[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

10 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

The artist's done. :wub:

The artist captures DH and FJ's relationship perfectly. A picture paints a thousand words.

The food and fox mask reminds me of how attentive FJ are to DH's needs. 

Their hand holding, gentle gaze, smile and relaxed posture reflects their loving and affectionate relationship. That DH would be perfectly happy and content to stare at FJ for a whole day. FJ is flat on her back, she looks just as content to lay around doing nothing with DH.

DH is in his classic hand to head posture. He leans slightly into FJ and is holding her hand. His sole focus is on her. It suggest how he is protective of her and want to be close to her. 

Ah...don't mind me. I just find this picture beautiful. 

• Like 2
  • Love 5

10 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Sigh...there's a lot of hateful (especially from Nonreader of PB books) comments  from the fans especially in MDL most of the hate comments was from TMOPB fans who specifically a diehard fan of BQ/YH..you can take a look over there if you're curious about it.

But at least you just said "naive" which is indeed true about one of FJ's characters at the  beginning.

Compared to others comments in MDL yours is guite lenient and considerated.

Just remember that FJ is practically just a young adult( 16-18 yrs old )who always be pampered indulged by her family..she is the one and the only interbreeding descendent of red scarlets fox in Bai's clan..actually the only one in the world. 

She should've been the most spoiled or trouble child but..she wasn't. She is considerated, kind hearted ,mischievous lively and thoughtful.. that why she thinks she must do a repayment/return the favour of what DH's has done to her..save her from mountain lion..DH kindly providing her protected shield to protect her from danger so that she'll be safe make it home.

Actually i find FJ is kind of cute naive but still cute when she was a baby fox.

Remember when DH punished her to do a time-out on the rock for half an hour without knowing that DH is buy a time to roasted her Yam with the real fire .she's sulking because she still hungry after only eating half of half-cooked roasted yam...it so entertaining to read.

I have problems with the tmopb die hards who cannot understand that a 30,000 year old girl is about equivalent to a 17 year old mortal girl. Bai Qian is a 140,000 year old immortal. There is a big difference in age there alone.

Naive and young would fit a young fox cub raised with a lot of love in Qing Qiu. She is the only third generation fox cub (ALi is a dragon so she is the only fox cub). People need a persepective. I love her naivety and how her love for DH develops from a crush to a deep all encompassing love.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

DH is in his classic hand to head posture. He leans slightly into FJ and is holding her hand. His sole focus is on her. It suggest how he is protective of her and want to be close to her. 

I love that she toys with his lock of hair. :heart: Actually, it's one of those sweet nothings I adored watching in the show.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

I love that she toys with his lock of hair. :heart: Actually, it's one of those sweet nothings I adored watching in the show.

That is one of the sweetest thing indeed. She seems to unconsciously play with his hair.

• Love 3

Remembering the restaurant scene, I kinda feel bad for Dong Hua. No one wants to share their cakes with him (remember he never got toffee in his life) and then Feng Jiu doesn’t want to make him cakes but she will make some for Xiao Yan.

all he has is some of his favourite soup from a girl he wishes would not obsess over him.

what does a guy gotta do to get some sweets?

4 hours ago, Ninky said:

I have problems with the tmopb die hards who cannot understand that a 30,000 year old girl is about equivalent to a 17 year old mortal girl. Bai Qian is a 140,000 year old immortal. There is a big difference in age there alone.

Naive and young would fit a young fox cub raised with a lot of love in Qing Qiu. She is the only third generation fox cub (ALi is a dragon so she is the only fox cub). People need a persepective. I love her naivety and how her love for DH develops from a crush to a deep all encompassing love.

In MDL..some haters even given as lower as 1/10 rating or 1.5 after watched for a few episodes only..such a childdish attitude.

I'm give TMOPB's 9/10 because , overall it was really an awesome story/drama ( not bad no 3 for Cdrama I've watched, and kind of hooked with cdrama Fantasy Genre thereafter) still gives 9/10 despite my resentful toward Dongfeng's ending.. I really hate the ending of Dongfeng's couple in it.. stupid scripts writers..urgh.

One of the comments - *Stupid girl who chasing after a guy who didn't even know her existence.. stupid ,naive, no dignity* then mentioned they dropped the show.

Too bad they didn't get to watch how that "stupid girl" being persue by the most powerful Almighty deity in the universe soonest after he know of her existence..

Just like @MayanEcho I'm also a latecomer of Cdrama, only interested because of Dongfeng or to be precise it V/R's chemistry the real reason I'm now into Cdrama.

I'm more into Kdrama before...

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1
  • Love 2

45 minutes ago, Megan said:

Remembering the restaurant scene, I kinda feel bad for Dong Hua. No one wants to share their cakes with him (remember he never got toffee in his life) and then Feng Jiu doesn’t want to make him cakes but she will make some for Xiao Yan.

all he has is some of his favourite soup from a girl he wishes would not obsess over him.

Nobody knows if DH like to eat something sweets..even LS the one who are closer to him also didn't know about DH like sweets. 

Maybe that why FJ didn't offer her cakes to DH.

And originally FJ just wanted to give it to Ali only but LS take the chances to provokes DH by asking for the cakes as well..and XY too didn't awared about DH's jealously... hence the "flying Vessel" happened because of DH's hand slipped..and the funny thing is XY didn't even know who make him fell off the stairs.

PB1 page 261

After a series of loud crashes, a
furious growl shot upward: “Which bastard tried to murder me?!”
The soup vessel that was in Donghua's hand had inexplicably disappeared.
“Sorry, my hand slipped,” he said, gazing out absentmindedly.
Ah Li with a mouthful of daikon cake cheered obscurely, “Whoa, it slipped pretty far!”
Liansong: “...”
Fengjiu: “...” 

PS: Or maybe DH didn't like sweets before but only love to eat whatever FJ cooked or made.

• LOL 3
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

That is one of the sweetest thing indeed. She seems to unconsciously play with his hair.

I remember when she gets bored in tmopb she was playing with her dads hair as well.. it was the scenes where bq comes to dent to ask her brother to talk with her parents to set a date for the wedding and fj just sits behind BY and braids his hair... lol its so funny that scene it looks like no one cared that she's doing that at all

• LOL 2
  • Insightful 2

6 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

The artist captures DH and FJ's relationship perfectly. A picture paints a thousand words.

The food and fox mask reminds me of how attentive FJ are to DH's needs. 

Their hand holding, gentle gaze, smile and relaxed posture reflects their loving and affectionate relationship. That DH would be perfectly happy and content to stare at FJ for a whole day. FJ is flat on her back, she looks just as content to lay around doing nothing with DH.

Ah...don't mind me. I just find this picture beautiful. 

Love your post...make me feels sappy all over again. Daydreaming about Dongfeng's love story..like a teenager.:wub:

An amazing writing prompt pictures.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

In MDL..some haters even given as lower as 1/10 rating or 1.5 after watched for a few episodes only..such a childdish attitude.

I'm give TMOPB's 9/10 because , overall it was really an awesome story/drama ( not bad no 3 for Cdrama I've watched, and kind of hooked with cdrama Fantasy Genre thereafter) still gives 9/10 despite my resentful toward Dongfeng's ending.. I really hate the ending of Dongfeng's couple in it.. stupid scripts writers..urgh.

One of the comments - *Stupid girl who chasing after a guy who didn't even know her existence.. stupid ,naive, no dignity* then mentioned they dropped the show.

Too bad they didn't get to watch how that "stupid girl" being persue by the most powerful Almighty deity in the universe soonest after he know of her existence..

Just like @MayanEcho I'm also a latecomer of Cdrama, only interested because of Dongfeng or to be precise it V/R's chemistry the real reason I'm now into Cdrama.

Before Cdrama, the last "human" series I've seriously watched, and its movie, was X-files. As a student, I'd watch the news, and that's it for the night. Dana and Fox (haha, the coincidence!) were the only ones that caught my fancy and watch on Monday nights. Not that I'm not allowed to watch other than news, but I was simply not interested, though afternoons and weekends I'd watch animes like Rayearth, Fushigi Yuugi, Dragon Ball, Ranma, or the legendary Pokémon series. I've seen on and off old Chinese dramas early weekend mornings. I don't really understand, but I liked their costumes, and somehow get their stories. :)

How I started watching Cdrama about 7mo ago, it was due to the BGM of a clip I got interested to view. The 1st I've watched has a disastrous half-ending (stopped at the middle of the novel it's based on), the 2nd was TMOPB. It's a good story with amazing BGM, though I wasn't too happy how the two other couples had that "unfinished business" endings. Two novels later, and a couple of weeks, there comes ELOD. :wub:

I rarely check ratings or viewer feedbacks anymore because I've noticed that most of the time, it's more on how they felt about it which often reeks of prejudice, and not on what's lacking, where did it go wrong, or what could have been done to make it better. It's not acceptable either for me to consider some ratings unless the viewer is at least done with a quarter of all episodes.

To peg FJ as naively stupid to where DH is concerned then drop the show early is so meh. Her age might be in 30,000s, but in their universe she's a young teen hero-worshipping her saviour. That it's their custom to return favours in sincere gratitude. Though FJ is deemed old enough to be married, she's not matured enough to have acquired worldliness and sophistication. DH acknowledged that himself when he asked her what does she really know about those customs. 

Had those viewers been patient enough to watch more than 6 episodes, they would have seen the character development and growth of the "silly girl", enough so that the one she couldn't reach before, fell hopelessly, shamelessly in love after at long last, he had met her.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

51 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

You spill all the words from my mind :glasses:. In addition, since TMOPB is 9/10 then ELOD I will give 15/10 because their chemistry is out of the universe and wayyy better than cp YM n MC. My argument remain the same. If they refused to watch ELOD because they feel is not up to par with TMOPB it’s their loss. Just like one of the comment of Viki “if u don’t like it be careful to not knock your head on the door on your way out” :smirk:

And again this is just my own opinion :grimace:

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

46 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

PS: Or maybe DH didn't like sweets before but only love to eat whatever FJ cooked or made.

He's possessive of whatever she cooks, likely because her dishes remind him of that sorrowless cake that made him feel dreamy after a bite of the pastry (Ep3). :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

44 minutes ago, FoxontheMoon said:

I remember when she gets bored in tmopb she was playing with her dads hair as well.. it was the scenes where bq comes to dent to ask her brother to talk with her parents to set a date for the wedding and fj just sits behind BY and braids his hair... lol its so funny that scene it looks like no one cared that she's doing that at all

That adorable scene shows how close the Bais are. :wub: FJ has a warm relationship with Dad Bai Yi, and had disputes only mostly over her feelings and what she had done for DH.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

He's possessive of whatever she cooks, likely because her dishes remind him of that sorrowless cake that made him feel dreamy after a bite of the pastry (Ep3). :lol:

It’s still annoying how Dong Hua still doesn’t know she made it. But then Zhihe’s lie has been proven false when she couldnt make an exact replica!

• LOL 2

3 hours ago, Megan said:

Lol all he needed to do was to say it out loud. Poor DH. He must have been silently seething away in that scene.

3 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Wow. 1. That is ridiculous.

I can see why TMOPB is appealing to a wider audience. It is fast pace, more action and drama.

ELoD is emotionally driven and a true romance, it is solely focused on the main leads. I have read some complaints that there are too many dialogs and not enough action. I laughed, because these viewers obviously did not read the drama description. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Dreams87 said:

You spill all the words from my mind :glasses:. In addition, since TMOPB is 9/10 then ELOD I will give 15/10 because their chemistry is out of the universe and wayyy better than cp YM n MC. My argument remain the same. If they refused to watch ELOD because they feel is not up to par with TMOPB it’s their loss. Just like one of the comment of Viki “if u don’t like it be careful to not knock your head on the door on your way out” :smirk:

And again this is just my own opinion :grimace:

At the beginning of the show.. it's was so bad.. practically a warfare  in MDL..

That time I was so frustrated with all the hate comments.. as a reader of the books I'm still trying to reasoning with some of them ..until I'm given up and stop visited .. only go there's just to gives ( to bragged actually ...lol ) an info about how ELOD successfulness and  become popular drama in China as no 1 highest viewers although had a strong competition with other drama that's aired at the same time.

PS: I wanted to give ELOD 100/10 but only can give 10/10 . As for main couple chemistry... totally agree..out of the universe..off the charts.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, FoxontheMoon said:

She is a serial hair player!

That is a sweet habit with people she is close to. I can imagine how it may have an calming effect on her and the person's hair she is playing with.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

It probably extend to whatever FJ makes! 

1 hour ago, Megan said:

It’s still annoying how Dong Hua still doesn’t know she made it. But then Zhihe’s lie has been proven false when she couldnt make an exact replica!

DH is smart. He most likely pieced it all together, after he found out what FJ did for him in the past.

• Like 3