[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Leaked pic of Donghua as the human crown prince..from a distance. As mentioned b4, different from the previous drama version, his presence in the human realm will not be the emperor. So basically there is no beard...just black hair...and in all white.

7c35772fly1ftedjj55jkj20u01hch93.jpg

I came across some request by fans of Yu Menglong (char bai zhen)  for people to stop linking him with this drama. Maybe it is due to others keep asking (eg in weibo and forum) why he didnt return...and his fans prefer to keep the focus on his own drama where he is the lead.

• Like 1

On a slightly different note, this has been confounding me for a while. Does anyone know where the image below *click to reveal* originates? I have several copies of the official The Pillow Book Pictorial Album that was drawn by Ibuki Satsuki. I also have the special edition copies of the books with the bookmarks and poster. None of them have this image. Was it drawn by a fan that imitated Ibuki Satsuki’s style? Or did Ibuki Satsuki publish the image on her Weibo but not the official book? Or does someone know exactly the source behind this very popular image that appears everywhere? Thanks to anyone who can solve this mystery for me! :)

Spoiler

54231bd2507042000676b821818b63f9.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/16/2018 at 2:33 AM, redfoxprincess said:

While DH was in his 100-year sleep, a part of him (his “shadow”) was dropped by Zhong Lin into Fanyin Valley a.k.a. the “lower realm” and was born as Chen Ye, a bird spirit. The lower realm is a lower part of the heavenly realm where the bird spirits dwell. He never went into the mortal realm. The whole “reincarnate into a mortal emperor” thing was only written by Si Ming into official records so that no one would know DH was asleep. No one knew this except for DH, Zhong Lin and Elder Yun Zhang - this is all revealed in Chapter 16 of Book 2 of The Pillow Book. Not even Si Ming knew, as he only followed instructions to write that DH is to go to the mortal realm, and that is also the same misinformation that FJ learns through Xie Gu Chou and Si Ming. FJ only finds out the truth in the final chapter of the book when Zhong Lin told her that the whole mortal realm thing was a pretence. You need to read the book again if you can’t remember this crucial twist! :)

I just reread the Pillow Book recently and the "Dong Hua reincarnated into emperor" actually happened. The pretense part was the reason why DH requested it. He wanted to let FJ experience a life where they were in love. If it didn't happen, then Qingti would not have been a real person whom FJ owes a lot. This is one aspect of the pillow book that vastly differs from the TMOPB book.

As for the "shadow" being sent to FangJing Valley, DH was recovering from an injury (hence sleeping for a number of years) and his butler was afraid someone evil might know about this and harm him or take over the world. So without telling anyone except for that one god of the underworld (that underworld god is one of the few who could create shadows of a person) he sent a shadow of DH's soul (?) for safekeeping. I think it might work like one of those clones that one can use if the original is dying or whatever. 

1 hour ago, Carol Subtil said:

does anyone know if the number of episodes is still 25?

I think that was just a rumor though, I've heard multiple episode count (ranging from 25, 50 or 60 hahaha).

4 hours ago, Carol Subtil said:

does anyone know if the number of episodes is still 25?

I don't see how this novel can be potrayed in 25 episodes. Even with a single novel like TMOPB is 65 episodes and the book is much shorter than PB..

I'm gonna guess it will be more pass the 50 episodes range...

On 7/21/2018 at 10:32 AM, redfoxprincess said:

On a slightly different note, this has been confounding me for a while. Does anyone know where the image below *click to reveal* originates? I have several copies of the official The Pillow Book Pictorial Album that was drawn by Ibuki Satsuki. I also have the special edition copies of the books with the bookmarks and poster. None of them have this image. Was it drawn by a fan that imitated Ibuki Satsuki’s style? Or did Ibuki Satsuki publish the image on her Weibo but not the official book? Or does someone know exactly the source behind this very popular image that appears everywhere? Thanks to anyone who can solve this mystery for me! :)

Reveal hidden contents

54231bd2507042000676b821818b63f9.jpg

I can't solve the mystery for you, but when I brought the Vietnamese translated version, I got a poster of this...

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2018 at 6:00 PM, ElleSor said:

I just reread the Pillow Book recently and the "Dong Hua reincarnated into emperor" actually happened. The pretense part was the reason why DH requested it. He wanted to let FJ experience a life where they were in love. If it didn't happen, then Qingti would not have been a real person whom FJ owes a lot. This is one aspect of the pillow book that vastly differs from the TMOPB book.

As for the "shadow" being sent to FangJing Valley, DH was recovering from an injury (hence sleeping for a number of years) and his butler was afraid someone evil might know about this and harm him or take over the world. So without telling anyone except for that one god of the underworld (that underworld god is one of the few who could create shadows of a person) he sent a shadow of DH's soul (?) for safekeeping. I think it might work like one of those clones that one can use if the original is dying or whatever. 

Then you need to read it again. You’re getting many aspects of the 10 Miles drama mixed up with The Pillow Book. The “pretense” was requested by ZHONG LIN while DH was ASLEEP. The “experience a life where they were in love” was DRAMA ONLY - the mortal realm arc in the book happened over 300 years BEFORE DH ever met FJ. And FJ owes Qing Ti because he took a stab for her in the mortal realm, because FJ was trying to protect the emperor (whom she believed was DH but actually IS JUST A RANDOM MORTAL). Everything else you said about the shadow is correct. 40 years of shadow in Fanyin Valley PLUS 60 years of pretend reincarnation in mortal realm = DH’s 100 years sleep covered. (Note DH’s shadow was Chen Ye, who lived a few hundred years, but 40 years was the time spent with Aranya while she was alive.)

TVN, THANKS FOR REPOSTING THE POSTERS!!!!!!!!!! Oh perfect that Liu Yu Xin is playing Ji Heng... perfect because everyone hates her already! :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, linh5000 said:

I can't solve the mystery for you, but when I brought the Vietnamese translated version, I got a poster of this...

Thanks! That’s really interesting because every time I try to trace its origins, I end up somewhere Vietnamese...! :)

28 minutes ago, manisha singh said:

Can someone please remind me who Zhe Yan was exactly? I read the book sometime around last year and somehow can't seem to recall his presence! Was he in the Aranya's dream verse?

Zhe Yan is the phoenix god who resides in the Ten Mile Peach Orchard and is a mentor/friend to Bai Qian and Feng Jiu. He is of the older generation gods and is peers with Mo Yuan, Bai Zhi and Dong Hua.

Nice pictures im excited but nervous for this drama ill watch first 5 episodes though and see if i like it. 

50 minutes ago, Carol Subtil said:

I've never read Pillow Book, and I've been avoiding reading because I do not want spoilers of what will happen in the drama.
Can anyone tell me if there will be a secondary couple, just like FJ and DH in TMOPB?

Wont surprise me all drama's have that now day's .

2 hours ago, Carol Subtil said:

I've never read Pillow Book, and I've been avoiding reading because I do not want spoilers of what will happen in the drama.
Can anyone tell me if there will be a secondary couple, just like FJ and DH in TMOPB?

I've read the original Pillow Book in Chinese many times, and I highly recommend it! I think reading the book will give you a better understanding of the drama, I read the Ten Miles of Peach Blossom book before watching the drama and it helped. 

There's a secondary couple in the book which is Song Lian and Cheng Yu, but it's not really described in detail. The author actually planned to write 2 more books in the "Three World Three Lives" series, but they were discontinued a while back, but I read on weibo that she's going to pick up the books again and finish writing them, so they aren't published yet. The third book of the series talks about Song Lian and Cheng Yu, and the 4th book is about Mo Yuan and his long time love interest Shao Wan

• Like 4

3 hours ago, angelangie said:

so we have 3 returning cast....the rest i dont really recognize them lols

Same. It will take a bit to reset all the recasting and take in the new actors. I will without judgement until I see them in action though. Posters are good but colors are too pastel for my liking but it fits the lighter theme. 

Not easy to recognise some actors from the posters...look abit different.

Returning cast are more than 3...i forgot some of the actors" names so i just mention the chars.

Fengjiu.

Donghua

Liansong

Siming

From previous mention...minor chars :

Fengjiu's dad

Tianjun (Heaven king)

One disciple of Moyan (the one who loved the ghost tribe princess) act as another char Yan Ciwu.

And initially rumored to have Daisi (as ghost tribe princess in previous drama) as Jiheng...now turn out to be another actress. 

One surprise is the actor Baron Chen Chuhe as Zheyan (3rd in the list of posters above)..different actor from previous drama. He is known for 2015-16 taiwan drama Bromance where the female lead acted as a guy.

• Like 2

The actress playing the Demon Princess Ji Heng is Liu Yu Xin. It’s caused a huge stir in China because she was the person who initially bought the production rights to The Pillow Book from Tang Qi to create a drama. She was going to star herself as Feng Jiu and Kris Wu Yi Fan as Dong Hua. Basically, the whole of China was disgusted and pissed at her, and petitioned and threatened to boycott her. Firstly, people had already fallen in love with Dilraba & Vengo in 3L3W10MPB. Secondly, she is 30 (too old for Feng Jiu who is supposed to be about 16 or 18 in the book), and her image is not the pure and innocent type (see photo below). Because of the enormous backlash, earlier this year, she finally sold the rights to Penguin company. People in China then petitioned for Penguin to re-cast Dilraba & Vengo in the leading roles. But the 10MPB cast belongs to Yang Mi’s Jaywalk company. I’m sooo thankful that the 2 production companies have been able to agree to collaborate and re-cast Dilraba & Vengo. As expected, there would be actors and actresses from both companies. It would not surprise me if Liu Yu Xin sold the rights on the condition that, even if she can’t play Feng Jiu, she will still get a big role, which is why she now gets to play the enemy love rival Ji Heng. This is why I say she’s perfect for this role, since everyone hates her already. It may or may not be career-ending for her, but emotions will definitely be heightened by her presence. Pic of her:

U3987P28T3D3502831F326DT20111208180031.j

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 1