[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

10 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Hello there,

I'm one of the new ones. Just a couple of months ago only that I discovered TMOPB, and adored DJ and FJ.  I enjoyed reading their story, and happily looked forward for their own series' release. 

I'm quite happy that the series has not deviated much from the book, and much of the scenes are as what I thought it would have been portrayed. The actors and actresses were wonderful and the crew did great. Most of all, I'm glad that there are plenty of familiar faces from TMOPB, and that DJ and FJ are the same for PB. 

My only gripes watching the series? Their make-up. I can't help noticing their necks. Other than that, the English sub is sometimes off. Like that recent trailer DJ is telling FJ that she is amnesiac. Rather than "You're amnesiac", won't it be better if "You're suffering from amnesia"? It's quite the same, but the delivery or impact is different. IMO, the English sub writers can still do better.

Have a great day everyone!

Hahahahaha as a makeup artist myself, I have the same issue about the makeup. I always think to myself why can't they just blend the foundation all the way to the neck so it doesn't look like they are wearing a mask! But after a while I'll get lost in DJ eyes and smile that I forgot all about all this little issues lol

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

26 minutes ago, linh5000 said:

@Leslie Mtz C final verdict...I wish DJ was like that!! :wub: @1:10 was the best..Ooo la la... Thank you for the video!!  

DongHua DiJun reading your post...

8kKWZJ4.gif

"I may not look as buff and manly as that immortal... but it's obvious my body is harder than him, I'm a stone-hard rock anyway":lol:

thankfully you're not insulting or tempting his beloved Xiao Bai, grumpy grandpa is famous with his pettiness and holding his grudges, he might assign you to do something or else, don't be like XiaoYan or SuMoye... :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Kittles said:

Truly, the purest expression of love is sacrificial love. Love that benefits the other can sometimes hurt you.

FJ showed this love to DH and I think that was the straw that broke the camel's back (so to speak) - in winning DH over.

Girl, you said it so well!

FJ really gives 100% of her love and dedication to DH. She’s never had another in her eye and for everything she’s done for him, she’s never demanded anything back. All FJ could ever want was his love but unlike the other girls, she never thought he belonged to her or should reciprocate simply because she loved him. 

It’s just so pure and beautiful despite it being so painful, too. 

———

I’m almost done re-reading the Pillow Book pt 2 and had to stop myself because the Aranya arc just got to me. I think reading the book the first time, I was so consumed by all the fluff that I couldn’t see how much pain FJ had to go through to earn her love. 

I also still see Aranya and Chen Ye as their own persons although they’re in fact just shadows of DH and FJ. Idk if I’m making any sense but maybe it’s because none of them were aware that they were shadows and such, they felt like separate beings (until you discover their ill fates led to the creation of a thin one between DH and FJ). 

Sorry I’m rambling. I’m just so bummed for Aranya & Chen Ye even though I’m grateful for their sacrifice in giving our DongFeng couple a fighting chance :tears:

And I’m so glad I finally caught up to this thread. Had to refrain from entering until I finished ep 30 hehe. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

17 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

thank you !!!!!!! i can watch these easily =)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

Talking about the body in this clip we can see the same scene but in video, what is your verdict girls??

*Another bagua ahjumma here ^^ *

I strongly believe they won't alter/tamper with a BTS video, so it should be his own body B)

I agree, we should discuss further about this until Thursday :P

DH-01.jpg

• Like 2
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Was rewatching ep 24 & 25 with eng sub now ... there are so many things n funny dialogue that I missed out when watching it raw. The eng sub enlightened a lot of things to me. So many parts had me chuckling out loud after I fully understood their dialogue.  For example,  conversation between DH & LS. Omg! It's hilarious.

LS:  Consider carefully who you choose to be your empress. If you marry FJ, you will have to addressYueHua as uncle.

DH resorted:  I'm considering adopting ChengYu as my daughter. What do you think? 

:joy::joy::joy:

Love DH smirks and slight smile. 

I just noticed that DH never denies his great interest in FJ whenever LS tried to pry it out of him. He just evaded the questions.

Ok ... I'm going back to continue watching my ep 25 to 30.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

10 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Was rewatching ep 24 & 25 with eng sub now ... there are so many things n funny dialogue that I missed out when watching it raw. The eng sub enlightened a lot of things to me. So many parts had me chuckling out loud after I fully understood their dialogue.  For example,  conversation between DH & LS. Omg! It's hilarious.

LS:  Consider carefully who you choose to be your empress. If you marry FJ, you will have to addressYueHua as uncle.

DH resorted:  I'm considering adopting ChengYu as my daughter. What do you think? 

:joy::joy::joy:

Love DH smirks and slight smile. 

I just noticed that DH never denies his great interest in FJ whenever LS tried to pry it out of him. He just evaded the questions.

Ok ... I'm going back to continue watching my ep 25 to 30.

Liansong will bitterly call DH " Father in law":D

DH said "she's interesting.."

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

4 hours ago, memine said:

DongHua DiJun reading your post...

Actually, when I was watching this scene (the one where he slaps his forehead), the thought that crossed my mind was "wow DJ has the opportunity to portray a different facial expression - otherwise his normal reactions are very standard: aloof, cold and terse."  LOL

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Can someone enlighten me why ZhiHe doesn't know who FJ is and that she is XiaoJiu the same? (In ep 26)

Thought at the banquet when ZH danced for the King and FJ uncle addressed the issue of ZH being pardoned so easily, he did introduce FJ as the princess of QJ valley.

FJ and XJ face are the same. Why both DH n ZH can't recognise her as the same person. :tounge_xd:

• Like 3

Hi guys! Been waiting for this drama for almost 2 years and I am so happy that Vengo and Reba reprised their roles. I am just sad that I was only able to join the conversation when the drama is already on its second half. So far loving the drama and watching it gives me a breather from my thesis project.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Can someone enlighten me why ZhiHe doesn't know who FJ is and that she is XiaoJiu the same? (In ep 26)

Thought at the banquet when ZH danced for the King and FJ uncle addressed the issue of H being pardoned so easily, he did introduce as the princess of QJ valley.

FJ and XJ face are the same. Why bother n ZH can't recognise her as the same person. :tounge_xd:

Fengjiu has a flower mark on her forehead, while Xiaojiu don't. Same rule applies to Susu vs BaiQian. It's a basic rule in 3L3W universe :P

I guess even if ChenYe stand next to fake-Xize (DH), no one gonna say anything because they have different hair color ^_^

Edited by orenji_neko
  • Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Thanks 2