[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

11 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

Si Ming eating Sweet and Sour fish scene. Vengo said SM did so well and his acting was hilarious. He tried so hard to bear the laughs but eventually laughed until his wig split open. It was the summer months when they were filming so the wig rips apart easily.

Thanks for translating this interview. I saw a few bts where Vengo would kind of press is temples together. He usually did this when he was in a group with Lian Song & Si Ming. I never understood why he did that. But, thanks to you know I now he was trying to stop his wig from falling apart hahaha. :D:D

I cant believe I waited forever for this drama to air and it ending in 2 days. It seemed to have aired so fast and now I'm afraid to let DHFJ go. I will never forget the first time I seen them together. It was magical. They were spinning in the air with the wind fluttering through the trees. And the beautiful bgm playing. I'm gonna miss them and this thread so much. :love: Thanks to everyone here for giving me such a great experience. To be able to watch and share your thoughts on one of my fav couples playing out one of my fav books.

• Like 3
  • Love 5

22 minutes ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Guys I have this weird feeling that ending with everyone together again is still a dream. Like something donghua imagines as the camera then shows fengjiu still in a coma state. Since fengjiu injuries basically killed her, if zheyan didnt get to her quick enough her body and soul would have disappeared right there and then. It must of been very serious since even zheyan was like fengjiu must have amazing luck to still survive. But its important to know that nobody knows when fengjiu would fully recover. It might be in years, thousands of years, 100 thousand years into the future. That's why it was such sad but beautiful ending. She spents thousands of years waiting for donghua and now he will wait forever, never stop his eternal love of her. It goes well with title ' Eternal love of dream' with fengjiu in a dream like state and the love between them will forever be eternal. I found it really poetic. But then again they could just give the happily ever after version.

I also have that feeling because I think there is not plenty of time and doing that would feel that rush and would be a very touching final , if they do that  I hope at the end they show a scene of fengjiu a opening  his eyes  at least , but at the same time noo they both have suffered  also suffered a lot  those 200 years when they were apart to keep them wating more years ... is so sad :tears:   I still think they translated the drama name just to try to follow the franchise name: "eternal love" ten miles of peach blossom , eternal love of dream 

• Sad 6
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Guys I have this weird feeling that ending with everyone together again is still a dream. Like something donghua imagines as the camera then shows fengjiu still in a coma state. Since fengjiu injuries basically killed her, if zheyan didnt get to her quick enough her body and soul would have disappeared right there and then. It must of been very serious since even zheyan was like fengjiu must have amazing luck to still survive. But its important to know that nobody knows when fengjiu would fully recover. It might be in years, thousands of years, 100 thousand years into the future. That's why it was such sad but beautiful ending. She spents thousands of years waiting for donghua and now he will wait forever, never stop his eternal love of her. It goes well with title ' Eternal love of dream' with fengjiu in a dream like state and the love between them will forever be eternal. I found it really poetic. But then again they could just give the happily ever after version.

Noooo I hope not! It makes me really sad to think of it that way. 

But then I got happy again when I thought about the mini epilogues that Tang Qi and other fans wrote about FJ and DH and their son. So it makes me believe that they do get a happy ending in the end anyway. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, BaiZiHua said:

Thanks for translating this interview. I saw a few bts where Vengo would kind of press is temples together. He usually did this when he was in a group with Lian Song & Si Ming. I never understood why he did that. But, thanks to you know I now he was trying to stop his wig from falling apart hahaha. :D:D

I cant believe I waited forever for this drama to air and it ending in 2 days. It seemed to have aired so fast and now I'm afraid to let DHFJ go. I will never forget the first time I seen them together. It was magical. They were spinning in the air with the wind fluttering through the trees. And the beautiful piano bgm playing. I'm gonna miss them and this thread so much. :love: Thanks to everyone here for giving me such a great experience. To be able to watch and share your thoughts on one of my fav couples playing out one of my fav books.

DH was interested with FJ from the very first time they met in TMOPB, LOL

1. He only let go after FJ stopped hugging him. Never mind that ascerbic tone of him asking when she'll stop hugging him.

2. The way he asked who is Zhe Yan to her. 

3.  Him asking whether FJ ascended to being a high immortal is his subtle way of checking her age.

4. The stares ;)

DH and FJ are my favourites in TMOPB, and I'm glad that in their very own story ELOD, Vengo and Reba reprised their roles. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Guys I have this weird feeling that ending with everyone together again is still a dream. 

1 hour ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

I also have that feeling because I think there is not plenty of time and doing that would feel that rush and would be a very touching final

sigh I know it makes sense but I’m hoping against hope. It’s such an overused and stale technique and I guess I just want them to have a “real” happy ending after all the misunderstandings that they have had. :cry:

• Like 5

@jimmylyne Haha, DH is such a tease. Never ever make fun of a girl's weight! She ain't heavy, she's my wife!!

@BaiZiHua You're welcome. It's a pleasure doing the translation for everyone so our love for ELOD deepens!

I was watching some snippets of our Dongfeng couple in TMOPB. While I agree that I did fell in love with them there, I have to admit that DH is super mean to FJ. He outright rejected her due to his belief that they were not fated and that he removed his name from that stupid stone. TMOPB took away DH's core character of not giving a damn about anything. They rewrote him and it's hard to forgive the writers for butchering his character.

The scene that broke my heart the most was when FJ came to him and actually BEGGED him to marry her.

FJ : I beg you, please marry me.

DH : Will not marry

FJ : My father....my father came to beg you to marry me, still won't you marry me?

(She was crying at the thought that her dear father, a man of honor and integrity subjected himself to such humiliation to beg this man to marry his daughter).

DH : Will not marry. Leave now and don't ever come back.

I hated DH so much here. The writer made him such a jerk. So I am so happy that we get ELOD. The DH is TMOPB, forget about him. He is so NOT WORTH it.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

DH was interested with FJ from the very first time they met in TMOPB, LOL

1. He only let go after FJ stopped hugging him. Never mind that ascerbic tone of him asking when she'll stop hugging him.

2. The way he asked who is Zhe Yan to her. 

3.  Him asking whether FJ ascended to being a high immortal is his subtle way of checking her age.

4. The stares ;)

DH and FJ are my favourites in TMOPB, and I'm glad that in their very own story ELOD, Vengo and Reba reprised their roles. 

when doghua meet her for the first time when he asks her who is she from zheyan and she replied im qingqu Bai fengjiu to me he made a face like acknowledgement I liked to think that maybe he when he delete his name from that stupid rock he saw her name write next to his so when he meet her he new she was the one that was meant to him that would make their plot more tragic haha donghua punishment for avoid his destiny  he still  ended meeting her fated one, falling for her , but had to let her go as a result from his choices , then when a god asked him if he has meet a calamity he replies:" i should say so, the punishment of one`s heart"

• Like 9

@Yori Ten

Same here, that scene really hurts. And the interaction afterwards of Bai Yi and his daughter. She cried so bitterly.:bawling:

The last few weeks of ELOD will probably be a cry fest. Hoping for a good, satisfying ending for the DH, FJ, and BGG. For real, not one or both dreaming after the last battle with ML.  

• Like 7

13 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Something related to this? ..no? ( I copy paste your previous post)

he mentioned there were some scenes which he liked which didn't make the cut. Maybe then the director's cut edition will feature the uncut version

Maybe there will be a special edition that will focus on just the main couple with extra scenes like what Tencent did for The Untamed with the 20-episode Special Edition. I am hoping that the fandom can ask for it.  Fandom can be really influential.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

I'm so glad they change DH hairstyle for ELOD. In TMOPB his hair (2 antenna) is sticking out in front of the ears which makes his face look bigger. Im glad that they tuck them behind his ears in ELOD. 

I'm also glad that they replaced the actor/actresses for some of the characters. ELOD Zhe Yan and Chen Yu are more good looking than the TMOPB one, they look more like uncle and aunty. 

Finally one more day to go!!! I hope they release more goodies today and tomorrow while we wait. 

• LOL 3

Does anyone have the link to the extended vid clip of the actors miming to the hu li zha yan jing song (fox blinking eye song lol)? It’s a clip of I think DH, LS, CY etc doing the entire verse. (DH doesn’t mime the entire verse only the chorus IIRC). I showed it to my daughter one time and she loved it. Been asking to see it again but I can no longer find the link! Thanks!! :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

When Yehua died how many year does it take for him to revived again? A little bit over 200yrs? 223yrs? I can't remember much about YH/BQ in TMOPB bc my interest always on Dongfeng couple :D i still remember..its took me guite a while to stop mourn about the stupid fates or more precisely stupid scripts ...the heartbreaking ending of Dongfeng. 

The best news ever..when Guangre reprise their roles in ELOD..and here i am..fangirling over Dongfeng at full forces. :wub:

FJ was fatally injured or dying...so i hope it only took a few years instead of thousands (as you predicted) for her to wake up/recover..and there's also DH who still need his 100yrs sleep and still need to cure the poison/toxins in his body..instead of doing his 100yrs sleep like he always did after stabilize the Miaoluo's toxin..he taking care of FJ first which is good otherwise he won't meet his son BGG.

I really hope their family reunion wasn't just a dream. I wants it to be real..

• Like 5

I really hope the scene showing the three together is not just a dream. The tittle dream is more about they started dreaming of their moments, and with them coming to aranya dreams, they got their feeling and moments more real even with a lot of misunderstanding.

Pertaining to FJ injury, it was mentioned in book she will recover after few months of rest.

So cross-ringer for the happy ending scene...

• Like 7

I finally understood why TMOPB views could reach 30 billion when it finished airing and 50 billion per august 2018. Just look, how many streaming sites available? :sweatingbullets:

https://www.whatsonweibo.com/overview-chinas-2017-top-tv-dramas/

The success of this TV drama is partly linked to its timing; like many dramas in this list, the first episode was aired in the middle of the Spring Festival. Starring: Yang Mi, Mark Chao, Zhang Zhiyao, Dili Reba (also known as Dilraba Dilmurat), and Gao Weiguang (杨幂, 赵又廷, 张智尧, 迪丽热巴 高伟光). The show is broadcasted every day on Dongfang and Zhejiang TV, as well as on Youku, Tencent, iQiyi, LeTV, Sohu and PPTV.

• LOL 1
  • Insightful 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

I want to be an optimist so here's my take. Eternal Love of Dream is more about fulfilling a dream rather than having it end with a dream. Bai Feng Jiu have been dreaming about Dong Hua Di Jun to the point of worshiping him. She excelled in her studies when it comes to History of the Great Gods. During the bridge scene with DH at the Maiden Festival, she revealed that her classmates wanted to copy her homework because she is that good. She unabashedly  admitted that she likes him then and wanted to also like what he likes. Unfortunately, she found out that he likes fishing but the teacher didn't have such a class back then. She is the equivalent of idol worshiping fan girls in today's world. Hehe...

So, after much trials and tribulations, twists and turns she managed to capture his heart. It's a dream come true for our little nine tailed fox. The whole drama then is really about fulfilling one's dream is it not? Having one's dream come true doesn't come easily but once realized, they are sweet and beautiful. I want to believe that.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

6 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

I finally understood why TMOPB views could reach 30 billion when it finished airing and 50 billion per august 2018. Just look, how many streaming sites available? :sweatingbullets:

The success of this TV drama is partly linked to its timing; like many dramas in this list, the first episode was aired in the middle of the Spring Festival. Starring: Yang Mi, Mark Chao, Zhang Zhiyao, Dili Reba (also known as Dilraba Dilmurat), and Gao Weiguang (杨幂, 赵又廷, 张智尧, 迪丽热巴 高伟光). The show is broadcasted every day on Dongfang and Zhejiang TV, as well as on Youku, Tencent, iQiyi, LeTV, Sohu and PPTV.

No wonder! And i seem to recall there was no vvip? Just plain normal schedule.  Also everyday is more optimum...gives the audience anticipation for the next one.

spoilers somehow kills the excitement for me, specially the vvip.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Thanks for the great insight! I guess we can't compare their viewership since they started off with such an unequal footing. To have a achieved 5B views is a great feat so I am still happy. We still have 8 more episodes to go so I am sure the numbers will only keep on climbing.

However, my question is do they count the views from ep1 onwards? Because I have seen a lot of comments that said they will skip the mortal arc and start watching from ep24 only coz according to purists, that's when the real story starts. I wonder if this will affect the overall viewership?

@Zelnk I kinda agree with you. At this point we are all watching at different episodes. So, the discussions seems here and there. If we were all watching at the same pace, I am sure the discussion would have been more lively. We can speculate together, analyze together and have more input. I missed that about this forum where we dissect episodes bit by bit and come out with all sorts of sometimes funny and ridiculous comments!

• Like 1
  • Love 4