[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

3 minutes ago, haylyne said:

I read the book and I might say that I like the story in mortal arc. Nothing much have been mention on book, and drama version at least filled it.

Now base on siming words in official trailer, DJ will forgot the tragic romance he went through the mortal arc "When Emperor DJ went through the tragic romance, he may forget everything".

If he ever may know it I think it will not be on aranya's arc, but maybe during investigation abouy YQ to force FJ to show herself!?

Either way I hope DH forgets, it'll be more impactful and dramatic when all is revealed to DH

• Like 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

maybe he is gonna remember it later?? i dont think he will remember her after the mortal arc the cant change the story that much but maybe at the end of aryanas dream arc  when he learns all his previous story with fengjiu 

I don't know, but from that one line in that second final trailer I assumed DH will remember. Whether he never forget it (like in TMOPB) or remember it later, I don't know at all. But my gut feeling is he never forget it. We shall see :)

About story changes for C-drama I just expect the unexpected. I know at least 1 other drama (The Princess Weiyoung) that changed the story so drastically that the two basically are very different things, so the changes in PB (even if my guess is correct that DH never forget FJ) I would consider minor.

Maybe the summary description on Tencent YouTube channel could shed lights on the mortal realm? It states that:
Feng Jiu soon realizes that gratitude has turned into love, however, Dong Hua already forgot what love is.
In order to keep her safe, Dong Hua sends Feng Jiu to the mortal realm, but the guardian he sends together with her unexpectedly dies. While trying to find the immortal fruit that can let her be reborn, Feng Jiu enters the temple of the ghost princess.

Does anyone have any insights regarding this? Does this mortal realm refer to the one with YQT or Fanyin Valley? If they’re talking about the latter, ChenYe didn’t die unexpectedly... If they’re talking about the former, then it’s implied that DJ knew about FJ (which doesn’t make sense at all)??

this is frustrating. I hope it doesn’t deviate too much from the book. Ugh, hate the guessing game... dear Tencent, please release all episodes at once. :triumph:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EmK Loo said:

Maybe the summary description on Tencent YouTube channel could shed lights on the mortal realm? It states that:
Feng Jiu soon realizes that gratitude has turned into love, however, Dong Hua already forgot what love is.
In order to keep her safe, Dong Hua sends Feng Jiu to the mortal realm, but the guardian he sends together with her unexpectedly dies. While trying to find the immortal fruit that can let her be reborn, Feng Jiu enters the temple of the ghost princess.

Does anyone have any insights regarding this? Does this mortal realm refer to the one with YQT or Fanyin Valley? If they’re talking about the latter, ChenYe didn’t die unexpectedly... If they’re talking about the former, then it’s implied that DJ knew about FJ (which doesn’t make sense at all)??

this is frustrating. I hope it doesn’t deviate too much from the book. Ugh, hate the guessing game... dear Tencent, please release all episodes at once. :triumph:

I'm pretty sure when it means mortal realm it's talking about Fanyin Valley...I think, because at this point DH doesn't even know FJ exists
I swear, whoever wrote the summary didn't do a very good job, they need a new job lol

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, lizzy23 said:

I don't know, but from that one line in that second final trailer I assumed DH will remember. Whether he never forget it (like in TMOPB) or remember it later, I don't know at all. But my gut feeling is he never forget it. We shall see :)

It really doesn’t make much sense for the gods to not remember their trials. It’s suppose to be a hardship/obstacle that they need to hurdle over in order to get stronger. BaiQian chose to forget hers because she couldn’t endure the massive pain while she was in Heaven as a mortal. But all other characters remember everything. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, EmK Loo said:

Or, in terms of the drama, it could mean that he knew from the beginning that she was the fox. And wanted for her to be safe during the period when he was asleep/reincarnated and could not protect her himself. And the fruit is supposed to be for her deceased mortal husband not herself, as stated in the summary. Quite confusing...

17 minutes ago, EmK Loo said:

FJ will come to mortal realm again according to book after DJ failed to come back sooner for the wedding, this is her part of training as suggested by Bai Zhi. But let's wait what will it be in drama version, since there is a part in trailer where DJ calling FJ different names and shows in part of xiao bai there is a man beside her.

• Like 1

I dont understand this rating, Pillow book not even in the Top 10?

http://www.dramapanda.com/2020/01/c-drama-ratings-and-celeb-rankings-week_28.html?m=1

I think we should ignore that synopsis/summary, it's very misleading.

BTS ~

https://weibointl.api.weibo.cn/share/117275321.html?weibo_id=4465712859401409

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

http://www.dramapanda.com/2020/01/c-drama-ratings-and-celeb-rankings-week_28.html?m=1

The hype of this drama is long overdue and I don’t think it receives as much as what was expected. However, given that this drama has a long way to go, I hope it picks up.

• Like 1

This is only my two cents....:D. I'm not the script writer :D  just my assumption about current mortal arc as everybody care about.

As for my understanding from the novel story line, this current mortal arc are portraying from feng jiu perspective, it is only right we see dijun as it is now becaus she thought it was dong hua and she want to pay the debt by completing his trial, protect him from the assassin and causing qing ti got killed just to protect her ( even later she got to knows that it was never been dong hua, it's still long way to get there anyway). Dong Hua probably will remember the trial but at this current time as we know dong hua hasn't notice it was feng jiu of qin qiu because they haven't officially meet, (as per novel said was on BQ wedding, and we haven't got to this part yet ), he also didn't know who he was saved before either who the baby fox were. Dong Hua will only realized some part of it right before he go to aranya dream when liang song tell the story he got from drunken Siming. That's why he determined to save feng jiu at any cost even if it's only feng jiu will be saved he gave lian song his last will by then.

Even now we have DongFeng interaction, the real love between two of them is not there yet.

Goooshhhhh I seems too got into this novel:blink:, the novel plot are indeed confusing with many flashback storytelling. Still trying to lure the red thread. Please don't hate me:sweatingbullets:

Thats why all got me excited to see how is this drama next interpretation will be, coz i remember, somewhere i see vengo Interview and said this will mostly follow the book that not right being said as TMOPB sequel.

Peace:kiss_wink:

• Like 4

Ok I just rewatched ep 9 to get some clarity on whether or not it is DH in the current mortal arc or not. DH himself said he needs to experience misfortunes in the mortal realm to recover his cultivation. So from my understanding the crown prince/emperor in the mortal arc is DH himself, unlike the novel, where it was just a rumor and DH never went to the mortal realm and just went for deep sleep (thus the need for the rumor as a cover up to avoid potential chaos).

1 hour ago, EmK Loo said:

It really doesn’t make much sense for the gods to not remember their trials. It’s suppose to be a hardship/obstacle that they need to hurdle over in order to get stronger. BaiQian chose to forget hers because she couldn’t endure the massive pain while she was in Heaven as a mortal. But all other characters remember everything. 

exactly my thoughts- what's the point of going through the trials with the purpose to understand sufferings if at the end the deity forgets it all? :sweatingbullets:  This was my thought for TMOPB though. If, however, remembering is not essential to recover the cultivation (the reason he undergone trial in the drama), then sure it makes sense for him to possibly forget what happens in the trial.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lizzy23 said:

exactly my thoughts- what's the point of going through the trials with the purpose to understand sufferings if at the end the deity forgets it all? :sweatingbullets:  This was my thought for TMOPB though. If, however, remembering is not essential to recover the cultivation (the reason he undergone trial in the drama), then sure it makes sense for him to possibly forget what happens in the trial.

But in TMOPB they all remember it, Yehua also remember and punish Sujin after he is back to Heaven realm.

24 minutes ago, lizzy23 said:

So as my assumption above also almost the same, he probably remember it just he hadn't noticed the person yet. As for why he need to decent to mortal realm, bcz he need longer time to recuperate and it will only possible in mortal realm since it need to be as soon as possible for immortal time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

BTS ~

https://weibointl.api.weibo.cn/share/117275321.html?weibo_id=4465712859401409

I think it's only for the drama that aired at 19:30 and 22:00 (blue highlights)

PB airtime was at 20:00 maybe that why PB not included 

There's is little an explanation/noted if you scroll further down just under the list.

But i could be mistaken tho..

BTS...:heart: it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

But in TMOPB they all remember it, Yehua also remember and punish Sujin after he is back to Heaven realm.

Oh yes of course, only Bai Qian forget it since she chose to. Since there's some discussion on DH possibly forgetting the trial due to what Siming said in the trailer (don't remember if it's been aired yet), this was my two cents on it :) So for me it depends on how they play it in PB. I'm leaning on the "DH remembers it all" possibility.

52 minutes ago, faykey said:

So as my assumption above also almost the same, he probably remember it just he hadn't noticed the person yet. As for why he need to decent to mortal realm, bcz he need longer time to recuperate and it will only possible in mortal realm since it need to be as soon as possible for immortal time.

Yeah I agree on DH not noticing FJ yet. I'm a bit confused on this though since DH did see FJ as a fairy maid (when he used FJ's hairpin to smell the fish or something?)- but maybe because she's just a fairy maid so he didn't think much of her.

As for mortal realm = more time to recuperate I am so lost on this. The rules for time in both TMOPB and PB always confuses me so I just don't even bother anymore :vicx:

15 minutes ago, lizzy23 said:

As for mortal realm = more time to recuperate I am so lost on this. The rules for time in both TMOPB and PB always confuses me so I just don't even bother anymore :vicx:

Same here, :lol:... I just put it, years in mortal are only a few days in heaven,  that's  it...  :lol:

41 minutes ago, lizzy23 said:

I agree on DH not noticing FJ yet. I'm a bit confused on this though since DH did see FJ as a fairy maid (when he used FJ's hairpin to smell the fish or something?)- but maybe because she's just a fairy maid so he didn't think much of her.

I replayed that scene part since someone pointed out that DJ didn't really notice FJ because he's absorbed looking at the fish and the pin. So at this point he not yet seen the face of FJ in immortal realm.

So in summary, after reading all the discussions on page 144 of the forum, it isn't that DH doesn't remember but he hasn't really met Bai Feng Jiu of Qing Qiu yet. And I think there is some truth to that.

On pg 345 in book 2 of the novel, Xie Guchou and Feng Jiu are talking and he asks her "Won't it be hard on you to see Dijun again?" and she replies, "....By the time we meet in the mortal realm, it will only be for repayment. Then perhaps we'll meet again one day in Heaven at some banquet or other. He'll be the revered deity who rarely comes to parties, and I'll still be Fengjiu of Qingqiu. In his eyes, I'll just be a young queen he is meeting for the first time. What we had between us were simply my once having liked him without him ever knowing."

And I think this paragraph explains it all about Dijun not knowing who she was in the time spent with him in the mortal arc.

@midnight_muse I laughed so loudly when I read what you wrote about the summary writer "needing a new job".

• Like 7
  • LOL 1