[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

10 hours ago, redfoxprincess said:

Hi everyone! I’m back again! Hopefully to stay around for longer this time.

@redfoxprincessWelcome back! I'm new to the thread but been following for a while so I'm glad to see you're back! I've surely missed your commentary :D Oo threenagers can drive anyone up a wall, hang in there!  

3 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

You're welcome ~ I'm just trying to keep this thread on first page to gain new fans for the drama :lol:

@redfoxprincess

Welcome back ~ miss you so much :lol:

My niece is also now a teenager and is living with me so I understand your problem :sweatingbullets:

You should check their Official Weibo for a quick update ~

And if you dont mind could you PM me the epilogue from Ye hua POV too ? Thanks :kiss_wink:

waiiiiit wait wait wait a moment! What's all this talk of Yehua POV? Is there a new pov or an old one got translated? Did I miss something?

I'm curious! I wanna read it too!!!!! @redfoxprincess could you pleas PM it to me too? I'd love to read his pov! :wub:

Yay! welcome back @redfoxprincess I will patiently wait for the epilogue, thank you!
Btw do you have any thought regarding my questions? @Sisca_TVXQ had already answered, but I'd love to hear your thought about this

When DongHua entered Aranya's dream he left all his power outside right? Leaving him totally bare without protection and vunerable to the phytons attack. Then inside the dream it was shown he use some magic, healing rapidly but at the same time he also fighting the water serpent with swordskills only, which caused the battle to lasts 2 days. Then he also re-create the magical glass. Can someone please explain this inconsistency? 

I am more and more intrigued and excited by this mortal realm arc! I don't know if you've seen this: :heart:

I wonder when they will release a real trailer? :mellow: Does it always take this long after shooting to release a trailer or are they extra secretive here? :huh:

11 hours ago, Hana-chan^.^ said:

Yaaay, I'm so glad they reprised their roles! :) Doesn't Bai Zhi look younger? :huh:

Its the beard, in TMOPB his beard is longer :lol:

Badass Fengjiu fighting the Chiyan beast

Dont know what scene is this

• Like 3

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 6:17 PM, Sisca_TVXQ said:

I was hoping someone would add Pillow Book events into the timeline. I couldn't find any online, so maybe we can come out with one?  

I have prepared a rough draft of the major events. The first 2 are from Kakashi's timeline, the rest are based on info in PB novel.

Spoiler

Year 0
Father Deity/Immortal founds the Heavens and the Earth

Year 10,000

Donghua Dijun comes out of a rock(really?) at the holy Blue Sea

Year 368,300

Fengjiu was born

Year 398,200

Donghua saved Fengjiu at Mt. Qinyao

Year 399,800

Fengjiu entered Taichen Palace as maid

Year 400,221

- Donghua, baby fox and Jiheng trapped in Wicked Lotus Sphere for 7 days

- Baby fox stayed at Taichen Palace for 3 months

13th Sep : Baby fox went back to Qingqiu

- Chen Ye was born (10 years before Aranya)

Year 400,231

Aranya was born (295 years before dreamverse)

Year 400,293?

17th Aug : Aranya died (60-62 years old?)

Year 400,298

Fengjiu went to mortal realm (228 years before dreamverse)

Year 400,300

Ye Hua vs Qing Cang (Donghua was still sleeping and Fengjiu was in mortal realm)

Year 400,303
Fengjiu (32,000 years old) becomes Queen of Qingqiu

Ye Hua wakes up

Year 400,450
Bai Yi forced Fengjiu to marry Cang’yi, Fengjiu destroyed Mt Zhiyue's palace

Year 400,526
April : Donghua saw Fengjiu for the first time at Wangsheng lakeside during Ye Hua & Bai Qian’s wedding

May : Xiao Yan and Fengjiu fell into Fanyin Valley

Winter solstice : Donghua entered Fanyin Valley

Year 400,527
18th Feb : Bingchang ceremony at Mt Tangting

4th Mar : Wedding banquet at the holy Blue Sea

Year 400,530?

Bai Gungun was born

Year 400,727

5th May : Supposedly the last immortalization ceremony at the Jade Pond

A week later, Donghua went on a suicide mission at the holy Blue Sea to prevent apocalypse

Note: Aranya's timeline was so messed up, so I just skipped everything.

Dongfeng age gap is only around 360,000 years...he's not that old :P

Feel free to add/amend the timeline.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, orenji_neko said:

I was hoping someone would add Pillow Book events into the timeline. I couldn't find any online, so maybe we can come out with one?  

I have prepared a rough draft of the major events. The first 2 are from Kakashi's timeline, the rest are based on info in PB novel.

Reveal hidden contents

Year 0
Father Deity/Immortal founds the Heavens and the Earth

Year 10,000

Donghua Dijun comes out of a rock(really?) at the holy Blue Sea

Year 368,300

Fengjiu was born

Year 398,200

Donghua saved Fengjiu at Mt. Qinyao

Year 399,800

Fengjiu entered Taichen Palace as maid

Year 400,221

- Donghua, baby fox and Jiheng trapped in Wicked Lotus Sphere for 7 days

- Baby fox stayed at Taichen Palace for 3 months

13th Sep : Baby fox went back to Qingqiu

- Chen Ye was born (10 years before Aranya)

Year 400,231

Aranya was born (295 years before dreamverse)

Year 400,293?

17th Aug : Aranya died (60-62 years old?)

Year 400,298

Fengjiu went to mortal realm (228 years before dreamverse)

Year 400,300

Ye Hua vs Qing Cang (Donghua was still sleeping and Fengjiu was in mortal realm)

Year 400,303
Fengjiu (32,000 years old) becomes Queen of Qingqiu

Ye Hua wakes up

Year 400,450
Bai Yi forced Fengjiu to marry Cang’yi, Fengjiu destroyed Mt Zhiyue's palace

Year 400,526
April : Donghua saw Fengjiu for the first time at Wangsheng lakeside during Ye Hua & Bai Qian’s wedding

May : Xiao Yan and Fengjiu fell into Fanyin Valley

Winter solstice : Donghua entered Fanyin Valley

Year 400,527
18th Feb : Bingchang ceremony at Mt Tangting

4th Mar : Wedding banquet at the holy Blue Sea

Year 400,530?

Bai Gungun was born

Year 400,727

5th May : Supposedly the last immortalization ceremony at the Jade Pond

A week later, Donghua went on a suicide mission at the holy Blue Sea to prevent apocalypse

Note: Aranya's timeline was so messed up, so I just skipped everything.

Dongfeng age gap is only around 360,000 years...he's not that old :P

Feel free to add/amend the timeline.

WOW! 360,000 years HAHAHAHAHA! Then if you think of it, shouldn't at least the TianJun look a bit younger than DongHua? since he's older than Bai Zhi, and Ah Li calls Bai Zhi Grandfather, then DongHua should be great grandfather.

• Thanks 1

@euphoenix @orenji_neko @Rouzmary @Hana Chan  Welcome on board!!..:grin: wave!! 

@rapo65 good to see you here..i recognize you in 3L3W pillow book mydramalist forum..:D

@euphoenix just wanted to share my thoughts about your questions regarding Aranya Dreamverse on Dong Hua abilities since he have to leave his fairy energy (essence).. 

Most of us reader think that Donghua would be helpless or vulnerable in that situation..

An excerpts from the book:

"Anyone who entered the dream had to leave his fairy energy one hundred metres outside the dream field. By only using his mortal body could one smoothly enter, otherwise the dream could break"- an explanation from Meng Shao to Liansong.

My thoughts on this was maybe because Donghua ORIGIN was different from other deity.

Donghua had existed since the time yin and yang separated at the Blue Sea, a true spirit born out of heaven and earth. (even his blood was crimson gold  due to his long life time cultivated his age - as old as time)

Liansong :

" I'm intrigued whether this dream can really trap Donghua,  but you are saying that Donghua's magic cannot be cast inside Aranya Dream and he wouldn't have any other way. This, I don't very much agree with. 

The generals in prehistoric times bowed down to Donghua because he was good at fighting, but for him to sit atop of the world,  it's wasn't only due to his almighty magic...but it's was also his brain( intelligentness).

He was practically undefeatable/ invincible by anything except maybe A DESTINY..

How can a mere Dream that was created by Chen Ye who was born from his( Donghua) own shadow can beat the almighty..a former Master of the Universe ?

No doubt about Donghua's age the description was As Old As Time..so yeah he can be categorized as a great great great grandfather to all of characters in pillow book..but he was also the most charming and powerful deity.:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, euphoenix said:

@jimmylyne Thank you so much for your insight! Then could you please address as to why DongHua spent 2 days fighting the water serpent? Is it because he's bored? Because he healed his own wounds afterwards.

An excerpts from what the little fish story..the one who accompany Fengjiu watching the fight between Donghua and Master serpent.

" Master serpent is a multi-tailed serpent.  His tail can regrow 49 time, its always  grew back the last 49 time the moment it got cut."

My perception was Donghua have to cut off the Master serpent tail 49 times and successfully done..Donghua doesn't even used his magic . Had Donghua used magic ( instead of just with a sword) the fight wouldn't have lasted so long. 2 days duel with Master serpent was indeed a great achievement. 

And no he wasn't bored..the master serpent was trying to destroy the coffin( Fengjiu's body in it) to get the Divine Essence from the coffin..that the reason why Donghua fight with Master serpent.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, euphoenix said:

WOW! 360,000 years HAHAHAHAHA! Then if you think of it, shouldn't at least the TianJun look a bit younger than DongHua? since he's older than Bai Zhi, and Ah Li calls Bai Zhi Grandfather, then DongHua should be great grandfather.

Seems like everyone age differently. Not everyone can maintain their youthfulness like DongHua B)

Poor A-Li, the hierarchy thingy is so complicated:sweatingbullets:. But since DongHua already married FengJiu, then A-Li should just call him 'DongHua gege'. And like what Liansong said, DongHua have to call YeHua 'uncle' :joy:

• LOL 4

On 3/17/2019 at 8:54 AM, jimmylyne said:

@rapo65 good to see you here..i recognize you in 3L3W pillow book mydramalist forum..:D

nice to see you here, also :heart::heart::heart:  woaa, I can't wait for the drama to begin...the time passes soo slowly. 

by the way, i saw in the leak from yt some scenes from the mortal world. what do you think about it? I think the writers created here a totally different arc from the book, that will span on several episodes.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, rapo65 said:

nice to see you here, also :heart::heart::heart:  woaa, I can't wait for the drama to begin...the time passes soo slowly. 

by the way, i saw in the leak from yt some scenes from the mortal world. what do you think about it? I think the writers created here a totally different arc from the book, that will span on several episodes.

Good day to you:D

When the leak pic from mortal realm surfaced( in pages 30-ish I think)..there was a lots of exciting discussion here..exciting yet anxious feeling because as we know Donghua was never goes to mortal realm ( as confirmed by Zhonglin Donghua's assistant )..but apparently in the the drama we will see Vengo plays three characters as Donghua, Chen Ye and Crown Prince...and Reba as Fengjiu ,Aranya and Princess Consort...which is very intriguingly interesting since one of the scripts writer was Tang Qi herself.

Likewise...Can't wait for this drama to air..:anguished:...can't say "counting the days" since we don't know a specific date when it will aired/begin but...this phrases "the wait is killing me!!" is certainly accurated.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, orenji_neko said:

Seems like everyone age differently. Not everyone can maintain their youthfulness like DongHua B)

Poor A-Li, the hierarchy thingy is so complicated:sweatingbullets:. But since DongHua already married FengJiu, then A-Li should just call him 'DongHua gege'. And like what Liansong said, DongHua have to call YeHua 'uncle' :joy:

Most definitely..not everyone can maintain youthfulness like Donghua..

It's would be great if Tang Qi has some explanations regarding this matter 

I was thinking it's was because of the way he lead his life..Donghua always goes in into isolations meditations to do a cultivations...he even have a gold pigments in his blood due to his lifetime cultivated.

Improving health, increasing longevity growing powerful can be accomplished by cultivating Qi .Training in martial & mystical arts or even read a book sutras and scriptures ( we know Donghua was a bookworms) can increasing amounts/capacity of refined Qi possessed by a cultivator.

Hierarchy...poor Ah Li always confuse how to address Donghua..

When Liansong mentioned that Donghua have to call "that brat Yehua" uncle since he was married to Fengjiu..

And Donghua said he intended to adopt Cheng yu ( Liansong's love interest)so that Liansong will have to call Donghua Father in law. :joy:

Ps : Qi and Chakras( in Naruto animation) was it the same ? ( i know it was totally out of topic) but if chakras can mantain youthfulness like what Tsunade  or Hatake Kakashi's does then I think Qi also can do the same..or was it not?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Good day to you:D

When the leak pic from mortal realm surfaced( in pages 30-ish I think)..there was a lots of exciting discussion here..exciting yet anxious feeling because as we know Donghua was never goes to mortal realm ( as confirmed by Zhonglin Donghua's assistant )..but apparently in the the drama we will see Vengo plays three characters as Donghua, Chen Ye and Crown Prince...and Reba as Fengjiu ,Aranya and Princess Consort...which is very intriguingly interesting since one of the scripts writer was Tang Qi herself.

Likewise...Can't wait for this drama to air..:anguished:...can't say "counting the days" since we don't know a specific date when it will aired/begin but...this phrases "the wait is killing me!!" is certainly accurated.

Hope they will not change the story too much, just to fill in the episodes, as they did with AOL. Even now I am soo upset with what the writers did there. While certainly there will be some changes, no doubt about this, but let's hope there will be minor ones. If the writers mess with another amazing novel, i am done with C-ent :lol: have u seen what they did in Goodbye my princess? come oooon C-ent, we have high hopes, don't disappoint us!

• Like 1

IMO the mortal arc will be a twist, the crown prince is not Donghua but someone who looks like him, or else how they will explain that Donghua dont remember Fengjiu?

On 3/17/2019 at 1:28 PM, euphoenix said:

WOW! 360,000 years HAHAHAHAHA! Then if you think of it, shouldn't at least the TianJun look a bit younger than DongHua? since he's older than Bai Zhi, and Ah Li calls Bai Zhi Grandfather, then DongHua should be great grandfathe

If I remember correctly different deity/clan ? :sweatingbullets: ages differently, like Aranya is Biyiniao bird clan, their lifespan is around 100/1000 years only ? 

IjzTAdt.jpg

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

IMO the mortal arc will be a twist, the crown prince is not Donghua but someone who looks like him, or else how they will explain that Donghua dont remember Fengjiu?

I'm also hoping for this scenario ^^ as well.  *fingers crossed*

But I wonder if Fengjiu is going to fall for the mortal crown prince or stay fairly true to the book version :huh:

At first I was quite hesitant about the mortal arc, but now I'm curious to see how it goes considering how little there was in the book,

but at the same I'm hoping it doesn't take up too many episodes (I still want time for all the juicy DongFeng book moments!!)

As long as it makes sense with the rest of the story line (and adds some extra goodies tehe), I'm looking forward to seeing it :) 

Side note: it seems Jiheng is in the mortal arc as well, super curious to see what role she plays there :ph34r:

• Like 2