Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland WebDrama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

Where do you think Ep 48 will end at?   

53 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Let' take a poll just for fun since we are waiting. Where do you think Ep 48 will end at?

• bing cang ceremony
    • DH and FJ leaving Fanyin Valley
    • Aranya's battle with the owl clan
    • DH and SMY peering into the Miaolu glass
    • Aranya in prison and talking to the mother

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/27/2020 at 03:30 PM

27 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Ohhh Su Moye/Dylan so handsome. I love his background music :heart: I wonder if they involved him more to FJ than in the books.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Asliza Mohd said:

Yeah her insecurity and low self esteem get the best of her but correct me if I'm wrong cus it's been a long time since I read the book but DH is not left blameless in this situation. Remember to make any relationship works they both need to have a good and lay in on the table communication or talk. Trust and assurance goes next. He never explained to her all her doubts about the real relationship between him and JiHeng. Why the reason he have to marry her in the first place, the promise her father make him do and about her staying in Fanyin valley and most important of all is what value of her to him. He just told her I'm not into her cus our age differences and say he like FJ and expected her to take it all in and believe whole heartily without doubts. He knows she is  naive and stubborn but didn't really put all her doubt to rest with him still goes out to JH whenever she call. He got the opportunity when at last FJ saw him after 200 years but still he kept quite .FJ only know the reasons after his on his suicidal act and even then he ask Zong ling not to tell her in order to protect her and not blaming herself in the future. They both have lots of miscommunication but that what the author wants to give us for dramatic purpose I guess. 

After giving this some thoughts, here's my take on it.

The power balance between DH and FJ in the beginning is skewed. He is the almighty Heavenly King and surely, with his power and position, he is not one to see himself having to explain his thoughts and actions to anyone. Remember that FJ hero worshiped him at first and after he rescued her, she fell deeply in love (although at first, it was to repay her so called debt and to show her gratitude to him). 

With all the things that she did, she naively thinks that she can move the Heavenly King. That is why her love is always one sided, her sacrifices also very much so. He adores her as a pet but when she was his maid, he barely paid any attention. All the things that happened at Tai Chen palace is too imbalanced to blame DH for not reciprocating.  

For DH, his taking care of JH is a natural thing for him to do since he is holding on to his promise to JH's father. If he didn't know that his care towards JH will cause so much hurt to FJ, how can one blame him though? 

After going a few unMerry Go Round, DH came to realize who FJ really is and what she has done for him. The power balance shifted.

And in the book, he even acknowledge it himself. During FJ's Binchiang ceremony when Nie Chu Yin came to challenge FJ in a swordfight, he loudly proclaimed that :-

Since she is my queen,she is naturally my equal. You've just said that you are her peer, then it's only of course you are also my peer.

When the power balance has been restored to how it should be, we can see then clearly see DH's care and affection towards FJ. Even when YCW came to take him away to see JH and that he could not come back in time for their wedding ceremony, he asked YCW to relay the message and even told him what to say to the guests at the banquet on why he didn't show up. Of course, our YCW....unreliable as he is. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Why is miaoluo a better villain than that loser demon king in tmopb. I could beat that guy in hand wrestling match but miaoluo scares me even when she laughs :dizzy:

• LOL 15

14 hours ago, LaxClyne said:

Aol is Ashes of Love? But the CLOY.....

haha, yes AOL is Ashes of Love and CLOY is korean - Crash Landing on You (apologies for those who don't watch KDramas)

@jimmylyne Yes, rubbing his head is about all he can do. But I think the director got him to follow the book, because all it says is...

"Dijun who rarely showed emotions was now rubbing his temple apprehensively. Liansong looked at him in surprise and asked, “What's wrong?” Donghua's voice sounded different from usual. “You're right. She must still hate me. I'm thinking about what to do.” ..... 

[after Lian Song explains about how FJ's face changed when she realised that the Saha fruit had been switched with peaches] ....

The hand that was rubbing his temple stopped as he gazed up in puzzlement: “Did Xiao Bai look unwell?”

So, to be fair, they are trying to follow the book at this point. Only thing is the part about rescuing the fox to TaiChen palace was a waste of the script. They either cut it out or found it too wasteful to produce another CGI effect because Lian Song and him were discussing this matter better in his palace (in the book) but in the drama, it had changed. And DJ had rushed back to Fanyin valley...

@Yori Ten Actually, Tang Qi probably took the liberty of writing the script and using fate quite a fair bit to explain many situations. The word fate is used repeatedly even in the Aranya arc and numerous times by FJ to explain her relationship with DJ (or lack of one). It's ingrained in the Taoist Chinese belief system. Eventhough the part in TMOPB was made up about DJ removing his name from the 'fate stone', there is a part towards the end in Book 2, where DJ holds a conversation with the fairy who guards the Stone of Destiny and the fairy explains about a lack of fate for the both of them. This is actually integral to the story, up till the point where they both send their shadows to Aranya's world - then things change. And this is elaborated by the fairy. So, a lot of ignorance on DJ's part and not realising who she was, and what she has done is due to 'a lack of fate'. The gods in this story are not omniscient, eventhough at times, conveniently, DJ seems to know a lot of things, but the things pertaining to FJ, he knows not. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Why is miaoluo a better villain than that loser demon king in tmopb. I could beat that guy in hand wrestling match but miaoluo scares me even when she laughs :dizzy:

Yes i think the same hahaha the villai in TMOPB expended  most of his time  locked and laughing, muaolou  is like that too  but she influence  people outside  there  like nie chuyin,  jiheng  so she is  way more active than  the other villain 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

@Yori Ten Actually, Tang Qi probably took the liberty of writing the script and using fate quite a fair bit to explain many situations. The word fate is used repeatedly even in the Aranya arc and numerous times by FJ to explain her relationship with DJ (or lack of one). It's ingrained in the Taoist Chinese belief system. Eventhough the part in TMOPB was made up about DJ removing his name from the 'fate stone', there is a part towards the end in Book 2, where DJ holds a conversation with the fairy who guards the Stone of Destiny and the fairy explains about a lack of fate for the both of them. This is actually integral to the story, up till the point where they both send their shadows to Aranya's world - then things change. And this is elaborated by the fairy. So, a lot of ignorance on DJ's part and not realising who she was, and what she has done is due to 'a lack of fate'. The gods in this story are not omniscient, eventhough at times, conveniently, DJ seems to know a lot of things, but the things pertaining to FJ, he knows not. 

Ah, absolutely! PB is after all a Xianxia. So the concept of 有缘无分 (destined to meet but not fated to be together) is an integral plot device.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

Yes i think the same hahaha the villai in TMOPB expended  most of his time  locked and laughing, muaolou  is like that too  but she influence  people outside  there  like nie chuyin,  jiheng  so she is  way more active than  the other villain 

Based on clan isn't Demon more powerful than Ghost/Ghouls?

What I like is the seductive way she used to tempt Jiheng ~ kinda sexy :tounge_wink:

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Based on clan isn't Demon more powerful than Ghost/Ghouls?

What I like is the seductive way she used to tempt Jiheng ~ kinda sexy :tounge_wink:

Well yeah, that scene is almost Yuri like. :yum:

• Naughty 2

2 hours ago, LaxClyne said:

Ohhh Su Moye/Dylan so handsome. I love his background music :heart: I wonder if they involved him more to FJ than in the books.

yes 

Su MoYe is a reallyyyyyy handsome guy :love:

Is Ashes of Love (AOL) good? I usually watch kdramas like CLOY and romantic doc 2 bc i find them more fast paced and less draggy. I tend to fast forward a lot for the mandarin dramas if the plots are not that interesting enough..

if it's good, i will download and watch AOL

sorry to deviate from this thread.. i have finished ep 42 of this pillowbook drama (raw).. I will wait for the eng subs to re-watch again these 6 episodes so I can understand 100 percent of what was said. 

@jimmylyne Yes, rubbing his head is about all he can do. But I think the director got him to follow the book, because all it says is...

"Dijun who rarely showed emotions was now rubbing his temple apprehensively. Liansong looked at him in surprise and asked, “What's wrong?” Donghua's voice sounded different from usual. “You're right. She must still hate me. I'm thinking about what to do.” ..... 

[after Lian Song explains about how FJ's face changed when she realised that the Saha fruit had been switched with peaches] ....

The hand that was rubbing his temple stopped as he gazed up in puzzlement: “Did Xiao Bai look unwell?”

So, to be fair, they are trying to follow the book at this point. Only thing is the part about rescuing the fox to TaiChen palace was a waste of the script. They either cut it out or found it too wasteful to produce another CGI effect because Lian Song and him were discussing this matter better in his palace (in the book) but in the drama, it had changed. And DJ had rushed back to Fanyin valley...

Yes..its the director orders...agreed with DH's limitation in showing his emotions because he was always calm and sensible..no matter in what's situation maybe.. because he will have a solution even if..it's as far as against the destiny...He always know what's to do..

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

I'd just finished binge-watching ep 31-42.

At first, I was a bit disappointed to see that they toned down Jiheng's wickedness and Fengjiu's hardship as fake Aranya. In the novel, when Jiheng talked to Fengjiu about her "importance in Dijun's heart", it makes me hate her delusional attitude. And later, Fengjiu suffered a lot as fake Aranya. So when she told her story to Su Moye after she escaped from the dungeon, it sounds so sad it makes me cried every time I read the novel. But the drama took out some of the harsh parts, so it wasn't that sad anymore.

But ep42 was really really really good :wub:

When I was reading the novel, I actually didn't really like that FJ slept with fake Xize, even though it was DH. Imagined that she called out Xize's name when they were doing it, it felt so wrong :sweatingbullets: 

Instead of lies, an honest Donghua would be a better choice and their scenes in ep 42 was very very sweet :lol:

Spoiler

Fake-fake-Xize is hilarious :joy:

PB38-01.jpg

Little Aranya is so cute :heart:

PB49-01.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 12

2 hours ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

You should, your parent's lives are in jeopardy bcs MiaoLuo hehehe

On serious note, the actress did a good job as MiaoLuo, she's pretty actually..

@LaxClyne @taekwang Su Moye/Dylan is indeed handsome. I kinda see his resemblance with Kpop Idol/young K-actor ChaEunWoo.. But Su Moye is not DiJun. He's more hilarious than handsome

-aiya @orenji_neko beat me posting Su Moye pic hahaha... happen quite a lot in this thread, are mostly of us think alike???-:tounge_wink:

i share this instead la.. but agree, aranya is pritiiiiiiy....

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

22 minutes ago, orenji_neko said:

I'd just finished binge-watching ep 31-42.

At first, I was a bit disappointed to see that they toned down Jiheng's wickedness and Fengjiu's hardship as fake Aranya. In the novel, when Jiheng talked to Fengjiu about her "importance in Dijun's heart", it makes me hate her delusional attitude. And later, Fengjiu suffered a lot as fake Aranya. So when she told her story to Su Moye after she escaped from the dungeon, it sounds so sad it makes me cried every time I read the novel. But the drama took out some of the harsh parts, so it wasn't that sad anymore.

But ep42 was really really really good :wub:

When I was reading the novel, I actually didn't really like that FJ slept with fake Xize, even though it was DH. Imagined that she called out Xize's name when they were doing it, it felt so wrong :sweatingbullets: 

Instead of lies, an honest Donghua would be a better choice and their scenes in ep 42 was very very sweet :lol:

Hide contents

Fake-fake-Xize is hilarious :joy:

PB38-01.jpg

Little Aranya is so cute :heart:

PB49-01.jpg

Fake-fake xize just imagine someone else playing DH ummm xize...how it would have looked:sweatingbullets: and that pose of his reminds me of SRK a lot:joy: mostly Indians chingu will understand what I am saying

• Like 1

And episodes 33-34 were so good:kiss_wink: 

Well actress playing jiheng yesterday did well...her remorse and jealousy was emoted well:thumbsup: 

And yesterday reba steals the show for me...sorry DH :rolleyes: from fighting to disappointment...and when she was having the convo with jiheng about fruit and said will you just give me half... and when she realised that DH was passing his time with her...that scene just stole my heart it was so impactful:kiss_wink:

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, elsanna said:

And episodes 33-34 were so good:kiss_wink: 

Well actress playing jiheng yesterday did well...her remorse and jealousy was emoted well:thumbsup: 

And yesterday reba steals the show for me...sorry DH :rolleyes: from fighting to disappointment...and when she was having the convo with jiheng about fruit and said will you just give me half... and when she realised that DH was passing his time with her...that scene just stole my heart it was so impactful:kiss_wink:

Just as @orenji_neko mentioned in her post, thry did toned down JH's wickedness. Her asking FJ to distance herself from DH sounded more sisterly than a love rival. I read her part in her novel in a different way, definitely more towardd aggressiveness and demanding. 

When that scene showed up and I know what she will say, I was having my pitch fork ready!!  I wasn't expecting that scene to play out like that at all. She really sounded like a big sister advising her little sister to stay away from a no good man!! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

17 minutes ago, elsanna said:

Fake-fake xize just imagine someone else playing DH ummm xize...how it would have looked:sweatingbullets: and that pose of his reminds me of SRK a lot:joy: mostly Indians chingu will understand what I am 

I totally understand you he has the famous standing pose of srk :joy:

• LOL 2

8 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Just as @orenji_neko mentioned in her post, thry did toned down JH's wickedness. Her asking FJ to distance herself from DH sounded more sisterly than a love rival. I read her part in her novel in a different way, definitely more towardd aggressiveness and demanding. 

When that scene showed up and I know what she will say, I was having my pitch fork ready!!  I wasn't expecting that scene to play out like that at all. She really sounded like a big sister advising her little sister to stay away from a no good man!! 

@bold lol DH is no good man:joy: always picking up on others and making their life miserable by feeding them sweet and sour fish:joy:

• LOL 1