[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

A part of synopsis on mydramalist...and it's bugging me ..way too much different from the book..

To pay the debt of gratitude, FJ follows DH who goes to fight the rebelling Demon lord. FJ soon realize that gratitude has turned into love, however DH already forgot what love is. In order to keep her safe , DH sends FJ to the mortal realm,  but the guardian he sends together with her unexpectedly dies. While trying to find the Immortal Fruit that can let her reborn, FJ enters the temple of the ghost princess. 

7 hours ago, JimmyDangz said:

A part of synopsis on mydramalist...and it's bugging me ..way too much different from the book..

To pay the debt of gratitude, FJ follows DH who goes to fight the rebelling Demon lord. FJ soon realize that gratitude has turned into love, however DH already forgot what love is. In order to keep her safe , DH sends FJ to the mortal realm,  but the guardian he sends together with her unexpectedly dies. While trying to find the Immortal Fruit that can let her reborn, FJ enters the temple of the ghost princess. 

yes, indeed, this is bothering me also. If this synopsis is true, then they changed the story too much and i don't like it. It's a completely new story. hope they didn't do this, i really hope.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, rapo65 said:

yes, indeed, this is bothering me also. If this synopsis is true, then they changed the story too much and i don't like it. It's a completely new story. hope they didn't do this, i really hope.

IKR..I hope they just follow the storyline as the book..but IF they didn't..I don't mind if they change a little bit..

Since we already seen a leaks video of Mortal realm or maybe it's actually part of FJ's life story in the Temple of ghost princess as per synopsis...We also seen Jiheng in the leaks video...her origin was from Ghost clan then adopted by Demon clan.

Ps: by the way this me aka jimmylyne:)

Got a problem with login ....I have to create another acct bc I am impatiently waiting for moderators( don't  know what it called)to solves my problem.. 

• Love 1

13 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Maybe we'll get a trailer on Reba's birthday ? (June 3)

Hopefully! I feel like it'll just be a photo wishing her happy birthday, but I'm still fine with that too!! 

12 hours ago, JimmyDangz said:

4 hours ago, rapo65 said:

Agreed! I was really confused when I first read the synopsis :huh:

I thought they said they'd keep to the original story though??

Reading it again it seems the synopsis is starting from when FJ saves DH as a baby fox

But why does it say "however DH already forget what love is"?

This implies he was in love with someone else?? But he shouldn't have ever really known what love was...idk bad wording?

Then everything afterwards is complete nonsense to me (either it's the mortal arc or they're talking about Fanyin Valley)

Why is she going to go find the immortal fruit so SHE can reborn?? She's immortal! She can't be reborn! (at least she's not suppose to)

And what about Ye Qingti? The whole purpose of her getting the fruit for him leads to the ending where DH kinda blackmails FJ so he can see her one last time.

I'm just being super nitpicky here, but it does sound quite different from the orig. story

Maybe they just worded it badly :huh:

I don't mind changes I swear lol 

Just hoping that whatever they alter will make sense with the rest of the story.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JimmyDangz said:

Ps: by the way this me aka jimmylyne:)

Got a problem with login ....I have to create another acct bc I am impatiently waiting for moderators( don't  know what it called)to solves my problem..

Hope they will solve it fast and you will get back your old account :blush::kiss_wink:

• Love 1

On 3/14/2019 at 3:24 PM, redfoxprincess said:

I will check my messages and send you Ye Hua’s Epilogue.

HI @redfoxprincess I'm newbie in this forum and i really love Three Lifes, Three Worlds, Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms, I already watch the drama and also read the book. When I found out that you also have the story from Ye Hua POV, I really want to read that.

If you dont mind, please email me the file? I have been trying to read this for a long time pls pls. I already send my email through PM.

Thank you :wub:

Hey guys can I ask Is 3L3W:The pillow book consist of only 2 volumes? I'm confused cause in the end of the second volume DH and Bai Gungun reunited but FJ is unconcious..Is there any special/Extra chapters to show a happy Dong-Feng Family?

Edited by Aimy09

9 hours ago, Aimy09 said:

Hey guys can I ask Is 3L3W:The pillow book consist of only 2 volumes? I'm confused cause in the end of the second volume DH and Bai Gungun reunited but FJ is unconcious..Is there any special/Extra chapters to show a happy Dong-Feng Family?

Yes its only 2 volumes, but it is assumed that Feng jiu will wake up, so its a happy ending. There is a lot of mini stories/comics about them. You can read it here

https://hui3r.wordpress.com/category/books/three-lives-three-worlds-pillow-book/

On 4/5/2019 at 11:58 AM, JimmyDangz said:

Is mydramalist reliable ? Some of their information seems not right (remember reba's next project?)

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ

19 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Is mydramalist reliable ? Some of their information seems not right (remember reba's next project?)

I hope so..

I remember Reba's next project..the one that the casts listed keep on changing right..

@midnight_muse you could be right.. maybe they( mydramalist) just worded it badly..

On 4/5/2019 at 12:58 PM, JimmyDangz said:

True that there are changes...I hope this is just one person's (the one who made the synopsis) interpretation of the book. 

You can see parallels to the book, though. For example:

The debt of gratitude could be the one that started it all...where DH saves her from that beast in the mountains. There are a lot of times that FJ could owe a debt of gratitude to DH in the Pillow Book...when he helps her as she fought the demon that started the fire, when he keeps the stuff she forgot at the hot springs, when he puts her in the cage (?) to keep her safe etc.

The rebelling demon lord could be Yan Chiwu who always asks DH for a duel.

To keep her safe, DH puts her in the cage (?) which falls into Fan Yin Valley (instead of the mortal world).

I don't know who is the guardian who dies... maybe it's supposed to be connected to Qing Ti? So maybe they are going to show an arc where she does go to the mortal realm and she was a concubine who was gifted to Qing Ti.

The immortal fruit is the fruit from Fan Yin Valley that she wants in order to repay her debt of gratitude to Qing Ti.

The temple of the ghost princess is likely Aranya's dream. 

Yep, those are some changes. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ElleSor said:

True that there are changes...I hope this is just one person's (the one who made the synopsis) interpretation of the book. 

You can see parallels to the book, though. For example:

The debt of gratitude could be the one that started it all...where DH saves her from that beast in the mountains. There are a lot of times that FJ could owe a debt of gratitude to DH in the Pillow Book...when he helps her as she fought the demon that started the fire, when he keeps the stuff she forgot at the hot springs, when he puts her in the cage (?) to keep her safe etc.

The rebelling demon lord could be Yan Chiwu who always asks DH for a duel.

To keep her safe, DH puts her in the cage (?) which falls into Fan Yin Valley (instead of the mortal world).

I don't know who is the guardian who dies... maybe it's supposed to be connected to Qing Ti? So maybe they are going to show an arc where she does go to the mortal realm and she was a concubine who was gifted to Qing Ti.

The immortal fruit is the fruit from Fan Yin Valley that she wants in order to repay her debt of gratitude to Qing Ti.

The temple of the ghost princess is likely Aranya's dream. 

Yep, those are some changes. 

If the interpretation was follow the accuracy of the book..no matter how odd as it was..I don't mind 

What's make me anxious IF the synopsis was really meant for the PB drama..especially these excerpts..

Donghua already forgot what love is

just like what @midnight_muse said ..these word was implied that DH has been love before.

But we know from the book DongFeng was each other first.

and this also make me a little bit confused why DH confessed to FJ's father that he was fell in love at the first sight with Fengjiu.

Okay so, just out of curiosity, I went searching for the synopsis on BaiDu

(https://baike.baidu.com/item/三生三世枕上书/15821930?fr=aladdin) <--how reliable is this??

Not too sure how accurate this is, but was just curious how different the Chinese synopsis would be

Disclaimer: I can not read Chinese so just slid this into Google translate (completely raw from Google translate)

Qingqiu Emperor Ji Baifeng Jiu ( Dili Reba ) was attacked by a monster when he was practicing in the mountains. The moment of crisis was saved by the passing Donghua Emperor ( Gao Weiguang ) , and he was remembered in mind. In order to report to Enfeng Jiu, he insisted on following Donghua and fighting in the chaos of the world. In the relationship, she found that her feelings of resentment have turned into love. However, in the struggle between thousands of years and evil, Donghua has forgotten the word "love". In order to protect the safety of Fengjiu, Donghua sent her to the world, but unfortunately made friends die to protect her. In order to find the fairy fruit that can be resurrected in the legend, Feng Jiu entered the dreamland of the winged Princess Alanjo and relived the life of Alanjo. After arduous efforts to rescue Feng Jiu, Donghua found that she had fallen in love with her. The two were preparing to become relatives, but Donghua missed the wedding banquet in order to save Princess Ji (Liu Yuxin) . The lost Feng Jiu went alone to the world and gave birth to Donghua’s son. At this time, Donghua was seriously injured and consciously died soon. He could only bury his love for Feng Jiu in his heart, and turned his half heart into a glass ring to protect the phoenix and prepare for emergence. He realized that Donghua was deep in himself. The feelings, Feng Jiu resolutely rushed to the emperor and the fallen battlefield, burning the power of life, defeating the strong enemy and helping Donghua maintain the peace of the world. In the end, justice defeated evil, and light defeated the darkness. Feng Jiu was asleep because of serious injuries. Donghua and Bai Feng and his father and son recognized each other.

It's not perfect but it gets the jist across

But after reading this I feel a lot more at ease

This version seems much more accurate than the other translated synopsis

Specifically the parts about how DH has "forgotten the word 'love'" and FJ entering the "dreamland of the winged Princess [Aranya]"

Note to any Chinese readers out there, how accurate is this to the original Chinese synopsis?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, midnight_muse said:

Okay so, just out of curiosity, I went searching for the synopsis on BaiDu

(https://baike.baidu.com/item/三生三世枕上书/15821930?fr=aladdin) <--how reliable is this??

Not too sure how accurate this is, but was just curious how different the Chinese synopsis would be

Disclaimer: I can not read Chinese so just slid this into Google translate (completely raw from Google translate)

Qingqiu Emperor Ji Baifeng Jiu ( Dili Reba ) was attacked by a monster when he was practicing in the mountains. The moment of crisis was saved by the passing Donghua Emperor ( Gao Weiguang ) , and he was remembered in mind. In order to report to Enfeng Jiu, he insisted on following Donghua and fighting in the chaos of the world. In the relationship, she found that her feelings of resentment have turned into love. However, in the struggle between thousands of years and evil, Donghua has forgotten the word "love". In order to protect the safety of Fengjiu, Donghua sent her to the world, but unfortunately made friends die to protect her. In order to find the fairy fruit that can be resurrected in the legend, Feng Jiu entered the dreamland of the winged Princess Alanjo and relived the life of Alanjo. After arduous efforts to rescue Feng Jiu, Donghua found that she had fallen in love with her. The two were preparing to become relatives, but Donghua missed the wedding banquet in order to save Princess Ji (Liu Yuxin) . The lost Feng Jiu went alone to the world and gave birth to Donghua’s son. At this time, Donghua was seriously injured and consciously died soon. He could only bury his love for Feng Jiu in his heart, and turned his half heart into a glass ring to protect the phoenix and prepare for emergence. He realized that Donghua was deep in himself. The feelings, Feng Jiu resolutely rushed to the emperor and the fallen battlefield, burning the power of life, defeating the strong enemy and helping Donghua maintain the peace of the world. In the end, justice defeated evil, and light defeated the darkness. Feng Jiu was asleep because of serious injuries. Donghua and Bai Feng and his father and son recognized each other.

It's not perfect but it gets the jist across

But after reading this I feel a lot more at ease

This version seems much more accurate than the other translated synopsis

Specifically the parts about how DH has "forgotten the word 'love'" and FJ entering the "dreamland of the winged Princess [Aranya]"

Note to any Chinese readers out there, how accurate is this to the original Chinese synopsis?

This synopsis was much better than the other synopsis tho...

I remember there's once here some fans asked for a thousands years old how come DH never have any relationships before?

The Peace of Heaven/world was his first and foremost priority all the time..he doesn't have a time or a urged/desires for love or woman until FJ.

That why he was known as "Desireless Emotionless Loveless" deity..

Eventhough he was adopted by Zhihe Father but he didn't feel their affections or "love" ...one of the reason was bc his unique hair color.(how can that be????.I have a thing for silver hair hero :D)

I felt the sadness...feel so touching when read the part that he was indulged and pampered by FJ..and he really love it.

14 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

This is one of my biggest regrets in this life, not knowing chinese :tears: imagine how many other books we could read, which are not translated and how many dramas we could watch, without waiting for subtitles.. sigh..... :( #planningtorebornasachineseinthenextlife

I prefer this synopsis, as it's more like the novel. Let's hope it will be like this.

14 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

Kinda curious also, are there any Chinese here reading this forum? :D if yes, raise your hands! :joy:

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/HoZzNu6fB?fid=1034:4359565702294262 :joy::joy:

• Like 1

@rapo65

I feel you!!! I would love to read the original Pillow Book in Chinese!

There are so many things that can get lost in translation and some of the more poetic Chinese lines just don't have the same effect when translated to a different language (though I still love the translated version and think the translators did a pretty good job :wub:)

:joy: You know what's super regretful, learning Chinese for 4 years back when I was still in junior high but forgetting most of it :sweat_smile:

After getting into Chinese dramas I started remembering some of the really easy stuff but still wish I paid more attention in school!!

Who knew I would need this skill because I became hooked on C-dramas hahaha

Question to anyone who has read both the original Chinese and English-translated Pillow Book (if there are any):

Just curious, but what differences are there between the Chinese and English versions?? How different are the more poetic lines of the text? And what are your thoughts on both of them?

• Like 1

From the creators of TMOPB here comes a new drama, Love and destiny, which is considered a spin-off. This is the trailer. woaa, looks like we have another drama to look forward to, apart from Pillow book. the airing date is in 2020 according to Douban.

Synopsis here: https://cfen.si/2019/04/08/chang-chen-makes-drama-debut-opposite-ni-ni-in-eternal-love-spin-off/#more-59365

What do you think?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rapo65 said:

From the creators of TMOPB here comes a new drama, Love and destiny, which is considered a spin-off. This is the trailer. woaa, looks like we have another drama to look forward to, apart from Pillow book. the airing date is in 2020 according to Douban.

Synopsis here: https://cfen.si/2019/04/08/chang-chen-makes-drama-debut-opposite-ni-ni-in-eternal-love-spin-off/#more-59365

What do you think?

Sounds a lot like Journey of Flower. That was a painful drama.... but I like the visuals. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 8:32 PM, aprincessofmars said:

Sounds a lot like Journey of Flower. That was a painful drama.... but I like the visuals. 

Yes, indeed, the teaser is absolutely amazing, extremely artistically done. Looking forward to the drama, especially because of the leads. Chang Chen starred is Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. I liked him so much in that movie. 

Apparently, this is supposed to be Moyuan story. If the drama airs this year we will have a competition between this and Pillow book, to see which one is better :D

Wonder why the team behind TMOPB didn't choose to produce Pillow book, but instead went on with Moyuan's story.

• Like 1