Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland WebDrama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

Where do you think Ep 48 will end at?   

53 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Let' take a poll just for fun since we are waiting. Where do you think Ep 48 will end at?

• bing cang ceremony
    • DH and FJ leaving Fanyin Valley
    • Aranya's battle with the owl clan
    • DH and SMY peering into the Miaolu glass
    • Aranya in prison and talking to the mother

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/27/2020 at 03:30 PM

5 hours ago, 9tRedFox said:

Douban rating went up to 6.4; views on Tencent are 6.8 billion; IMDb dropped to 8.3

Watch ep.45 with eng sub. premier live on YouTube with live chat on Sunday and will be their on Monday, I noticed lots of viewers fron Korea and India hopefully these will be counted as rating too, on Viki they have 9.2 rating last time I looked that wont count but the fans are loving it.:love:

Edit. Never worked so hard for a drama, this goes to show the Power and my love for the Pillow Book.:blush:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@SC2019 Oh, it is just the BTS of them singing on set. His passing remark of Heaven Dog Eating Star is so 冷. Hahaha...

You are right about not burdening his wife with the matters of the eight realms. At least his reason is solid. I am glad they didn't use a complete noble idiocy trope on him although it is getting close.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Posted (edited)
On 3/16/2020 at 12:53 PM, Yori Ten said:

This is so beautifully done! Love it.

Vengo/Reba first kiss scene in ELOD.. beautifully done:love:

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote pictures
  • Like 5
  • Love 4

7 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

@Ninky precisely, no one does an about-turn from "I don't give a damn to you anymore" to "I want to accompany you to your death" so quickly. So, what harm if they had indulged the viewers a little... as for those who feel that DH should be taught a lesson with her distancing herself from him.....he was as much a victim of circumstance, none of it was done intentionally on his part. The only thing that one could fault him for is perhaps not letting her know that he was responsible for the Miaoluo Realm, but knowing DH, would he have shared the burden with his college-going wife, and to what purpose?

It’s just that Feng Jiu was tired. His lies distance her from him. Remember :

Spoiler

During the last battle she said something like “please don’t lie and push me away again,” after he lied to her saying to wait for him under this tree and he’ll take her home later.

The  thing is the relationship needs to be equal for it to work. He made an order to others to keep things from her. But relationships don’t work that way.

Spoiler

She finally called him by his name, Dong Hua in the final fight with Miao Luo. Symbolically, it means that they are finally equals. And that’s when they realise they both need each other badly. 

• Like 11

45 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

ETA : DH is causing a lot of marital disharmony because the husbands can't understand how they can ever compete with a True Male God. Mine jokingly asked if he should grow long white hair and wears purple for me to pay more attention to him. :joy:

A little cos play never hurts :naughty:

• LOL 6

@angelangie PETITION FOR Tencent to release the uncut version of Eternal Love of Dream

We have put up a petition for the producers to release the raw cut (thanks to @katfindlay who has spearheaded this initiative). Could you please put this up as a recommended post?

Our dear soompi forum members (lurkers or active readers), now is the time to put your social network to good use. Please use your social media links to blast this petition so we can reach as many people as possible. The petition is in both English and Chinese - so do connect with the Chinese fans as well!

Click on this link for the petition: https://www.change.org/p/tencent-video-tencent-to-release-the-uncut-version-of-eternal-love-of-dream

Edited: Now is the right time to quickly sign this petition and ensure it has a snowball effect as the show is coming to an end this week on the normal channel.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

He'll be sitting with her in class. Just that he'll be invisible, hahaha!

@Zelnk Qing Qiu school has a new teacher, hehehe

We all know he's the king of ice glares. He'll be visibly staking his claim on his wife and scaring all the male class mates (I imagine him sitting off to the corner in class cleaning his sword) :joy:

Edit. If I was good at making vids. I'd make one of DJ to One Direction..Steal my girl  :joy: that is the root of his jealously anyway. :phew:

• LOL 7

Here's a vid of ELOD sandart. I really loved the bath scene and the one where he meets her again to give her the ring he looked sad but the sandart was nice :tears:.

Pillow Book Sandart <3

This is a vid of Pian Pian (Acoustic) it sounds really nice. If anyone's interested I will link it below. Enjoy :wub:

The Pillow Book Ost - Dilraba ft Silence Wang - Pian Pian (偏偏) (Acoustic Cover)

Vengo-Anime.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 3

Hi, girls :smile: I started yesterday to binge the drama. I am now at ep 9. Overall, I do enjoy it, but there are some things i don't like. 

1. The fact that FJ met DH while she was working as a maid. 

2. The costumes look so cheap sometimes, and the choice of colors is terrible. The fake wedding of DH & JH had horrible costumes, Chen Yu is also dressed in a cheap dress etc. 

3. I don't like what happend to Ji Heng...why all that drama with losing the memory? Too many telenovela tropes. Why they complicated the things?

What i like:

1. FJ is absolutely adorable :heart::heart: 

2. I prefer this version of DH. He is a way more interesting character than in TMOPB.

3. All the demon lords are sexy af :joy::joy:

Starting the mortal arc now...i wonder how it will be:blush: 

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, SC2019 said:

Yes - I was also wondering why he did that! More efficient to leave it open, is it? But how is that different when she was lying semi-comatose for 3 months before, he had to feed her daily too..

And also he why during 3 months he didn't bother to change his blood stained cloth..

As for food essential...despite only have 10% fairy energy..it still extremely high compared to others immortal so he can go on without food for longest time.

PB 1 page 120  (DH, baby fox and Jiheng trapped in Wicked Lotus Sephere)

Donghua meditated each day. Jiheng was the one to search for food (for baby fox). After
searching everywhere, she discovered that there were only yams in this
place. The princess’s cultivation would allow her to go one full year
without food, and there was no need to mention Donghua. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 3
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

sigh - it's under the list of what could have beens.... after all they took the liberty to add stuff in, they could have added in a little more flesh here and there. For myself, I would have loved to see BGG covering his mother's quilt, and eventhough it's said that FJ is cold, once she decides to cut someone off, she does so...but in all honesty I would have loved to see her look a little despondence in once scene in the mortal realm, maybe just as a small sign that she misses him (I recall she passed a comment that the son is like the father who likes salty food...but that's more reminiscent and not longing).

I think FJ manages her intense feelings for DH by disconnecting. That means she will not talk or think about him. Another method of managing the loss is by putting all her focus on BGG and the future. So reminiscing and talking about him is a no go!

Poor DH. He is the product of his environment and past history. He never had to really explain things to anyone. Based on his experience,  all he has to do is fix the problem.  

So he continues what he knows best. Just like in episode 44, around the time he announced to FJ, he will marry her, DH tells her not to worry about anything and he will get them out of AY's dream.

As long as FJ tells him what he needs to do, I believe DH will learn.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, rapo65 said:

Hi, girls :smile: I started yesterday to binge the drama. I am now at ep 9. Overall, I do enjoy it, but there are some things i don't like. 

1. The fact that FJ met DH while she was working as a maid. 

2. The costumes look so cheap sometimes, and the choice of colors is terrible. The fake wedding of DH & JH had horrible costumes, Chen Yu is also dressed in a cheap dress etc. 

3. I don't like what happend to Ji Heng...why all that drama with losing the memory? Too many telenovela tropes. Why they complicated the things?

What i like:

1. FJ is absolutely adorable :heart::heart: 

2. I prefer this version of DH. He is a way more interesting character than in TMOPB.

3. All the demon lords are sexy af :joy::joy:

Starting the mortal arc now...i wonder how it will be:blush: 

They did met..but without eyes contact.. since DH concerntration only on her sweet and sour fish.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

@SC2019 Oh, it is just the BTS of them singing on set. His passing remark of Heaven Dog Eating Star is so 冷. Hahaha...

You are right about not burdening his wife with the matters of the eight realms. At least his reason is solid. I am glad they didn't use a complete noble idiocy trope on him although it is getting close.

What's this..or what does it mean?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

What's this..or what does it mean?

It is a well known legend in Chinese culture explaining the solar eclipse. The believe was that a legendary beast called the Heavenly Dog is thought to be eating the sun when solar eclipse happens.

The clip from the BTS is the scene when they were watching shooting stars. So our dear V just blurbed out Heavenly Dog Eating Stars...errr... which doesn't make sense. That's why Reba have always said that his jokes are cold...

• Like 2
  • LOL 10

2 hours ago, bertrande said:

haha exactly.  And arguably the time used to dress and undress the wound would have decreased the efficiency!  Well I guess because he's Dijun, he is allowed to do whatever he pleases.  I am also curious about Qinan palace - if both Shen Ye and DH (as Xize) were going in and out of the place, how come there was so limited interaction between the two?  I know SY was under house arrest by the time DH decided to construct the mini Miaohua mirror but would have thought they would see each other more prior to that. :huh:

With DH jealousy ..it actually a good thing .

remember this..

• LOL 14

12 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

It is a well known legend in Chinese culture explaining the solar eclipse. The believe was that a legendary beast called the Heavenly Dog is thought to be eating the sun when solar eclipse happens.

The clip from the BTS is the scene when they were watching shooting stars. So our dear V just blurbed out Heavenly Dog Eating Stars...errr... which doesn't make sense. That's why Reba have always said that his jokes are cold...

Is this BTS the same one Reba's sang with translation captions  "you're my destiny"?

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Is this BTS the same one Reba's sang with translation captions  "you're my destiny"?

Sorry don't remember the caption on the vid but the seen was in it, going to YouTube to look for it

Edit....Sorry couldn't find it on YouTube but for any one out there who wants to re-watch episode 47 and 48 YouTube live will begin in 4 hrs. Happy watching.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I found these pix I thought it was cute so I made a collage I think the words are in Korean. Hope you like it.

The-Pillow-Book.jpg

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

15 hours ago, Lady.Nimue said:

Mymy, I've been scrolling this forum for a while that I didn't notice the time. Kinda looking for the Vengo and Reba cut of VLove link. Does anyone know where that page is?

@jimmylyne thanks for sharing the Vlove cut, this scene also state the situation like FJ and DH — The girl like the boy (Vengo) but the boy has 2 girlfriends before he finally wants to be with the girl (Reba). And this was the first screen kiss that they share.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Poor DH. He is the product of his environment and past history. He never had to really explain things to anyone. Based on his experience,  all he has to do is fix the problem.  

So he continues what he knows best. Just like in episode 44, around the time he announced to FJ, he will marry her, DH tells her not to worry about anything and he will get them out of AY's dream.

As long as FJ tells him what he needs to do, I believe DH will learn.

Exactly, DH just needs someone to point out to him what are alternative ways of handling things, and he would probably listen to FJ. I think no one else would dare to reprimand/advise him - except maybe Lian Song. (recall the scene where he was talking to Zhe Yan about a marriage vow/promise and DH told him "I thought you are here to reproach me" and ZY said "In this entire world, who would dare do that?" DH was the former supreme lord of the world, his word is law and people bow to him in obeisance, so why would he think that he needs to change his approach?

Personally for me though (my two cents' worth), FJ also had an important lesson to learn (fine, she's a college going kid and may not know the importance of 'seeking to understand the other person first, before being understood' and she may not have the greatest self-esteem having gone through all she did) but I feel that she also contributed to the problem by not really seeing things as they are, but choosing to see things from her lens of the world. After all, it takes two hands to clap, so both have their part to play....

And finally (as someone in the forum said) - Are we forgetting that without such folly/plot from Tang Qi, they wouldn't end up having to suffer and reconcile, and we wouldn't have a drama to watch.:blush:

• Like 14