[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

7 hours ago, xiaoxf said:

I hope XY is a part of LS story, just a little bit ? Maybe he will become his love advisor like FJ.

Spoiler

He is mentioned by other characters in the story. Namely by Xie Gu Chou. There is a section that involved the netherworld so it will involve the Black lord of the netherworld.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

Well I don't know too much about psychology correct if I'm wrong  I thought to have a father complex is related to ,"daddy issues" which I think isn't fengjiu`s case , and she only has loved one man so we can't say there is a pattern and she has a thing with older guys when she has only loved one person who looks way yonger than her father and like to tease others

to me she started to admiring him like when you like a celebrity ,  his love was platonic but I think when she went to live in his palace as his made and fox pet she started to meet the real donghua and her admiration became a deeper love  moreover I woukd say the one with mommy issues  is donghua, he is the one who starts behaving like a child with fengjiu hahaha 

Father/Mother complex is often misconstrued as a negative connotation of "daddy issues/mommy issues". It is a study of the gender role we associate from observing the parent in question, and how it effects us in the long run, what we learn, what we look for, what we avoid in that gender role. It's very misogynistic as the psychoanalysts are both men who "studied and published" about these findings in an era/society that is heavily patriarchal. The term "female hysteria" is used every time a woman voices her opinions, that era. :joy: I don't accept either approach/studies to the Father/Mother complex, as they focus heavily on "the absent father" and heavily favor that women need a father figure to develop/mature "correctly", whereas men, without a mother/father, are still able to function in society.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

On 3/1/2020 at 10:49 PM, nitepolaris said:

Just finished the raw till EP 48~ the sweet and fluffy vibes really makes one swoons. somehow I'm ok with miaoluo's interruption than Jiheng's. 

Though on random note, does anyone find Prince Qing looking quite cute or I'm the only weird one XD look at the lashes and how innocently he sleeps :relieved:

rXU4XEg.png

The different faces of Dijun... Credit: vengo_taiwan IG

lvnWRYB.png

PEsZkUs.png

This scene totally crack me up 

Hide contents

1U75x0c.png

Translation: 

DJ: It's late and he still came to find you (referring to Shenye)

Really doesn't avoid suspicions (In here feels more like avoid being topic of gossip)

FJ: Last time when you and Jiheng stayed in the room to draw when it's already so late, while I curled outside the door... did I say anything? 

DJ: I'm getting tired... I'm gonna rest now. 

My lady, please admire the fishes for a while (without him)

Feng Jiu actually got Dijun here. He can’t counter Feng Jiu’s accusation about her time as a fox

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

On 3/2/2020 at 12:27 PM, jimmylyne said:

LS: Say, what exactly were you  thinking when you made the Cang'he sword? There is a crystal block the size of the palm, and you carved onto it 10,000 facets with 5000 holes of the exact size. Do you know how much effort i spent to maintain it? Is there some sort of hidden machinery?

This description of the sword confuses me. I get that it is a crystal sword with a lot of facets...but 5000 holes in the sword? Like shallow holes, or pinprick holes? Why?

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

On 3/1/2020 at 6:49 AM, nitepolaris said:

Though on random note, does anyone find Prince Qing looking quite cute or I'm the only weird one XD look at the lashes and how innocently he sleeps :relieved:

Haha, I did too. He looked adorable and I don't like snakes. Scared of them, but this scene was cute! I might have a heart attack though if I was in Fengjiu's situation :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Megan said:

This description of the sword confuses me. I get that it is a crystal sword with a lot of facets...but 5000 holes in the sword? Like shallow holes, or pinprick holes? Why?

The last battle might explain what purpose those holes served. :)

When FJ wounded her hands to the sword to coat the blade with her blood, those holes acted like sponge. 

When DH managed to stab ML, what got stored in the holes as well as what was on the blade surface meant there were more nine-tailed fox blood injected in ML's body. 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 2

On 4/6/2020 at 11:44 AM, Megan said:

I thought it was because he promised Ji Heng and Zhi He’s parents to look after them. Hence he couldn’t poison them. His hands were tied by honor.

Honor? What's that? Apparently as old as DH practically the oldest ..he never heard of it..

PB 1 page 17&18

Donghua Dijun had long retired to the privacy of Taichen Palace. The
younger fairies didn’t get to experience his venomous tongue, but the older generation could never forget it. The King wasn't much of a talker. But
when he did talk, his words pierced sharp like the blade in his hand.
According to legend, there once was a young ignorant lord from the
Demon Clan who heard of Donghua Dijun's fame. He valiantly trespassed
into Jiuchongtian one year, wanting to duel with Donghua. But no sooner
had he arrived at Taichen Palace's doors was he stopped by the guards.
Donghua was playing chess on his own by the lotus pond at the time.
The brash young lad screamed up a storm despite being pinned down in
an effort to lure Donghua out. When Donghua called his guards back, he
yelled even louder, saying things such as Heaven was known for their
honorable ways, if Donghua still had any honor left, he'd come out to duel
with him one on one instead of ganging up on a loner.
As Donghua passed by with the chess box in his hand, he backed up two
steps and asked the young man on the ground, “What... was it that you
said?”

The young man gritted his teeth. “Honor! I said honor!”
Donghua picked up his heels and continued to walk on. “What’s that?
Never heard of it.”

The young lad had trouble exhaling; he fainted unconscious on the spot.

For ZH and JH cases DH was merely "return the favour" to ZH and JH's parents. Nothing to do with Honor.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

26 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

:joy: The Nine-Tailed fox clan will never become an endangered species or become extinct, with these two hell bent on populating them :naughty:

Ye Hua, shouldn't there be some little dragons too? :lol: Or you prefer nine-tailed foxes more coz as Cheng Yu said, they're more useful? 

Psshh, DH, and YH, the reality is that you both love foxes because they're easier to carry away when you want alone time with your wife. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • Naughty 2
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, vivi0303 said:

Father/Mother complex is often misconstrued as a negative connotation of "daddy issues/mommy issues". It is a study of the gender role we associate from observing the parent in question, and how it effects us in the long run, what we learn, what we look for, what we avoid in that gender role. It's very misogynistic as the psychoanalysts are both men who "studied and published" about these findings in an era/society that is heavily patriarchal. The term "female hysteria" is used every time a woman voices her opinions, that era. :joy: I don't accept either approach/studies to the Father/Mother complex, as they focus heavily on "the absent father" and heavily favor that women need a father figure to develop/mature "correctly", whereas men, without a mother/father, are still able to function in society.

I just brush aside any comments mentioning FJ as having daddy issues as they clearly do not know what they're talking about.

FJ have the best family and was raised.in the most loving and understanding environment. Being a willful child, her family never restrain her from doing anything. In the scene where LS came looking for FJ after she went to the mortal realm, we heard how Bai Zhen talked about the Bai's family upbringing. That they respect each member's freedom and will to act independently. Although FJ did get punished from time to time for being naughty, her parents still encouraged her to speak her mind and stand her ground. That is why she dared argue with Lord Buddha and even pull pranks on Little Gray Wolf didi. Haha..

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@Yori Ten The scene in Fanyin Valley when FJ said she'll break DH like the stick she was stepping on. Sigh, prophetic words.

That scene is gold! No wonder DH did not actually turned into a hankie coz he is NOT A FOOL. Oh but DH, FJ did made you into the biggest FOOL in love after all. FJ : 1 DH : 0

• LOL 11

9 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

That scene is gold! No wonder DH did not actually turned into a hankie coz he is NOT A FOOL. Oh but DH, FJ did made you into the biggest FOOL in love after all. FJ : 1 DH : 0

I have a feeling it will always be DH:0 from now on, at least when it matters. He's no fool. Losing is winning in his position. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1