[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 hour ago, bertrande said:

3) And from the BTS: how come Su Moye is not called Mr. Su but Mr. Mo instead?  But the English subtitles still address him as Mr. Su...

Just like Xiangli Meng, they call him Meng-shao. (Xiangli is the family name, Meng is his first name)

For Su Moye, they call him Mo-shao.

If I'm not mistaken, shao 少 is short form for shaoye 少爷, which mean Young Master. CMIIW :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Guys, did you notice that so far the discrepancies and the things that don't make sense are much less than in TMOPB?

Also, when the drama is done airing, which will be the channel where views will still count? Cause I'm gonna watch a lot in the future, in order to contribute.

p.s. Does anyone know the number of views up-to-date?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, orenji_neko said:

Just like Xiangli Meng, they call him Meng-shao. (Xiangli is the family name, Meng is his first name)

For Su Moye, they call him Mo-shao.

If I'm not mistaken, shao 少 is short form for shaoye 少爷, which mean Young Master. CMIIR :)

Thanks for the clarification.  This shows I should start looking at the Mandarin subtitles more! :D  But IIRC, they also called Su Moye "Mo Xiansheng" apart from "Mo Shao"?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bertrande said:

Thanks for the clarification.  This shows I should start looking at the Mandarin subtitles more! :D  But IIRC, they also called Su Moye "Mo Xiansheng" apart from "Mo Shao"?

@orenji_neko got it right. Shao is a form of courtesy name usually for someone who is younger. Su Mo Ye - Su is the surname/family name. Mo Ye is his given name. So Mo Shao is an endearing name for him to refer to his status. Xiansheng is Mister. So Mr. Mo is a polite way of addresing him.

As with Yan Chi Wu is called Xiao Yan. FJ is called Xiao Bai. Xiao means little, also an endearing term.

Names can be confusing for non native speakers. Take the Untamed for instance, many intl viewers got so confused why the characters have so many names. Haha..for instance, Lan Zhan is also Lan Wang Ji is also Hanjun Gun. It's kinda complicated. 

I better stop before I confuse you even further! 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, taekwang said:

Thank you !!!!!!!

will try these out

I was watching untamed. Still at no 2 ... hopefully it gets better as I watch further 

I think that the backstory is until episode 11 If you want a faster version with extended scenes of the 2 leads, then watch the Special Edition.  The story is basically the same, but the focus is on the bromance or whatever that you call it. Here is a tip: watch the actions of the 2 characters that you think are useless.  They are not!

• Like 1

Guys, I think Tencent has released the instrumentals/background music. I don't know if it's okay to post the link here but you'll find it you type "Pillowbook ost instrumental" on youtube. It has 17 tracks. Unfortunately, @Yori Ten, the bgm for both the Miao Lu swordfight scene and Feng Jiu's daydreaming is not included. I was even looking forward for the bgm when Dijun saved Feng Jiu from the red beast.

Could anyone who speak/write Chinese please tell Tencent to consider releasing the other instrumentals because they're very beautiful. Kudos to the composer. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 6

7 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

@orenji_neko got it right. Shao is a form of courtesy name usually for someone who is younger. Su Mo Ye - Su is the surname/family name. Mo Ye is his given name. So Mo Shao is an endearing name for him to refer to his status. Xiansheng is Mister. So Mr. Mo is a polite way of addresing him.

As with Yan Chi Wu is called Xiao Yan. FJ is called Xiao Bai. Xiao means little, also an endearing term.

Names can be confusing for non native speakers. Take the Untamed for instance, many intl viewers got so confused why the characters have so many names. Haha..for instance, Lan Zhan is also Lan Wang Ji is also Hanjun Gun. It's kinda complicated. 

I better stop before I confuse you even further! 

haha thanks! Your explanation is not confusing as I am a native speaker as well.  It is more in contemporary mandarin, we often preface the surname with Mister rather than the given name so I was wondering why they would call SMY Mr. Mo (the first word of his given name) instead of Mr. Su (his surname).  Have to thank @orenji_neko for clarifying about the term of endearment though as I honestly thought Mo Shao was yet another name of his that's used in the novel LOL.  Like in a different guise (e.g. FJ also known as Jiuge in the Valley).

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bertrande said:

Yeah, I prefer to watch with chinese sub cause my listening isn't that good. But then I have to watch every episode twice - first time is to concentrate reading the sub, second time is to watch the drama :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 6

17 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

As at Feb 27 4.6 billions..not sure but someone mentioned it on twitter.

Its 4.7 for now, you could check here

https://m.v.qq.com/x/m/play?cid=vooy2m9hi5p1jqm&vid=&ref_pg=page_home_channel

The leaked eps really affects the total views :(

@Yori Ten Could you please check your inbox ? I want to ask something~ :thumbsup:

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, linh5000 said:

Did anybody ever wonder how they got out of that bathtub?? :ph34r: You know...together or separate?/ NO? Just me then.....:sweatingbullets::glasses:

Lolz, i think it would be steamy if they lip kissed in the bath tub then implying something happened there :D in my imagination...fj got out first :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

37 minutes ago, Kim_Shin said:

Guys, I think Tencent has released the instrumentals/background music. I don't know if it's okay to post the link here but you'll find it you type "Pillowbook ost instrumental" on youtube. It has 17 tracks. Unfortunately, @Yori Ten, the bgm for both the Miao Lu swordfight scene and Feng Jiu's daydreaming is not included. I was even looking forward for the bgm when Dijun saved Feng Jiu from the red beast.

Could anyone who speak/write Chinese please tell Tencent to consider releasing the other instrumentals because they're very beautiful. Kudos to the composer. 

Thanks! Will check it out. And what a shame, my fav BGM is not available. <_<

@Sisca_TVXQ Replied to you. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

Lolz, i think it would be steamy if they lip kissed in the bath tub then implying something happened there :D in my imagination...fj got out first :D

To add to your imagination, what kind of clothes do you think Vengo was wearing under the see-through water? :ph34r: White pants, perhaps?? :phew:

FJ's keep looking down there........most girls would be shy and look away or ^^ Up, but I've noticed she looked down...any thought? :blink:

• LOL 6

4 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

Yeah, ill be watching it again and again. But 4.7 billion views is not bad already right?

What? No! Always go for the maximum, PB has to beat TMOPB :D

Help, please! Which was the channel where views are being counted? Someone mentioned that WeTV with Eng subs is no use for official statistics.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3