[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

I know there are no news on the other cast yet. But someone asked "Cheng Yu" (actress Wang Ting 王汀) on 25 Jan in her weibo....if she would be in the Pillow Book, Wang Ting replied a smiling face....w/o saying yes or no.

* All in chinese.

https://www.weibo.com/1984841003/FFh2KtG0z?filter=hot&root_comment_id=4200073363477770&type=comment#_rnd1517241350552

Furthermore her weibo has followed the Pillow Book official weibo as well.

For the 3rd prince Lian Song , the actor Li Dong Heng 李东恒....someone also asked in his weibo but he didn't reply anything. The closest ref was in dec 2017, a short clip where someone asked him if his char and Cheng Yu would be together or not, he replied something like why u r so concerned? (the way he said it, think it's dialect or strange accent).

https://www.weibo.com/1274104135/FAHBKyBSP?from=page_1003061274104135_profile&wvr=6&mod=weibotime&type=comment

Btw he, Wang Xiao 王骁 (the actor as Si Ming) and Vengo Gao Weiguang attended a friend's wedding in nov 2017.

Spoiler

1st pic....Wang xiao (2nd guy), Li Dong Heng (bottom right).

4bf14947ly1fle8ek5vfej20zk0qo125.jpg

2nd pic. Vengo (left), Wang (right)

752a7063ly1fle7jdklpej21w02ionpg.jpg

Same, Wang Xiao was also asked about his Si Ming's role...he didn't reply. But one thing is he is under the same agency 嘉行传媒 as Vengo and Reba....all under Yang Mi. And this company is directly involved in the drama. So my guess is chances is quite high.

Wang's weibo : https://www.weibo.com/u/1505989231

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, cenching said:

I don’t know why but I think Vengo Gao is much more handsome in his white long hair (he looks majestic) than in his original short black one....hehe

Haha, Fengjiu thought so too :D. There is a scene after she cut off one of her tails, she was joking Donghua looked a bit ugly in his human form.

• LOL 5

Original short black one....cenching is referring to his modern day hair, right? 

Ya, as Donghua, think the long white hair piece mildly "stretched" his face....so less wrinkles....and maybe the lighting and some post-production enhancement, he look more "immortal".

Then if referring to his human emperor appearance, perhaps the long beard didn't suit his look. 

Frankly speaking Gao has an unusual look (but he said he's 100% han chinese) which some chars' hairstyle and look doesn't look good on him (except Donghua of course)....eg Xuan-Yuan Sword - Han Cloud.

Spoiler

u=1678697326,402053503&fm=20

• Like 3

In xuan yuan sword Han cloud he looks like a crossdresser to me. It's probably because of the hairstyle and the clothing. In Legend of Fu Yao he looks good though. But I like him best as DH. The long white hair really suits him. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

Original short black one....cenching is referring to his modern day hair, right? 

Ya, as Donghua, think the long white hair piece mildly "stretched" his face....so less wrinkles....and maybe the lighting and some post-production enhancement, he look more "immortal".

Then if referring to his human emperor appearance, perhaps the long beard didn't suit his look. 

Frankly speaking Gao has an unusual look (but he said he's 100% han chinese) which some chars' hairstyle and look doesn't look good on him (except Donghua of course)....eg Xuan-Yuan Sword - Han Cloud.

Reveal hidden contents

u=1678697326,402053503&fm=20

Yup, I am referring to his own hair....:lol: I don’t like his human Emperor looks also. He looked the best as DH. He looks mixed though plus he got the height. 

China is a huge country with equally huge population and thousands years of civilisation. I am sure somewhere along the line there was a cross breeding....:lol: Me myself also a Chinese that doesn’t look like Chinese too....:tongue:

Tbh, not many actors look good in ancient styling. The hair particularly can either made them extraordinarily gorgeous or extraordinarily dreadful....IMO, actors with classic Chinese features look best in ancient garbs. While almost all actresses look good in ancient styling. 

In Peach Blossoms, I was a bit put off with YeHua’s Sadako hairstyle at first but MC made it up with  his stellar acting....:wub:

Dang!! Can I unseen that picture of Gao in the spoiler?!?!? :astonished: It destroyed my mental image of DH completely......:lol:

• LOL 6

43 minutes ago, cenching said:

Dang!! Can I unseen that picture of Gao in the spoiler?!?!? :astonished: It destroyed my mental image of DH completely......:lol:

U do know that pic in purple is of him in another drama Xuan Yuan Sword, right? Not for Pillow Book. 

Ya...Yehua...i remember some viewers joked that he was like filming a shampoo ad...how smooth his long hair is...haha.

• LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

@angelangie, @Cedric Ong

I heard YH and QQ’s hair are made from silk not the regular wigs that made from real human hair that’s why it retained the high shines.

The costume department in that drama did an extraordinarily great job, every immortal looks ethereal with their simple but elegant costumes and styling, the filters helped a lot too....the best costumes in any drama so far....I hope the Pillows Book can at least at par with the original Peach Blossoms. Who will produce the Pillow Book? Croton? 

• Like 3

I read that Dilireba fans are not happy that she is doing this drama, which was surprising to me. They sent a letter to the company with reasons why they think this is a bad choice for her. I dont think they like her company too much. But without her company I dont think she would be as popular since her company really pushed for her.

I do agree that she has worked too many times with Vengo, which is something this company likes to do and it gets tiring, but this is the only time where I think she is set to gain a lot more. I honestly dont see a downside to this role even if it is a webdrama. 

005zgA6Wly1fnzsxprwr1j30j62cbkda.jpg

005zgA6Wly1fnzsxq3e35j30j62ojnlp.jpg

005zgA6Wly1fnzsxq36wbj30j62faqrv.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mrsyooknit said:

I read that Dilireba fans are not happy that she is doing this drama, which was surprising to me. They sent a letter to the company with reasons why they think this is a bad choice for her. I dont think they like her company too much. But without her company I dont think she would be as popular since her company really pushed for her.

I do agree that she has worked too many times with Vengo, which is something this company likes to do and it gets tiring, but this is the only time where I think she is set to gain a lot more. I honestly dont see a downside to this role even if it is a webdrama.

#EyesRolled

I thought I have seen it all regarding C fandoms' antics  *cough* ZLY's LGX's *cough*

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cenching said:

#EyesRolled

I thought I have seen it all regarding C fandoms' antics  *cough* ZLY's LGX's *cough*

I have seen worse :lol:

17 minutes ago, angelangie said:

some times fans set to think they know the best for the artist.... :/ im not sure about them but i pretty much like the ideas of the sequel for a better wrap up on FengJiu and i cant see another as FengJiu

yeah, I don't think fans would have been happier with anyone else and for both of them this is their best known role and the chances of success are higher than with other dramas imo.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

Reveal hidden contents

005zgA6Wly1fnzsxprwr1j30j62cbkda.jpg

005zgA6Wly1fnzsxq3e35j30j62ojnlp.jpg

005zgA6Wly1fnzsxq36wbj30j62faqrv.jpg

first season was huge they stupid. 

• Like 3

So excited hope it starts filming soon I want to watch it so badly the movie version of 3L3W wasnt as good as the tv show mostly because they had to squeeze the book into 2 hours i also thought the cgi was bad i dont see the point of having a movie version when the tv version just came out 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

Ya like they know best, being a fan doesn't make you an agent. I agree that she did many rules with Vengo, but this time their characters were a hit, and no one wants to see other actors portray them, like its custom made to fit them. besides, Dili pretty much did all the chasing before and was complaining, so maybe this time she can have her wish (maybe she did with P&P but didn't watch it?), and vengo can be the lead instead of a second or a third lead, and hope they will find other things to complain about besides this *rolleyes*

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Some fans truly need to get a life. Probably THEY watched all her Dramas and saw Vengo a lot but I think most others watch it because they liked the story. I never heard about her before 10 Miles of Peach Blossoms. Only after then she just poped up everywhere because she got into my focus. China has so many Dramas, I can't watch them all and I bet Chinese aren't different. They have a life to run.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I might not have read all her fans' comments....but one is she said before she wants to do challenging and different roles....while this Feng Jiu role is the same. But some do look forward to it b'cos she might act the role differently....i think it depends on how they retain or change the storyline of the Pillow Book...if it's a full reboot from the 1st drama....or is there continuation?

The other concern from some of her fans is of course the dispute of the originality of the Three Lifetimes series by that author....the dispute is she copied from other authors' work. And in China, there are many viewers who would just criticise the actors, their company etc for taking up such adapted dramas (from disputed novels). Here...her fans are not criticising anyone but just want to protect her from such criticism.

And the one mentioned in previous post (by mrsyooknit)....that she is paired up with Vengo in too many dramas. This I think it shouldn't be the case where they don't like Vengo....but this scenerio reflects how she is almost always cast under her company-produced/involved dramas...it's mentioned that she is signed under them for 15yrs (this i don't know, it's really that long??).

Thus they feel she will miss chances to act in other dramas (or movies) which might help more in her acting career...or unable to pair up with different actors for versatility (think her other co-star from same company is Zhang Binbin). But for record, she also acted with other actors eg Peter Sheng, Deng Lun, Vic Chou etc.

I know it's not distributed or produced by croton....and the director is different also. There's another related concern which i can't confirm....think the budget/resources used is lower than the 1st drama....so her fans are worried that the new drama would be not as good.

Well, to me....same as some of u feel, Reba is Feng Jiu. I don't see much harm in taking up the role again. It's a well-received role. Perhaps as suggested, she can add something new and better to it in the new drama.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Cedric Ong

I do agree that Jaywalk likes using all their artists over and over again on their dramas. Very few of them have roles outside their in house productions. Even for Dilireba, most of her roles are Jaywalk productions. So while I dislike the repetition of the same cast members they do it to make them popular. They put them all in YangMi's dramas, then the ones that they are heavily promoting, e.g.DLR, get their own drama and they stick the other ones there. So far it has worked for them, just look at how many of them got popular after TMOPB. Another company that has done this with success is Tangren Media.

I personally wish they could tone it back a little, even Tangren spreads their artists out a bit more. But I don't think her fans made the right decision with this, even to me it is obvious that Jaywalk is putting 150% of their effort to make DLR popular. They push super had for her, which is why she had such a good 2017. 

@ReemKanabta

totally unrelated to this topic but I just love JCW,  Poirot (which not many people love) and we share favorite Star Trek series <3  

• Like 3

On 2/2/2018 at 5:42 PM, mrsyooknit said:

@ReemKanabta

totally unrelated to this topic but I just love JCW,  Poirot (which not many people love) and we share favorite Star Trek series <3  

Lol so happy to find someone that shares same taste in TV

Image result for I luv this gif

And I totally agree about what you said regarding JW studios promoting Reba

• Like 1

AHHHHh!! I just saw this and had to check with Soompi to make sure it is NOTTTT a dream!!

WHERE MY 3L3W Vengo and Dilraba shippers at!!!?!?!  Sooo excited!! Whooo HOOOO!! 

I don't care what people say..I"m following this drama from episode 1! 

• Like 2