[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 hour ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Yes, I dont like Jiheng addition to the mortal arc. Based on the preview I think they will drag this arc until eps 20ish?

Also did you guys notice Donghua's wig ? Sometimes it look like the top is white and the lower is yellowish? Maybe because of the lighting or something :sweatingbullets:

Am I the only one who miss Xiao yan ?

I feel the drama becomes angel liu (jihen) drama and i believe she will be involved more and we will see her more through the drama that real madness like :blink: she becomes a main lead in this drama that so missed up

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Wow I love them so much haha

But of course you do, they are your parents :D

Guys, regarding Ji Heng, look at it from this angle: she was quite involved in the book as well. Almost all their troubles come from her. So the more she tries now, the more sweeter it will be when DH+FJ finally get together. 

As for her screen time - after watching entire episodes of TMOPB without Vengo and Dilraba because of too much screen time for the main leads, a little too much of Ji Heng scenes cannot bring me down B)

• LOL 5

Gosh Si Ming is Harsh here.

I think they will use Ji Heng till the very end,because the actress got the rights to make the drama in the first place.

But if they keep the arc close to the book, she shouldnt appear after the mortal arc. 

Somehow I think I know how this mortal arc will go, YQT will also love FJ and she will use that love to fulfil DH's quest.which reiterates my first point, Simeng is harsh man. He sure hate if someone meddles his plans for Dijun. 

5 more days of waiting. Gosh, I am addicted, Dilraba has improved her acting game, I like it when FJ acts mature, its admirable. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Yes, I dont like Jiheng addition to the mortal arc. Based on the preview I think they will drag this arc until eps 20ish?

honestly i skiped the jiheng scenes i dont like her adition to the mortal arc  but im sure this was for the actress and the copright thing so im just ignoring her scenes she will not ruin pillow book 

4 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Am I the only one who miss Xiao yan ?

i miss xiao yan very much!! i  cannot wait to see him interacting with feng jiu and donghua getting jealous!! the actor is portraying him jus as i imagined him :)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

i just watched 11 and 12 and im liking the interaction between xiao jiu and the emperor!!! inever thought i wold like the mortal arc !! 

My sentiments exactly. First, I kinda enjoy seeing Vengo act in a different manner as the Emperor other than how he has to portray DH;  just for variety's sake I guess and it's an opportunity to showcase his acting skills. There are moments when I feel he is a bit too "cheeky" and informal (perhaps that's the DH element). Second, it's high time she receives much more attention from him kinda like repayment for the thousands of years that she devoted herself to him. It's fair, I would say. :blush:

Oh and wrt to Si Ming being harsh, I felt that too. He gave in more to her in TMOPB.

Just rewatching ep11, and I must say my heart is going to break a little for Qing Ti. Unless they change the way he is portrayed, he is going to be so noble about his feelings for FJ and he will adore her at arm's length. Poor chap. 

• Like 4

I just marathon-ed the entire 12 episodes and cannot wait till next weeks episodes are out. 

Wetv has done a pretty decent job with the subs. While there were some questionable subs, in general the gist is there.

I didn’t read the pillow book, so I am just taking it all in. I find that it did start out a bit slow but picked up the pace in the mortal realm. I really hated the JiHeng , demon arc, and skipped a few of the scenes. When comparing the palace backdrop, costumes of some of the minor charactors & some of the CGI , I found it a bit lacking. It is a drop in quality compared to TMOPB or L&D. This is just aesthetics that I noticed. FJ has the prettiest costumes and colors though, and JiHeng has Elaborate costumes.

Reba has done a great job with FJ, I really loved her expressions and think she is really suited as a fox immortal. Vengo is doing great here as DongHua, his cold expression. I feel weird seeing him full of emotions in the mortal arc haha.

It is also quite silly how no one realised FJ is a female? Sure, she fights so well. But here frame and delicate features stand out in an all male army.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, springfiry said:

It is also quite silly how no one realised FJ is a female? Sure, she fights so well. But here frame and delicate features stand out in an all male army.

Yes her chest and hip area is really obvious :sweatingbullets:

For CGI and filter I prefer Pillow book, TMOPB and LOD's filter is too bright for me. I prefer more natural looking, where I can still see their pores :D

37 minutes ago, FY034 said:

ZhiHe loves DongHua, but she knows DongHua doesn't love her. ZhiHe gave birth to a son. DongHua doesn't know the baby's existence.

You mean Fengjiu ?

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, springfiry said:

I actually made a comment out loud while watching and my dad who was seated beside me, and has been watching C dramas for over 40 years responded "In scenes like that, it is always obvious that it is a girl but they always appear to be ignorant about it". :D So, just flow with the silliness - it's been around for a long, long time.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3