[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Am I the only one thinking that they will probably follow the book and the crown prince is not Dong hua ? Just his face is similar to Dong hua, maybe to keep some mystery/twist for later ? 

I don’t have thoughts on how likely or unlikely that is. I really hope the Crown Prince is Dong Hua coming to the mortal realm to find his baby fox. In any case, my utmost concern is that they don’t mess with their relationship and they both don’t unknowingly enter into relationships with other people they thought were each other. :tears: I loved it so much that in the books, even though Feng Jiu believed the Emperor was Dong Hua, she maintained her dignity and rejected all his advances. In fact, I actually had hoped that she would reject ‘Xize’ too and decide to be with no one if she couldn’t be with Dong Hua. But i’m able to accept this only because ‘Xize’ actually is Dong Hua.

7 hours ago, Lena Lu said:

I worry about this mortal arc messing up the delicate continuity of this world. 

Yep, that’s exactly my concern. There were many nuances in the Eternal Love drama that I felt were badly executed - all of them were in the parts written by the scriptwriters and not following the book. I really hope they have thought things through very carefully this time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, redfoxprincess said:

I don’t have thoughts on how likely or unlikely that is. I really hope the Crown Prince is Dong Hua coming to the mortal realm to find his baby fox. In any case, my utmost concern is that they don’t mess with their relationship and they both don’t unknowingly enter into relationships with other people they thought were each other. :tears: I loved it so much that in the books, even though Feng Jiu believed the Emperor was Dong Hua, she maintained her dignity and rejected all his advances. In fact, I actually had hoped that she would reject ‘Xize’ too and decide to be with no one if she couldn’t be with Dong Hua. But i’m able to accept this only because ‘Xize’ actually is Dong Hua.

I dont think like that at all, for me deep down she could feel that the emperor is not Dong hua thats why she keep rejecting him. But she fall in love with Xi ze because he is Dong hua. Even Dong hua himself said it right ?

Spoiler

Liansong sighed deeply and said, “Had you known this, you shouldn't have pretended to be Xize to deceive her in the dream.” He then quipped, “Didn't you feel jealous watching her and your version of Xize get close?” 
Donghua frowned and said in seeming puzzlement, “Why should I feel jealous? I was just borrowing Xize's identity; I'm still me. Didn't she fall in love with me again because she'll never be able to love anyone else but me?” 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

I dont think like that at all, for me deep down she could feel that the emperor is not Dong hua thats why she keep rejecting him. But she fall in love with Xi ze because he is Dong hua. Even Dong hua himself said it right ?

I get where you’re coming from. :) But that’s Dong Hua’s reasoning, NOT Feng Jiu’s reasoning. Feng Jiu’s reasoning (influenced by Su Moye) is that men like Dong Hua and Xize are her ‘type’. She then reasoned that Dong Hua is now happily with Ji Heng and therefore she needs to move on. She then decided that since the heavens had dropped in front of her a man that is exactly her type, she should grasp this chance. Retrospectively, it all works out. :D And we, the readers, know her choice is safe because we KNOW that Xize is Dong Hua. But i would have held even higher regard for her (and i already hold sky high regards for her!) if she had rejected ‘Xize’.

On a side note, even though retrospectively it all worked out, it really wasn’t a wise decision at the time (or perhaps it’s a plothole?). Su Moye had already clearly explained to Feng Jiu that Aranya’s Dream is a re-creation of the past Fanyin Valley using magic, these are all people of the past and all these things had already happened, meaning none of these people are actually real (presently the real ones are much older or dead). Su Moye even specifically told her that the real Xize is currently still living in the mountains and also never once returned to Fanyin Valley after his marriage with the real Aranya. In Aranya’s Dream, it was strange to everyone that ‘Xize’ left the mountains and appeared at that dinner to take care of the pregnant sister. Feng Jiu knows all this, but just goes along with it. In other words, it’s a pretty bad idea to start a relationship with this so-called past version of ‘Xize’ who is created by magic and was married to herself as the past version of ‘Aranya’. AFTER sleeping with ‘Xize’, she ponders for about 2 seconds how she could get him out of Aranya’s Dream and then immediately dismisses the thought! Luckily, it wasn’t really Xize and we, the readers, know that. But as far as Feng Jiu is concerned, he is Xize, and that’s what makes her decision even more questionable. She is able to speak of the real Aranya, as distinct from herself, in past tense knowing that Aranya is dead. Yet, without much thought, she latches on to Aranya’s past husband ‘Xize’ whom she knows is created by magic and the real one is up in the mountains of present-day Fanyin Valley. She doesn’t question why this Xize didn’t behave as the real Xize did, i.e. he should not be there at all. She never considered that once the magic that created this mirage of a parallel universe is gone, everyone in Aranya’s Dream would disappear, and the real Xize in present day who still lives in the mountains has no idea who she is. Perhaps, we could say she believed that when everything and everyone disappears, it would literally be like as if she just had a dream, but that’s not her reasoning - she wanted to take ‘Xize’ with her even though she knew it was all a mirage - it makes no sense. Perhaps, because Su Moye had given her the ‘OK’ to be with ‘Xize’, she then jumped to the conclusion that there must be a way to get ‘Xize’ out of Aranya’s Dream and just assumed everything will work out, which makes her sound really dumb. (ETA: What’s most alarming is that Dong Hua is not the only one engaged in deception by pretending to be Xize. Feng Jiu herself is pretending to be Aranya and playing the role of ‘Xize’s wife’ - she believes she is successfully tricking ‘Xize’ into believing she is Aranya. So what on earth is she doing sleeping with ‘Xize’, when as far as she is concerned, ‘Xize’ believes she is his wife Aranya?! She never even considered ‘what would happen when Xize finds out i’m not his wife, I’m the Queen of Qing Qiu?!’) It’s super weird. Maybe she’s just incredibly naive, gullible and doesn’t think logically at all - and i don’t like that - but other times, she is mature, dignified and thinks things through even if she chooses to go the extreme. Feng Jiu, to me, has always personified one who doggedly follows her heart WITHOUT abandoning all wisdom and kindness. For this reason, i suspect it’s actually a plothole.

• Like 2

@redfoxprincess

Actually, I'm not sure she knew it was a mirage at that point yet. She knew she was in "Aranya's dream", but she didn't know the nature of the people in the dream -- "shadows" -- until after she had fainted and learned the rest of Aranya's history. In fact, it was Dong Hua who first found out that Aranya and Chen Ye were shadows of Fengjiu and himself through the looking-glass. Even Chen Ye himself didn't know he was a shadow (and therefore could not save Aranya's soul) until after he watched the events in the looking-glass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with redfoxprincess I think is a plothole , or maybe fengjiu in her most deeply thoughts or in her subconscious knew xize was donghua but the autor never gives us a hint of this so im going on with the plothole fengjiu never give a serious tought about was gonna happen at the end of Ariana dream I'm not sure if she concidered this world and  xize would desapear since the objective of Aryana dream in the story was fengjiu believe in love again and falling  in love  with donghua again and donghua learning all the things fengjiu go through , learning the weak fate between them and messing up even more  so we can get the the emotional climax at the end XD,  I think tangqi  didn't focus on  the plothole she was creating because the objective was other but i hope they can change this in the drama adaptation  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, juniperbjuice said:

@redfoxprincess

Actually, I'm not sure she knew it was a mirage at that point yet. She knew she was in "Aranya's dream", but she didn't know the nature of the people in the dream -- "shadows" -- until after she had fainted and learned the rest of Aranya's history. In fact, it was Dong Hua who first found out that Aranya and Chen Ye were shadows of Fengjiu and himself through the looking-glass. Even Chen Ye himself didn't know he was a shadow (and therefore could not save Aranya's soul) until after he watched the events in the looking-glass.

Yes, that’s when they all found out about the personal missing link. :) Yes, she didn’t know specifically about the shadow bit - that Aranya and Chen Ye were the shadows of Feng Jiu and Dong Hua. But everything i wrote in my post, she had already found out from Su Moye. The fact that these were their shadows doesn’t change anything, because she already knew the whole thing was created by magic, was in the past, and nothing was real - Su Moye explains all this to her upon first meeting and how he ‘stepped into’ his past version/mirage to replace it, and he keeps explaining what happened in the past to her every time they meet again. She knew that Aranya was already dead and her own soul was stuck inside the empty shell of Aranya’s body. Her only purpose for staying in Aranya’s Dream (when Su Moye was able to take her away immediately) was to help Su Moye by ‘re-living’ Aranya’s life to find out how she died. Feng Jiu already knew all this when she decided to stay and help Su Moye. (Granted, Feng Jiu didn’t know that Dong Hua was keeping her in Aranya’s Dream to wait until her soul was healed before taking her out, but from her POV, she was staying to help Su Moye.) BTW i love the whole Miao Hua looking glass thing - i wish i had one and could spy on everyone too hahaha! Jokes. :D

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

I agree with redfoxprincess I think is a plothole , or maybe fengjiu in her most deeply thoughts or in her subconscious knew xize was donghua but the autor never gives us a hint of this so im going on with the plothole fengjiu never give a serious tought about was gonna happen at the end of Ariana dream I'm not sure if she concidered this world and  xize would desapear since the objective of Aryana dream in the story was fengjiu believe in love again and falling  in love  with donghua again and donghua learning all the things fengjiu go through , learning the weak fate between them and messing up even more  so we can get the the emotional climax at the end XD,  I think tangqi  didn't focus on  the plothole she was creating because the objective was other but i hope they can change this in the drama adaptation  

That’s it! For Feng Jiu to barely give half a second’s thought to what would happen when the magic is over, yet basically throw herself into a relationship with someone she believes is created by magic, makes zero sense. :sweatingbullets: What’s most alarming is that Dong Hua is not the only one engaged in deception (pretending to be Xize). Feng Jiu herself is pretending to be Aranya and playing the role of ‘Xize’s wife’ - she believes she is successfully tricking ‘Xize’ into believing she is Aranya. So what on earth is she doing sleeping with ‘Xize’, when as far as she is concerned, ‘Xize’ believes she is his wife Aranya?! She never even considered ‘what would happen when Xize finds out i’m not his wife, I’m the Queen of Qing Qiu?!’

Tang Qi is absolutely amazing at world-building, character development and storytelling. But she’s not so great at weaving together her inctricate plotlines and remembering the ‘seeds’ she’s planted - it’s the same in 10MPB, eg. Mo Yuan, who created the eastern bell, spends 70,000 years patching his soul together so he can wake up when he knows his soul sacrifice is exactly what keeps the eastern bell from activating and destroying the world! I could literally write a whole thesis on these plotholes. There were so many in Pillow Book, even if not major plotholes, then forgotten ‘seeds’ that were planted, e.g. Ji Heng’s embroidery on Dong Hua’s handkerchief, Feng Jiu without hesitation abandoning her own son to die with Dong Hua (Bai Qian also abandons Ah Li for 3 years after Ye Hua died even though she now knows Ah Li really is her son), Aranya’s mysterious drawing for Chen Ye’s 10th birthday (from Chen Ye’s Miao Hua Glass POV, he never even mentioned the drawing and he didn’t even meet Aranya until he was already 10, looked after her for 5 years in the snake pit, at 15 went to 20 years of archmage training, came back at age 35 to watch Su Moye take Aranya out...  by that time Aranya was 30. There’s no way Aranya could have attended Chen Ye’s 10th birthday to give him a drawing! Even stranger is Su Mo Ye claimed he rescued Aranya when she was 15! ). I don’t hold high hopes for the drama fixing these because Eternal Love didn’t fix (only added to) all the plotholes and mistakes in the 10MPB book which people discussed about for ages. I’ve seen many reviews/comments that say Tang Qi’s signature style is also her weakness - we all fall in love with her characters, she has a great imagination, but she has a hard time weaving the plot together without forcing her characters to make some quite left field, illogical, out-of-character decisions. Admittedly, Feng Jiu is young and a little naive, but i never saw her as dim-witted or downright dumb. :unsure:

• Like 1

ah you all read my mind when i read that part i also was rather confused on why would fengjiu was so fast in choosing xize who although was quite attentive stil bewildered her in almost every scenes

that she decided to forgot all about donghua or decided to forego donghua who she believes was living happily with jiheng

i wish it was put into plot why fengjiu felt attracted to xize although she dunno much about him

the basic plotline was already there

his attentiveness and caring for her, su moye even remark that the new xize should be familiar to feng jiu

the familiarity that fengjiu experiences with xize especially the white sandalwood smell

although she doesnt realise should have been used to connect xize to dongua to fengjiu

as in why is feng she felt so attached to xize, she might believes that the reason was because she finally was ready to let go of donghua and open her heart to fall in love again with xize

but at least if that was mentioned even casually would make it even more believable that the fate between donghua and fengjiu has been created already that even when she has already given up

it will always be donghua that she will choose to the end

even to compare the real donghua and the shadow chenye, the attraction between her and donghua was even far stronger than chen ye doesnt even stand a chance to fengjiu as she seriously felt nothing for him

though have to agree with @Sisca_TVXQ too, the part of why fengjiu doesnt think much how she would xize out into the real world

i was thinking that she is the type that doesnt think much in the first place and also because maybe just maybe she thinks that it would be easy to create vassal for xize and just collected his soul from the dream world into the real world

but the main thing for me about fengjiu is that, she doesnt think really far, she is the type that would say when the time comes, we will think of something

same when she got into taichen palace as maid, she doesnt think further than wanting to get into the palace, as for repaying her debts, when time comes she will do that

same with when she give her fur and tails to the demon lord so she can save donghua, it will be three years before she can get her fur back, but it doesnt matter to her

since she is the type that doesnt think too far ahead'

still crazily adore her though

hahaha

and that drawing plot for aranya, i was seriously doing maths in my head while reading it and still couldn't make tail from the head

hahaha

BTW i love the whole Miao Hua looking glass thing - i wish i had one and could spy on everyone too hahaha! Jokes. :D

i believe it was mentioned that the mirror hold billions of world and only selected few could stand the headache inducing mirages it displays

i wish you the best of luck if you get the mirror and also

better find a suitable spot to hang it

even the demon clan finding it hard to find a place for that mirror

hahaha

• LOL 3

Hello All..I love this Forum..with so many positive comments agree to disagree..make it so lively and Fun

Donghua was a master a manipulator a bastard through and through ( but We love him anyway)

" He was a bastard" Xixe/Donghua said those words to himself...he himself aware about it....the"pillow talk" between them as Aranya/Xixe ..just before the consumation ( this is when FJ told Xixe without realise he is DH..about there's  someone breaking her heart make her suffer.....).

In FJ defend..she is really indeed love Xixe plus Su Moye advice..she was also wanted to move on and forget DH bc she think DH was with Jiheng.

An excerption from the book FJ pov " Since heaven had sent her someone from above why not quickly hold onto him?"

At first I also feel it's not guite right for FengJiu so easily to love Xixe( but it not wrong either bc she has given a thought how nice he was) and sleep with him( I don't mind about this bc I know he is Donghua)..When their consummation happened Fengjiu was not ready since she was still on the dazzled by Donghua skillfull coaxing(live up to his name skillfull in whatever..master of self-thought bc he didn't even care about..how or what's wrong he always think about how to make the "wrong" thing..to become the "right" thing)

Liansong pov

" Dijun's courtship was just too ingenious that one should forgive him for not really picking up on it."

Donghua said to Liansong

" Why should I feel jealous? I was borrowing Xixe identity. I'm still me. Didn't she fall in love with me again because she'll never be able to love anyone else but me."

Not only he was so arogant...totally purely arogant bastard:joy:

Just like @redfoxprincess has said I also wanted that..when consummation happens it would be great if it happen between DongFeng themselves instead of both of them disguised as Xixe/Aranya.

What to say..Donghua is Donghua a ruler of his own destiny ..if he wants anything..no one not a thing would stand a chance even if it's was fate and destiny..that being said..how can Our Xiao Bai can compare to his perfectly alluring seduction?:joy:.

• LOL 4

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

even if it's was fate and destiny..that being said..how can Our Xiao Bai can compare to his perfectly alluring seduction?

for a forever virgin

he sure does know lot about seduction

remembering the bits when aranys/fengjiu was intoxicated with love potion and talk about what happen next according to the book she read from her aunt lor

hahaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

28 minutes ago, chubby^green^ said:

for a forever virgin

remembering the bits when aranys/fengjiu was intoxicated with love potion and talk about what happen next according to the book she read from her aunt lor

hahaha

Yes!!! Haha and those kisses in aryana dream!! haha when I was reading those parts I aways thought "donghua what kind of books do you have in your library??? So this is why you like so much to read??? xD

• LOL 3

3 hours ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

Yes!!! Haha and those kisses in aryana dream!! haha when I was reading those parts I aways thought "donghua what kind of books do you have in your library??? So this is why you like so much to read??? xD

OMG i literally choked on my dinner laughing!!! :D We are all so familiar with Dong Hua’s serene and dignified expression when he’s sitting against a tree by his lotus pond, fishing and reading... ‘Buddhist scripture’.......... :w00t:

ETA: To be fair, Dong Hua’s best friend is Liang Song, the infamous playboy! I’m sure poor Dong Hua has had to listen to more than enough on the topic!

• LOL 3

3 hours ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

well he is always seen with that buddha scripture of his

who knows what he might hide behind that scripture

hahaha

ETA: To be fair, Dong Hua’s best friend is Liang Song, the infamous playboy! I’m sure poor Dong Hua has had to listen to more than enough on the topic!

this is all Lian Song's fault, or maybe his guidance has done donghua good

hahaha

:P

or maybe this is fengjiu's fault for he was living such a tranquil life until the red fox invaded his bubble and decided to stay forever 

he was used not to feel anything and now his xiao bai is evoking so many feels for him

honestly for him to be such a flirt to be fren with such a cold guy 

i wonder how many times has he tried to drag donghua to have some fun time ehem ehem...

only to be ignored by the dijun himself

he preferred fishing so to say

kekeke

4 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

The last picture i dislike the most even though hes cute dont like the hair , sorry if these already posted or known.

but i find bai gungun seriously adorable with that hairdo

he even have that aura like his dad

i guess the IQ is not brought down too much by feng jiu's DNA

hahaha

have to say though each time i come to this thread

i will be seriously urged to read pillow books all over again

i think by the time the drama aired

i will remember the books words by words already

:sweatingbullets:

• LOL 4

7 minutes ago, chubby^green^ said:

have to say though each time i come to this thread

i will be seriously urged to read pillow books all over again

i think by the time the drama aired

i will remember the books words by words already

:sweatingbullets:

Hahaha! Please don’t read it so much that you get sick of it (is that even possible?)! :lol: I’ve only read Pillow Book once and that was in 2017. I promised myself i’m not allowed to touch it again until at least 2019. I might have to pick it up again before the drama airs. I need to brush up on my knowledge and remember all the details ready for the drama! I love being able to compare. ^_^

• LOL 2

@chubby^green^

LOL I lost count already, keep re-reading it again after finishing it...after the angst from book two I need the fluffiness from the first book :P

@redfoxprincess

Wow you just read it once and you remember that much ? I keep forgetting some parts , Tang qi's style is confusing for me :sweatingbullets:

And I agree with you on Bai gun gun's hair, He looks cute, like a little goat :wub:

Aahhh why do I keep getting the top page ?

BRB looking for something to share 

Is this allowed ?

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

39 minutes ago, redfoxprincess said:

Hahaha! Please don’t read it so much that you get sick of it (is that even possible?)! :lol: I’ve only read Pillow Book once and that was in 2017. I promised myself i’m not allowed to touch it again until at least 2019. I might have to pick it up again before the drama airs. I need to brush up on my knowledge and remember all the details ready for the drama! I love being able to compare. ^_^

wow you are seriously amazing

just one read and you got everything down already

and me read for the fourth time i can't even get the name straight yet

hahaha

but no worries, i am an avid reader, i can read books that i like for so many times and still wont get sick of it

one book from judith mcnaught that i still read over and over till now is "until you "

and i have that book more than 15 years already

it was so frail that last year my sis gifted me a new reprinted version of that book

and i am still reading it till now

hahaha

36 minutes ago, redfoxprincess said:

I love being able to compare. ^_^

same here

comparing doesnt mean i will be disappointed if it is not the same or different

i surely dont mind it at all

it just that it makes the watching more fun and enjoyable

that's all

26 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

@chubby^green^

LOL I lost count already, keep re-reading it again after finishing it...after the angst from book two I need the fluffiness from the first book :P

same

for when i felt like i am in need of some dongfeng fluffiness

i will read the books

and now its more fun since i know which part is enjoyable to read and which to ignore

i tend to skip now and just go for the feels that i need

something funny book 1 for sure

sexy time book 2

angst book 2

happy ending book 2

cute loveable story book 1

donghua's revelation book 1

and so on

hahaha

• LOL 3

5 hours ago, chubby^green^ said:

for a forever virgin

hahaha

I know right...for a thousands year Virgin who supposedly

"Desireless, Emotionless,Loveless"  yet he fall in love HARD with Fengjiu because its was his fate and destiny like Zhonglin quote "who can really fight against destiny?"...and DH sure know how to seduce and charm someone he love..namely Fengjiu /Xiao Bai.

@Leslie Mtz CAbout his expertise in seduction..he was a "bookwormed" he definitely read and follow erotica novel:lol:..just like he was also expertise in martial art or magic..Donghua doesn't have a master or teacher because he its always an expert even for self-tought methods.

After live his life thousands years..despite countless beautiful woman and some other time he even see pretty boys:joy:(maybe  they think Donghua was Gay) sneaking into his bed chamber..not even once his celibacy tarnished..I salute him..I admire him:D.

Just to added in Crown Prince in mortal realm in the drama.

1) I think maybe he is Donghua reincarnation bc there was a line in the book between FengJiu and Xie Guchou master of the underworld. When FJ ask Xie Guchou to make a soul from her shadow to follow DH shadow to do a repayments..save him whenever he is in danger, help him get whatever he wants.

XG ask FJ " what if he doesn't get what want and this repayment is still unsuccessful?.

FJ said " Didn't you say Dijun himself will be reborn into mortal realm in thirty years? If it's still unsuccessful thus time, I'll go and beg Dining when that time come. I'll ask him where Dijun has reincarnated to."

These was what FJ said when Xie Guchou tell her Aranya was dead.

"She's..dead, Does this mean the repayment also failed? It seem I will have to find o good day to go and beg Siming."

2) Dijun preserved ChenYe and Aranya essences in the twin four season tree..which afterward turned into a sappling. Donghua give it to Xixe to be planted in Qinan Palace..so after a millions years ChenYe/Aranya can reincarnated..

• Like 2