[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

22 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

I am confused about the storyline. As some people have not watched ep 8, I will put it as spoilers. So be aware!

Hide contents

At the end of episode 8, DH was recuperating from his injuries. The conversation between Zhong lin, the fan guy, and the other guy was about creating DH’s shadow. So I thought the next part would be Fanyin Valley with Chen Ye and Aranya, where FJ would also send her shadow. However, the preview showed that FJ was in Fanyin Valley instead of her shadow.

Are we going to the mortal realm first?

@bluehibiscus I think it’s not yet available. Here is the link: https://m.douban.com/movie/subject/26915522/

Spoiler

Since they're going with chronological order I think they will show the real Aranya and Chen ye storyline as flashback, since Fengjiu will fall to Aranya dreams after meeting Dong hua again after Bai qian's wedding.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rapo65 said:

how it was? really curious about your opinion :blush::kiss_wink:

Pretty much up to my expectations. Love all the casts except for Ji Heng..( I don't know how to explain)

There was a fews or guite a lot of changes regarding the story flows.

1) In the book Donghua save FJ as a baby fox instead of FJ in human form. DH did save her but they didn't even meet each other. FJ recognize DH because of his trademark appearance " purple/Violet rope" and also the place was in Demon Forbidden Land ( Where the Demon King MiaoLuo was sealed by DH thirty yrs ago)

When FJ accidentally break into the Forbidden Land she also accidentally damaging the seals and MiaoLuo woke up which making Donghua have to repair the damage with his cultivation.( practically the reason of DH hurt and loses part of  his cultivation was FJ). 

2) DongFeng meet each other where FJ as a  maid in the Taichen palace kitchen instead of in Wangsheng lake as a Qingqiu's Queen.

3) When DH save FJ in Forbidden Land the Demon Lord xue yang ( Jiheng's brother) asked Donghua to turn in the woman who was trespassing but DH refused. When Demon Lord wanted to declare a war against the Sky Kingdom but Liansong interfere by saying DH will fulfill one wish to Demon lord instead.. which later ask DH to marry his sister JH.

And again the reason why DH agree 

was also Fj.

There's was a few more chances..but the story was still as impressive ...there was also a lot of funny scenes especially when Siming passed out because of DH's cooking..LOL

FJ still as adorable lively beautiful and mischievous as in the book and DH still an awful prankster  but at the same time still regal supremacy with his aloofness nonchalant attitude. 

So far the victims of his awful pranksters was Yan chinwu , Liansong,  Siming and baby fox.

Actually there's still a lot of things I want to talk about..but enough for now..

DongFeng's still own my heart :love:especially now I've got to watch them over and over again.

Not much interactions between DongFeng..just a minimal...from 1 to 8 ep DongFeng appear in FJ imagination only which is good and entertaining...chemistry is still as awesome.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, INeedAFan said:

Yeah, the only miscast is Ji Heng. Sorry not sorry. I literally FF all her scenes.

Exactly my thoughts..the only miscast is Jiheng 

Everyone else was guite good...even for evil characters  Xue Yang and Nie Chunyin..

• Like 1

finally bought my vip (i couldnt resist after watching the first two eps) sighs

me and my will to persevere is basically none existent hahaha

so far i am enjoying the story

it's not following the book purely

but at the same time

the magic and fun for the book is well presented in the series

i am glad that this part of the drama ended rather quickly

since they barely have any interaction or much scenes together

now today we are on to the more fun part? hopefully

:P

i am trying my best to prepare myself to enjoy the fun bits of the series and not to suffer much on the sad bits of the series

the book was able to evoke laughter and funny scenes as well as makes us dive into sadness as well

and so far i think the series will be too

even looking this v, manages to make me choke a lil (most probably because we know the behind story isnt it?)

27 minutes ago, haylyne said:

(Ending Credit) Sad longing look of DJ maybe over supposedly FJ wedding gown... :bawling:

1 minute ago, jimmylyne said:

Exactly my thoughts..the only miscast is Jiheng 

Everyone else was guite good...even for evil characters  Xue Yang and Nie Chunyin..

thank god we didnt have her as fengjiu as the early rumors were swirling about as she bought the right of the novel

that would be just... er... :confounded:

i find myself oddly attracted to nie chunyin 

god help me, it his face and his playful and quirky smirk i think

hahaha

• Like 1

Drama has been liscensed by several streaming sites, including Viki, so there will be subs in multiple languages.

WeTV App Site: https://wetv.vip/play?cid=lwvrgyz6ozwmkbl&language=en&vid=i0033s6urry

Premiere JAN 24-Tencent Video YouTube Channel Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMX26aiIvX5qfLxgmS0rCAP4pvXDciWEM

Premiere JAN 23-Viki : https://www.viki.com/tv/35822c-three-lives-three-worlds-the-pillow-book

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kimberly Amor said:

Oh you can watch thru laptop via wetvapp? Did you log in, in the browser?

For anyone who'd like on something bigger than your phone lol...
https://wetv.vip/play?cid=lwvrgyz6ozwmkbl&language=en&vid=i0033s6urry

@Table122000Ope lol you beat me to it 

On another note my first impressions as someone who has read the books but not recently...
I'm really enjoying it so far! (not VIP)
CGI looks great for a drama! Acting is believable and it's funny tehe
Also love seeing memorable scenes from the book come to life! I don't mind the new stuff or what they've changed thus far (ep.s 1-2) 
All in all I think the team has done a pretty good job, I'm not disappointed!

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Jillia said:

So I got was wondering whether Dong Hua is also dreaming of Feng Jiu? Or is he really just sitting around "resting"? :D 

Like call me out if this is a stupid question but I really can't interpret Dong Hua's little smiles here and there. I swear he is so cheeky in a restrained kind of way. lol :lol: 

At the beginning of the story DH known a diety a "Emotionless Desireless Loveless " as per described in the book and also Zhe Yan did explain a little bit about DH character in his conversation with FJ...so at least for now ..I don't think so.

As for Donghua's smile( his smile so captivating) was bc he is a prankster who really love to prank ( so far we seen what happened to Liansong,  Siming and Baby Fox )without being obvious..I think Liansong mentioned something about nothing is good when DH smile.

Nothing is good when DH smile at least not after he fell in love with FJ.

• Like 1

idk if this is happening to anyone else but my cheeks hurt so much from all my ridiculous smiling watching this lol
I'm fan-girling so hard at how FLIPPIN' CUTE Fengjiu is!!! :lol: She's so adorable!!
Reba is so good at acting cute/adorable/funny scenes, I'm living for it!!

• Love 5

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

2) DongFeng meet each other where FJ as a  maid in the Taichen palace kitchen instead of in Wangsheng lake as a Qingqiu's Queen.

Hmmm..i honestly don t like that they changed this part. The scene in the book was epic! This is the problem with chinese dramas...they all need to be changed from the original story :angry:

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

3) When DH save FJ in Forbidden Land the Demon Lord xue yang ( Jiheng's brother) asked Donghua to turn in the woman who was trespassing but DH refused. When Demon Lord wanted to declare a war against the Sky Kingdom but Liansong interfere by saying DH will fulfill one wish to Demon lord instead.. which later ask DH to marry his sister JH.

And again the reason why DH agree 

was also Fj.

Hmm...they are trying to imply here that DongHua already starts to fall for FengJiu, which in the book would never happen. Like someone so aloof, cold and powerfull as DongHua, who never had an interest in women, would agree to marry an unknown woman, because somebody threatened him. Especially if that person is a demon lord. I don't like how they wrote this part...is stupid in my opinion, it's treated like a cliche, and it doesn't do justice to Donghua (making him weaker than he is in the book) and to the book. 

I think we really need to detach ourselves from the book, if not i am afraid we will not enjoy the drama. :cry:

Another OST :blush:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

6 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Since I haven't seen the episodes after 2 I don't know if I'm my question is already invalid. But I was actually wondering IF Dong Hua really didn't see Feng Jiu when he saved her? He must've  at least seen some girl being attacked and that's why he saved her. Or am I wrong? I think it would make Dong Hua look a bit less smart if he didn't know somebody was sneaking away after he saved her. lol Again maybe I'm wrong and he totally didn't catch that. :lol: 

I was wondering about this too. I got the sense that he did know that he was saving a girl, probably just didnt know that the girl was FJ. Could be totally wrong though.  

27 minutes ago, rapo65 said:

Hmmm..i honestly don t like that they changed this part. The scene in the book was epic! This is the problem with chinese dramas...they all need to be changed from the original story :angry:

Hmm...they are trying to imply here that DongHua already starts to fall for FengJiu, which in the book would never happen. Like someone so aloof, cold and powerfull as DongHua, who never had an interest in women, would agree to marry an unknown woman, because somebody threatened him. Especially if that person is a demon lord. I don't like how they wrote this part...is stupid in my opinion, it's treated like a cliche, and it doesn't do justice to Donghua (making him weaker than he is in the book) and to the book. 

I think we really need to detach ourselves from the book, if not i am afraid we will not enjoy the drama. 

I hope DH really first impression on FJ at BQ/YH wedding will not change..sumo flowerpot incident.

The reason why DH agree to marry JH bc apparently DH know JH fell in love with her bodyguard Min su which planing to eloped..and DH agree to help them.

Maybe you're right...we need to detach ourselves from the book.

The paces guite good not too slow not to fast..just that I looking for DongFeng scene.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roxnilla7 said:

I was wondering about this too. I got the sense that he did know that he was saving a girl, probably just didnt know that the girl was FJ. Could be totally wrong though.  

From watching the drama, I really believe he didn't see her when he saved her. He probably knew he saved someone, but to him that was irrelevant on why he was there.. He even admitted TWICE that he didn't see a girl, they just didn't believe him.

Im on episode 4 and I have seen no implications that he starts to pay attention to FJ. There were times where situation made him curious but not enough for him to pursue. 

@Sisca_TVXQ I agree..I don't think he "sees" her either times, including in the kitchen. I feel that he was more interested in the well-cooked fish and the hairpin than her.

• Like 4

Thoughts after 8 episodes:

Pacing is just right as some have said. Not too fast nor too slow. 

Lovedlovedloved the inner fengjiu monologue when she was a baby fox. The book sort of described her feelings only when she was telling su moye what happened to her during this time, but it's better to understand it right away now. Especially since she's so cute as a young fox (vixen?). reba really gets this aspect of fengjiu. Looking forward to her acting when she transforms into the queen of qing qiu! 

As always, absolutely head over heels for  dong hua dijun... What else can I say, vengo is perfect as dong hua dijun. Can't wait for the lovey-dovey/shamelessness scenes to come! 

Also, absolutely in love with yan chiwu! And how liu ruilin is portraying him! He perfectly portrayed how naive/silly he was in my mind when I read about the things DH did to manipulate him.... Silly dumb a***... Hehehe... 

Ps. Sorry for the long post! 

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Since I haven't seen the episodes after 2 I don't know if I'm my question is already invalid. But I was actually wondering IF Dong Hua really didn't see Feng Jiu when he saved her? He must've  at least seen some girl being attacked and that's why he saved her. Or am I wrong? I think it would make Dong Hua look a bit less smart if he didn't know somebody was sneaking away after he saved her. lol Again maybe I'm wrong and he totally didn't catch that. :lol: 

DH didn't know he saved FJ bc his focus was more to the angry Lion and the Demon King MiaoLuo did woke up bc of a little damage that's course by FJ...and according to the book..DH saved people all the time..he just not care...whom.

nothing is irrelevant to him unless it threatens the peace of the world..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, linh5000 said:

From watching the drama, I really believe he didn't see her when he saved her. He probably knew he saved someone, but to him that was irrelevant on why he was there.. He even admitted TWICE that he didn't see a girl, they just didn't believe him.

Im on episode 4 and I have seen no implications that he starts to pay attention to FJ. There were times where situation made him curious but not enough for him to pursue. 

@Sisca_TVXQ I agree..I don't think he "sees" her either times, including in the kitchen. I feel that he was more interested in the well-cooked fish and the hairpin than her.

Yup, his eyes is fixated on the fish and the hair clasp. I like the little details they put in this drama, like even when talking with the Demon king he keep looking at the tea cup :sweatingbullets: Dong hua character is like that. Even in novel when he first 'meet' Fengjiu in Qingqiu he didn't really care for her. He only start to notice her at the wedding banquet :P

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

3 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Yup, his eyes is fixated on the fish and the hair clasp. I like the little details they put in this drama, like even when talking with the Demon king he keep looking at the tea cup :sweatingbullets: Dong hua character is like that. Even in novel when he first 'meet' Fengjiu in Qingqiu he didn't really care for her. He only start to notice her at the wedding banquet :P

Yup...agreed with your observations..after watched it for 2nd time.

Question for you girls: how is Pillow Book in comparison to TMOPB after 8 eps? i remember so many things happened in TMOPB in the first 8 eps. it started a bit boring, but then it really draw me in. I don't remember..do we meet DongHua in the first 8 eps of TMOPB?