Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland WebDrama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

Where do you think Ep 48 will end at?   

53 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Let' take a poll just for fun since we are waiting. Where do you think Ep 48 will end at?

• bing cang ceremony
    • DH and FJ leaving Fanyin Valley
    • Aranya's battle with the owl clan
    • DH and SMY peering into the Miaolu glass
    • Aranya in prison and talking to the mother

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/27/2020 at 03:30 PM

7 hours ago, 9tRedFox said:

Yeah, I also don't think Dijun is the emperor, cause basically he had given up on this position before even Bai Qian was born, I believe. It's just that here he fights creatures that we didn't see or hear about in TMOPB.

@Nat_93, it should be even earlier that TMOPB because Dijun supposedly saved her 2000 years before Bai Qian and Ye Hua's wedding.

But didn’t Bai Feiju borns when Bai Qian had already grown up?

Sorry is not that I want to see the TMOPB story in Pillow Book, is just that I got confused with the timeline and where to place things in my head.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Yeah they're going with chronological order. I'm still at episode 5, my god Feng jiu is so cute :heart: But Ji heng is looking really old :sweatingbullets:

Reveal hidden contents

I took a peek at eps 8 and it end with Di Jun sleeping and Zhong lin arranged his shadow to be put at Vanyin valley and Feng jiu is already back at Qingqiu.

There is also small changes they made but I think its doesn't affect the plot much so its okay for now.

Agree with your comments, I did the same thing you did as it's hard to cover that much ground in one night. But I think I wouldn't have had as much insights as to what is going on w/out the privilege of their thoughts, which thankfully was in the book. 

@Nat_93  Fengjiu was born when Bai Qian was in Kun Lun, (timeline) after BQ was 20,000 years old if I recall correctly. People still refer to him as Dong Hua DIjun (an honorific title I believe for his previous accomplishments) but he does not play an active role as the current emperor (DH is retired). DH's role, despite being retired is to ensure that the 8 realms maintain intact/peaceful - so anytime anyone threatens to disrupt it, he will intervene.

Anyway in this story, there isn't that much focus on what happens in the Emperor's court (the heavens) as compared to TMOPB. In the book, it begins with BQ and YH's wedding. But for the sake of viewers who have not read the book, they are going by FJ's age. So, we see her now a young vixen and getting saved by DH, and thus trying to repay him. In TMOPB, this is the equivalent to the scene in the forest where he first saves her and she goes into the palace to become a maid. I think it's better that you don't compare both stories as TMOPB (the original novel) didn't have any details on what went on between FJ and DH (it was put in by the script writer). Thus, you may feel somewhat confused, if you compare.

Am rushing back to my hubby's hometown for CNY shortly, to beat the traffic. :P

To all forum soompiers celebrating CNY, a very Happy and Prosperous CNY to all of you:blush::P:blush:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

20 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

Agree with your comments, I did the same thing you did as it's hard to cover that much ground in one night. But I think I wouldn't have had as much insights as to what is going on w/out the privilege of their thoughts, which thankfully was in the book. 

@Nat_93  Fengjiu was born when Bai Qian was in Kun Lun, (timeline) after BQ was 20,000 years old if I recall correctly. People still refer to him as Dong Hua DIjun (an honorific title I believe for his previous accomplishments) but he does not play an active role as the current emperor (DH is retired). DH's role, despite being retired is to ensure that the 8 realms maintain intact/peaceful - so anytime anyone threatens to disrupt it, he will intervene.

Anyway in this story, there isn't that much focus on what happens in the Emperor's court (the heavens) as compared to TMOPB. In the book, it begins with BQ and YH's wedding. But for the sake of viewers who have not read the book, they are going by FJ's age. So, we see her now a young vixen and getting saved by DH, and thus trying to repay him. In TMOPB, this is the equivalent to the scene in the forest where he first saves her and she goes into the palace to become a maid. I think it's better that you don't compare both stories as TMOPB (the original novel) didn't have any details on what went on between FJ and DH (it was put in by the script writer). Thus, you may feel somewhat confused, if you compare.

Am rushing back to my hubby's hometown for CNY shortly, to beat the traffic. :P

To all forum soompiers celebrating CNY, a very Happy and Prosperous CNY to all of you:blush::P:blush:

Yes, that’s what I thought. But It doesn’t explain why everything is so different in demon helm and why some characters seem young.  Looks like it is before TMOPB, not after, thus, Bai Qian and YeHua wedding. Anyways, I give up and will just watch ignoring the timeline. Thank you all for the patience :blush:

Expectations expectations :flushed:  

*   If i did not devour TMOPB for the past 3 years and started watching ELOD maybe i would not be nit picking LOL.... BUT

in 10M  Tai Chen  Palace was impressive , i mean big and heavenly, and therefore we automatically knew that Dong Hua Emperor was a phenomenal entity ,almost a combination of Sun and the Moon and few other planets thrown in ..this Deity just based on his residence i could see  his immeasurable power  ==== in ELoD i see two story house painted in white ( ok a bit of exaggeration here but ..) 

*    After watching 8 episodes all  " i can remember"    is Dong Hua petting the little red fox, and petting the little red fox, and feeding the little red for...and fish that nobody wanted to eat except his little fox.  

*  Maybe my episodes did not have full or proper translation, but what i understood reading about this drama , it was supposed to be independent of TMOPB, but i did not hear properly or understood when Lillith threw all those red stones , who was she and how is she really his equal in strength and co creation ...he barely managed to seal her ...and he passed out only after few episodes by using his cultivation ....true,  both my Ye Hua and Mo Yuen kind of passed out for few years LOL but this is Dong Hua alllooo, 

* I am not too keen on Deities exhibiting more stupidity than humanity, and his guards letting the dark lord just waltz in ...

*Of course i will continue to watch the drama,  i also want to be at the YH/BQ wedding with Ah Li . 

* Definitely a 100% thank you for the subs. 

I'm watching it with my laptop. Phone screen is too small to hold DH's glory :p 

I'm streaming from WeTV.vip

@Sisca_TVXQ Yes! Let's meet! :)

• LOL 1

28 minutes ago, akkarin said:

I'm watching it with my laptop. Phone screen is too small to hold DH's glory :p 

I'm streaming from WeTV.vip

@Sisca_TVXQ Yes! Let's meet! :)

Oh you can watch thru laptop via wetvapp? Did you log in, in the browser?

I am loving it so far. I can say, only in Cdrama will a butterfly almost make you cry. Lol!

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, Nat_93 said:

Yes, that’s what I thought. But It doesn’t explain why everything is so different in demon helm and why some characters seem young.  Looks like it is before TMOPB, not after, thus, Bai Qian and YeHua wedding. Anyways, I give up and will just watch ignoring the timeline. Thank you all for the patience :blush:

FJ as a maid should be before the wedding. Just that with Ah Li appearing now it is somewhat confusing. I believe in the book Ah Li wasn't there, at least not when she was a maid at Tai Chen Palace. 

• Like 1

I think the timeline is DH saves FJ before any of Yehua/Bai Qian's story starts in TMOPB. FJ being a palace maid/pet fox might line up with the beginning of TMOPB? But for the majority of events that happen in TMOPB, , DH is in recovery/sleep mode and FJ is in the mortal realm, thinking DH was there. That part is mentioned in TMOPB but very briefly.

Pillow Book picks up at YH/BQ's wedding. But the drama is showing the events that happen before TMOPB like FJ/DH first meeting, palace maid and pet fox. In the novel, these events are told as "flashbacks." So really FJ/DH's story spans across a longer time period, both before and after TMOPB.

1 hour ago, jadore1 said:

*  Maybe my episodes did not have full or proper translation, but what i understood reading about this drama , it was supposed to be independent of TMOPB, but i did not hear properly or understood when Lillith threw all those red stones , who was she and how is she really his equal in strength and co creation ...he barely managed to seal her ...and he passed out only after few episodes by using his cultivation ....true,  both my Ye Hua and Mo Yuen kind of passed out for few years LOL but this is Dong Hua alllooo, 

Is "Lillith" the translation for Miao Luo? She is a manifestation of all the excess sins of the world. DH created a realm to contain all that evil energy to protect the mortal world from itself. And if you think about it, human sin never ends and can never be defeated so that's why Miao Luo is powerful cause that's what she's created out of. So every so often, DH has to use his energy to purify the place or else the "dumpster" will overflow and spill out into the world. He's literally cleaning up the world's sins. And yeah that takes a lot out of him.

Anyhow, I'm still curious as to why they inserted the mortal realm story to make it real. I haven't seen it yet so don't know if there's an in-story explanation? I'm ok with small plot changes as long as the characters are consistent. One thing I hated about TMoPB drama is that they totally changed DH's character. They made him a guy resigned to fate when Pillow Book DH is known for his pure shamelessness, thick face and not giving a rat's behind what anyone says or thinks. From what I've seen so far, looks like this drama will keep that aspect of him.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SC2019 said:

thanks this will be a good timelines for me hahaha since i didnt read the book :) i yet to watch the series as i need to clear off my work before going off for Lunar New Year holiday.....

everyone suddenly has last minutes request to fill in ***sigh*** when reality disrupt you from enjoying the drama you had been waiting for :D 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

25 minutes ago, Kimberly Amor said:

Oh you can watch thru laptop via wetvapp? Did you log in, in the browser?

Yes you could, some of you having trouble with your phone maybe you could try watching from your laptop. 

11 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

FJ as a maid should be before the wedding. Just that with Ah Li appearing now it is somewhat confusing. I believe in the book Ah Li wasn't there, at least not when she was a maid at Tai Chen Palace. 

Yup I believed they change the timeline a bit with ah li already there before the wedding.

@Nat_93 In novel, Dong hua saved fengjiu 2000 years before Bai qian and Yehua meet.

Maybe this could help

http://dr-myri-blog.blogspot.com/2017/04/ten-miles-of-peach-blossoms-timeline.html?m=1

Preview for eps 9-12

https://weibointl.api.weibo.cn/share/114893828.html?weibo_id=4463670090268350

4nl67748gza82fg2xy7m00lr8.gif

Spoiler

2fw9ln8crz5qqudp6wn3jr8wv.gif

LOL :D

4fyckaz1vahh94f1yt8n8e3ln.gif

• Like 5

some of the cast changed their weibo profile to the cute carton anime of their character in the pillow book to promote the series :) so cute

• Love 2

Ok, so Dijun properly meets her for the first time 

Spoiler

in the kitchen and not at the wedding, right?

8 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

@Nat_93 In novel, Dong hua saved fengjiu 2000 years before Bai qian and Yehua meet.

Maybe this could help

http://dr-myri-blog.blogspot.com/2017/04/ten-miles-of-peach-blossoms-timeline.html?m=1

This also helps to see when Dijun abdicates in favor of Heavenly Lord’s father. Sometime later, the current Heavenly Lord succeeds to the throne. This is between 210 000 - 260 000. Then in 260 000 Bai Qian is born. So Dijun abdicates before her birth.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

Ok, so Dijun properly meets her for the first time 

Hide contents

in the kitchen and not at the wedding, right?

They changed it for drama, in novel Dijun first "see" her in the wedding. But I think Dong hua didn't "see" her but just see the fish :sweatingbullets: Like how he didn't "see" her when saving her life.

21 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

I am confused, shouldn’t FJ go to Fanyin Valley as a shadow? 

They're going with chronological order so Feng jiu will go to mortal realm first.

24 minutes ago, pawla said:

LOL. Xiao Yan is not the brightest demon lord out there. I wonder how he survived all these years :joy:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4463645343457211

I love him :joy:

• Like 2

The Pillow Book Net Play Index is up :) doing pretty well for its premier, it is currently in Top 5

idvqfn3Rcsy0g77YRf-a9QvUhlE8Eh1_YxIR9-pT

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

The first two episodes I was able to watch for free on WeTV were wonderful!! I can’t wait for more to come!  :heart: I think I’m gonna have to re-read the novel while waiting for eps to release. 

Since I’m not a VIP member, I’m gonna try to avoid social media like the plague :bawling: See y’all in March (or when there’s something huge to fangirl over :wub:)!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, angelangie said:

The Pillow Book Net Play Index is up :) doing pretty well for its premier, it is currently in Top 5

Is the reviews good ?

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ