[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

44 minutes ago, rapo65 said:

Yes, indeed, the teaser is absolutely amazing, extremely artistically done. Looking forward to the drama, especially because of the leads. Chang Chen starred is Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. I liked him so much in that movie. 

Apparently, this is supposed to be Moyuan story. If the drama airs this year we will have a competition between this and Pillow book, to see which one is better :D

Wonder why the team behind TMOPB didn't choose to produce Pillow book, but instead went on with Moyuan's story.

Hello this is the first time I post here (english is not my native language so... :sweatingbullets:)

This teaser is impressive and now I want a teaser of the Pillow book too  :heartbreak:

Does Anyone knows about the team behind Pillow Book? What dramas did they produce?

• Love 1

How are we getting a trailer for this spin off before getting a trailer for Pillow Book??!!

I will say the trailer looks pretty but I wish it was actually Moyuan's story!!

Also hope that they don't air it during the same time as Pillow Book 

I want all my attention and energy saved for fan-girling over DH+FJ :kiss_wink: 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

12 hours ago, yoyom15 said:

Does Anyone knows about the team behind Pillow Book? What dramas did they produce?

Welcome to Pillow book family! :kiss_wink:. We are all a big family here and we are glad to welcome new members.

I don't know the team, but i know the director. He is Chu Yui Bun. He was behind Ashes of Love and Legend of Chusen. hmm...to be honest i would have preferred the same team that produced TMOPB to produce Pillow book also. but meh, you can't have everything.

And where is our teaser of Pillow Book?!

• Love 1

14 hours ago, rapo65 said:

I don't know the team, but i know the director. He is Chu Yui Bun. He was behind Ashes of Love and Legend of Chusen. hmm...to be honest i would have preferred the same team that produced TMOPB to produce Pillow book also. but meh, you can't have everything.

I thought the director is Yang Xuan. He's a Taiwanese director that's suppose to be "a leader in directing emotional drama". I've never watched any of his stuff though.

(info about him https://baike.baidu.com/item/杨玄/6739326)

• Like 1

On 13 April 2019 at 1:56 AM, rapo65 said:

Yes, indeed, the teaser is absolutely amazing, extremely artistically done. Looking forward to the drama, especially because of the leads. Chang Chen starred is Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. I liked him so much in that movie. 

Apparently, this is supposed to be Moyuan story. If the drama airs this year we will have a competition between this and Pillow book, to see which one is better :D

Wonder why the team behind TMOPB didn't choose to produce Pillow book, but instead went on with Moyuan's story.

This is a brand new story and despite the title has no relation to Moyuan or Tang Qi Gong Zi who penned the 4S novels. 

• Like 1
  • Off-Topic 1

5 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

I thought the director is Yang Xuan. He's a Taiwanese director that's suppose to be "a leader in directing emotional drama". I've never watched any of his stuff though.

(info about him https://baike.baidu.com/item/杨玄/6739326)

Yang Xuan should be the director. There were some early articles that claimed Zhu Ruibin to be the director but at that time, the drama hadn't started shooting yet so they were uncertified rumours at best.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

I see..this is good then, because i really don't like Chu Yui Bun. I got my information from mydramalist. Now that i am thinking about, in the Pillow book BTS Chu Yui Bun doesn't appear :lol: checked again on cdramabase.com and you are right :blush:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

I believe the companies behind Pillow Book and the spinoff are not the same.

They aren't. Pillow book is produced by Tencent Penguin Pictures and Love and destiny by GCOO Entertainment (HUACE FILM & TV/ CROTON)

More about CROTON here: https://cdramabase.com/2017/05/15/production-companies-huace-film-tv-croton/

• Insightful 1

9 hours ago, rapo65 said:

They aren't. Pillow book is produced by Tencent Penguin Pictures

From Tencent I think I only watched The Eternal Love (with  Liang Jie and my baby Xing Zhaolin) to the end and the second season was pretty good with the CGI and cinematography.  The first season was low budget but has a good plot.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, yoyom15 said:

From Tencent I think I only watched The Eternal Love (with  Liang Jie and my baby Xing Zhaolin) to the end and the second season was pretty good with the CGI and cinematography.  The first season was low budget but has a good plot.

I don't know any other drama from Tencent, apart from The Eternal Love, which I didn't watch, but i know some very good animes from them, like Mo Dao Zu Shi (this one is absolutely fantastic :heart:).

5 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

Me too. But I think this production has more budget than Eternal Love II. 

For sure it has more budget than Eternal Love II...if not, imagine the disappointment.

@Sisca_TVXQ The New Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre is not really a Tencent production. I believe they only bought the show after it was completed. Moreover, it was helmed by a director who believes in using less expensive, lesser known actors for leads so as to have more funds for other aspects of the production. Also, he prefers to use less CGI.

• Insightful 2

1 hour ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

The Ost is really important for me so I'm glad they used the same lyricist at least 

Woaa, really what a piece of good news. Considering the people have big expectations regarding this drama, I think they will pay a lot of attention to details like music, GCI etc. Tencent is a company with a lot of money, so they better invest a lot of yuans :joy: if the quality of the drama gets even a tad closer to the quality of Mo Dao Zu Shi, then I will be very happy.

I am curious: what you will do when the drama will air? watch it from the first episode or wait till it finishes, so you can binge it? now this is a true dilemma :joy: I am usually a binge watcher and i like to wait till the whole drama finishes airing, but in this case i think i will make an exception. How can i miss discussing here every episode with u? :heart::love:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

32 minutes ago, rapo65 said:

I am curious: what you will do when the drama will air? watch it from the first episode or wait till it finishes, so you can binge it? now this is a true dilemma :joy: I am usually a binge watcher and i like to wait till the whole drama finishes airing, but in this case i think i will make an exception. How can i miss discussing here every episode with u? :heart::love:

I'm also a true binge watcher haha :joy:

I hate having to wait for subs but I really want to keep up with the discussions!!

I'll have to see when it airs...

If I really can't understand what's going on in the drama I might just have to wait for subs :confounded:

So I'll be a bit behind, but I won't skip out on this forum for sure lol :heart:

• Like 2
  • Love 1