[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, memine said:

Read on weibo, some account disliking/hate Dijun's action giving pimpon fruit to Jiheng and DH is not worthy to be with FJ, FJ sacrifices a lot for him already and will still hurt the most in the end... your opinion ladies? 

hhahahahhaha sorry DJ I kinda have to side with them cause I was fuming when I read this part in the novel, like I literally wanted to go into the novel and shake him :tounge_wink:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, memine said:

@jimmylyne

weibo, some account disliking/hate Dijun's action giving pimpon fruit to Jiheng and DH is not worthy to be with FJ, FJ sacrifices a lot for him already and will still hurt the most in the end... your opinion ladies? 

A little special feast to YQT's fangirls here

ykc3S9s.jpg

Don't click open this spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

Didn't I told you not to... well here's for you

F59csSh.jpg

:kiss_wink:

TY for there eye candy :relaxed:, I really wanted more QT in the book especially, we get more of him in the drama.  Which is what I was hoping for,  so props to the script writers.

I wished there was someone who wasn't DH to compete for FJ affections,  XZ doesn't count bc it was still DH.

I actually wasn't rooting for DH at all when I read the book the first (few)times,  and still am on the fence about it every now and then. Lol.

I understand why ppl are saying DH doesn't deserve FJ, but also I understand why DH did what he did. He was jealous,  what he did was self serving,  but also he thought it was harmless. Later when he alters her memories,  he does it knowing what might happen,  but he's more afraid and insecure that he'll lose FJ. Also,  his intentions aren't to make her a fool, it's just to make it easier for him to prove how much he really loves her, bc he knows she wouldn't believe him, he saw this first hand when he's trying to treat her as XZ and she turns him away thinking he's possessed or being coerced but before that when she first woke up after falling into the dream, unconsciously her mind was already suspicious of his intentions and questioning if he was real. She had hoped for him to come so many times to help her,  but was always disappointed.  Also,  he lost her once already, when she was his pet and when that happened she never came back.  I didn't start rooting for DH until he heard how FJ moved on bc she realized she couldn't rely on him,  this was bc up until that point he wasn't really aware that she had really misunderstood his feelings and intentions and he's devastated. Also, he does what he does bc he's aware of FJ temperament and knows she's stubborn in many ways. Once she sets her mind to something she'll give it her all,  until she achieves it and if not she'll give up on it altogether. It doesn't excuse him, but also he suffered for his choices A LOT actually. He spends 200 years uncertain if he'll ever see her again, certain he'll die before he does and the only thing he has are his memories with her.  He's just like CY, only aware of her feelings and all the things she did for him after the fact, he loves her after she's moved on/ gone, and spends the rest of his life trying to get her back.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Insightful 1

12 minutes ago, xiaoxf said:

TY for there eye candy :relaxed:, I really wanted more QT in the book especially, we get more of him in the drama.  Which is what I was hoping for,  so props to the script writers.

I wished there was someone who wasn't DH to compete for FJ affections,  XZ doesn't count bc it was still DH.

I actually wasn't rooting for DH at all when I read the book the first (few)times,  and still am on the fence about it every now and then. Lol.

I understand why ppl are saying DH doesn't deserve FJ, but also I understand why DH did what he did. He was jealous,  what he did was self serving,  but also he thought it was harmless. Later when he alters her memories,  he does it knowing what might happen,  but he's more afraid and insecure that he'll lose FJ. Also,  his intentions aren't to make her a fool, it's just to make it easier for him to prove how much he really loves her, bc he knows she wouldn't believe him, he saw this first hand when he's trying to treat her as XZ and she turns him away thinking he's possessed or being coerced but before that when she first woke up after falling into the dream, unconsciously her mind was already suspicious of his intentions and questioning if he was real. She had hoped for him to come so many times to help her,  but was always disappointed.  Also,  he lost her once already, when she was his pet and when that happened she never came back.  I didn't start rooting for DH until he heard how FJ moved on bc she realized she couldn't rely on him,  this was bc up until that point he wasn't really aware that she had really misunderstood his feelings and intentions and he's devastated. Also, he does what he does bc he's aware of FJ temperament and knows she's stubborn in many ways. Once she sets her mind to something she'll give it her all,  until she achieves it and if not she'll give up on it altogether. It doesn't excuse him, but also he suffered for his choices A LOT actually. He spends 200 years uncertain if he'll ever see her again, certain he'll die before he does and the only thing he has are his memories with her.  He's just like CY, only aware of her feelings and all the things she did for him after the fact, he loves her after she's moved on/ gone, and spends the rest of his life trying to get her back.

Extract from the English translation after DH and FJ left Aranya dream They left Aranya's Dream and Dong Hua altered Feng Jiu's memories to preserve the fate they had together.

@xiaoxf Why did DH alter FJ's memories to preserve the fate they had together? Any idea?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, kdfan2014 said:

@xiaoxf Why did DH alter FJ's memories to preserve the fate they had together? Any idea?

PB 2, page 354

Dijun raised his hand to rub his forehead. “I called for the Stone of Destiny. It said our fate is too fragile and must not be subjected to too much turbulence. Xiao Bai still has some misgivings toward me… at this time if she remembers I was lying to her in Aranya's Dream, I can't say for sure what's going to happen. This is the only risk I don't dare take. No matter how I think about it, this is still the best solution.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, elsanna said:

As a person I still think he could have tried to tell the truth to FJ. Why he was with jiheng and how much he loves her...but nah he chose wrong path:sweatingbullets:

In the novel, he lies a lot. Considering all the risks, I could understand why he chose to alter FJ's memories. But in the drama (as of ep42), 

Spoiler

he already explained to FJ about why he gave Saha fruits to JH, about him chasing after her into Aranya's Dream because he love her. Their relationship was pretty good. 

I don't know if there will be any plot twist later that will make him want to use that memory-altering medicine. :unsure:

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

You are too kind ... just shaking him only? 

I want to god smack his head a few times for that.

:joy::joy::joy:

hahahahahah, after reading more than once, my anger reduce reading that part again and again, but the first time reading TPB novel, i keep on asking, does DJ really truly love FJ cause when he left her at the end for a while for JH, I was like, I dont wanna read this anymoreeee :bawling:

• Sad 1

Just wanted to share an old post @redfoxprincess about her take on DH characterization..

Read her post make me understand more about DH characters in the Books 

@xiaoxf @elsanna @atikah sani

Firstly, DH’s greatest flaw is that he does not discuss with others before he does things, and from his somewhat rightful (arguable) sense of entitlement is his infamous shamelessness. He’s a steamroller. His kingliness spills over into governing his personal relationships, and this is the cause of much suffering between him & FJ. Even Liang Song his best friend, after DH & FJ return from Aranya’s Dream, suggested DH should openly and honestly tell FJ everything that happened rather than just formulate and secretly feed her the memory-altering pill. There are so many times when he just makes decisions and does things without any communication, which causes many misunderstandings, complicating their weak/doomed fate. When pregnant FJ leaves DH for the mortal realm, she also laments that DH has always just done everything as he wished and she never truly understood him, and still was not sure about how he felt towards herself or Ji Heng. From the very beginning, from his playful flirtatious behaviour towards FJ after YHBQ’s wedding, the hot spring encounter and deliberately walking to her and looking at her naked, at the newly-minted immortals induction ceremony he was openly embarrassing her about the hot spring encounter, when she was drunk taking her to her room and staying with her (when really he shouldn’t have done this himself but as if he would care!), keeping FJ-the-handkerchief trapped in his body and taking her to battle and then causing her to drop into Fanyin Valley, trapping her in his force field for 10 days when he trained her for the competition, switching out the Saha Fruit prize for the Heavenly peaches, contemplating killing Xiao Yan so he could have FJ all to himself, taking on Xize’s identity and continuing to pretend to be Xize when he was with her, (and here’s the worst and also most relevant part) pretending to be Xize and having sex with her - did you know that in many countries this is classified as ‘rape by deception’? He would not be able to claim the defence of ‘mistaken identity’ because he used deception deliberately and wilfully - informed consent from her is not possible. Obviously, we can’t use a 21st century legal lens while reading historical high fantasy, but the point i’m trying to make is that DH is far from perfect, but its his shamelessness and all his flaws connected to the fact that he is the ‘master of the universe’ that we (and FJ) love and hate at the same time. He didn’t ‘forcefully’ rape her, but she also did not give informed consent because he took her by deception. However, he knew how much she loved him all these years and he was absolutely in love with her now, so he saw it as harmless. I was actually quite miffed at this part of the novel the first time i read it, but have come to appreciate how cleverly controversial it is when i put my legalistic mind aside. So for DH to one-sidedly go ahead and legally register their marriage is but one of a continuous chain of decisions he just steamrolls her with. It all culminates in leaving FJ to save Ji Heng the night before their wedding, and fate delivers all its blows to him after that. Does DH redeem himself? Many readers would argue that the 200 years he spent looking for FJ and preparing for his death was his character redemption. He could choose and control everything in life, but he was (very almost nearly) bound to die. Does his character improve after the 200 year separation - especially after FJ gave him a taste of his own medicine by wordlessly leaving him while pregnant, and raising their son without him, and on their reunion, rejects all his gifts and attempts to cut ties with him, and he finds out suddenly that all this time she had been hiding the fact that they had a son? Both DH & FJ’s character development arcs are very interesting, controversial and memorable. This is one of the many reasons i love this book SO MUCH!!!

Secondly, and this sounds contradictory, but i think Tang Qi did this deliberately. Despite DH steamrolling all decisions without consulting anyone (with a sense of entitlement that is fit for his status), deep inside, he cares deeply about others. He cares deeply about Liang Song and even Liang Song’s attempts to woo Cheng Yu, and helps him with his dagger design. He cares deeply about Ji Heng’s father and time and time again brought himself trouble because of Ji Heng’s antics. He cares deeply about the world and for millenia has been secretly (only to Mo Yuan’s knowledge) dealing with the Huiming Realm toxins, fighting Miao Luo, sacrificing his spirit essence and cultivation, to save the world. This goes hand-in-hand with him so-called being loveless, desireless and emotionless, not having a care in the world, yet also being the master of the universe, the king who sprung forth from the Blue Sea and unified a warring universe, bringing peace to all. Eventually, this king crosses paths with FJ. He cares deeply about FJ but he makes all decisions for her and treats her a bit like a child he is caring for the whole time. Legally registering their marriage because they had sex is yet another one of those ways in which he cares for her, but does it without communication, without consultation, and without a care for how she feels. Because he had taken her virginity, he takes reponsibility by securing their legal marriage through formal registration. Countless women over millenia have tried to crawl into his bed, yet he tosses them out like rubbish. The first time this entitled yet emotionless king, who has everything and could have anyone he wanted, actually falls in love, it takes him by surprise how hard it is - FJ (as Aranya) advises him to treasure and hold on to this love because it is so hard to come by and grasp onto. Therefore, it’s a big deal to him, because FJ is the first woman he’s been with and his first love and she means everything to him. Registering their marriage literally ‘ties’ her to him! And yet, to abandon her after this would be absolutely reprehensible, as he not only had sex with her, but did it under a disguised identity. Therefore, again, he did the right thing but did it the wrong way. Isn’t this so telling of how we always feel about DH? The conflicting feelings arising from his conflicting character are addictive. He is so bloody flawed yet we forgive him. He is yet another personification of the drama-trope flawed male heroine, but he is extra, extra adorable.

• Like 7
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 5
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, SC2019 said:

There is an up and coming scene between XiZe and FJ where they watch the Yueling flowers and FJ thinks that Xize is Su Moye (with the eye masks on). This is what DJ says when FJ asks him “You said you only want to keep one person in your memory. How was she like?”

“Very beautiful,” he told her. “And she'll be even more beautiful when she grows up.” He paused then added: “She has a good personality too.” Then he recalled: “Also very talented. Talented in everything.” And finally concluded: “Everything about her is wonderful.” Then as though he was speaking to himself: “Since I picked her, naturally everything about her is wonderful.”

I think someone posted this earlier, but just wanted to highlight it again - simple, sincere and heartfelt, this this is view of her. Naturally, FJ thinks this description is what Su Moye thinks of Aranya; the irony is that this is how she is being described by the man she loves, who she thinks loves someone else. Stay tuned for that scene!

@springfiry Don't know if you remembered that part, but they changed the scene in the cave where Xize has just fought with the serpent (book) which was changed into Miaoluo (drama), and he confessed to FJ that he is inexperienced when it comes to love/dating/romance, and he needs to learn more. I found that rather hilarious, coming from DJ who is supposed to reign supreme, having to admit that he is lacking in this area. And FJ was so indignant when he said he has to learn (from her?)...:D

@SC2019 I saw that part and remember it! It was so hilarious when he said that and I was giddily giggling away. 

I find Vengo acted very well and was not too over the top with the way he said it.

I like how DH is teasing her here but yet is honest about his own "life experiences". He truly is sincere about making things up to her. I love all the banter here. 

@jimmylyne I love and agree with the analysis from you and @redfoxprincess . Let us not forget that LianSong did say that DHDJ made his way up the hierarchy by not only his fight in wars but also by his wits/intelligence. Having lived so long and being moved by a girl finally, he assessed all odds and decided the best course of action. Sure it was high handed, but as his love for the was so deep, he wanted to ensure all odds were in his favour and within his control. DHDJ didn't get to where he was by being laid back. 

I am not sure how they will finally consummate their relationship now, cause FJ knows Xize is DH , so there is no deception there? 

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Ah...I see YQT shirtless, so I raised you DH!

Hide contents

Damn.. where did his abs go ?! He looks super fair in the bath tub scene.. and I don't think I saw any hair!

Which show is this? I need to watch it asap

@katfindlay Glad I wasn't the only one that found the singing  so weird and awkward.  I don't know if it is Reba's real voice or something. But it sounded so unlike the Dub voice

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, springfiry said:

Damn.. where did his abs go ?! He looks super fair in the bath tub scene.. and I don't think I saw any hair!

Which show is this? I need to watch it asap

@katfindlay Glad I wasn't the only one that found the singing  so weird and awkward.  I don't know if it is Reba's real voice or something. But it sounded so unlike the Dub voice

I know right, it was quite cringing to watch lol when DJ ask her to sing at the cave I was like NOOOO... not again... But the cave version does sound like her Dub voice 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, springfiry said:

@SC2019 I saw that part and remember it! It was so hilarious when he said that and I was giddily giggling away. 

I find Vengo acted very well and was not too over the top with the way he said it.

I like how DH is teasing her here but yet is honest about his own "life experiences". He truly is sincere about making things up to her. I love all the banter here. 

@jimmylyne I love and agree with the analysis from you and @redfoxprincess . Let us not forget that LianSong did say that DHDJ made his way up the hierarchy by not only his fight in wars but also by his wits/intelligence. Having lived so long and being moved by a girl finally, he assessed all odds and decided the best course of action. Sure it was high handed, but as his love for the was so deep, he wanted to ensure all odds were in his favour and within his control. DHDJ didn't get to where he was by being laid back. 

I am not sure how they will finally consummate their relationship now, cause FJ knows Xize is DH , so there is no deception there? 

I love this side of DHs .. he's such a great lover.. the way he treats FJ so lovingly ..so caring..his soft voice , softest stare , softest caresses ..and that open mouthed kiss.. Make my heart fluttering..make me feels giddy..:love:.

Agreed with Liansong..:D

DH's thoughts after he give FJ memory altering pill :

"would she hate him when she recalled this period? Off course he had thought of this, it was giving him a slight headache. But unlike warfare's strategies, where counter measures could be arranged in advanced, he could only improvise when the time come. Once he saw her reaction, he would know how to coax her again "

Dongfeng's consummation.. another altered..another intriguing new plots , we have yet to see..so anxious :sweatingbullets:

can't wait..

• Like 2