[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

True. DH won't care because it isn't his issue! Although I wonder if he may be privately amused by the whole situation.

Even if DH knew Min Su was a girl, I can imagine him saying his trademark "oh" and a I-can't-be-bothered look while continuing fishing/reading Buddhist scriptures :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

18 minutes ago, chsaf said:

Even if DH knew Min Su was a girl, I can imagine him saying his trademark "oh" and a I-can't-be-bothered look while continuing fishing/reading Buddhist scriptures :joy:

DH tried, right, but she had cut him off? That bimbo herself told DH she will not marry anybody else but Minsu in the series adaptation. Note that JH already knew at that point that Xu Yang wants her to be betrothed to DH. She knew even before the duel of XY and DH who is she supposed to marry.

So it irks a lot when later on she tried several times by lying and scheming to have another chance with DH who was not at all interested with her. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, Megan said:

I’m pretty sure he knew. When Jiheng was declaring her intention to only marry Minsu, Dong Hua looked at Minsu and said something like “But he is a-“ he never got to finish because Jiheng interrupted him with something like never marrying anyone else.

Jiheng...you are going to obsess over Dong Hua after you reject him. Hmm...pretty sure she wanted to kick herself for not agreeing to her brother’s choice of fiancé (though Dong Hua would never have married her) just like how she wanted to kick herself for indirectly causing a DongFeng to fall into Aranya’s Dream

Oh! I didn't remember.. maybe because I always FF her sceneB)

Or maybe DH thought JiHeng was a lesbian then.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

You can say that. He and bff FJ seem to have that knack of finding lucky outs when they're in tight spots. :sweatingbullets:

2 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Right! Some how, some way, without using much brain, they somehow come out alright everytime! 

If only I can have half as much luck as they do.

Lol...so very true .. they are both lucky ...just like when they're accidentally enter Fanyin Valley because of YCW's "lucky strikes"

The way TQ wrote those parts was ..so amazing..( bold lines) especially this '"What kind of luck was this exactly...?:lol:

PB1 page 108

To prevent outside pollution from entering and contaminating their

cultivation, Fanyin Valley opened up only once each jiazi cycle. It opened
only for a short moment with just a crack to allow for heavenly envoys to
pass. No one, but the experienced and the skillful, could grab onto that
small moment and squeeze through.

Yan Chiwu could've struck sooner, he could've struck later, but he waited
until the right moment Fanyin Valley opened up to strike. 

The wind could’ve blown east, it could’ve blown west, but it blew them straight into

the crevice between the stone walls.

The path was neither wide nor was it
narrow; it was just enough for the two of them to pass through.

What kind of luck was this exactly...?

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

8 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Lol...so very true .. they are both lucky ...just like when they're accidentally enter Fanyin Valley because of YCW's "lucky strikes"

The way TQ wrote those parts was ..so amazing..( bold lines) especially this '"What kind of luck was this exactly...?:lol:

And to fall on Meng Shao. Of all of the Biyiniao folks in Fanyin Valley, the duo fell and knocked out their second prince. :lol:

From about to be executed to honoured guests. How cool (lucky) is that?!? 

It's wonderful that the three became good friends during FJ and XY sojourn in Fanyin Valley. I bet it's also the first time in their lives these two actually did  their schoolwork. :sweatingbullets:

Knocking the second prince unconscious could be a big deal, or it could be a small one. If he never woke up again, it'd be a big deal. If he woke up in time, and there was someone to clear things up, it'd be a small one. 

Luckily, Young Master Meng woke up in time and promptly soothed his mother's fury. Previously she had ordered for the two of them to be executed. Halfway to the death dungeon, the sentence changed into the water prison, but the water prison's gates hadn't lifted when another decree came out which said they weren't to be imprisoned at all. They were immediately brought back to the Grand Hall, now with respect and courtesy. (PB1, p172)

• LOL 3

3 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

And to fall on Meng Shao. Of all of the Biyiniao folks in Fanyin Valley, the duo fell and knocked out their second prince. :lol:

From about to be executed to honoured guests. How cool (lucky) is that?!? 

It's wonderful that the three became good friends during FJ and XY sojourn in Fanyin Valley. I bet it's also the first time in their lives these two actually did  their schoolwork. :sweatingbullets:

Knocking the second prince unconscious could be a big deal, or it could be a small one. If he never woke up again, it'd be a big deal. If he woke up in time, and there was someone to clear things up, it'd be a small one. 

Luckily, Young Master Meng woke up in time and promptly soothed his mother's fury. Previously she had ordered for the two of them to be executed. Halfway to the death dungeon, the sentence changed into the water prison, but the water prison's gates hadn't lifted when another decree came out which said they weren't to be imprisoned at all. They were immediately brought back to the Grand Hall, now with respect and courtesy. (PB1, p172)

Poor Mengshao. He must have thought he had rotten luck. Little did he know, the person he longed for literally dropped onto him.

I hope Meng Shao gets to reincarnate and get his own happy ending in his next life.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, ChibiLy said:

Poor Mengshao. He must have thought he had rotten luck. Little did he know, the person he longed for literally dropped onto him.

I hope Meng Shao gets to reincarnate and get his own happy ending in his next life.

Hope that if Meng Shao reincarnates, he reincarnates in Qing Qiu! 

FJ doesn't really flaunt her actual rank and status. Even XY didn't until much later. I guess it's because these two are notorious in 8 deserts and 6 directions as Lord of mischief and Princess of naughtiness. :lol:

• LOL 2

11 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Hope that if Meng Shao reincarnates, he reincarnates in Qing Qiu! 

FJ doesn't really flaunt her actual rank and status. Even XY didn't until much later. I guess it's because these two are notorious in 8 deserts and 6 directions as Lord of mischief and Princess of naughtiness. :lol:

If he reincarnates in Qing Qiu, at least he will have realistic expectations for females!

FJ and XY knows when to flaunt their titles! Certainly their legend seems to be wide spread. FJ may add to XY's rumors and describe how incredibly beautiful he is.

I can't help but remember how XY have bad dress sense in the novel. Such a waste of a pretty face!

• LOL 3

21 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

@MayanEcho Lol...right!

So sad,  the scripts writers kill MengShao..

He was a good friend to the Owl Clan royal siblings ( Jiu'ge and Xiao Yan). 

MengShao and Princess JieLu , both has good personality.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

@MayanEcho Lol...right!

So sad,  the scripts writers kill MengShao..

He was a good friend to the Owl Clan royal siblings ( Jiu'ge and Xiao Yan). 

MengShao and Princess JieLu , both has good personality.

Yeah, so sad with MS, though all royals who stayed expected they would die.

In the book, Jielu was a bit snooty, so I like how she's changed to that nice, fair, and sensible friend in the adaptation. Not a fan of her severe hairstyle though, I wish they've fixed her hair like that of young Junou.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Ah, if only it's shown in the adaptation. The Adonis in carrot attire. :joy:

FJ pov ( PB1 page 240

He looked exactly like a giant carrot
freshly pulled out from the snow.":joy: 

25 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

If he reincarnates in Qing Qiu, at least he will have realistic expectations for females!

FJ and XY knows when to flaunt their titles! Certainly their legend seems to be wide spread. FJ may add to XY's rumors and describe how incredibly beautiful he is.

I can't help but remember how XY have bad dress sense in the novel. Such a waste of a pretty face!

FJ think that XY is indeed beautiful .. beautiful than JH..:joy:

PB1 page 93( FJ pov)

She surmised there must have been another reason why Jiheng didn’t like
this Yan fellow. Perhaps she didn’t want to have a husband who was
prettier than herself to prevent losing face when they stood together.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

9 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Perhaps she didn’t want to have a husband who was
prettier than herself to prevent losing face when they stood together.

I'm glad this was also true in the adaptation. :naughty: Liu Ruilin was perfect as YCW. I also think the actor who did Li Jing in TMOPB can be Xiao Yan.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

29 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I'm glad this was also true in the adaptation. :naughty: Liu Ruilin was perfect as YCW. I also think the actor who did Li Jing in TMOPB can be Xiao Yan.

IKR ..Wayne Liu and Zhang BinBin such a beautiful man they are..

I'm in love with ZBB character as Reba's BFF in Pretty Li Huizhen.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

IKR ..Wayne Liu and Zhang BinBin such a beautiful man they are..

I'm in love with ZBB character as Reba's BFF in Pretty Li Huizhen.

I'll try to catch up in more Cdramas when online school of the kids stops for the summer break 1st week July. :D The time I usually watch something online before is during their online school hours.

Meanwhile ebooks, new and repeat reading :lol: Never get tired of PB, and Lotus Steps is also beautiful - TQ is perfect in blending joy, laughter, angst, and heartbreak.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Megan said:

Does the CD only cover the upper volume? How come the lower volume doesn’t have a CD?

it makes me so tempted to buy the 三生三世十里桃花 and 三生三世枕上书 in Chinese. Sure my Chinese is so rusty I will hardly understand....but why not try learning...or at least writing my translation on the book?

maybe I will buy the books...if they include bonus features. I remember one time the 三生三世十里桃花 book was sold with eternal love prints. I didn’t buy it because I was more of a fan of the movie. But here’s hoping the pillow book will have new editions with bonus prints.

hmm...my picture book definitely came with bookmarks, can’t remember about the postcard though. It’s been at least a year.

I’m pretty sure he knew. When Jiheng was declaring her intention to only marry Minsu, Dong Hua looked at Minsu and said something like “But he is a-“ he never got to finish because Jiheng interrupted him with something like never marrying anyone else.

Jiheng...you are going to obsess over Dong Hua after you reject him. Hmm...pretty sure she wanted to kick herself for not agreeing to her brother’s choice of fiancé (though Dong Hua would never have married her) just like how she wanted to kick herself for indirectly causing a DongFeng to fall into Aranya’s Dream

The rest of the radio show is online. I can drop a link when I have access to

my pc.

And Ji Heng is not fit to be the Di Hou period. If that scene happened in the book, it would be totally acceptable to Dong Hua as homosexual people have been openly and clearly depicted in that universe.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2