[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

6 minutes ago, Ninky said:

The one we have is special ed. The rest are the actual books and those are not special eds

...I think we have different definitions. To me special edition means having extra content. I already own a pillow book picture book, but I don’t count that as special edition.

what makes your picture book special edition? Or to put it another way, does your picture book have additional photos compared to the other pillow book picture books?

Actually, I think we will do all the famous romantic and funny scenes as repertoire for our blog after Lotus Step. Too heart pain to do the sad part at the end.

I totally love the dynamic of deep friendship between YCW and FJ. That will get done. 

Reading it in Chinese,, tears still streamed endlessly even after many reads of the closing chapters. 

And don’t kill us if we get to Lotus Step Chapter 24 Part 3 and we are waiting for the book to be published coz that cliffhanger is going to make us all go meh.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Megan said:

...I think we have different definitions. To me special edition means having extra content. I already own a pillow book picture book, but I don’t count that as special edition.

what makes your picture book special edition? Or to put it another way, does your picture book have additional photos compared to the other pillow book picture books?

For me that’s a special ed. I think all picture books were special eds. I had extra bookmarks and postcards. 

It had a nice sleeve cover and stuff so totally looked special edition. There is only that picture book with limited print. And limited print are all special editions.

Don’t think we will see it on shelves unless Tang Qi republishes it. The cd came with my Chinese Pillow Book Upper Vol. Novel . The CD contains the first part of a 7 part radio production of the story. You need to be able to understand Chinese to listen to it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Ninky said:

For me that’s a special ed. I think all picture books were special eds. I had extra bookmarks and postcards. 

It had a nice sleeve cover and stuff so totally looked special edition. There is only that picture book with limited print. And limited print are all special editions.

Don’t think we will see it on shelves unless Tang Qi republishes it. The cd came with my Chinese Pillow Book Upper Vol. Novel . The CD contains the first part of a 7 part radio production of the story. You need to be able to understand Chinese to listen to it.

Thank you for your explanation.
So I assume, none of the books are published in English version?

Well, I guess I need to work on my very broken Chinese first :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 minute ago, Dreams87 said:

Thank you for your explanation.
So I assume, none of the books are published in English version?

Well, I guess I need to work on my very broken Chinese first :lol:

Nope. May be a good time to brush up the language. It’s not a bad thing! :blush:

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Megan said:

Does anyone wonder what would have happened if Dong Hua told Jiheng that Min Su was a girl?

Did DH know Mind Su is a girl? I don't think DH will tell even if he knew. He won't bothered since the only reason DH agreed to get along with fake marriage was to help JH/MS with their eloped plan, as "return the favour" to his former general. it's supposedly Ji Heng herself who should've knows about Minsu more than DH.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

It looks like this:

BIG Book in the far right.

LAJRRMu.jpg

Unfortunately I searched for it in kinokuniya sg and au stores, none available atm. @Megan you probably have it? The orange one was TMOPB picture book. The purple on white one is PB

Pictorial PB, is it With the CD one or without the CD one? 

46 minutes ago, Ninky said:

The cd came with my Chinese Pillow Book Upper Vol. Novel . The CD contains the first part of a 7 part radio production of the story. You need to be able to understand Chinese to listen to it.

Does the CD only cover the upper volume? How come the lower volume doesn’t have a CD?

it makes me so tempted to buy the 三生三世十里桃花 and 三生三世枕上书 in Chinese. Sure my Chinese is so rusty I will hardly understand....but why not try learning...or at least writing my translation on the book?

maybe I will buy the books...if they include bonus features. I remember one time the 三生三世十里桃花 book was sold with eternal love prints. I didn’t buy it because I was more of a fan of the movie. But here’s hoping the pillow book will have new editions with bonus prints.

hmm...my picture book definitely came with bookmarks, can’t remember about the postcard though. It’s been at least a year.

17 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Did DH know Mind Su is a girl?

I’m pretty sure he knew. When Jiheng was declaring her intention to only marry Minsu, Dong Hua looked at Minsu and said something like “But he is a-“ he never got to finish because Jiheng interrupted him with something like never marrying anyone else.

Jiheng...you are going to obsess over Dong Hua after you reject him. Hmm...pretty sure she wanted to kick herself for not agreeing to her brother’s choice of fiancé (though Dong Hua would never have married her) just like how she wanted to kick herself for indirectly causing a DongFeng to fall into Aranya’s Dream

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Did DH know Mind Su is a girl? I don't think DH will tell even if he knew. He won't bothered since the only reason DH agreed to get along with fake marriage was to help JH/MS with their eloped plan, as "return the favour" to his former general. it's supposedly Ji Heng herself who should've knows about Minsu more than DH.

True. DH won't care because it isn't his issue! Although I wonder if he may be privately amused by the whole situation.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

Actually, I think we will do all the famous romantic and funny scenes as repertoire for our blog after Lotus Step. Too heart pain to do the sad part at the end.

I totally love the dynamic of deep friendship between YCW and FJ. That will get done. 

Reading it in Chinese,, tears still streamed endlessly even after many reads of the closing chapters. 

And don’t kill us if we get to Lotus Step Chapter 24 Part 3 and we are waiting for the book to be published coz that cliffhanger is going to make us all go meh.

I love you and the translation team!

This is the highlight for my day!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Love FJ and YCW friendships.. they're like a twin siblings..

Did Zi Lan ( TMOPB'S Kunlun's disciple) really YCW's twin brother?.

PB1 page 252/253 (Xiao Yan pov) I amused by these part of YCW.

As for Donghua and Fengjiu – the first time he met her, he had thought she
was Donghua's lover, but he paid little attention to her outer beauty then.
Afterward when he had noticed her beauty and found out she was the
queen of Qingqiu and that she had no relation to Donghua, he hadn't given much thought whether they were compatible or not. Now in hindsight,
they did look well-matched when they were together. This was a
delightful discovery to him.

A frigid wind passed by. Xiao Yan suddenly remembered he had been
bad-mouthing Donghua all this time in front of Fengjiu. He thought and
thought of ways to change Donghua's image in Fengjiu's eyes. He sat until
morning when he eventually caught pneumonia, but still couldn't think of
anything.
The next morning, Fengjiu came to find him on her own to ask
for his help on how to deal with Donghua. Lying splayed on his sickbed
with runny snots, Yan Chiwu thanked the heavens.

he is so sweet in his bumbling and clueless ways. He seem to have luck in his side too.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

33 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

he is so sweet in his bumbling and clueless ways. He seem to have luck his side too.

You can say that. He and bff FJ seem to have that knack of finding lucky outs when they're in tight spots. :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 3

Just now, MayanEcho said:

You can say that. He and bff FJ seem to have that knack of finding lucky outs when they're in tight spots. :sweatingbullets:

Right! Some how, some way, without using much brain, they somehow come out alright everytime! 

If only I can have half as much luck as they do.

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

Nope, they won't, readers will want to bury somebody else from the book instead. :)

Later chapters of the first 24 chapters of Lotus Steps are emotionally difficult to read. 

• LOL 1

6 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Right! Some how, some way, without using much brain, they somehow come out alright everytime! 

If only I can have half as much luck as they do.

I want their kind of luck when it really, really matters. Their run of bad lucks are also quite bad, but nothing would top them in finding good luck - about to be executed for falling on Meng Shao, and end up as boarder students instead! :lol:

You noticed how many times FJ almost lost her life, how many times she's jailed? Sigh! 

• LOL 2

8 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I want their kind of luck when it really, really matters. Their run of bad lucks are also quite bad, but nothing would top them in finding good luck - about to be executed for falling on Meng Shao, and end up as boarder students instead! :lol:

You noticed how many times FJ almost lost her life, how many times she's jailed? Sigh! 

Good point! FJ is lucky that someone is usually right behind her to provide support at crucial time. FJ is so loved, that she never seldom fear for negative consequences. 

Now that she is married to DH, I wonder how much more mischief she will get herself into!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ChibiLy said:

Good point! FJ is lucky that someone is usually right behind her to provide support at crucial time.

Now that she is married to DH, I wonder how much more mischief she will get herself into!

Hmm, after starlight ward, I think she's going to get mellow. :) Actually, I think she is from when she found out she's pregnant with BGG, and living alone in mortal realm where magic can't be done.

She'll still troll but not as much as before, hehehe. BGG is watching.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

26 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Hmm, after starlight ward, I think she's going to get mellow. :) Actually, I think she is from when she found out she's pregnant with BGG, and living alone in mortal realm where magic can't be done.

She'll still troll but not as much as before, hehehe. BGG is watching.

Once a troll, always a troll!

21 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I've seen this site online who I think got books by TQ. I haven't tried buying from them though, so I don't know if they're reliable like Amazon or Kinukoniya. 

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=22512756657&cm_sp=snippet-_-srp1-_-tile6&searchurl=kn%3Dtang%2Bqi%2Bgong%2Bzi%26sortby%3D17

I can't believe how expensive the books are. Is this the normal price or is it because it is out of print and considered as limited edition?

• LOL 1

6 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Once a troll, always a troll!

I can't believe how expensive the books are. Is this the normal price or is it because it is out of print and considered as limited edition?

Chill troll FJ, hahahah!

Maybe it's that expensive now because it's rare to have those copies available?

I haven't tried this site though, so I'm not sure if they are good. My local Kinukoniya online doesn't have Chinese books, though they have Tang Qi's To The Sky Kingdom. Amazon has The Pillow Book Of Samsara. 

If the site has COD mode of payment, I might try, but I noticed that it does not unlike my local Amazon and Kinukoniya. So there's that risk of paying upfront to an unknown vendor who may or may not deliver.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 2