[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

6 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Ikr.. just another prove FJ was so innocent and naive ( at least in the books) she have zero experience with how to deal with a man..she should read a bit erotica that was given by her Aunt to read, which she didn't because she thought DH would prefer "chaste and pure/innocent woman"

FJ in books a bit different from FJ in drama version...which remind me ..urgh!... Song Xuanren had that honor.. being her first kiss).

Nah, still DH but she was a fox that time.:D

• LOL 8

15 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

I felt my heart breaking reading the part on CY taking care of his garden while Aranya is fighting in battle. TQ wrote it such that it pulls at your heart strings. I was like, come on TQ, do you really need to do that to us readers? We know Aranya is dying and you have this oblivious CY gardening...I cried so badly!!!

I always have a box of tissue when i read book 2 of this novel. Aranya's pain and her death is so quiet but it really squeezes your heart.

• Sad 4
  • LOL 1

20 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Ikr.. just another prove FJ was so innocent and naive ( at least in the books) she have zero experience with how to deal with a man..she should read a bit erotica that was given by her Aunt to read, which she didn't because she thought DH would prefer "chaste and pure/innocent woman"

You just reminded me ...somewhere in the book, there is explicit reference to lessons she learnt from the book which had missing steps. I died laughing at this part so much... for those who haven't had a chance to read the book... enjoy and have a good laugh... (it's from the scene where Aranya's sisters drug her with a love potion and she was supposed to seduce Su Moye but is replaced by DH/Xize) [pity the drama was so chaste, nothing at all to see]

“Dragging to bed, stripping off clothes, pushing down, lying on top.”.... “These four steps were done quite adeptly,” he (DJ as Xize) seemed to sigh, “but I don't remember ever teaching you this. Where did you learn it?” 

“From books,” she foggily answered him. “In books are jade-like beauties, in books are houses of gold, you can find everything in books.”
“Does that book tell you what to do next?” The man's voice was very low. If one wasn't near him, one almost couldn't hear.

She slightly moved away from him to watch his face and nodded her head. “It does.” Many, many things, in fact, that she seemed to not recall them clearly. Since she couldn't think clearly, she was too lazy to think clearly. She just instinctively wanted to be closer to the man underneath her. “The next step is to blow out the light, after that would be the morning after,” she told him in all seriousness. Then she was suddenly confused: “But where is the light?”

The young man maintained his vulnerable pose, having both hands pinned down by her. He gazed at her a while then at last said, “I think something was left out when you read that book.”

Fengjiu mumbled, “It was Auntie who gave me the book, I'm sure nothing was cut out,” all the while looking around to see whether there was a light near their bed. Then she thought and felt perhaps even a book given to her from Auntie might not have been complete. She curiously asked, “Which part are you saying was left out?”

“I can't tell you right now.” His eyes were somewhat clouded.

Edited to respond to @Fuefuu great minds think alike, I was posting this when you posted yours. Isn't Tang Qi such a tease to give us that portion in the book. I swear the amount of words she used to describe their positions and emotions running through their heads left me a little breathless...:naughty:

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

13 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Ikr.. just another prove FJ was so innocent and naive ( at least in the books) she have zero experience with how to deal with a man..she should read a bit of romantic novel/erotica that was given by her Aunt to read, which she didn't because she thought DH would prefer "chaste and pure/innocent woman"

FJ in books a bit different from FJ in drama version...which remind me ..urgh!... Song Xuanren had that honor.. being her first kiss).

Remember that part when she took a love potion so that she would be caught with SMY. It was so funny cos in the book DH was asking her what would be the next step and she said she had to 'turn off the lamp' and it would be morning afterward. Seems like DH knows better than she is and he is supposed to be a saint without any desire. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

one scene that Im most looking forward to is DJ being shameless to that demon person that dared to challenge FJ after her Bing Cang ceremony!!

hahhahahah cause I feel like we can see, that DJ is still as shameless to anyone but FJ, with FJ his shameless is more heheheh ehem ehem

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

She slightly moved away from him to watch his face and nodded her head. “It does.” Many, many things, in fact, that she seemed to not recall them clearly. Since she think clearly, she was too lazy to think clearly. She just instinctively wanted to be closer to the man underneath her. “The next step is to blow out the light, after that would be the morning after,” she told him in all seriousness. Then she was suddenly confused: “But where is the light?”

Ok, I have to admit this part is so true. When we watch PG shows, it is always like this! Haha..thank goodness I didn't use those PG shows as my reference in relationships!

• LOL 3

Chen Ye is really the most broken of all of Donghua's reincarnations. His life is so full of 'what-ifs'. But there are mistakes that once done and chances that once missed you'll never gonna be able to turn back and re-do again. I think this is the lesson TQ wanted his readers to know.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, atikah sani said:

one scene that Im most looking forward to is DJ being shameless to that demon person that dared to challenge FJ after her Bing Cang ceremony!!

hahhahahah cause I feel like we can see, that DJ is still as shameless to anyone but FJ, with FJ his shameless is more heheheh ehem ehem

Oh, yeah! It's in one of the official trailers, right, that DH sliced in half a sword? Nie Chuye trying to still cheat FJ. The fox clan should have totally gone Red Queen and ordered "Off with his head!" :lol:

• LOL 2

10 minutes ago, atikah sani said:

Oh I hope they would extend this cos in the novel its sooooo short. I was still craving for more.

41 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Nah, still DH but she was a fox that time.:D

Damn .how unbelievable.... how could I forgotten?!

Dongfeng's first kiss was indeed belong to each other..

Which reminds me of DH's totally awful yet hilarious prank. 

"It's a good pulse". DH looked straight into her wide eyes and said "We've got  happy new".

That time FJ already thinking to named her baby Bai GunGun..

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

I feel like Chenye's actions is a 'preview' of what DH will do if DH lost FJ the way CY lost Aranya. 

Dream world, from the heavens to the earth, in all worlds.

But because DH is DH, FJ would be safe in his lifetime, and even in his death (phoenix ring). Though we know, really, FJ's calamity is DH himself :joy::heart:

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

She abandoned A Li twice. Not when she jumped off, that was necessary so she can go back to her original self. But when she drank that potion to forget YH, she is aware that not only YH, she will also forget A Li who was only a newborn that time.  After YH died, she travelled first rather than at least visit A Li. Doesn't matter if she was banned or something by the Celestial tribe.

Though I get people react differently when in grief, BQ is so detached with A Li when it really mattered. Didn't cross her mind at all that there's A Li, a living memento of YH, who needs her now more than ever.

FJ, despite being alone, with her family not knowing where she was in the mortal realm, went ahead with her pregnancy even if Zhe Yan sent her abortifacients. IMO Zhe Yan sent those to give FJ the choice should she find it necessary to do that to help her be fully over DH. FJ might still be a baby herself; she is, however, a grown up on how she rationalised things. That's her difference from BQ, and why I like her more, too - FJ cuts the ties if she must, but she will not abandon nor decimate those who didn't have anything to do with it.

I feel like we never fully understood why BQ chose to forget about YH and about A'li. I imagine that it was bc of many things, but I figured it was bc she already learned "Bai Qian of QingQui" was betrothed to him during her time in Heaven as SuSu, I felt like it was unclear if she knew before she was SuSu too, but I felt like the announcement happened when she was already on Mt. Junji as SuSu, so she didn't know as BQ. I can't  really remember. Anyway, I also did not like BQ bc she abandoned them both, personally I would have gone up to Heaven immediately and ripped my eyes out of Sujin's head, and taken my child back, bc what can they say to her? They've already offended her once when the 2nd prince eloped with her maid, and then they mistreated her as a helpless mortal, so they can't do anything.

I think she was so heartbroken and tired she figured, she would marry Yehua again as BQ, she would be considered A'li's stepmom, so she would see them again, and SJ is no match for BQ even if YH loves her, so it would be better to see them and not remember all her pain, then to live apart from them due to her pain. Her choosing to forget really twisted the knife in YH's heart though, bc he also had the chance to forget her as SuSu, and chose not to. I felt it was out of character for her though, since as Kunlun's17th disciple she had risked everything and stolen MY'S body even though she wasn't supposed to. Before she became SuSu, she went to fix the seal on the Ghost Lord by herself, so she's super bada$$ and unafraid, but chose not to fight for her child??

I feel like FJ mentions her Aunt Bai Qian a lot, and essentially was raised by her, soooo they're very similar, but BQ actions when she first falls to the Peach Orchard is out of character for who she is told to us to be. Even when she regains her memories, she thinks to offend Heaven to break off the engagement bc she thinks YH loves SJ. Also she goes and immediately takes her eyes back.

Though I think her hiding MY body also influenced her actions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

You just reminded me ...somewhere in the book, there is explicit reference to lessons she learnt from the book which had missing steps. I died laughing at this part so much... for those who haven't had a chance to read the book... enjoy and have a good laugh... (it's from the scene where Aranya's sisters drug her with a love potion and she was supposed to seduce Su Moye but is replaced by DH/Xize) [pity the drama was so chaste, nothing at all to see]

“Dragging to bed, stripping off clothes, pushing down, lying on top.”.... “These four steps were done quite adeptly,” he (DJ as Xize) seemed to sigh, “but I don't remember ever teaching you this. Where did you learn it?” 

“From books,” she foggily answered him. “In books are jade-like beauties, in books are houses of gold, you can find everything in books.”
“Does that book tell you what to do next?” The man's voice was very low. If one wasn't near him, one almost couldn't hear.

She slightly moved away from him to watch his face and nodded her head. “It does.” Many, many things, in fact, that she seemed to not recall them clearly. Since she couldn't think clearly, she was too lazy to think clearly. She just instinctively wanted to be closer to the man underneath her. “The next step is to blow out the light, after that would be the morning after,” she told him in all seriousness. Then she was suddenly confused: “But where is the light?”

The young man maintained his vulnerable pose, having both hands pinned down by her. He gazed at her a while then at last said, “I think something was left out when you read that book.”

Fengjiu mumbled, “It was Auntie who gave me the book, I'm sure nothing was cut out,” all the while looking around to see whether there was a light near their bed. Then she thought and felt perhaps even a book given to her from Auntie might not have been complete. She curiously asked, “Which part are you saying was left out?”

“I can't tell you right now.” His eyes were somewhat clouded.

Edited to respond to @Fuefuu great minds think alike, I was posting this when you posted yours. Isn't Tang Qi such a tease to give us that portion in the book. I swear the amount of words she used to describe their positions and emotions running through their heads left me a little breathless...:naughty:

Apparently .. I am the one who are confused about FJ knowledgeable about the art of making love..

The funniest part is 

she didn't know about the most important part.. maybe she did skip a juicy/steamy part when she read it...lol

Thanks for the correction ..

OMG.. (I'm feign  I'm shocked)

Apparently in their conversation implied DH also read erotica because he surely knows more than FJ a proper step about making love..

DH sure read a lot of erotica novel in disguise of Buddhist sutras.. being a genius and also fast reader..

He finished reading 7788 pages of his book (while at the same time he witnessed how hilarious FJ when she sabotage her own dates) at the same time as FJ wrapped up her two blind date.

Oh my..two virgins correcting each other...lol.

• LOL 5

9 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Apparently .. I am the one who are confused about FJ knowledgeable about the art of making love..

The funniest part is 

she didn't know about the most important part.. maybe she did skip a juicy/steamy part when she read it...lol

Apparently in their conversation implied DH also read erotica because he surely knows more than FJ a proper step about making love..

Two virgins correcting each other...lol.

For romance novels not tagged as mature.. usually it 'ended' that way :joy: 

Ladies.. check episode 24, where DH and LS were talking about YH getting out of the banquet 'drunk' with 2 glasses of wine only. DH expression there indicates he knows the intricacies of the birds and the bees. :joy:

Its one of my fave Vengo expression, so handsome :joy::love:

We shouldn't be worried.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

7 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

Ladies.. check episode 24, where DH and LS were talking about YH getting out of the banquet 'drunk' with 2 glasses of wine only. DH expression there indicates he knows the intricacies of the birds and the bees. :joy:

We shouldn't be worried.

His "knowing" smile:lol:.. super naughty yet so charming smile..

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

22 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

The funniest part is 

Two virgins correcting each other...lol.

Not that he might be reading such stuff, but he lived long enough wherein he had seen a lot! :D

My take to it is that all those years, ways and morals of the people in the realms he was governing was ever changing. So even if he did not do the deed himself in the past, which I'm kinda doubtful of, he would know how it's done.

Besides, when he was leading his men against demons, it was impossible that his guys did not talk nor that he didn't hear what they are discussing about if they aren't in battles! So brilliant he was, he would have learned or known a thing or two! :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

16 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

We shouldn't be worried.

Same here, that look in the eyes and that smirk! :lol: One of the most natural, and no words needed acting of Vengo.

• Like 1
  • Love 3