[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

They are simply too adorable for words. Hahaha I remember thinking that DH's silk-robed in Eternal Love are so weird (especially when I just first saw the poster). It grew on me after a while though. 

This is the fan's account from yesterday (cr. Tieba).

GtHl46A.jpg

I use google translation and a chinese-viet translation website (dichtienghoa.com) and edited a bit to make it more readable. 

"Recently, the TV series " Three Lives, Three Worlds Pillow Book" starring Dilireba and Gao Weiguang is being filmed. This story tells the story of the two years of entanglement between Qingqiu’s Feng Jiu and Taichen Palace’s Dong Hua. Once the TV series started shooting, it was deeply expected by netizens.

Recently, some netizens met in the Hengdian Film and Television City to meet Dilireba and Gao Weiguang. On the same day, Dilireba was dressed in white costumes and dressed in a sleek manner. I saw her blowing a small fan to herself, and the staff arranged her hair behind her. Gao Weiguang in front of her is the same white costume, holding the script and chatting with Dilireba.

After the hairdressing was finished, Dilireba also took the script and read lines with Gao Weiguang. However, it seems that she has already memorize the lines from script. After only looking at it a few time, she handed the script to the assistant. Then she and Gao Weiguang listened carefully to the director’s lecture. Dilireba also demonstrated falling action according to the instructions of the director. The action was picked up by Gao Weiguang.

After the discussion for a long time, Dilireba and Gao Weiguang also seemed to be familiar with the scenes of the evening, but the director still kept talking, and Dilireba was quite cute and looked at the director. From time to time, grinning, it’s really a fascinating look!

After everyone finally discussed it, Gao Weiguang came to the side to sort out the dress and hairstyle. The official shooting began after everything was ready. I saw Dilireba drinking a boring wine in a pavilion. Then the palace lady came to report that Gao Weiguang came, she turned and wanted to meet, but she accidentally fell in front of the pavilion, and Gao Weiguang immediately caught her. Hug her in his arms.

When Gao Weiguang give Dilireba a hairpin and inserted it for her, Dilireba seemed too excited and fell again. Gao Weiguang was fast in catching her again."

One hundred home number [古月哥欠]

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@TVN So it was not only me who found it weird in the beginning. Actually it took awhile for TMOPB to grow on me. I especially found the dubbing weird. My friend who recommended it to me kept on prodding me to continue and I admit that I skipped several scenes then. I got hooked only when Yehua and Bai Qian’s story began. I was all for these two characters’ story. When I later read Pillow Book which is DH and FJ’s love story, I rewatched TMOPB for them. I wasn’t able to read the novel on TMOPB so I don’t know how much was altered for the drrama. How i wish I can get hold of its English translation. I will really appreciate if someone can share it with me.  

19 minutes ago, junerain7 said:

@TVN So it was not only me who found it weird in the beginning. Actually it took awhile for TMOPB to grow on me. I especially found the dubbing weird. My friend who recommended it to me kept on prodding me to continue and I admit that I skipped several scenes then. I got hooked only when Yehua and Bai Qian’s story began. I was all for these two characters’ story. When I later read Pillow Book which is DH and FJ’s love story, I rewatched TMOPB for them. I wasn’t able to read the novel on TMOPB so I don’t know how much was altered for the drrama. How i wish I can get hold of its English translation. I will really appreciate if someone can share it with me.  

For the TMOPB, i believe amazon has the translation. “To the sky kingdom” by tang qi. Drama is mostly faithful to the novel.  Really hoping the pillow book drama would also follow the novel and not deviate so much.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2018 at 10:12 AM, junerain7 said:

Hahaha I think most of us think the silk-robed is weird when we first saw it :lol:

Little fox can move! (with remote control)

https://vi-vn.facebook.com/vitoiyeuDongHoa/videos/2298460540182057/

DH: 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Xiao Yan stood waiting by staircase.He impatiently urged Fengjiu " Are we going or not?" If the cook can't make them in time, you'll have you make them for me!"At this very instant, a flying object whizzed at him and sent him stumbling down the stairs. After series of loud crashes, a furious growl shot upward " Which bastard tried to murder me?!"

The soup vessel that was in Dong Hua's hand had inexplicably disappeared. "Sorry, my hand slipped" he said gazing out absentmindedly. Ah Li with a mouthful of daikon cake cheered obsecurely "Whoa, it slipped pretty far!"

Lol..these scenes/parts in the novel always make me laughing so hard ..it's so entertainingly hilarious. how i love it.. when Dong Hua being sooo.. jealous. I hope this scene will be included in the drama.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

On 7/26/2018 at 4:28 PM, redfoxprincess said:

The actress playing the Demon Princess Ji Heng is Liu Yu Xin. It’s caused a huge stir in China because she was the person who initially bought the production rights to The Pillow Book from Tang Qi to create a drama. She was going to star herself as Feng Jiu and Kris Wu Yi Fan as Dong Hua. Basically, the whole of China was disgusted and pissed at her, and petitioned and threatened to boycott her. Firstly, people had already fallen in love with Dilraba & Vengo in 3L3W10MPB. Secondly, she is 30 (too old for Feng Jiu who is supposed to be about 16 or 18 in the book), and her image is not the pure and innocent type (see photo below). Because of the enormous backlash, earlier this year, she finally sold the rights to Penguin company. People in China then petitioned for Penguin to re-cast Dilraba & Vengo in the leading roles. But the 10MPB cast belongs to Yang Mi’s Jaywalk company. I’m sooo thankful that the 2 production companies have been able to agree to collaborate and re-cast Dilraba & Vengo. As expected, there would be actors and actresses from both companies. It would not surprise me if Liu Yu Xin sold the rights on the condition that, even if she can’t play Feng Jiu, she will still get a big role, which is why she now gets to play the enemy love rival Ji Heng. This is why I say she’s perfect for this role, since everyone hates her already. It may or may not be career-ending for her, but emotions will definitely be heightened by her presence. Pic of her:

U3987P28T3D3502831F326DT20111208180031.j

All I can say is that her stylist should be fired.

• LOL 1

On 6/30/2018 at 6:26 PM, redridinghood27 said:

Ah yes.. the fourth brother Bai Zhen.. I hope he will be in the drama.. indeed, they are so secretive.. not even a glimpse of Reba.. 

In Legend of Fuyao, the girl who chase him has something on her forehead too, she is also sincere and has a funny personality... and it's said Vengo's character will fall in love with her.... 

I can't help imagining it was Dilraba on those scenes with Vengo in Legend of Fu Yao!

3 hours ago, karinos said:

One aspect about the book was jealous Dong Hua. He was just more emotionally available in the book compared to 3L3W drama. So I hope Vengo is able to act well in these scenes.

it's enough if Vengo can do this action..clench his jaw/fist/teeth and sharply or piercingly stare with expression "if look can kills" at Yan Chiwu.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

On 8/22/2018 at 5:11 AM, Leslie Mtz C said:

bai gun gun?  rumors on internet says it is,  but i dont remember gungun having a birthmark on his foreheard what do you think? 

video https://www.facebook.com/gaoweiguangthfanclub/videos/2115926688726520/

Bai Gungun? Maybe..the forehead mark same as Fengjiu..

Imagined 197 yrs old..a brilliant Little Gungun with white silver hair just like his father Dong Hua...

Oh..feel the excitement!!

Thks for sharing..

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote pictures
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, karinos said:

Anyone watch the whole of Legend of Fuyao? Don’t want to watch the whole thing. Just want to watch Vengo’s scenes. Help a sistah out and let me know which episodes to watch? Please & thank you! :blush:

I watched LOF. To tell you the truth I prefer the main couple (fuyao and wuji). Vengo's character and his story doesn't give me a deep impression at all. Actually his arc is the most boring arc from all. And his dubbed choice doesn't help at all.  You should try watch the whole drama.  I'm sure you will root for the main otp like we root for DH/FJ. 

• Like 1