[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

^

i have long time ago learn to ignore others' preferences and likes

i am me and i like what i like, hence i dont even bother about comments aside from soompi, since we all are kindred spirits here

and i dont even want to know about ratings

hence i dont wonder far from soompi

hahaha

beside i always find dramalist comments weird, the people there are quite obsessed tend to be critical to things that they dont like and admirably able and capable of being blind to things that they like hahaha

i have experienced a few with other dramas before

and after that i was like yeah i am done here

:P

anyway totally forgot about new eps today

was busy reading zombie novel 

thank god for the notification

hopefully mortal realm will proceed at faster speed and end soon

i just cant wait to have donghua and fengjiu see each other again

and this time to actually have donghua saw fengjiu and realised she is such a treasure

hahaha

of course i am waiting for the show of my fav scenes from the book to finally come alive

like get into that damn lake already!!! hahaha

anyway happy holiday peeps

and happy watching

:kiss_wink:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, rapo65 said:

Omg, girls, have u seen the comments on mydralist? I don't understand why so much hate towards Dilireba and the story...wtf. :dizzy: 

Yup, already said my two cents there. Just ignore that troll, she rated Journey of flower and others drama like 1 star or 0,5 star, and guess what AOL 10 star :sweatingbullets:

Anyway so far the mortal realm story is quite good, you could see Fengjiu mature a lot. I love her friendship with YQT ~ 

Preview for eps 17-18

https://weibointl.api.weibo.cn/share/116186216.html?weibo_id=4464712144064685

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

@rapo65 my guess all the hate comments would be saying FJ character was..dumb childish immature and blah blah...i have read a few in Dramanice site..for me I'm just ignored bc if they still follow the story development they will definitely change their mind.

For those who read the book was aware of FJ character . She will matured eventually. 

FJ age was about 15/16 yrs old in human timeline so her behaviour was fitted for a girl her age.

@chubby^green^ i hope the ratings going up to 2nd or 1st since the last episode was in third place.

@Sisca_TVXQNot really fond of Mortal arc but still enjoyed it's bc of Vengo/Reba.  Also love a friendship between YQT and FJ

Just thinking out loud..After watching this last two episodes I'm agree with the comments about Jiheng look old.. about over 35 yrs old(not that i know her real age) Jiheng was supposedly 90000 thousands yrs old ( 21/23 yrs old in human timeline)the same age with Zhihe..i could be wrong tho.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

How do you guys rate the mortal arc? I haven’t watched it as I am planning to do it when it finishes. 

its not that bad honestly speaking

the only bane is the add on jiheng which is like "why she is even there" aside from the part i am guessing she would be the demon who wreck havoc for the emperor aka donghua's reincarnation (i forgot what siming call him in ep 12?) hahaha

i wonder if jiheng can be considered as the replacement of the demon in the mortal realm and nie chunyi would be the wicked demon pretending to the dao priest

that could work into the story i guess

hahaha

but i kinda like mortal realm, since we barely got anything in the book

this sorta fills in the gap for me as to why fengjiu slowly progresses from childish and not yet mature princess into the queen we know in the book

yes her silliness and quirkiness is not totally gone and we can totally see it in the later part of the series,

but we also got to see how she form her melancholic feel and the hidden sorrow she always carry with her in the later part of the story

i also very curious about how much ye qingti sacrifices for her that she is determine to make him into

Spoiler

an immortal

1 hour ago, atikah sani said:

Do you guys think Zhi He will be back ??

update - oh wait, she was mention near the novel's ending so there is a chance she may appear again

she was mentioned earlier than that actually

zhihe makes her appearances quite early in the book in part that has not yet aired in the series 

she would most probably makes her grand entrance again

well she did make an interesting entrance so to say hahaha

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

i hope the ratings going up to 2nd or 1st since the last episode was in third place.

oh, i always pray and hope for the best for pillow book as well, as much as i dont really care about ratings

i do hope it will get better and increase more and more with the progress of the eps

this is a drama that we all have been waiting for so long, for sure i wish all the success and greatness for it ^_^

beside

this drama is also very important especially for dilraba who barely has acting offers although she is quite good in making cfs

i want it to be successful so that maybe just maybe we can get siming's story hahaha

not that interested in lian song and cheng yu's story, so for now i am only praying for siming's story or maybe since there is a rise in bl in chine (although still very much restricted) we can get story about zhe yan and bai zhen :P

21 minutes ago, elsanna said:

Why is here so silent guys:mellow:

holiday mode still on i'm guessing hahaha

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

re-reading the novel, im seeing sooo many scenes they added to the trailers as well as words used like:

In Novel - "Back then, he had had his own way to deal with her. Each time he saw her cry that way, he only felt amused. Things such as “I like teasing people to tears, cry a bit louder” were easy to say."

DJ already said this to baby fox FJ on the show!!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, elsanna said:

I think in mortal realm arc crown prince will fall for FJ but she will be bestowed to YQT :wacko:...what do you guys think?

I agree that he will probably fall for her, but Dijun himself is in charge of deciding whether to give her to somebody else or not, since he is the mortal emperor. So I wonder what they will come up with.

So far, I am super pleased with the drama. Everything is logical and I like how they made sense of Dijun's descending to the mortal realm. I was wondering what the heck will he be doing there, since he was already recuperating in Tai Chen.

• Like 2

I am so glad the overall opinion till now is a good one :blush: let's see how the drama progresses from now on..i really, really hope we will not be disappointed.

What are the things you dislike the most about the drama till now?

For me, even though i didn't start watching the drama, so my opinion is based solely on what was discussed here, the thing i really don't like is that JiHeng is in the mortal arc..bleaah :expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

• Like 2

They are even more logical here than the book. For example, in the book Ji Heng breaks ties with Min Su when she finds out that she's a girl.

What's a little annoying is the beginning of the drama and especially when they fall in that pit/lake, whatever it is. It's a bit of a parody and Dilraba is overly girly. 

Btw, I adore the battle scene in the beginning of ep.10. That's my girl, saving her man's a*s :joy::joy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Okay, hear me out...

I know not all of us like the mortal arc, but I kinda couldn't stop smiling all throughout episode 11... (skipped the JH parts though) 

Maybe I'm just easily pleased, but reba as xiaojiu is totally believable as a guy, and I lovelovelove the bromance with quingti!

Also, I know it was such a cliche, but the whole scared of the snake-falling in the lake thing is so cute and funny and, I think, an ode to TMOPB when the emperor first fell in love with concubine chen. 

Oh! And I'm totally in love with xiaojiu showing "his" skills to the guys! Like, YES!, it's been stated in the series/books many times that the bai children are all excellent swordsmen, and I love that FJ is one too! 

Edited by Shane Tricia Facultad
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

The drama is great so far! If you're a fan who has read the novel, it's kinda fun watching a scene and piecing together what has been taken and left out from the book in lieu of better drama story flow. So it's kinda like a puzzle where pieces fall into place. Idk who remembers far back into this forum, but we did talk about book pacing i.e. Aranya's story line taking too long or feeling out of place with the actual DH+FJ storyline...but in the end it was revealed just how important the Aranya part actually was to the overall climax of our main characters ending. My point is, things that were revealed at a later time in the novel may be or can be revealed early on in the drama for story-telling coherency which I appreciate from the writers who wouldn't give us viewers something incoherent or difficult to follow because why would they?

What I really love are the details in the drama that we wouldn't get when reading the book. Yeah, yeah, usually it's the other way around but since it's ONE drama in which we are ALL watching we visualize the same color schemes, hairstyles, mannerisms of DH+FJ from lives 1, 2, and 3. Fore example, this DH smiles more, is more playful, initiates skinship more with FJ unlike heavenly DH. The book left us to our own imagination and our own conceptions on PB timeline but with the drama we can all gush about what we like or voice what we dislike kinda like Ji Heng's miscast. Yeah, I agree her face is kinda throwing me off whenever I look at her. 

**Random things to note:

-That's the Ashes of Love girl! It was bothering me until  it clicked in my brain abt how familiar she looked. I did a double take and exclaimed "that trick richard simmons chick from Ashes of Love is STILL trying to trick the main lead into marriage in this drama too! asdfjgkl Oohohohh it's just not gonna happen, honey! Nip that in the bud.

-Lowkey , General Qing Ti can get IT. That man is fine as heck.

-I want more Yan Chiwu but all good things come to those who wait. *chefs kisses*

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

It's official! I don't mind the mortal arc at all! Do I want it to end, so we can get to the best parts (the flirting/shamelessness/teasing of the "current" timeline)? Yes.

But, I don't mind that they fleshed it out, so to say... The mortal arc is where FJ matured a lot, IMO, because the things that happened to her in this arc are what developed her character and settled her so that she takes on the mantle of QUEEN of qingqiu. 

• Like 6

Finally I have been waiting for this drama for ages.

I have read both the books and watched TMOPB

I like the consistency of this drama. In the book, all the incidents are narrations. Fenju helping DongHua on his mortal life, the whole life as Aranya, and also her time in Tiachen palace as maid. 

The drama is showing all the incidents chronologically and thereby we can feel the weight of all the incidents and its emotions. Personally, I like this version better, because the book actually picks up steam only from FJ entering Aranya's dream.  its a 56 episode drama, so I am thinking they are going to cover it all. 

I cant remember the deamon Lord from the book, so I am thinking its a new addition. 

Also Jiheng  can be ignored , her character is pretty much useless. 

All the conflicts between DH and FJ happen because of their choices. which I hope the drama covers

Let's see this will be quite the journey 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

WHY DOES THIS SHOW JUST KEEP ON GETTING  BETTER!!! Every episode is so interesting, you know ji hengs scenes could of been more interesting if the actress could be more expressive or actually act. I feel like shes just reading her lines and not becoming her character, even if she lost her memory. Nie Chuyin is such a a**hole I love him he plays his part perfectly! Everyone is perfect I didnt think I would enjoy baren chen as zhe yan but this is what you call acting!! I cannot wait for feng jiu to be done with donghua so he finally chase her. I keep re reading the scenes between them and it's so beautiful. I feel donghua loves fengjiu wayy more than she loves him. Isn't it crazy that their both each others first loves? Wow I love them so much haha

• Like 3

The emperor is so annoying. Did you guys see how when he finally found fengjiu/xiaojiu and he was gesturing her to bow to him. GO AWAY your not even donghua. And then he was so obsessed with her beauty, this could never be donghua.

Spoiler

I'm so relieved that fengjiu wont fall for him and will just lead him on so donghua can get his heartbreak trial over and done with so he can get more cultivation 

Ye qing ti is such a sweet heart 

Spoiler

I'm glad he will turn into a immortal, hes such a good guy, immortals like zhi he should takes notes lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, classyviews said:

Also Jiheng  can be ignored , her character is pretty much useless. 

All the conflicts between DH and FJ happen because of their choices. which I hope the drama covers

Let's see this will be quite the journey 

Nice to know I can just skip all of Ji Heng scenes without missing anything. I'll probably watch just a couple. 

All in all, I'm still waiting for the big moment, where FJ and Dijun finally meet as themselves at the wedding. I'll probably rewatch that scene 10000x hahaha.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Did you guys see how when he finally found fengjiu/xiaojiu and he was gesturing her to bow to him. GO AWAY your not even donghua.

Watching it at the moment. My guts tell me Vengo enjoyed shooting this scene a lot :joy:

• LOL 4

8 hours ago, rapo65 said:

What are the things you dislike the most about the drama till now?

For me, even though i didn't start watching the drama, so my opinion is based solely on what was discussed here, the thing i really don't like is that JiHeng is in the mortal arc..bleaah :expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

Yes, I dont like Jiheng addition to the mortal arc. Based on the preview I think they will drag this arc until eps 20ish?

Also did you guys notice Donghua's wig ? Sometimes it look like the top is white and the lower is yellowish? Maybe because of the lighting or something :sweatingbullets:

Am I the only one who miss Xiao yan ?

2gxihdux69nhehzkpzsoaqnm.gif

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 3
  • LOL 3