Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland WebDrama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

Where do you think Ep 48 will end at?   

53 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Let' take a poll just for fun since we are waiting. Where do you think Ep 48 will end at?

• bing cang ceremony
    • DH and FJ leaving Fanyin Valley
    • Aranya's battle with the owl clan
    • DH and SMY peering into the Miaolu glass
    • Aranya in prison and talking to the mother

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/27/2020 at 03:30 PM

17 minutes ago, memine said:

With or without Miao Luo's influence, me still dont like jiheng. When she confronts FJ in ep34 uh... my claws are out!!! And when she weeps about DH entering aranya dream for FJ... :crazy: what did xiaoyan see in her. 

Spoiler

tenor.gif

We're in this together darl.. 

Donghua finally knows the truth about FJ... 

JIheng is the villain, so no amount of redeeming her will help her IMO. So shameless making up stories to hurt FJ, we would call her "halu" :triumph:

XiaoYan needs higher standards for women lol

4 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

She didn't end well in the  book. I wonder what they did to her in the drama.

I feel like they're setting up YCW and Princess Jiulu :wink: hmmm 

Though some doesn't really like JH, I would like to request we dont do our dislike to her character over the board. 

Her actress is mentally weakened. It worries me that she had an episode before ELOD aired. If the worst happened the show and cast might be affected esp Dilireba :pensive: sucks but haisttt...

I want her to have worse ending in the drama... Because I feel like she's worse here. She also cause trouble in the mortal realm too.

I wonder if they'll pair up YCW-JieLu too, but I doubt it, considering they are supposedly following the novel closely (though we saw quite a number of changes already).

Don't get me wrong, Jiheng is Jiheng (a fictional character), and the actress is the actress. The problem with the actress is she got backlash because of her history with PB (wanting to be FJ - to be fair she bought the rights, that was fair for her to want to do so), and also her increased screentime (which we don't know whether this was part of her negotiation deal to release the rights or if the writers did it to be nice to her or etc etc). The first one I don't think she deserved to be bullied about for sure, people could have been nicer. The second part I get why people are annoyed with her being in mortal arc though she's not supposed to, and some did feel like it became her show instead of DongFeng in the beginning, but still that doesn't give people the rights to bully her.

But if I can be completely honest, I wonder what people around her are doing knowing her mental health (she was admitted to hospital before because of suicide attempt). At least get her off the negative news. Can't control what people say but at least people around her could have tried (or tried harder I guess) to limit her seeing those. IMO her mental health should be a priority, and expecting the backlash and bullying to stop by letting her post the suicide post is not effective (as we can see from past cases in K-biz). I feel like she needs a long break to help her recover first.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, SC2019 said:

For those curious about whether ZH was or was not using magic to influence YCW during the saha fruit contest....

Hide contents

They added in a music element (improvisation on the spot) to the contest for the saha fruit which is quite interesting I must say... both brain and brawn required. Our guess was partially right about ZH who influenced YCW with magic to duel more viciously for the saha fruit (but she was under the influence of Miaoluo)

Yes I am glad they are showing Miaoluo taking action and getting things done by controlling people. 

Personally I am glad Jiheng wont be another Sujin ( i really really hope so). 

Having the Demon King be a reason that causes all the major life death problem works because 

a) That character is given ample screen time, so naturally they wont keep showing her tied up all the time. 

b) this causes some narrative because her threat is real

c) SPOILERS: dont read if you dont want to.. I got this from seeing the Raw eps.

FeingJu is connected to the demon king... So The TV series is taking a lot of liberty with the source material which is good because for non-reader it keeps this linear and adds more tension to the narrative. 

I personally like it too, because as much as I enjoyed some parts of the book this version is better. It makes DJ and FJ's relationship more impactful. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

6 minutes ago, roxnilla7 said:

The truth? Which parts? I know that he knows she was his fox, but he still doesnt know about her in the mortal realm and the maid part right? 

Lian Song told him about her being the maid (so now he knows about both times she was in Taichen palace as maid and little fox) and going to mortal realm for him but didn't go into details apart from FJ wanting the pimpon fruit for the mortal (YQT) who was DH's general then. So safe to say now DH knows the gist of it.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

9 minutes ago, roxnilla7 said:

The truth? Which parts? I know that he knows she was his fox, but he still doesnt know about her in the mortal realm and the maid part right? 

Liansong already told DH about FJ being his maid, his fox and about the mortal realm (and that FJ needed the pimpon fruit for DJs dead general) in the drama.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

She didn't end well in the  book. I wonder what they did to her in the drama.

I feel like they're setting up YCW and Princess Jiulu :wink: hmmm 

Though some doesn't really like JH, I would like to request we dont do our dislike to her character over the board. 

Her actress is mentally weakened. It worries me that she had an episode before ELOD aired. If the worst happened the show and cast might be affected esp Dilireba :pensive: sucks but haisttt...

Jiheng is back to her clan and as a princess in the book after DH saved her from her "repoisoning". That selfish, desperate act of Jiheng that DH had to leave on the eve of his own wedding reception.

The actress of Jiheng shouldn't be hated even if the character she portrays is so irritating. What happened pre-production of ELOD shouldn't be used against her either. I rather think she is very good and effective acting as Jiheng. Wishing her well too, on her road to recovery.

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

Finally caught up on all the comments. I’m starting to read them daily rather than wait til I finish new eps on Thursday- Saturday—last time I had to read 12 pages! :joy:

Thank you for the preview of Prince Qing. The CGI is really good but bleh, I’m not a huge fan of snakes either. 

@memine @LaxClyne I agree. Still can’t warm up to JH not because I have anything personal against the actress. It’s just I can’t sympathize with JH at all.

She’s done everything she can to try to get DH’s attention but when it didn’t work, she resorted to underhand tactics to try and separate FJ and DH. Tsk, why can’t she be more like Princess Jielue in the drama and just let it go??

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

Love this scene so much, kept replaying it ~

Lian song is looking for death, but it's really rare that he could tease DH so he must grab that chance :joy:

s0gxz93duyuhtdwoqvt2e2sq.gif

• Like 1
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 16
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Love this scene so much, kept replaying it ~

Lian song is looking for death, but it's really rare that he could tease DH so he must grab that chance :joy:

s0gxz93duyuhtdwoqvt2e2sq.gif

:joy: This scene was great. The cultivation he used to enter Fanyin Valley didn't go to waste. In thousands of years that he have known him I bet this is the first time he got to do it. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

2 hours ago, INeedAFan said:

Anyway, I would like to ask about episode 42. I don’t recall any cave scenes from the book(s). Can anyone please explain? Thanks!

It’s towards the end of Book 2 Chapter 8.

• Thanks 2

I just rewatch ep 33 and 34 and here are my feelings:

1. When DH and FJ was to share the ointment to each other, FJ got to her senses, in her line she said "DH Dijun.... The one she once liked. This reminded me that she's  still moving on from him :tears:

2. When its time for DJ to finally met YQ, there will be more depth in their scenes because he knows what FJ did just to revive him. I can already smell his jealousy.

3. The snakes. Coz Im afraid of snakes, got a plan to migrate somewhere cold and snowy so that there will be no snakes anywhere coz they dont thrive in cold weather. Our author has no idea of it :D

Nice episodes, the plot changes here made it more sentimental :heart: 2 more ep laterss

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

Guys, does anyone keep that pic where Yan Chiwu was explaining about his twin brother being a Kunlun disciple? Searched through the pages but no success, so far.

p.s. Found it!

• Like 1

You guys are way too active for me to read everything :sweatingbullets: But I've been enjoying the pages I've seen. I watched up to Ep 33 last night and spoiled myself with the kiss scenes in Ep 35 and 42 :wub:

Anyway, Iike some of you, I like the fact that they are playing up Miao Luo's influence on characters such as Ji Heng, and indirectly, Yan Chi Wu. I think it makes sense in the narrative. Although they kept some important consequences such as

Dijun still casually handing over the pimpon/Saha fruit to Ji Heng

in order to trigger events like Aranya's dream. 

I also like how Dijun is so expressive in the Fanyin Valley. And all the jealous bits. HAHA. I was literally squeezing my pillows and blankets as I watched! Haven't felt so fluttery for dramas in a while - I mean, some dramas have them in bits but the chemistry between V + D is really quite special. 

Another thing is I feel the production thinks about the changes and properly lays down the foundations for it in earlier episodes - like the red air thing appearing in FJ/Jiu Ge's room even before anything happens - so we know Miao Luo is aware and capable of being somewhere even while being suppressed. And so it makes sense when she influences Ji Heng - it's not a random event.

Anyway, time to watch more episodes! :ph34r:

• Like 5

Ep34

i nearly cried in the scene where Lian Song telling DJ the whole story of what FJ did for him. I read it in the book but the scene was very emotional what she went their him. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just got done with eps 33 and 34! Wwwoooohhhh! What a roller coaster ride of emotions! There was happiness, giddyness, laughter, excitement, sadness, despair, anger (y'all know which part), sweetness.... *le sigh* all these emotions in just 2 episodes... 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@roxnilla7 i hope the other have helped me clear about what DJ know so far... basically he knows the glossary, thanks to LS, but yeah not the details yet..

@lizzy23 yeah, 'halu' (bahasa slang; meaning being unrealistic, origin from hallucination) and lebay (another bahasa slang; meaning being too much, so extra) right?? :crazy:

Right, like you too, i also know the borderline of fictional and reality, ne hating jiheng is purely me disliking the character in drama la~. The fact that the actress can make me dislike her role mean she did a good job..

@Em D @LaxClyne the register for Jiheng's haters and DongFeng's protection squad is open now... let's images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6XJQhJcMwm-j9Tr4EOuh

@9tRedFox your wish is my command!!! 

-this slot used to be picture you requested, but not anymore....- :lol:

EDIT: Aiyaaaa.. you found it... i delete the pic, i rather post many dongfeng pic instead, that's why xiaoyan got deleted this time hehehe

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Hello my PB family.  I have been following this forum since the beginning of time :D  I love coming here daily to check up on updates and news.

So I just got done with episode 42.  Episode 42 is wow.  It was super cute and romantic.  I love the change that they made but I have a feeling that this change is base on Donghua’s fake memory.  In the book, the fake memories that he created was Fengiu forgave him, they made up and she always knew he was Donghua.  Maybe, they’ll show Fengiu’s real memories later during the time she get her memories back.  Crossing my finger that this is not the case and they will come up with a better new plot. :sweatingbullets::D

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, I hate the stone of fate in TMOPB much more than Ji Heng. Without her, it would be too much sweetness, to the point of throwing up :tounge_wink:

• LOL 3

Wwooooww I didn't read the topic just one dy and I have to catch up with 10 pages :joy:

You guys are awesome! :D

I just finished ep 34 and seeing dong hua jealous is so cute :joy:

And Lian Song seriousness in gossiping is hilarious as hell :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3