[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

DH is a complex character, he's not a "perfect hero", and he shatters a lot of drama troupe/romance novel ideals, and shatters FJ expectations too so I get why some people don't like him. he's an "anti-hero". Reading/watching is like seeing a rock learn how to love, how to be a person, and how to communicate. He gets it wrong a lot of the time though he has good intentions.

There's a line that accurately describes how he decides what to do, it's like he'd use whatever means necessary regardless of "right or wrong" as long as it was useful he didn't really care

Also when it comes to his XB, he's always surprised by her actions/reactions and isn't quite sure what to do. 

He gives himself credit for seeing FJ's potential and worth, but she's the one I think who had "keener" sight  or just as keen as his lol,  he's also a diamond in the rough who FJ polished.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, kdfan2014 said:

A good summary of the 3 lifes; from FJ and DH's perspective. 

The director mentioned that during Aranya's dream, DJ will be jealous of CY and FJ and he will be doing something that he shouldn't be doing. I got the feeling that he will be doing something really bad that will make him want to alter FJ memory when they get out of dream. 

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, xiaoxf said:

DH is a complex character, he's not a "perfect hero", and he shatters a lot of drama troupe/romance novel ideals, and shatters FJ expectations too so I get why some people don't like him. he's an "anti-hero". Reading/watching is like seeing a rock learn how to love, how to be a person, and how to communicate. He gets it wrong a lot of the time though he has good intentions.

There's a line that accurately describes how he decides what to do, it's like he'd use whatever means necessary regardless of "right or wrong" as long as it was useful he didn't really care

Also when it comes to his XB, he's always surprised by her actions/reactions and isn't quite sure what to do. 

He gives himself credit for seeing FJ's potential and worth, but she's the one I think who had "keener" sight  or just as keen as his lol,  he's also a diamond in the rough who FJ polished.

Well said, this is why I find PB interesting, and DH - FJ pairing, its so unlike usual romantic story , their relationship is intriguing

• Like 6

8 hours ago, angelangie said:

i think u can ignore them......everyone have their own perspectives and lets not bring this negativity into soompi shall we?

what happen in other platform we honestly cant control...and we have no right to say whether they are right or wrong.....

Sorry  i just went mad when i reed it that i just wanted to rant about it, it saddens me to think because this things eternal love of dream is being underestimated , it won't happen  again 

I agree i thing Donghu big well point is that he doesnt  share  his  plans o what he thinks i undesrtand why, he was alone all his life  , stron as he  is like he said a lot of people  come  to ask him protection, they always told him their problems but he never got the change to talk to someone about his or even felt someone care about him so he became a solitary ruler used to take care of everything by himself without help so he must have  very moved when he saw fengjiu trying  to protect him even when she is  more weak  than  him  . Fengjiu just got more reserved  she just doesnt  want to get hurt again  by  his  love for Donghua  i think her denial  is a selfdefence mecahanism , and to me those weak points of both and not "destiny" were what made them broke apart and that their break time was for Donghua to realize he must have been  honest with fengjiui and for fengjiu to realize Donghua  really loved her and that she should trust him , I  love  how this  has been  portrayed in the drama  they really got and understand well their story

• Like 6

Spoiler

For both of our reputations, it’s best to come to Lady Nuwa so we can mutually . . .” His countenance was calm, but his eyes were ice cold, “I won’t mutually separate from you, Xiao Bai. You’ll always be my wife to the day I die.” “Today, you’re . . .” He rubbed his temple and continued her sentence, “I’m a little scary today, aren’t I? Don’t be afraid.”

This scene actually made me cryy, I cant wait to see it in the show. You can tell how much he cant live without fengjiu and shes just over him at this point. This is your fault donghua!! Making all these misunderstandings..:bawling:

• Sad 8
  • Awesome 1

Was able to watched some subbed episodes and totally agreed with Ji Heng's view that in Dong Hua's eyes there are only two types of women. The one who is his Empress hence the only woman who will have his undivided attention and love and the other women will be just the rest of the species.  

I know that Dong Hua is a control freak where Feng Jiu is concerned that he overdid in all his actions but that is because he is stepping into something that is quite new for him too.

He made a mistake thinking because she is young and in need of his guidance but forgetting as a couple they are suppose to be equal.

I will likely to be rewatching again and again all the Aranya's Dream episodes until Thursday. 

• Like 8
  • Love 3

Hello peeps I'm back! Finally had some time to catch up with the current episodes, and oh my oh my! I am so in love with everything~

Ohhhhhh Aranya's Dream is lovely :wub: I'm just so satisfied with how the story's progressing and can't stop fangirling over the sweet moments between DH/FJ yeeeeeeet -- I just wanna keep looping those clips and screaming over the cuteness of it all (we can't deny how cute Donghua is when he's deliberately being coy and acting innocent in front of Fengjiu :P)

Anyways, I agree that DH is a total newbie when it comes to relationships hahaha - he's so insecure about how FJ actually feels about him, that he second-guesses every sentence/action she says and gets jealous about every little thing lol. FJ bewildered by everything is so cute hahah because she never suspects DH's possesiveness over her xD

Not gonna lie - I was so done with Liansong when he kept poking Donghua about Fengjiu's motive for winning the Pinpo fruit xD -- and then when DH starts doubting FJ again I totally threw up my hands in frustration "NO THANKS TO YOU LIANSONG"

But I'm glad he's also the one that pierced the veil of FJ's past with DH - it was heartbreaking when DH realized that the fox he loved was Xiaobai all along, and that he shouldn't have doubted her love for him :tears:

Well that's all from me, I haven't had time to catch up with previous posts yet (still stuck at around page 201 or so??) but I'm too busy/lazy to do so yet :lol: University is killing all my time with so many assignments and tests at the same time rip...Wish me luck!

Edit: oh man I just realized that it's out until ep42? Lollll more catching up to do later but I'm not sure if I even have the time :bawling:

• Like 5
  • Love 3

55 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

Was able to watched some subbed episodes and totally agreed with Ji Heng's view that in Dong Hua's eyes there are only two types of women. The one who is his Empress hence the only woman who will have his undivided attention and love and the other women will be just the rest of the species.  

I know that Dong Hua is a control freak where Feng Jiu is concerned that he overdid in all his actions but that is because he is stepping into something that is quite new for him too.

He made a mistake thinking because she is young and in need of his guidance but forgetting as a couple they are suppose to be equal.

Yes I think he does that because he is afraid fengjiu gets into troubles or puts her life in danger  but I agree he should give her more credit and that is his hard lesson to learn 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bai Gun Gun said:
  Reveal hidden contents

For both of our reputations, it’s best to come to Lady Nuwa so we can mutually . . .” His countenance was calm, but his eyes were ice cold, “I won’t mutually separate from you, Xiao Bai. You’ll always be my wife to the day I die.” “Today, you’re . . .” He rubbed his temple and continued her sentence, “I’m a little scary today, aren’t I? Don’t be afraid.”

This scene actually made me cryy, I cant wait to see it in the show. You can tell how much he cant live without fengjiu and shes just over him at this point. This is your fault donghua!! Making all these misunderstandings..:bawling:

There's a recent BTS of Jiheng full of that cold poison and she was holding that crystal scale while talking to DH. As per book, it went downhill from there, when DH had to leave FJ on eve of their own wedding celebration to cure Jiheng. She was so selfish to use DH promise to her father asking him too not to have anyone in his life.

And yes, if only they had really opened up and really talked, DH and FJ won't have so much heartaches and would have welcome BGG together.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

There's a recent BTS of Jiheng full of that cold poison and she was holding that crystal scale while talking to DH. As per book, it went downhill from there, when DH had to leave FJ on eve of their own wedding celebration to cure Jiheng. She was so selfish to use DH promise to her father asking him too not to have anyone in his life.

And yes, if only they had really opened up and really talked, DH and FJ won't have so much heartaches and would have welcome BGG together.

I knoww! Can you post the link?:heart:

• Like 1

I blamed their misunderstandings on the outsiders.  Each time when they came to an understanding of each other, their love for each other was shaken by outsiders who fed them the wrong info ... thereby breaking their already fragile relationship.  

YCW & JH are the worst. They fed FJ with  so many misunderstandings about DH love interest right from the start. LS didn't help the situation by gloating DH on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

That's the biggest mistake DH made. He shouldn't be going to JH on his wedding day. He should only to help her after he has gone through the ceremony.  By abandoning FJ on their wedding day to go save JH, he is blatantly telling FJ that JH is more mportant in his life than FJ. In FJ eyes, DH has always loved JH more. Hence I won't blame FJ for the misunderstanding and gave up on DH. Since DH don't love her at all, she might as well bring up their son alone and be gone from his sight rather than make him shoulder the responsibility. I don't think she did it out of anger towards DH ... perhaps more on the logic that since DH doesn't love her, why trap him in a loveless marriage and be responsible for the baby she is carrying. Her love for DH is too great to laden DH with that. 

I might be wrong in my analysis since I didn't read the book.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

That's the biggest mistake DH made. He shouldn't be going to JH on his wedding day. He should only to help her after he has gone through the ceremony.  By abandoning FJ on their wedding day to go save JH, he is blatantly telling FJ that JH is more mportant in his life than FJ. In FJ eyes, DH has always loved JH more. Hence I won't blame FJ for the misunderstanding and gave up on DH. Since DH don't love her at all, she might as well bring up their son alone and be gone from his sight rather than make him shoulder the responsibility. I don't think she did it out of anger towards DH ... perhaps more on the logic that since DH doesn't love her, why trap him in a loveless marriage and be responsible for the baby she is carrying. Her love for DH is too great to laden DH with that. 

FJ agreed that DH goes to help JH as XY said she was poisoned again. There's the backstory too of JH's father DH's previous top general, and that he promised him that he'll take care of JH when he was dying. 

Hope you find the time to read the book. :) I promise it's a roller coaster ride of your feelings while reading it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

In defense of DH in this scene, it was a 'dire' situation for JH, he didn't really like to be there with her and DH cut ties with her not even fulfilling JH wish. And in DH worst luck Miao Lou acted during this time holding him up for days, the reason he returned too late for FJ grace period for him.

DH did bad decision with FJ coz its his first time.

But also timing was really against him, and doesnt want him to be happy:(

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, katfindlay said:

The director mentioned that during Aranya's dream, DJ will be jealous of CY and FJ and he will be doing something that he shouldn't be doing. I got the feeling that he will be doing something really bad that will make him want to alter FJ memory when they get out of dream. 

Oh no!!!!! I wonder what that may be since he told fengjiu who they really are I'm afraid he could do something worst than taking size identity!!  nooo what are you gonna do this time Donghua!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, scorpio1m said:

Where can I find the book or pdf version? I see so many of you referring to "the book", I want to read it too! I am up to Episode 36 on FastDrama.me but for some reason I can't go back and watch the older episodes...:( 

I created an ePub of The Pillow Book and include the mini specials. PM your email address and I will send it to you if you’re interested.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1