[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 hour ago, bertrande said:

Happy Monday all, can’t believe I binged watched 5 episodes yesterday! Already at 40 - how will I be able to wait until Thursday even if I watch the raw vids :bawling:

Loving it and getting so addicted - Vengo does a super job portraying CY (so far most of it still as the navy blue-clad current CY). Have a question (again!) though. SMY tells FJ that him coming back replaces the SMY in the dream. How come CY even as creator can come in and out without apparently taking over the character of the white-robed CY? Does he take over the character when he goes into the dream and the character resurfaces after he leaves or do the rules of the dream not apply to him?

Pacing of the story in this “life” feels a little slower than it could be to me; I feel, just as in the mortal arc, they could have found places to condense. Or maybe I am actually just missing Siming!! :lol:

I liked how Liansong explained everything to Meng Shao and YCW. Not sure if it is in the book but it adds perspective to the grand scheme of things as to how tenacious, focused, ambitious and powerful DH actually is. His 10% power is still more than other immortals’ 100%! Which contrasts very starkly with his petty nature when it comes to FJ (I keep rewatching the heartbreaking Ep34/35 bits and still get angry!). 

Dylan Kuo is so much more handsome on screen than in the stills and photos. And plays such a good foil too. Really enjoying his scenes with Reba - they play off each other very well and have great chemistry. The Cosplay scene was hilarious. I agree with one of the posters above that Prince Qing looked really cute sleeping although I shuddered at Chacha telling FJ he slithered round her the entire night. Does he get put in hibernation by DH or does he just get killed? Because SMY said he’ll be sleeping for a very long time but FJ later says she’s glad DH 干掉它 which suggests he’s dead? And rational me asked why isn’t he rotting lol. 

I think white robed CY were flashbacks :D

• Like 4

The drama was fast phased, I won't be surprised if their Qingqui to Bicang ceremony will only last below 20 min :expressionless: I think there is an episode that jaw my literally drop, realizing they covered most of the chapter of the book but the drama ep was so short :dizzy:

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, bertrande said:

Happy Monday all, can’t believe I binged watched 5 episodes yesterday! Already at 40.

I liked how Liansong explained everything to Meng Shao and YCW. Not sure if it is in the book but it adds perspective to the grand scheme of things as to how tenacious, focused, ambitious and powerful DH actually is. His 10% power is still more than other immortals’ 100%! Which contrasts very starkly with his petty nature when it comes to FJ.

Does he get put in hibernation by DH or does he just get killed? Because SMY said he’ll be sleeping for a very long time but FJ later says she’s glad DH 干掉它 which suggests he’s dead? And rational me asked why isn’t he rotting lol. 

You're getting closer to episode 42.:D

Just an added to LS story about DH . DH's sword Canghe..represents of 72 Generals who used to served under him...

Yan Chiwu collects 7000 an evil spirits when he had a duel with DH , and DH use his sword which is equal to the strength of 72 General and defeats 7000 evils spirits in the blink of the eyes..

DH is powerful almighty..the saviours of All Realms.( the worlds)

And his red golden blood..his mysterious origin..without mother nor father ...totally an awe by Tang qi..where did the idea came from?..i mean even Jesus christ have a mother.( i hope i didn't offended anyone:sweatingbullets:)

I thinks when SM says prince Qing wll be sleeping for a very long time. DH freezing it( like he did with the real XIze) not killed it...which reminds me..prince Qing look so real tho..

• Like 7

Thanks all for keeping the thread so lively, funny and insightful. Just kept up with reading your posts! :thumbsup:

I am on mobile so please excuse me that I can't multiquote. It's a pain. Haha..

Anyways, after reading through the posts, some of my thoughts.

Re: The prolonged mortal realm.

I read a very insightful posts on Weibo on why they felt the mortal realm took up so many episodes. Aside from the rumors that Angel Liu actually negotiated for her scenes to be added as a term for her to release the copyrights of PB, there is another insight which pointed to the development of DH's character.

Remember that DH has cold and calculated persona. So, by sending him to the mortal realm as Song Xuan Ren, viewers can relate to the later character development in him. We get a glimpse of DH who is totally different from when he was in Jiuchong Tien. Song Xuan Ren forshadowed DH's changes and how he would be like when he loves unconditionally. So, this transition help us understand how such a cold person initially can warm up so quickly to FJ. 

Re : When did DH fell in love with FJ?

I believe even TQ the author herself never did give us an asnwer. Personally, I would think that DH find FJ interesting and amusing at first. It is not until she came defending him in the batlle with ML and they did the beautiful sword dance (my absolute fav scene!!!!), that she moved his heart. Lying down together and him looking at her..thinking that people seek his protection all the time but this is the first time in his life that someone wanted to protect him instead. I think this is the time he truly felt she is the one and only. He's a goner right there and then.

• Like 10
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

46 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

You're getting closer to episode 42.:D

Just an added to LS story about DH . DH's sword Canghe..represents of 72 Generals who used to served under him...

The funny thing is, LS marvelled at the intricate and elaborate construction of Chang'he. LS thought that DH must have created the nooks and crooks within the sword hidden with all sorts of powerful mechanisms. LS lamented that the sword's upkeep is not easy at all.

DH nonchalantly replied that there is no such thing. He was just bored. :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

I like this promotional video the most. The interaction between them is so cute. PB is filmed in 2018. But this must be shot recently right? The part where song xuanren kiss xiaojiu, they look at each other. Glad they’re so comfortable with each other not feeling awkward at their kiss scene. IM a big fan of Reba, and what can i say from her recent interview she’s more mature than her earlier interview circa 2017. But when she’s with vengo, she became the same cheeky reba. Or im being delulu? :tounge_xd:

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

15 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Thanks all for keeping the thread so lively, funny and insightful. Just kept up with reading your posts! :thumbsup:

I am on mobile so please exxuse me that I can't multiquote. It's a pain. Haha..

Anyways, after reading through the posts, some of my thoughts.

Re: The prolonged mortal realm.

I read a very insightful posts on Weibo on why they felt the mortal realm took up so many episodes. Aside from the rumors that Angel Liu actually negotiated for her scenes to be added as a term for her to release the copyrights of PB, there is another insight which pointed to the development of DH's character.

Remember that DH has cold and calculated persona. So, by sending him to the mortal realm as Song Xuan Ren, viewers can relate to the later character development in him. We get a glimpse of DH who is totally different from when he was in Jiuchong Tien. Song Xuan Ren forshadowed DH's changes and how he would be like when he loves unconditionally. So, this transition help us understand how such a cold person initially can warm up so quickly to FJ. 

at the beginging i must admit that i didnt get why his mortal rencarnation was so different and it bothered me a little because i was thinking how fengjku is gonna love his rencarnation and suffer if   he is so different    now  it makes sense i always think in song xuan ren when i see this new side of Donghua, now i  understand song xuan ren  and cheng ye are a part of his characterer, even though i still think the mortal arc was way long that it should be ,if you  delate Jiheng scenes in the mortal arc the story doesnt change that much so i think it was both situations , but if the deal was more episodes for her im glad they did it at the beginnig and not at the end  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SC2019 said:

You know in E42, at around 33:03, when FJ sends DH/Xize off as he leaves, did you see her prancing around like a fox and offering her head to him to pat....I was so tickled with that, it's like she is back in Tai Chen Palace as the little red fox. :D

Yah...so sad no snake poison ala rare tonic, I wonder what it would have been like if they had taken that route?

Yes..agreed FJ looks ecstatically happy..she thoughts DH intends to pat her head but pat her shoulder instead..and said " be good/behave yourself" (*sigh* DH can be obtuse sometimes)

Master serpent's blood poison..

Even without that reason..we also got to see Dongfeng's intense kissed in the cave.

I don't know what happened if DH still use serpent's poison "love spell" as an excuses...my perverted mind say...we'll be served with Dongfeng's softcore scene in the cave ?:blush:

• LOL 3

6 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Actually yesterday when he is no.85 he is already on the same chart with Reba which is the Trending chart. Today he is back to Rising/Potential :tears:

Its the entertainment business, maybe he will rise again. I think PB will really give him more chance for other offers. It is difficult to portray 3 character in a series! Hats off to him.

also there are so many competitions out there! Its so difficult to maintain top be on the top.

• Like 7

On 3/2/2020 at 11:17 AM, Yori Ten said:

The funny thing is, LS marvelled at the intricate and elaborate construction of Chang'he. LS thought that DH must have created the nooks and crooks within the sword hidden with all sorts of powerful mechanisms. LS lamented that the sword's upkeep is not easy at all.

DH nonchalantly replied that there is no such thing. He was just bored. 

Donghua Dijun

The king wasn't much of a talker, but when he did talk his words pierced like a blade in his hand.

LS: Say, what exactly were you  thinking when you made the Cang'he sword? There is a crystal block the size of the palm, and you carved onto it 10,000 facets with 5000 holes of the exact size. Do you know how much effort i spent to maintain it? Is there some sort of hidden machinery?

DH dug into his memories.." There's no hidden machinery. I was merely bored"

LS: Even with that evil appearance, the entire world for some reason still praise you without fail.They all think you're  virtuous and upright. Not one soul has come to unmask you. Zhonglin couldn't have had an easy time . At the mention of whom, i wonder how he managed to put up with it until now".

DH mused" when you say it like this.."

LS: what 

DH: I agree he didn't have it easy.

:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

19 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

Its the entertainment business, maybe he will rise again. I think PB will really give him more chance for other offers. It is difficult to portray 3 character in a series! Hats off to him.

also there are so many competitions out there! Its so difficult to maintain top be on the top.

In an interview during TMOPB, Vengo said that he did a research on DH's character. He said that this character is one of the most revered and beloved and is very well known in the novel world. So, having the chance to potray this character is indeed a good opportunity to stand out and be recognized. As an actor, recognition is important because it wil pave ways for more good offers and that he can potray characters that he really wanted which to him is the most satisfaction from an actor's POV. 

There are a lot of new and upcoming actors and it is a cut throat industry. So he is thankful for being offered to potray DHDJ.

Btw, Vengo fans are called 甜甜圈. DONUT.

Hahaha, so sweet!! :lol:

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

DH nonchalantly replied that there is no such thing. He was just bored. :joy:

OH! I didn't realise that was in relation to the Cang'he sword!!  I thought he was talking about the short knife that LS made for Chengyu!  That just means...time to find the episode and rewatch it for the dialogue :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1