[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

8 minutes ago, bertrande said:

The only reason why I want to watch it is because someone (can't remember whether it was him in an interview or someone else) said he acted as a big villain in that show so I want to see how that worked out for him.

Last time I checked, it was not fully subbed. If watching raw is ok with you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

The styling is probably inspired by 东方不败 but Brigitte Lin looks 1000x better if so. This is just awful. However.....at least his chest is more exposed!!!

i find that DH in TQ's book illustration is so sexy with his flowing low cut robes that sways with his shape. In ELOD, his costumes were just too prudish! Layered and collared up to the neck. Imagine him with a similar low cut purple satin robe...oh la la...

I can't type it in Chinese on PC. That's why I used Pin Yin hahaha.

Yes I love his look in the pictorial book! Very lovely! Also the water colour art just make it look really flowy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I can't type it in Chinese on PC. That's why I used Pin Yin hahaha.

Yes I love his look in the pictorial book! Very lovely! Also the water colour art just make it look really flowy.

I think TQ herself imagined him to be a hot hunk with a huge trunk?

In the adaptation, he turned into a prudish old grunt. Argh...

• LOL 8

Wow, we are gaining traction! Close to 2,500, last few hours we got the support of the Thai fans! FYI, someone on the Change.org site who is part of the Dongfeng shipper group said they forwarded this petition to the Tencent people. Fingers crossed someone is taking action on it. Anyone know the Korean fans??

d0123a1e4dfb13df.JPG

• Like 11
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

7 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

I think TQ herself imagined him to be a hot hunk with a huge trunk?

In the adaptation, he turned into a prudish old grunt. Argh...

She described him as a 很俊的美男子。Hence his clothes matches his face and body hahaha in the pictorial books for sure :).

• Like 2
  • Naughty 2

28 minutes ago, pawla said:

which one do you think?:joy:

Well it depends. In the books, I would say in any one of the instances in the Holy Blue Sea. A lot of action happened there in the books.

For the show, most plausible based on show's timeline is at Tai Chen Palace. There is no way it's before Aranya's dream, that one is purely kissin :blush:.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I wonder what DH thoughts were, when he heard his child is named Bai Gun Gun?

It's only his "little" name, kind of like the nickname people call their children with. His formal name has not been given yet.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

I was rewatching E49 and 50 with Eng subs and I just wanted to say watching DH help JuNuo get up and thank So Moye was refreshing for me, it showed that he has humility (he acknowledged the sacrifice the tribe was making and in helping her get up, with his stature, shows he is coming down to her level too, to be allies) plus a humane side to DH that I rarely get to see. That he could tell Su Moye "it's not selfish motives (that you had) but just that you were pursuing the truth" felt like he was offering a little comfort, knowing the pain that Su Moye must have felt in finding out the truth. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

I was rewatching E49 and 50 with Eng subs and I just wanted to say watching DH help JuNuo get up and thank So Moye was refreshing for me, it showed that he has humility (he acknowledged the sacrifice the tribe was making and in helping her get up, with his stature, shows he is coming down to her level too, to be allies) plus a humane side to DH that I rarely get to see. That he could tell Su Moye "it's not selfish motives (that you had) but just that you were pursuing the truth" felt like he was offering a little comfort, knowing the pain that Su Moye must have felt in finding out the truth. 

I was thinking that it is out of character for DJ to help Junuo get up. Wonder, why they deviate from his character. 

This series is pretty inconsistent. Luckily, i read the novel and the answer is already in my head. I kinda patched up the gap with information from the book.  But for non-reader, it must be frustrating. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

My take for it is that he, and FJ, also owes the tribe an indirect apology. The Fanyin Valley lost its three other seasons after Aranya's death. Shen Ye was supposed to be Miao Lou deterrent while DH sleeps, but he instead lived in the dream of bringing back Aranya.

I liked that part, too. I wonder though how would it be if there was a scene too between FJ and Junou after the dream. Junou after all, kind of thought FJ familiar the first time she saw her when she fell in Fanyin Valley.

DH knows where credit is due, and that he appreciates what Junou and her clan will be doing, and the contributions of Su Moye. DH and FJ are the same on this, they return favours and debts of gratitude.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

My take for it is that he, and FJ, also owes the tribe an indirect apology. The Fanyin Valley lost its three other seasons after Aranya's death. Shen Ye was supposed to be Miao Lou deterrent while DH sleeps, but he instead lived in the dream of bringing back Aranya.

I liked that part, too. I wonder though how would it be if there was a scene too between FJ and Junou after the dream. Junou after all, kind of thought FJ familiar the first time she saw her when she fell in Fanyin Valley.

DH knows where credit is due, and that he appreciates what Junou and her clan will be doing, and the contributions of Su Moye. DH and FJ are the same on this, they return favours and debts of gratitude.

DH actually praised the flute piece he was playing. He actually sent Zi He to be taught by the West Sea King in the show, who is Su Mo Ye's dad. I figured he thought Su Mo Ye was well raised so it will benefit his God Sister hahaha. So I agree with you there on giving credit where credit is due.

Junuo already  made up for being a bad princess. She changed and imprisoned her mother, Qing Hua after realising that her children became her pawns. Plus she and her son both died to Miaoluo.

• Like 5

@Ninky Sadly, Zhi He is a hopeless case. Not at all refined, no manners either. Begs the question, how did she grow under DH's supervision? Hahaha. She did wrong two prominent members of Fox clan: FJ almost got stabbed by her if not by Cheng Yu intervening, then Ali roughly pushed aside while she's warning off FJ from her "isho".

Who's the first child of Junou though? I think it wasn't cleared in the book or in the series. Or who are Jielu's parents. Is she the daughter of He, or Changdi?

• LOL 3

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@Ninky Sadly, Zhi He is a hopeless case. Not at all refined, no manners either. Begs the question, how did she grow under DH's supervision? Hahaha. She did wrong two prominent members of Fox clan: FJ almost got stabbed by her if not by Cheng Yu intervening, then Ali roughly pushed aside while she's warning off FJ from her "isho".

Who's the first child of Junou though? I think it wasn't cleared in the book or in the series. Or who are Jielu's parents. Is she the daughter of He, or Changdi?

Jielu is a paternal side cousin, from Meng Shao's dad side of the family. The book did not mention the first child she gave birth to. It was illegitimate so that child was likely adopted out and covered up.

• Like 2