[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

Edited to reply to @Marie Kay DH IS shameless I guess because he really doesn't give a darn to what others think about him. He even has the cheek to tell Lian Song this...

Liansong sighed deeply and said, “Had you known this, you shouldn't have pretended to be Xize to deceive her in the dream.” He then quipped, “Didn't you feel jealous watching her and your version of Xize get close?”
Donghua frowned and said in seeming puzzlement, “Why should I feel jealous? I was just borrowing Xize's identity; I'm still me. Didn't she fall in love with me again because she'll never be able to love anyone else but me?”

So...that tells you this much about DH. I suppose his idea of ethics and morality are too far above us puny humans. hahahah

It is really fun to analyze DH's characteristic. He is the typical 4D ML. Sometimes, when reading the book, I really wonder about how TQ set up his profile. It takes quite a lot of effort to maintain his character in a myriad of situations he is being thrown at. Usually, I try to shun away from novels that depicts the ML as a narcissistic devil may care jerk and the FL as a hopeless romantic. But Pillow Book seems to stay with this plot device but at the same time, it also gives us readers a breath of fresh air.

• Like 6

Wow! Just read that Ji Heng had the audacity to blackmail Dong Hua on his promise to her father. I am glad he gave her the proper set down. She took a "chicken feather" and mistook it for a sharp arrow(weapon). Such a junior dare threaten the Emeritus Heavenly Emperor.

He knew from the many conversations he heard or overheard how his young Empress had suffered from the misunderstandings involving Ji Heng.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Marie Kay said:

I get that but the weird part is mostly DH is sleeping her while pretending  to be someone else. She even says XZ name in bed:vicx:. He really is shameless. I prefer that drama version where its establish that she knows from that very beginning (no memory altered) that DH is the one to lost her virginity too.

She did? called out Xz name when the deed is done?

I don't recalled where's parts..

And excerpts from the books 

His behaviour tonight was beyond what she could expect,  she wanted  to raise her voice to refuse, but as she hazily called his name, her lips were sealed shut.( my guess DH shut her up with kisses)

The sliver-haired man's kiss was obviously a matter of the great pleasure. 

And Me too...i prefer drama version 

So glad that ...when they lost their virginity to each other..as themselves instead of Aranya (FJ) and DH( Xize).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

It is really fun to analyze DH's characteristic. He is the typical 4D ML. Sometimes, when reading the book, I really wonder about how TQ set up his profile. It takes quite a lot of effort to maintain his character in a myriad of situations he is being thrown at. Usually, I try to shun away from novels that depicts the ML as a narcissistic devil may care jerk and the FL as a hopeless romantic. But Pillow Book seems to stay with this plot device but at the same time, it also gives us readers a breath of fresh air.

Ikr...and it's even more interesting that's she (TangQi) created DH character as parentless child..(without either mother nor father) I mean all the heroes had a mother like Mo Yan.and Ye Hua..and DH existence.... a true spirit born out of heaven and earth..a true child of heaven.

The oldest..The strongest The Almighty powerful God..The most handsome God..Donghua "The Brilliant of the East".

• Like 3

In this kissing scene, does anyone think there is pillow between DJ and FJ? Or DJ is more elevated on a horizontal position? I wonder whether this is to eliminate any embarrassing biological bodily responses? :vicx:

Edited by sssf
Forgot to include link
  • Like 2
  • Naughty 1

8 minutes ago, sssf said:

In this kissing scene, does anyone think there is pillow between DJ and FJ? Or DJ is more elevated on a horizontal position? I wonder whether this is to eliminate any embarrassing biological bodily responses? :vicx:

Haha.. I’m not surprised at all if there is. Imagine what will Vengo do if he does? Plus with so many camera crew watching. Yikes!! 
:relaxed:

• LOL 3

10 minutes ago, sssf said:

Possibly or maybe he is not really on top, but just at the side. Sadly, the bts they show us of them two is so conservative :D i cannot find anything juicy :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

26 minutes ago, ipohtown said:

Haha.. I’m not surprised at all if there is. Imagine what will Vengo do if he does? Plus with so many camera crew watching. Yikes!! 
:relaxed:

Hahaha so funny. If you like at the scene careful you can see there is bump in FJ maybe she has a cushion under her dress . Hahaha :blush:

• LOL 1

I am alittle confuse. Can someone help to clarify. In ep36, Chen Ye explained he wronged Aranya and driven her to die. How did this happen? CY recreated the dream to try to revive her. So in the dream, why can’t CY approach Aranya and express his feelings? Or try to woo her given he clearly loved her. 

• Like 1