[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Is anyone else also really looking forward to watching Liu Ruilin as Yan Chiwu/Xiao Yan? I thought he was really cute as Sixtheenth Disciple Zi Lan, and he was also cute in The Flame’s Daughter (only watched bits). ^_^ I’ll be honest - in the book, i sometimes found Xiao Yan annoyingly dumb so i didn’t care much about him. But with Liu Ruilin casted, this changes things! Not only do i think he’s perfect for the role, i also think he’ll make Xiao Yan cuter, sweeter and less annoying. I think i have a little soft spot for him because he’s always playing a sweet male side characrer. I’m already sad that he’s going to get his heart broken by Ji Heng!

Eternal+Love+Stars+in+The+Pillow+Book.pn

• Like 3

@jimmylyne It’s one of soompi forum rules. You can click “The Rules” blue tab above if you want to know more. The specific rule reads: 

“4. Do not quote pictures or long posts.   Instead, remove images in your quotes. Quotes do not count towards the 20-character limit rule. If you're going to quote a picture or post, say something about it. If a quote is too long (more than 10 lines), only quote a subsection of the text. Quoted pictures set in spoiler tags are considered a violation as well.   Threads that are meant solely for pictures belong in the k-entertainment general discussion.”

You did well  @Cedric Ong for the quick reply. 

@redfoxprincess I also liked Liu Ruilin as 16th in TMOPB. I liked his love story with the demon princess Yan Zhi. I didn’t find him handsome there as well as in Flame’s Daughter. But seeing his photos for Pillow Book, I say that he has the looks for the role of Yan Chiwu/Xiao Yan who was described in the book as quite handsome. I think he looks better in black and his makeup and hair suits him as compared to those 2 dramas I mentioned earlier where he wore white and his hair was tied in a tight topknot. 

I wonder if the drama will follow the book that his heart would be broken by Jiheng. It wasn’t clear in the book what happened to him and Jiheng in the end. Jiheng was brought back to the Demon Realm to recuperate after DH cured her of the Qiushui poison while Yan Chiwu went into coma after he lost in a battle on his way to deliver DH letter to FJ. (That precious letter could have explained DH delay for the wedding and saved our DongFeng from too much heartache. But well, it gave us one hell of a rollercoaster ride that made me not want to stop reading until I reached the end. ;)

I wish that in the drama, Xiao Yan and Jiheng will be given a decent love story ending. This the good girl in me saying. However.... sorry but I am tempted to be a bad girl on this matter. LOL :D :ph34r: Coz I really hated Jiheng for what she did to break FJ and DH. Gosh, she made my blood boil! She was fine in the beginning but when she fell in love with DH, she became irrational and foolish. :angry: Committing suicide and abusing DH’ promise to her father in order to ask DH to back out from marrying FJ is utterly base, disgusting, shameless, despicable and contemptible. The lowest of the low. I feel that Yan Chiwu is too good for her. So I rather want Yan Chiwu to be paired with someone who deserved him coz I agree that he’s an honorable man and sweet. (He was only provoked by thick-skinned DH to challenge him to a fight.) And for Jiheng to be banished somewhere to reform. Or maybe they can turn her into some enchanted object. A doormat would be good. :P

@karinos, I bet this forum will have a lot of traffic once the drama will be aired. Excitement is overflowing already even this early. 

• Like 3

@junerain7 So sorry for being acted(undelibarately).."ignorance of basic procedures":sweatingbullets:..Thanks for explanation..very much appreciated..to be frankly I didn't even read the rules and procedures..just jumped in/sign up due to the excitement discovered this very Fun entertainingly enjoyable Forum and just joining not so long ago (July 25th 2018) sign up especially for 3L3W PB only(for now)..my posts only for beloved DongFeng couple :lol:..SO once again...Thanks.

Look like you are so passionately hate JiHeng ...and yes me too..i detest her "manipulative ways".

@redfoxprincess Wayne Liu was indeed a cutie. beautiful boy..I believe his character as Xiao Yan really fit him well.

As for Xiao Yan personality..he is guite dumb..FJ's pov "Yan Chiwu was pretty stupid. He is lucky she didn't bullies him". As one of Demon Lord he was reckless and childish..it's remind me of one incident when he fell off the stairs because of DH's "hand slipped" and "flying vessel" happened...I love it when DH was being jealous:D

PS: Happy belated birthday to your kid..wishing all the best!!

• Like 1

@jimmylyne  No need to be sorry to me dear. I feel you about the excitement. I was actually like you when I first joined soompi. I only became aware of the rules when the moderators issued warnings in the forum I used to join. Since then, I’ve been cautious too. 

Saw these pictures in facebook and it reminded meof our baby fox. If her baby fox image will look anything close to these, I’ll be smitten too. :wub: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I am still at awe to see that this forum already have 39 pages and yet, the drama is still a year away from broadcasting. It is proof how much attention and excitement Pillow Book drama get. But it also makes me anxious. Cause it also means that much pressure for the drama to be good. *fingers crossed* 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, akkarin said:

I am still at awe to see that this forum already have 39 pages and yet, the drama is still a year away from broadcasting. It is proof how much attention and excitement Pillow Book drama get. But it also makes me anxious. Cause it also means that much pressure for the drama to be good. *fingers crossed* 

I know right?? It's going to be soo exciting when they release the drama next year. I'm saying that I will wait for the first couple of episodes... but knowing me I might just jump right into watching it and waiting for the next episode like crazy :joy:

• Like 3

I'm so excited I don't want to wait until dic 2019 :tears: !! And yes I bet therthere are alot of expectations for this drama, as some of you said before, i was also concern about vengo as acting but after I saw the picture when he is looking xiaobai at the festival , I calm down the quimestry between them still there ,I know this drama is gonna be good! I'm more worried about the mortal realm story ,I hope it doesn't Take to long 

• Like 3

I'm worried about the mortal realm too. I hope it only takes just a few episodes. I prefer DH with silver hair and purple robe.  

Btw have you seen a scene where vengo is pointing a sword to the sky and screaming? I think he was playing as Chen Ye there. I'm cringing when I saw it. It was awful. Vengo looks like he is in agony but also trying to suppress a laugh at the same time. I hope the director will have another take for this scene. 

I'll try to find the link again. I'll post it here when I find it. 

• Like 3

Based on everyone's thoughts, Vengo's acting could go either really well or really badly. I'm kinda anticipating whether or not he'll be able to carry this show since he is playing more than one character.  Chemistry with Reba can only take them so far as a drama couple but of course I want them to do well. Crossing my fingers for this one since it is near and dear to my heart :heart: DongFeng forevahhhh!!!

• Like 4

Hi, nice to meet you all. I'm new here, I just made an account to spazz about our DongFeng Couple ❤ 

8 hours ago, pawla said:

I'm worried about the mortal realm too. I hope it only takes just a few episodes. I prefer DH with silver hair and purple robe.  

Btw have you seen a scene where vengo is pointing a sword to the sky and screaming? I think he was playing as Chen Ye there. I'm cringing when I saw it. It was awful. Vengo looks like he is in agony but also trying to suppress a laugh at the same time. I hope the director will have another take for this scene. 

I'll try to find the link again. I'll post it here when I find it. 

I dont know if this is the scene you're talking about or not, I found it when browsing on weibo

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4297338698374257

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Thanks 3

@Sisca_TVXQ welcome on board!! Thanks for sharing the video.

@pawla regarding the scene with Vengo as Chen Ye... is it the same scene that our fellow followers (Sisca) just posted? If so...can't say it terrible or anything.. I am so bias towards Vengo or to be precise to our precious Donghua..but to be fair..since this scene was still Raw without final edits from the respective Editors..or the productions can use another angle from other camera( in my knowledge there was more than one camera in every scene..from up front..back and side or even up above (4 angles ).Just hoping the director or Editors know how to make it  look "Good"...

We all here as DongFeng lover..have a very high expectations for this Drama and frequently there is a comments and doubts about Vengo acting..to be frankly yes..me too..but then I have to console my self by staring at DongFeng scene at the Maiden Festival and the way they look at each..held hands..strong chemistry between Vengo/Reba as DongFeng.. so dear friend..dont worry or anxious..(hehehe console you also console myself)..just hope and pray this Drama would be successfully succeeding.

• Like 4

I'm also worried about the story as well, based on several fancams that I see, I think they change the story on mortal world...and Ji heng is there as well ?

Spoiler

On novel Dong Hua never went to mortal world, how they're gonna make Dong Hua forget his experience on mortal world? In his mind the first time he met Feng jiu is in Qing Qiu...

@Sisca_TVXQ Hi,  welcome aboard. Yes that's the video I was talking about. 

@jimmylyne I'm confused why they have to use the same actor as Chen Ye.  Chen Ye doesn't have many scenes in Aranya's dream. Besides won't the people in Aranya's dream notice the similarities between Xize and Chen Ye? The only difference is their hair color. Thanks for consoling me. Yes... I'm putting so much hope on the strong chemistry between Vengo and Reba.  

Tell you the truth, I don't like the mortal world storyline in TMOPB.  I'm not sure I'm gonna like it in the pillow book either. 

2 hours ago, pawla said:

@Sisca_TVXQ Hi,  welcome aboard. Yes that's the video I was talking about. 

@jimmylyne I'm confused why they have to use the same actor as Chen Ye.  Chen Ye doesn't have many scenes in Aranya's dream. Besides won't the people in Aranya's dream notice the similarities between Xize and Chen Ye? The only difference is their hair color. Thanks for consoling me. Yes... I'm putting so much hope on the strong chemistry between Vengo and Reba.  

Tell you the truth, I don't like the mortal world storyline in TMOPB.  I'm not sure I'm gonna like it in the pillow book either. 

I don't mind Vengo portray Chen Ye.. because Aranya was also portrays by Reba..As for the similarities Xize and Chen Ye in Aranya Dream..I think there was an explanation(read it somewhere in the bòok...maybe if I find the excerption..I will post it)why people from Aranya dream didn't see/know a similarities ..if not mistaken it's because of Donghua "spells" when he and FJ enter the dream   Donghua made a "mind trick'" or deceiving spells..mean every people's(exception for FJ and Su Moye because they are both from another world) from Aranya Dream see Xixe's face from Aranya Dream not Donghua face..there was also an explanation why only FJ and Su Moye can see Donghua face..but didn't recognize/remember Donghua face or appearances  because of the "glitch" when they enter Aranya Dream.

TMOPB..Mortal realm...I have two different feels.. watched very "Heartwrenching" love story of DongFeng inside the Haven palace..my heart was a bit an ease when in mortal world the supposed DH incarnation treat FJ more caring and sweet..BUT...when i Read the books their love story was totally different...I don't like mortal realm in TMOPB because they make FJ as a concubine to The emperor with so many wives.. i love DongFeng love story in PB because of the fact they were both still innocent and pure...(DH as old as time but still remain a Virgin and FJ..eventhough she a widow but still a Virgin):lol::blush:..So i curious about this Drama Mortal realm..Crown Prince and FJ???..

• Like 2