Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland WebDrama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

Where do you think Ep 48 will end at?   

53 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Let' take a poll just for fun since we are waiting. Where do you think Ep 48 will end at?

• bing cang ceremony
    • DH and FJ leaving Fanyin Valley
    • Aranya's battle with the owl clan
    • DH and SMY peering into the Miaolu glass
    • Aranya in prison and talking to the mother

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/27/2020 at 03:30 PM

48 minutes ago, springfiry said:

Let me translate parts of this video too, it basically shares the gist of how the next few episodes will play out as well as JiHeng’ ending.

Reveal hidden contents

When DHDJ and FJ entered, Aranya’s dream, their relationship got closer. When they attended the Girl’s festival, DH were very close and had a lot of sweet moments together. 

However to continue the Aranya’s dream storyline, she had to act like she like Shenye and though DHDJ understood it, it him very sad and jealous resulting him standing in the rain to think through his actions and what he has done wrongly.

Becaus of this misunderstanding , FJ came across DH when he was bathing and DH refused to let FJ go in that scene(Naughty DH, I suppose this leads to the scene we have been waiting for?!) . DH and FJ confess to each other and they know each other’s feelings. Soon after FJ was pregnant with BGG.

The 2 made arrangements to get married after getting out from Aranya’s dream, 

JH upon knowing about the wedding to take place, faked her Cold illness once more to get DH to cure her. When he got there, she used her fathers dragon scale to ask DH to stay single forever with her by his side. DH rejected her and also destroyed the father’s scale so it can never be brought up again.

JH was devastated but soon grew to accept XY and realise he is the best to her.

I summarised JH’s storyline to a one liner cause i wasn’t so interested. Lol. The narrator said more but that was the gist.Hope you all don’t mind cause I only have eyes for DH x FJ

I knew it ! Since they included Jiheng and Xiao yan's childhood story I have this feeling they will make her stay with XY at the end. Xiao yan deserved better :bawling:

The Honeymoon :love: Sooooo sweeet I'm getting diabetes :heart:

4y55u47wz20ta5cp0zhm4kbfw.gif

007gp-C6pgy1gc6m63wz5tg316a0myqvk-jpg.gi

2e0s8exekethtz8kppmawko47.gif

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, lizax1 said:

Because that's what she thought she had been giving to DH, these grand "epic" love gestures. But DH didn't fall in love with her because of her all shenanigans. He was initially attracted to someone he thought was interesting and unique, that's it. He's not a romantic hero at all though he eventually got to the point where he could make those big romantic gestures.

Actually, we don't really have much insights into DH's thoughts as to why he falls in love with her. The only part where he expresses what he thinks of her was the part where he (as Xize told FJ) said ...... “Very beautiful,” .....“And she'll be even more beautiful when she grows up.” He paused then added: “She has a good personality too.” Then he recalled: “Also very talented. Talented in everything.” And finally concluded: “Everything about her is wonderful.” Then as though he was speaking to himself: “Since I picked her, naturally everything about her is wonderful.”

What we do know is that while FJ has romantic notions/ expectations about the person who loves her, she reaches a point where she also realises that it was one-sided, those were her choices, and she had learnt that her actions need not necessarily result in her expectations...she was prepared to let go (mentally, but not emotionally)

Just before their consummation (and after DH as XiZe gets wet from walking in the rain because he got jealous watching FJ/Aranya show affection for ChenYe), we see that DH also feels regret for not treating her better despite her efforts to win him over....perhaps what Tang Qi wanted to tell us was, had he known, he too would have been moved by her actions. [haha, and this is the famous bath tub scene where you have all been saying DH is skinny and too fair]

She (FJ) pretended to unconsciously turn her back to Xize and said, “How can it be too late? I'll tell you an old story, you'll see that you'll need to learn from me.”

She cleared her throat and adopted a storyteller's voice: “Before you, I've once liked someone. I've told you before when we went to view Yueling flowers. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. To be by his side, I had disguised as a pet. At first, he was very good to me. But when he had a fiancée, things were somewhat different. His fiancée picked on me, his fiancée's pet also picked on me. And he had taken their side. But even when things came to that point, I was so in love with him that I didn't think I was too late.”

When she finished telling him the past, she was ruefully quiet for a while, then coughed and scolded Xize who was lying next to her: “Although it was unfortunate, it helped me learn many things. I went to look for you the moment you got jealous. I prepared a bath for you the moment you got drenched in the rain. How can you say it's too late, I...”

The rest of her words were swallowed back down her throat. Xize hugged her from behind and whispered to her, “He was a bastard.”

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Someone posted a link for sniptes of future episodes.

Im wondering what DH saw through that opened door? The next scene was him getting wet on the rain :( in the books DH just saw FJ and CY having conversion outside that made DH jealous. Wondering if CY got to embrace.. or kiss FJ? Maybe? 

Also I wonder if the the drama will show the first time Su Moye saw FJ (with her uncle). By that time Aranya was already dead. He knows they look alike. I wonder how he reacted. Maybe he gifted her that tea (the one FJ spilled with her 'date' with DH, and the one he served FJ in Aranya Dream? ) as a token of... remembrance (to Aranya)? He's one of the poor souls too :pensive:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

I knew it ! Since they included Jiheng and Xiao yan's childhood story I have this feeling they will make her stay with XY at the end. Xiao deserved better :bawling:

Totally agree XY deserves someone better other then that beach JH she so delusional and mean. So she accepting XY as the rebound person is it. Tsk tsk tsk maybe the director and her make an agreement to change her storyline to have a happy ending which she doesn't deserve but I'm over her. Good luck to you XY for gaining yourself a witch all I care is my ultimate OTP as long as they the together with their son I'm so satisfied already. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

8 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

Actually, we don't really have much insights into DH's thoughts as to why he falls in love with her. The only part where he expresses what he thinks of her was the part where he (as Xize told FJ) said ...... “Very beautiful,” .....“And she'll be even more beautiful when she grows up.” He paused then added: “She has a good personality too.” Then he recalled: “Also very talented. Talented in everything.” And finally concluded: “Everything about her is wonderful.” Then as though he was speaking to himself: “Since I picked her, naturally everything about her is wonderful.”

What we do know is that while FJ has romantic notions/ expectations about the person who loves her, she reaches a point where she also realises that it was one-sided, those were her choices, and she had learnt that her actions need not necessarily result in her expectations...she was prepared to let go (mentally, but not emotionally)

Just before their consummation (and after DH as XiZe gets wet from walking in the rain because he got jealous watching FJ/Aranya show affection for ChenYe), we see that DH also feels regret for not treating her better despite her efforts to win him over....perhaps what Tang Qi wanted to tell us was, had he known, he too would have been moved by her actions. [haha, and this is the famous bath tub scene where you have all been saying DH is skinny and too fair]

She (FJ) pretended to unconsciously turn her back to Xize and said, “How can it be too late? I'll tell you an old story, you'll see that you'll need to learn from me.”

She cleared her throat and adopted a storyteller's voice: “Before you, I've once liked someone. I've told you before when we went to view Yueling flowers. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. To be by his side, I had disguised as a pet. At first, he was very good to me. But when he had a fiancée, things were somewhat different. His fiancée picked on me, his fiancée's pet also picked on me. And he had taken their side. But even when things came to that point, I was so in love with him that I didn't think I was too late.”

When she finished telling him the past, she was ruefully quiet for a while, then coughed and scolded Xize who was lying next to her: “Although it was unfortunate, it helped me learn many things. I went to look for you the moment you got jealous. I prepared a bath for you the moment you got drenched in the rain. How can you say it's too late, I...”

The rest of her words were swallowed back down her throat. Xize hugged her from behind and whispered to her, “He was a bastard.”

True, in the book, we cant really point out where DH has fallen to FJ.

Im glad in the drama they gave us DJ fallen in love starting point, the divan scene after ML leakage. DH line,

"There are always people trying to seek protection from me. Its the first time I met someone who wants to protect me instead."

:love: My heart flutters just typing it. Vengo so good in this scene. His low voice is so lovable Im in love :love:

• Love 5

There was a lots or huge alterations on DH's characteristics..toned down his intensity character.....in drama he was more considerate, warm, and certainly hopelessly romantic to the point it was so strange "in a good way" to see this new side of him.

While in the book's he was cold hearted , calm and emotionless (at least before he meet FJ)..which also make me felt an awe by his cold demeanour nonchalance , aloofness .

An excerpts of DH in the books 

Being the deity who stayed secluded in Tai chen palace meant he took little notice of anything beyond the changes of the seasons, the rise and fall of the moon and sun, or the fortunes and mishaps of creation.

The King wasn't much ot talker, but when he did talk , his words pierced away like a blade in his hand.

A deity with neither desire nor want..Desireless, emotionless, loveless. 

Had reached the single-minded state within the nine  mental abidings (inward,continuous, calm,near, harmonized, stillness, supreme stillness, single-mindedness, and mental equanimity).

It meant his heart has reached Ultimate Peace and no Turmoil may reach him. Once his mind is at peace,  it make no difference wether his good or evil. At the next equanimity stage ,he would have transcended into an entirely different existence. 

In the past the fairies didn't dare to harbour any feelings for Dijun. Because His Majesty was made of legends, they never thought he might one day marry a queen consort.

At the end ...ironically he "hopelessly fell in love with a young adult FJ" :heart: . Zhonglin's quote  ....."Who can really fight destiny?..

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

38 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

Totally agreed with Xixe(DH).. when he whispered " He was a bastard".:joy: LoL

• LOL 3

45 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

Also I wonder if the the drama will show the first time Su Moye saw FJ (with her uncle). By that time Aranya was already dead. He knows they look alike. I wonder how he reacted. Maybe he gifted her that tea (the one FJ spilled with her 'date' with DH, and the one he served FJ in Aranya Dream? ) as a token of... remembrance (to Aranya)? He's one of the poor souls too :pensive:

In book Aranya and Shen ye doesn't look like Fengjiu/Donghua. That's why no one know about the shadows ~

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

@kdfan2014 Thanks for the video. I thought some of you might want to know what the director said, it's always nice to hear what he feels in producing the work. I am not proficient and had to use the dictionary to look up some words. For those who want to improve the translation, please feel free to do so. (I missed out a portion, the first time Reba and Vengo spoke because I thought it wasn't that insightful but feel free to translate)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

From the Director’s perspective, he said the book/story made him think a lot. From the time FJ was a baby fox till she went through all the tribulations/ hardships of loving DH. As for DH, it may not be that DH has developed/grown but how he has walked through each step from a deity/god to experiencing ‘humanity’ because of FJ.

The Director adds that DH in the mortal arc is an emperor and even though he feels great pain/internal conflict because of his love for FJ, he has to supress it for the greater good of the kingdom.

FJ returns from the mortal arc with injuries and she has decided to give up/ let it go…but then DH appears before her, behaves differently towards her and causes her to be confused. And then FJ enters Aranya’s realm

Reba: FJ is someone who has received much love, so she knows how to demonstrate/give love to others. Aranya however is different as she has never received love. So, she behaves in a polite, respectful and courteous manner towards others, except for ChenYe.

Vengo: ChenYe is someone who is persistent, obsessed, carrying a burden on his shoulders, to revive Aranya (?)

Director: DH as Xize will feel jealousy and do things that he would normally not do

Reba: Although she really loves this person, she won’t totally rely on this person, she will solve her own problems and figure it out on her own

Vengo: DH is an arrogant person. For thousands of years, he has never met someone ‘right’ for him. When he does meet that person and realises how much that person has done for him, he become totally devoted to her. To people he appears as having achieved a state of calmness and composure but actually inside, he is someone who is very warm/loving.

Director: Compliments Reba for being very committed and practices her lines very often. He says Vengo is also very dedicated and learns through time (and mistakes) how to play the mature role of DH, planning how to portray the emotions  to accurately depict DH

Director: We should also ponder/reflect about our emotions – what have I done, what have I obtained, what have I learned. After a long time, looking back at how you have coped with certain situations, and recollect on the words you have used (?), those are the times you will value/hold dear.  [this part needs more work as I couldn't quite get the context, someone help tidy the translation please]

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 8

Wooow.. thanks for translation.. love reading all your posts ladies. 

JOAuapM.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, haylyne said:

Yes they will show this scene, this will be the time when everyone will know DJ and FJ are married to each other already.

I was hoping to see yehua and bai qian. I need to catch up with the drama though I have finished the novel already. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Haha, feeling a little inspired today. Ok, after this I have to be good and get back to work:naughty:

here's what the BTS says (again feel free to correct the translations). I love hearing Vengo's perspective of DJ - it gives us insights into what he feels and thinks while playing the role.

DH is an arrogant person/ strong personality, someone who is detached from the world. I portray him as someone with godly airs and with subtle expressions. I recall there is a Chinese saying – the more one speaks, the worse it gets, the more befuddled it becomes (my rough translation), and this is what can be used to describe the relationship (connection) between DH with FJ. The both of them go through many misunderstandings.

On Song Xuan Ren: He will love, he will take the initiative to obtain/fight for something, he is very affectionate/warm, very possessive – I love you, no one else can have you. This kind of love culminates in a tragedy…

On ChenYe – He is persistent. To revive Aranya, he is willing to be in a dream-world for a few hundred years, moving through a cycle. He shoulders all the responsibility, and the emotions/burden that he carries is too heavy.

XiZe – When DH takes on the role of Xize, this enables him to easily look for Aranya.

Reba – Actually, DH as XiZe turns out to a blessing. The both of them, as spouses, get to be together (which is unexpected) and their love is nurtured

About DH – He has an innocent, aloof personality. The portrayal of his character is the most, in terms of development and variety (range?). In his interactions/ relationship with FJ, I feel that he is like an ‘old child’, he feels jealousy and is obvious about it. When you add all these three people/ personalities together, I truly feel then only does it portray the real DH. For thousands of years, he has never met someone ‘right’ for him. When he does meet that person and realises how much that person has done for him, he become totally devoted to her. [in the last battle where they are both trapped together while fighting MiaoLuo, I (DH) have no way to send her out of the force field, and am reluctant to do so but I have no other alternative.

Reba: He is able to play the different roles, portray different emotions and this enables us to experience different reactions/feelings.

Vengo: Actually, a lot of people hold back from expressing their love/ emotions, and miss out on a lot of things, do be brave to love…[this part I especially treasured, as it's kinda like Vengo's advice to us viewers....]

• Like 1
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

@kdfan2014 Thanks for the video. I thought some of you might want to know what the director said, it's always nice to hear what he feels in producing the work. I am not proficient and had to use the dictionary to look up some words. For those who want to improve the translation, please feel free to do so. (I missed out a portion, the first time Reba and Vengo spoke because I thought it wasn't that insightful but feel free to translate)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

From the Director’s perspective, he said the book/story made him think a lot. From the time FJ was a baby fox till she went through all the tribulations/ hardships of loving DH. As for DH, it may not be that DH has developed/grown but how he has walked through each step from a deity/god to experiencing ‘humanity’ because of FJ.

The Director adds that DH in the mortal arc is an emperor and even though he feels great pain/internal conflict because of his love for FJ, he has to supress it for the greater good of the kingdom.

FJ returns from the mortal arc with injuries and she has decided to give up/ let it go…but then DH appears before her, behaves differently towards her and causes her to be confused. And then FJ enters Aranya’s realm

Reba: FJ is someone who has received much love, so she knows how to demonstrate/give love to others. Aranya however is different as she has never received love. So, she behaves in a polite, respectful and courteous manner towards others, except for ChenYe.

Vengo: ChenYe is someone who is persistent, obsessed, carrying a burden on his shoulders, to revive Aranya (?)

Director: DH as Xize will feel jealousy and do things that he would normally not do

Reba: Although she really loves this person, she won’t totally rely on this person, she will solve her own problems and figure it out on her own

Vengo: DH is an arrogant person. For thousands of years, he has never met someone ‘right’ for him. When he does meet that person and realises how much that person has done for him, he become totally devoted to her. To people he appears as having achieved a state of calmness and composure but actually inside, he is someone who is very warm/loving.

Director: Compliments Reba for being very committed and practices her lines very often. He says Vengo is also very dedicated and learns through time (and mistakes) how to play the mature role of DH, planning how to portray the emotions  to accurately depict DH

Director: We should also ponder/reflect about our emotions – what have I done, what have I obtained, what have I learned. After a long time, looking back at how you have coped with certain situations, and recollect on the words you have used (?), those are the times you will value/hold dear.  [this part needs more work as I couldn't quite get the context, someone help tidy the translation please]

Many thanks for your effort to translated the convo. No complaints here. It so good to know the indepth of the director minds and knowing that our best couple are working hard to achieve the best of DH and FJ on screen. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Asliza Mohd said:

Wahh thanks for posting. Will we ever see Xiao Bai wearing her majestic blue wedding dress. A bit disappointed cus I thought it will be red. Why the director is so mean. :bawling:

FJ already have a red wedding gown scene in TMOPB (which was gorgeous). I guess they avoided to replicate this and try something new, like the black wedding gown for FJ and the white for Bai Qian (coz she has a simple red wedding gown too).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Asliza Mohd said:

Wahh thanks for posting. Will we ever see Xiao Bai wearing her majestic blue wedding dress. A bit disappointed cus I thought it will be red. Why the director is so mean. :bawling:

In Tang Qi's TLTW universe the color for wedding is rainbow ? So not red like chinese traditions...

• Like 1