[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

On 12/27/2018 at 12:16 AM, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Btw, I'm curious about Dong hua and Feng jiu's future. After Fengjiu wake up, will Dong hua still retire and appointed Ye Qing Ti as his successor ? What do you guys think?

How seriously do you take the shorts & comics that Tang Qi wrote for the 10 Miles and Pillow Book pictorial albums? :D In those, Feng Jiu goes back to school but keeps using food & sexual bribes to get Dong Hua to do her homework for her. :w00t: They appear to all be living at Tai Chen Palace because they are teased by everyone about mother & son both attending school in the Nine Heavens. Bai Gun Gun & Ah Li play together & console each other because they want to sleep with their mothers but their fathers always take them back to their own bedrooms so that they can have their wives all to themselves... :w00t: From memory, Ye Hua and Dong Hua compete who can get their wives pregnant again first, and I think Bai Qian and Feng Jiu become pregnant at the same time and it is implied that they are both carrying daughters. The Nine Heavens regularly holds the ‘Beauty Ranking Contest’ where Ye Hua, Dong Hua and Liang Song are the judges and they keep fighting because they think their wives should be number 1. So eventually, Dong Hua decrees that only he is going to be a judge because he can’t let Feng Jiu lose because it also means himself losing to Liang Song and Ye Hua and of course he can’t ever lose! :lol:

On a slightly more serious note, I can’t imagine Dong Hua ever fully retiring, because he is basically retired but effectively holding onto power. I suppose Dong Hua really only had a very minor administrative role (new fairy induction) and that was passed on to Ye Qing Ti. Dong Hua was always passing his days indulging in leisure at Tai Chen Palace (while secretly monitoring the Huiming Realm toxins). What Dong Hua really needs to stay in the Nine Heavens for now is preparing for the impending handover to Ye Hua and Bai Qian as the new Emperor and Empress as the old Tian Jun retires. Although they didn’t mention it in the books, the end of the Eternal Love drama did mention Dong Hua being busy with Ye Hua preparing for the handover, which is the obvious next thing to come. Realistically, I think Dong Hua and Feng Jiu must divide their time between Nine Heavens (where Dong Hua still holds effective power and Tian Jun is only an administrative role) and Qing Qiu (where Feng Jiu is Queen). I remember at the end of the book, Feng Jiu asked Dong Hua whether they could frequently return to the Blue Sea as well. So maybe they spend part of the year in each of those 3 places (and Feng Jiu has to attend school either in Nine Heavens or Qing Qiu depending on where they are at the time), then take a break and go to their ‘holiday house’ at the Blue Sea.

On 12/26/2018 at 12:01 AM, chubby^green^ said:

anyway from time to time the book keep describing the indigo jewelled headband that dinghua wear all the time

from the pics it seems to be missing and will be absence in the drama

kinda pity have to say

hmm... 

i kinda grew fond of that indigo marking since it almost become a pairing to xiao bai's red mark on her forehead

I agree! I love his indigo jewel headband... :wub: mostly because of one of my favourite scenes ~ where Dong Hua has sneaked into Feng Jius’s bedroom in the middle of the night, unbuttoned her top and is rubbing her bruises with their special paste, and they get a bit flirty, and Feng Jiu gets on top of him, straddles him and removes his headband to put the paste on his face like facial cream, and i’m sure as the book is describing him staring at her with sparkling eyes that he is thinking ‘damn, this is the first and only girl in all my 300,000-year life who turns me on’ and all he wants to do is rip all her clothes off... :w00t: Oh, poor Dong Hua the 300,000-year-old virgin... (And you thought Twilight’s 108-year-old virgin vampire Edward had it bad!) (Note: Dong Hua’s age is my estimate.)

P.S. Hi fam! Yep, i’m back! And I have just fired up the DongFeng smut train again... You’re welcome! Did y’all miss me?! :P

• LOL 4

1 hour ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

@redprincess

I read the stories every week LOL :joy:

But not all stories is written by Tang qi sadly...

Did Tang qi ever clarify how old Dong hua is ? Where did you read it?

I think fans wrote some which Tang Qi posted on her weibo. But the officially published shorts at the end of the books, and the comics in the officially published pictorial albums, were written by her, weren’t they? ^_^

Oh sorry, i just made up Dong Hua’s age as an estimate. I’ve now clarified that in my previous post. It’s an estimate based on the age of Bai Qian (140,000) and the estimated age of the previous generation which Pillow Book revealed were actually school peers taught by Fu Shen (Dong Hua, Mo Yuan, Zhe Yan and Bai Zhi). I’ve also seen similar estimates such as this one:)

• Like 4

@redfoxprincess @Sisca_TVXQ I also wondering about Donghua age..I wish Tang Qi just could mentioned more specific about his age instead of "as old as time"..which mean he really Old an ancient one right?. According to the that blog (very interesting blog especially Kakashi name was mentioned lol)...Zhe Yan and Donghua most likely the same age and Mo Yan slightly younger than them.

@redfoxprincess as always I love your input regarding everything..as for DongFeng Smut...is there's any good DongFeng fanfictions that i can read..or by chance did you ever wrote any fanfictions? :grin:So far I actively read Twilight and Naruto fanfictions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, redfoxprincess said:

I agree! I love his indigo jewel headband... :wub: mostly because of one of my favourite scenes ~ where Dong Hua has sneaked into Feng Jius’s bedroom in the middle of the night, unbuttoned her top and is rubbing her bruises with their special paste, and they get a bit flirty, and Feng Jiu gets on top of him, straddles him and removes his headband to put the paste on his face like facial cream, and i’m sure as the book is describing him staring at her with sparkling eyes that he is thinking ‘damn, this is the first and only girl in all my 300,000-year life who turns me on’ and all he wants to do is rip all her clothes off... :w00t: Oh, poor Dong Hua the 300,000-year-old virgin... (And you thought Twilight’s 108-year-old virgin vampire Edward had it bad!) (Note: Dong Hua’s age is my estimate.)

yes that indigo jewel was very prominent in the book

it is its own character and very much needed in the drama too :lol:

almost every single time the book describes donghua the indigo headband was always be mentioned

and also there's one or two parts featuring the indigo headband that i really like in book 2 of pillow book

the part where fengjiu thought she was dreaming while wa in aranya's dream and saw donghua instead of her intended groom (she thought she was getting married to that dude her parent arranged)

and she decided to kiss donghua since she might never see him again

when dongua's face looms over her, she notices the indigo headband clearly, it was rather cute and seemingly sexy 

and also when fengjiu's husband was described at the binchang ceremony, his silver hair and his forehead was an expensive looking jewel

things that people noticed about donghua was first and foremost his silver hair and next would be that indigo headband

:P

lol at the virgin, i totally forgot he was a virgin and xiao bao is totally his first as much as he is her first

hahaha

no wonder fengjiu can easily coerced him to do her homework using sex as reward

:relaxed:

i wanna read the comics too

it seems fun

was watching through the eternal love bts

choosing only donghua and fengjiu's scenes

those two are just too cute together

having fun while filming

i hope that we will get a lot of bts too for pillow book (i hope they dont change the name for the drama, i kinda fond with pillow book, it seems soothing for me)

anyway i notice that fengjiu wont have much interaction with siming in pillow book as compared to what eternal love have

or maybe i am missing it while reading

i hope they would have even better interaction in pillow book drama though

i really like the guy playing siming and liansong since they seem to be at ease with their character

i also realised that lots of old character has been changed

aside from siming and lian song, we will have new zhe yan, who seems so much younger and dashing now, kinda pity i like the old zhe yan

he has that brotherly fatherly vibe in a cool way

though the new bai zhen is seriously pretty

hahaha

and also i think 16th disciple who is now playing yan chiwu in pillow book is really suited

i remember the book describing that demon lord as someone so pretty and good looking that even fengjiu feel sorry for him

hahaha

fengjiu is seriously being surrounded by so many good looking guys

thank god her eyes only have donghua

hahaha

most video site has already prepare page for pillow book 

though the synopsis seems a lil off

i guess since it's really a secret still how the drama story goes (we are assuming that it will follow the book though we cant be sure to what extent)

also

can anyone who has read eternal love confirm that even that book's ending is rather short

and the drama version is like the extended version from the book?

i read that it ended with ye hua saying to bai qian "come here"?

so now i am hopeful that pillow book also will show more than what the book scarcely offer

and also

after watching eternal love

its a pity that donghua and fengjiu barely had kissing scenes (only 1 i think, where fengjiu kiss standing donghua)

others were on the cheek or forehead

while ye hua and bai qian was fogging up the screen with their steamy kissing scenes

i need dongfeng to up the ante of course

hopefully pillow book will fix this!

:lol:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

@redfoxprincess as always I love your input regarding everything..as for DongFeng Smut...is there's any good DongFeng fanfictions that i can read..or by chance did you ever wrote any fanfictions? :grin:So far I actively read Twilight and Naruto fanfictions.

When i was half my age (in my teens), i read and wrote a LOT of fanfic. I was so immersed in my own world. I don’t really read fanfic anymore, although i would if there were any super good ones. So unless it’s super well written, i would avoid it. I’m sure there’s a plethora of amazing DongFeng fanfics written in Chinese, but i struggle too much to read chinese. If you are able to read Chinese, maybe you’ll find some? Unfortunately, my sister-in-law who tried to find DongFeng fanfics said there were very few written in English, and most were about DongFeng in the drama, not the book. This is because the drama had them lead separate lives, whereas the book gave them a happy ending already. And this leads to my other problem: i felt the book’s ending was so perfectly happy already that i struggled to come up with any good plotlines for a fanfic. I really LOVE writing but in this case, all i want for DongFeng is for them to keep living happily ever after together with nothing bad to ever happen to them, because they had both been through so much already. I’m scared to read any fanfics others have written about them because i feel so protective and possessive of them hahaha! :sweatingbullets: For this reason, i’m staying put and waiting patiently for the drama. Maybe if i feel all empty and existential after the drama is finished, i’ll get desperate for fanfics or write one. ^_^ Don’t forget there’s also a Pillow Book film version to look forward to! I’m really excited for any news about that because it’ll be all a surprise, rather than expecting similarities to, and actors from, Eternal Love!

P.S.TEAM JACOB!!! :wub:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, chubby^green^ said:

also

can anyone who has read eternal love confirm that even that book's ending is rather short

and the drama version is like the extended version from the book?

i read that it ended with ye hua saying to bai qian "come here"?

so now i am hopeful that pillow book also will show more than what the book scarcely offer

and also

after watching eternal love

its a pity that donghua and fengjiu barely had kissing scenes (only 1 i think, where fengjiu kiss standing donghua)

others were on the cheek or forehead

while ye hua and bai qian was fogging up the screen with their steamy kissing scenes

i need dongfeng to up the ante of course

hopefully pillow book will fix this!

:lol:

Yes, 10MPB book’s ending is just as abrupt as Pillow Book. But the Eternal Love drama doesn’t really expand on it all that much either. In the drama, after Mark Chao’s Ye Hua says ‘Come here’, they sit together in Zhe Yan’s peach orchard and chat about how they first met and their mortal realm memories. It’s like a minute long and then it’s the end. That ‘chat’ is basically constructed from the Epilogue of the book, in which Ye Hua describes his early life in the Nine Heavens, how they first met and his memories of Su Su. So it’s kinda the same, except in the drama he’s chatting with Bai Qian about it. In this Pillow Book drama, leaked pics show Dong Hua, Feng Jiu and Bai Gun Gun playing together in the garden. It may be the same - a short scene or a few scenes to show that Feng Jiu is awake and the 3 of them will live together happily ever after, which is what the book also implies in its Epilogue. Although i can’t be certain, i doubt very much that they will add any more to it. Tang Qi is one of the scriptwriters so i imagine she’d make sure they stick closely to the book, and any changes would be made with her heavy input. This hopefully means that any changes would have to be really good, like how they expanded on a few things in the Eternal Love drama that were not in the book. Now for the Pillow Book drama, so far, the only change we’re all certain about is that Dong Hua and Feng Jiu will have an added mortal realm arc. In the books, Dong Hua never went to the mortal realm. But in the drama, it appears they will have him reincarnate as a Crown Prince (not Emperor) who has black hair and wears white, and Feng Jiu will have a romance with him in the mortal realm. No one knows what this is about though, as it completely deviates from the book, just as their mortal realm story in the Eternal Love drama was also not in the book. Like many others here, i find this to be a major change and am just as excited for it as i am nervous, and really curious how they will justify why Dong Hua has no memories of their mortal realm romance! :tears:

Oh my goodness, the kissing and love scenes in the Pillow Book are AMAZING!!! I really hope too that they will have them all over the screen!!!!!!!!!! :w00t:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, redfoxprincess said:

Yes, 10MPB book’s ending is just as abrupt as Pillow Book. But the Eternal Love drama doesn’t really expand on it all that much either. In the drama, after Mark Chao’s Ye Hua says ‘Come here’, they sit together in Zhe Yan’s peach orchard and chat about how they first met and their mortal realm memories. It’s like a minute long and then it’s the end.

yeah it doesn't expand that much but its much better than that darn cliffhanger of just simple words and we're done situation

hahaha

it would be nice of pillow book drama would allow feng jiu to see her love ones being together in front of her when she wakes up

it would be nice if we can see donghua celebrates the awakening of feng jiu 

and gungun finally realised that he got one of his wish or maybe two of his wishes which is to have a father and also he doesn't have to care for fengjiu during the night anymore

he now has his father who would cover his mom with quilt during the night hahaha

Oh my goodness, the kissing and love scenes in the Pillow Book are AMAZING!!! I really hope too that they will have them all over the screen!!!!!!!!!! :w00t:

thinking about the scenes making me blush a lil

but i actually like it since it shows that donghua is not made from stone after all

he is hungry for her all the time

hahaha

5 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

thank you so much!!!

spend the last hour reading each one of it and it's hilarious

and as expected donghua, fengjiu and even gun gun steals the show for me

i was laughing my heart out at their scenes per say

hehehe

though some of the mini doesnt really reflect the dynamic that i think donghua and fengjiu's have,

most of the mini depicted fengjiu to be too silly and donghua to be too mean, which is not what i got from the book

then again that is only my own opinion, i must have created my own impression of fengjiu and donghua while reading pillow book

i also understand that not all the minis are from the writer some are from fans as well

still it's quite fun to read and be reconnected to all characters that i know and i dont know

p/s

as much as i adore liansong, i am not interested in liansong and chengyu's story,

but i am quite curious about mo yuan and shao wan's story

dunno why, but i think those two will have a really tragic and gut wrenching love story

makes me feel sorry for them (funny hahaha)

so happy that our couple has passed all the trials and now basking in the happiness and enjoyment of being together

• Like 1

3 hours ago, redfoxprincess said:

Yes, 10MPB book’s ending is just as abrupt as Pillow Book. But the Eternal Love drama doesn’t really expand on it all that much either. In the drama, after Mark Chao’s Ye Hua says ‘Come here’, they sit together in Zhe Yan’s peach orchard and chat about how they first met and their mortal realm memories. It’s like a minute long and then it’s the end. That ‘chat’ is basically constructed from the Epilogue of the book, in which Ye Hua describes his early life in the Nine Heavens, how they first met and his memories of Su Su. So it’s kinda the same, except in the drama he’s chatting with Bai Qian about it. In this Pillow Book drama, leaked pics show Dong Hua, Feng Jiu and Bai Gun Gun playing together in the garden. It may be the same - a short scene or a few scenes to show that Feng Jiu is awake and the 3 of them will live together happily ever after, which is what the book also implies in its Epilogue. Although i can’t be certain, i doubt very much that they will add any more to it. Tang Qi is one of the scriptwriters so i imagine she’d make sure they stick closely to the book, and any changes would be made with her heavy input. This hopefully means that any changes would have to be really good, like how they expanded on a few things in the Eternal Love drama that were not in the book. Now for the Pillow Book drama, so far, the only change we’re all certain about is that Dong Hua and Feng Jiu will have an added mortal realm arc. In the books, Dong Hua never went to the mortal realm. But in the drama, it appears they will have him reincarnate as a Crown Prince who has black hair and wears white, and Feng Jiu will have a romance with him in the mortal realm. No one knows what this is about though, as it completely deviates from the book, just as their mortal realm story in the Eternal Love drama was also not in the book. Like many others here, i find this to be a major change and am just as excited for it as i am nervous, and really curious how they will justify why Dong Hua has no memories of their mortal realm romance! :tears:

The mortal arc was mentioned in passing actually. Remember when DD was looking in the mirror(cant recall its name). Before she sent her shadow as aranya she sent it to aid DD in passing his mortal trial which failed hence the aranya branch. Also She met Ye QingTi during this mortal trial.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chubby^green^ said:

p/s

as much as i adore liansong, i am not interested in liansong and chengyu's story,

but i am quite curious about mo yuan and shao wan's story

dunno why, but i think those two will have a really tragic and gut wrenching love story

makes me feel sorry for them (funny hahaha)

so happy that our couple has passed all the trials and now basking in the happiness and enjoyment of being together

In Tang Qi’s interview (included at the end of Book 1 English translation of The Pillow Book), she said that Pillow Book was her first attempt to write a true love story (10MPB was probably more adventure), while Bodhi Fate (Mo Yuan and Shao Wan) will be a lot darker. So you’re right, it is probably going to be a tragedy that’s depressing on the level of Hua Xu Yin (Tang Qi’s other very famous book series). :tears: She writes some really twisted and sadistic stuff. No idea what Lotus Steps (Liang Song and Cheng Yu) is about, but fans seem to anticipate it to be super racy since Liang Song is supposedly a playboy.

3 hours ago, aryamine said:

The mortal arc was mentioned in passing actually. Remember when DD was looking in the mirror(cant recall its name). Before she sent her shadow as aranya she sent it to aid DD in passing his mortal trial which failed hence the aranya branch. Also She met Ye QingTi during this mortal trial.

Sorry, aryamine, i don’t really understand what you mean...? :huh: I think you’ve mixed a few things up, which is ok, i’ll try and jog your memory. I know it’s confusing, especially when there were some mistakes in the translation. The translation sometimes called Fanyin Valley the ‘mortal realm’ when it should have been translated as the ‘lower realm’, as in a valley in the lower part of the celestial realm.

Spoiler

• It was actually the other way round to what you said. The Aranya arc occured BEFORE the supposed ‘mortal trial’. It was actually because Aranya (Feng Jiu’s shadow) failed her mission to make Chen Ye (Dong Hua’s shadow) happy, that’s why Feng Jiu had to go to the mortal realm to try assist in Dong Hua’s supposed ‘mortal trial’ - still trying to repay her debt.

• In the mortal realm, there was only Feng Jiu. Dong Hua NEVER went to the mortal realm and that’s what i was trying to say - not that it wasn’t mentioned. The ‘mortal trial’ was all a cover-up which Feng Jiu only discovers at the very end of Pillow Book. The whole time, she had mistaken the Emperor as Dong Hua reincarnated - but actually, the Emperor was just a mortal Emperor with absolutely nothing to do with Dong Hua (who was asleep in Tai Chen Palace that whole time).

• Feng Jiu actually thought she successfully repayed her debt by assisting Dong Hua in his supposed ‘mortal trial’ because she saved the Emperor from drowning. Then she hung around in the mortal realm for a bit longer, hoping to protect the Emperor, and that’s how she met Ye Qing Ti. Problem is - the Emperor was NOT Dong Hua.

• Thanks 1

Further to what i wrote in the above post in ‘hidden contents’, i wonder who of you considers Feng Jiu to have repayed her ‘life debt’ to Dong Hua? Or do some of you think the debt was never truly repaid? Here are all her ‘attempts’ at debt repayment and their results:

• Serves in Tai Chen Palace as a maid for 400 years - she considers that a FAIL as nothing she did ever directly benefited Dong Hua, and he also never knew she was there.

• In fox form after her deal with Nie Chu Yin, enters the Wicked Lotus Sphere and fights demons attacking Dong Hua (Liang Song actually said the baby fox saved Dong Hua’s life) - but she considers that a FAIL as Dong Hua never knew it was her, and he ended up taking care of her injuries, etc, etc.

• Sends her shadow to Fanyin Valley, births as Aranya to assist Chen Ye to fulfil his dreams - she considers that a FAIL because Aranya became Chen Ye’s biggest heartache and also died early without ever figuring out what Chen Ye wanted, which was actually to be with Aranya.

• Enters the mortal realm in the hopes of assisting Dong Hua in his ‘mortal trial’, and thinks she succeeded because she saved the Emperor from drowning -

Spoiler

this was clearly a FAIL because Dong Hua is not the Emperor. Interestingly enough, after their 200-year separation when Feng Jiu rejects all of Dong Hua’s gifts, she says that he doesn’t need to give her these things because they are now ‘even’. At this point, she still thinks her mortal realm stint had repaid her debt. Little did she know about the bombshell that was about to drop and she discovers the truth about everything!

But then, considering that Feng Jiu believes her debt is a ‘life debt’ because Dong Hua saved her life, the only way she could really ‘repay’ that debt was to fulfil Dong Hua’s dreams - and who else, but Feng Jiu, could do that? So what really happens, and she never even realises, is that her debt repayment finally succeeds when they get together in Aranya’s Dream. Her only way to repay her debt is with herself. :heart:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, redfoxprincess said:

In Tang Qi’s interview (included at the end of Book 1 English translation of The Pillow Book), she said that Pillow Book was her first attempt to write a true love story (10MPB was probably more adventure), while Bodhi Fate (Mo Yuan and Shao Wan) will be a lot darker. So you’re right, it is probably going to be a tragedy that’s depressing on the level of Hua Xu Yin (Tang Qi’s other very famous book series). :tears: She writes some really twisted and sadistic stuff. No idea what Lotus Steps (Liang Song and Cheng Yu) is about, but fans seem to anticipate it to be super racy since Liang Song is supposedly a playboy.

Sorry, aryamine, i don’t really understand what you mean...? :huh: I think you’ve mixed a few things up, which is ok, i’ll try and jog your memory. I know it’s confusing, especially when there were some mistakes in the translation. The translation sometimes called Fanyin Valley the ‘mortal realm’ when it should have been translated as the ‘lower realm’, as in a valley in the lower part of the celestial realm.

Reveal hidden contents

• It was actually the other way round to what you said. The Aranya arc occured BEFORE the supposed ‘mortal trial’. It was actually because Aranya (Feng Jiu’s shadow) failed her mission to make Chen Ye (Dong Hua’s shadow) happy, that’s why Feng Jiu had to go to the mortal realm to try assist in Dong Hua’s supposed ‘mortal trial’ - still trying to repay her debt.

• In the mortal realm, there was only Feng Jiu. Dong Hua NEVER went to the mortal realm and that’s what i was trying to say - not that it wasn’t mentioned. The ‘mortal trial’ was all a cover-up which Feng Jiu only discovers at the very end of Pillow Book. The whole time, she had mistaken the Emperor as Dong Hua reincarnated - but actually, the Emperor was just a mortal Emperor with absolutely nothing to do with Dong Hua (who was asleep in Tai Chen Palace that whole time).

• Feng Jiu actually thought she successfully repayed her debt by assisting Dong Hua in his supposed ‘mortal trial’ because she saved the Emperor from drowning. Then she hung around in the mortal realm for a bit longer, hoping to protect the Emperor, and that’s how she met Ye Qing Ti. Problem is - the Emperor was NOT Dong Hua.

It's been long since I read the pillow book. I need to do some revision apparently. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m posting WAY TOO MUCH today... but just wondering... who would be interested in reading if i were to write some DongFeng fanfic? I can only write oneshots for now due to scarcity of spare time, and as i said above, i’m struggling to come up with a continuing fanfic plot that won’t mess with their happily ever after. I also don’t want to write a spinoff or reinvention fanfic because i’m too obsessed with the story as it is. Some oneshots i’m interested in playing around with would be...

POVS:

• Aranya’s Dream from Dong Hua’s perspective, especially critical moments like when he went to see the yue ling flowers with ‘Aranya’, when he discovered Feng Jiu’s soul was in Aranya’s body, when Feng Jiu said to ‘Xize’ that she doesn’t want to see the person she used to love, when Feng Jiu got drugged and was ripping her clothes off and licking his chest (LOL!), when Feng Jiu returned to her own body and he kissed her in the cave, when they went to the Maiden Festival, and when they made love. :w00t:

• Encounters with Feng Jiu in the Nine Heavens from Dong Hua’s perspective, including the wedding procession at Qing Qiu, her entrance into the wedding banquet, Feng Jiu’s blind dates, eavesdropping on Feng Jiu and Ah Li, the opera battle with the fire bird, the steamy hot spring, carrying drunk and clingy Feng Jiu into bed... :w00t:

WHAT IFs:

• WHAT IF Feng Jiu stayed ‘even more’ faithful to Dong Hua and ultimately rejected ‘Xize’... when they return from Aranya’s Dream, what would happen? WHAT IF Dong Hua doesn’t feed her the memory-altering pill, so she then naturally discovers that ‘Xize’ was actually Dong Hua? WHAT IF the first time they make love, Feng Jiu is actually ‘doing it’ with Dong Hua rather than believing it is Xize, i.e. all her Dong Hua dreams and fantasies come true? :w00t:

• WHAT IF in the scene where Dong Hua was rubbing the healing paste on Feng Jiu’s bruises, after she gets ontop of him and puts cream on his face, he actually pins her down and madly kisses her? WHAT IF Feng Jiu then emphatically pushes him away and confronts him for ‘cheating’ on Ji Heng? WHAT IF after that confrontation, Dong Hua hangs on to questions of ‘how does Feng Jiu know about my cracked hands and this special paste’ and ‘how does Feng Jiu know about my fake engagement with Ji Heng’? WHAT IF, instead of Liang Song, Dong Hua also questions why Feng Jiu wants the Saha Fruit and goes to chat with Si Ming and discovers the truth about Feng Jiu, and all this happens BEFORE the Saha Fruit Competition? WHAT IF, after the Competion, when Feng Jiu goes to find Dong Hua to beg him for the Saha Fruit, Dong Hua (now knowing the truth about his baby fox and everything about Feng Jiu), is waiting for her in his room... :w00t:

Okay, SORRY... i wasn’t intentionally making every idea eventually become an excuse for a DongFeng smutfest... :w00t: Please feel free to give me OTHER oneshot fanfic ideas because i am OBVIOUSLY hopeless at coming up with anything but S-E-X... :rolleyes: I am aware that i sound like a lonely H-O-R-N-Y lovesick teenager... :lol: Please know that i am actually happily married with kids and have a very fulfilling life... :D

• LOL 2

14 minutes ago, redfoxprincess said:

I’m posting WAY TOO MUCH today... but just wondering... who would be interested in reading if i were to write some DongFeng fanfic? I can only write oneshots for now due to scarcity of spare time, and as i said above, i’m struggling to come up with a continuing fanfic plot that won’t mess with their happily ever after. I also don’t want to write a spinoff fanfic because i’m too obsessed with the story as it is. Some oneshots i’m interested in playing around with would be...

POVS:

• Aranya’s Dream from Dong Hua’s perspective, especially critical moments like when he went to see the yue ling flowers with ‘Aranya’, when he discovered Feng Jiu’s soul was in Aranya’s body, when Feng Jiu said to ‘Xize’ that she doesn’t want to see the person she used to love, when Feng Jiu got drugged and was ripping her clothes off and licking his chest (LOL!), when Feng Jiu returned to her own body and he kissed her in the cave, when they went to the Maiden Festival, and when they made love. :w00t:

• Encounters with Feng Jiu in the Nine Heavens from Dong Hua’s perspective, including the wedding procession at Qing Qiu, her entrance into the wedding banquet, Feng Jiu’s blind dates, eavesdropping on Feng Jiu and Ah Li, the opera battle with the fire bird, the steamy hot spring, carrying drunk and clingy Feng Jiu into bed... :w00t:

WHAT IFs:

• WHAT IF Feng Jiu stayed ‘even more’ faithful to Dong Hua and ultimately rejected ‘Xize’... when they return from Aranya’s Dream, what would happen? WHAT IF Dong Hua doesn’t feed her the memory-altering pill, so she then naturally discovers that ‘Xize’ was actually Dong Hua? WHAT IF the first time they make love, Feng Jiu is actually ‘doing it’ with Dong Hua rather than believing it is Xize, i.e. all her Dong Hua dreams and fantasies come true? :w00t:

• WHAT IF in the scene where Dong Hua was rubbing the healing paste on Feng Jiu’s bruises, after she gets ontop of him and puts cream on his face, he actually pins her down and madly kisses her? WHAT IF Feng Jiu then emphatically pushes him away and confronts him for ‘cheating’ on Ji Heng? WHAT IF after that confrontation, Dong Hua hangs on to questions of ‘how does Feng Jiu know about my cracked hands and this special paste’ and ‘how does Feng Jiu know about my fake engagement with Ji Heng’? WHAT IF, instead of Liang Song, Dong Hua also questions why Feng Jiu wants the Saha Fruit and goes to chat with Si Ming and discovers the truth about Feng Jiu, and all this happens BEFORE the Saha Fruit Competition? WHAT IF, after the Competion, when Feng Jiu goes to find Dong Hua to beg him for the Saha Fruit, Dong Hua (now knowing the truth about his baby fox and everything about Feng Jiu), is waiting for her in his room... :w00t:

Okay, SORRY... i wasn’t intentionally making every idea eventually become a DongFeng smutfest... :w00t: Please feel free to give me OTHER oneshot fanfic ideas because i am OBVIOUSLY hopeless at coming up with anything but S-E-X... :rolleyes: I am aware that i sound like a lonely H-O-R-N-Y lovesick teenager... :lol: Please know that i am actually happily married with kids and have a very fulfilling life... :D

Lol I for one prefer the first :wub:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, aryamine said:

in the book the mortal realm was mentioned in the passing since it doesnt hold any significance aside from fengjiu's meeting with ye qingti and owning him a debt of life

but in the drama it seems that mortal realm will hold a bigger role for both feng jiu and donghua and i think i read somewhere in this thread there would be interference from jiheng as well? (not sure)

kinda redundant i think

that is of the thing that seems to be slightly different from the book

so just like what @redfoxprincess said 

In the books, Dong Hua never went to the mortal realm. But in the drama, it appears they will have him reincarnate as a Crown Prince (not Emperor) who has black hair and wears white, and Feng Jiu will have a romance with him in the mortal realm. No one knows what this is about though, as it completely deviates from the book, just as their mortal realm story in the Eternal Love drama was also not in the book. Like many others here, i find this to be a major change and am just as excited for it as i am nervous, and really curious how they will justify why Dong Hua has no memories of their mortal realm romance! :tears:

i also am looking forward for this arc since it was not in the book

it can be that lil elements of surprise 

it's good since for us who has read the book over and over again

something new can make the story even more interesting

btw

i hope they dont dwell too long for the aranya's dream part

its kinda boring for me

it took me a while to even finish reading that part in pillow book

i wonder if prince qing would make an appearances in the drama too

hahaha

and also @redfoxprincess can you enlighten me about what is dongfeng three lives and three world?

i mean

for ye hua and bai gian it's quite obvious to see their three lives and three world (at least in the drama i mean)

but i am still a lil confuse for dongfeng

and since the drama added the mortal realm arc, will that be considered as one of their lives and world?

sorry for asking but i think you know more than others here

18 minutes ago, redfoxprincess said:

I’m posting WAY TOO MUCH today... but just wondering... who would be interested in reading if i were to write some DongFeng fanfic?

i dont mind reading any of it

all seems interesting

i always enjoyed reading what ifs

but reading from other perspectives of the same event is also unique way to view things

so either one or all is quite nice for me

it has been a while since i last wrote fanfic as well

but even now i just cant write, too many things to think, too little time

hahaha

happy writing!!!

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, chubby^green^ said:

and also @redfoxprincess can you enlighten me about what is dongfeng three lives and three world?

i mean

for ye hua and bai gian it's quite obvious to see their three lives and three world (at least in the drama i mean)

but i am still a lil confuse for dongfeng

and since the drama added the mortal realm arc, will that be considered as one of their lives and world?

sorry for asking but i think you know more than others here

Hahaha i don’t know more, i think i’m just really obsessed! :lol: In the book, it is like this:

• First life: Life in Tai Chen Palace - Feng Jiu as a maid for 400 years, then as Dong Hua’s pet baby fox.

• Second life: Life as a Biyiniao - their shadows born as Aranya and Chen Ye, an unfulfilled love story.

• Third life: Life as Dong Hua’s Beloved - the book begins in the third life with Aranya and Chen Ye’s unfulfilled fate transferring to Feng Jiu and Dong Hua, giving them a chance to meet properly (at Bai Qian and Ye Hua’s wedding) and finally fall in love.

As for the drama, the speculation is that the mortal realm/Crown Prince arc will be part of the first life. Apparently, and this is purely speculation by fans (although ‘fans’ evidently include some members of the production team with their secret cams, leaked pics, footage and info!) - apparently, Dong Hua will try to train his pet baby fox and increase her cultivation by sending her down to the mortal realm with some tasks to complete, and he will secretly accompany her down there as the Crown Prince.

• Like 1

^

your obsession is making you know more hahaha

and in this case its a good thing

i hope that the second life, aka the fanyin valley would include those before they fell into the aranya's dream as well

i quite enjoy watching donghua getting jealous over xiao yan ops i mean warrior xiao yan hahaha

i need to see with my own eyes, how the soup bowl just merely slipped from donghua's hand straight to yan chiwu :lol:

and his planning to get rid of yan chiwu without getting into trouble is just too cute for me

22 minutes ago, redfoxprincess said:

Apparently, and this is purely speculation by fans (although ‘fans’ evidently include the production team with secret cams, leaked pics, footage and info!) - apparently, Dong Hua will try to train his pet baby fox and increase her cultivation by sending her down to the mortal realm with some tasks to complete, and he will secretly accompany her down there as the Crown Prince.

hmm this storyline almost like adding a new arc for the drama

sending his baby fox to mortal realm, would that mean that that time donghua wont know that his lil fox is actually feng jiu yet

and if that is the case then the synopsis that i find in most site about this drama can be correct as well

aka when sending lil fox top mortal realm the guardian died and the lil fox got lost in mortal realm

hence donghua comes down to mortal realm as well to find her, not realising that feng jiu is that lil fox or maybe mistaking jiheng as the reincarnated fox maybe?

jiheng pretending to be the fox can be use to replace jiheng lying about fixing the sword design that fengjiu did in the book i think

hence they can still use the parts of jiheng inserting himself in gonghua's life, fengjiu giving up on donghua, donghua not realising who is his lil fox and so on

or they would still maintain that jiheng is the daughter of one of his general in the past and he is indebted still and that part will still be included in the drama including the marriage and all

now i seriously getting more curious about this drama and about dongfeng non-fated love story at least for the first two part of the drama

btw i read on wiki (not that reliable source i know -_-')  that the drama will now be 60 eps with 45 mins per ep, is it true?

60 eps seems rather long but i dont mind i will get to see more dongfeng and also two books crammed into 60 eps seems quite apt

hahaha

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, chubby^green^ said:

i hope that the second life, aka the fanyin valley would include those before they fell into the aranya's dream as well

i quite enjoy watching donghua getting jealous over xiao yan ops i mean warrior xiao yan hahaha

i need to see with my own eyes, how the soup bowl just merely slipped from donghua's hand straight to yan chiwu 

and his planning to get rid of yan chiwu without getting into trouble is just too cute for me

I am confident all of that will be included, but as part of the third life. :) Not sure whether the second life (Aranya and Chen Ye’s story) will be told chronologically (given it’s own few episodes after the first life), or as part of the third life but in a throwback detective/thriller kind of way like in the book, where they both discover what happened in their past life when they are in Aranya’s Dream. In the 10MPB book, the 2 past lives were told in flashbacks and solely in Bai Qian’s POV, but in the Eternal Love drama, the 3 lives occured chronologically one after the other and were mostly in Ye Hua’s POV. It will be interesting to see what they do in the Pillow Book drama, given that it is a hundred times more complicated and convoluted.

50 minutes ago, chubby^green^ said:

btw i read on wiki (not that reliable source i know -_-')  that the drama will now be 60 eps with 45 mins per ep, is it true?

60 eps seems rather long but i dont mind i will get to see more dongfeng and also two books crammed into 60 eps seems quite apt

hahaha

Eternal Love was 58 eps, so no surprise that Pillow Book will be around the same. :) Chinese epic dramas are all about this length.

• Like 2