl (and might as well be a girl :joy:). Ye Hua is the ultimate pretty BOY - super duper handsome but NOT effeminate! Dong Hua is too. :) And Dong Hua’s supposed to look only 23. Vengo does portray a more mature Dong Hua but i like him too.

2 hours ago, chubby^green^ said:

OMG your son is seriously adorable!!!

i wanna pinch his cheeks so much, and that lil rabbit teeth is too cute!!!

Aww thankyou. He is 5 years old now. Still my adorable prince. And his little princess sister is 3 now. :heart: They keep me busy but i come on here to live my alternate life hahaha!

2 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Your son is cute :wub:, you're chinese ? I thought you're australian...

Thankyou! My background is Chinese. I was born in Australia and grew up in Australia and never left Australia LOL. What does that make me? :huh: Also - please explain, what is this ‘top post’ thing???

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

38 minutes ago, redfoxprincess said:

Thankyou! My background is Chinese. I was born in Australia and grew up in Australia and never left Australia LOL. What does that make me? :huh: Also - please explain, what is this ‘top post’ thing???

LOL I'm also a chinese descendant who was born and grew up in Indonesia and cant speak chinese, can you ?

In my era (I sound so old LOL) on several forums if you get the 'Top post' you have to share some goodies LOL. Its not a written rules or something, just something to make the page pretty I guess ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1