[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

@orenji_neko got it right. Shao is a form of courtesy name usually for someone who is younger. Su Mo Ye - Su is the surname/family name. Mo Ye is his given name. So Mo Shao is an endearing name for him to refer to his status. Xiansheng is Mister. So Mr. Mo is a polite way of addresing him.

As with Yan Chi Wu is called Xiao Yan. FJ is called Xiao Bai. Xiao means little, also an endearing term.

Names can be confusing for non native speakers. Take the Untamed for instance, many intl viewers got so confused why the characters have so many names. Haha..for instance, Lan Zhan is also Lan Wang Ji is also Hanjun Gun. It's kinda complicated. 

I better stop before I confuse you even further! 

Ok !!!! I am watching the full version using Netflix 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

Actually, I preferred that TMOPB Dijun would give in to her. I have a thing for cold, reserved guys surrendering in the end :naughty:

Samee:love: the DH in TMOPB were consistently reserved and when he plays FJ the gleam in his eyes :love: In ELOD of I love that we got to see alot of smize, even his nonchalant expression is enchanting though his pouting was a bit off to me :tounge_xd:

@Dao Tran :love:This too!! I think they have the same dubbers in TMOPB? I didnt know before that the dramas were dubbed. When I knew this my love for Vengo decreased a bit, but by watching his interviews I've known he has a handsome deep tone too. He should dub a character too :love:

• Like 2
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

@linh5000 "this dork used to rule the universe...how is that possible."  My thoughts exactly, especially when he pouts his lips in jealousy or when he pretends to be weak and lean on her, I keep thinking to myself, he has a serious issue of multiple personality disorder.... ROFL

Vengo + Archmage ChenYe + King Song Xuanren  =  Donghua Dijun (All in one)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, linh5000 said:

To add to your imagination, what kind of clothes do you think Vengo was wearing under the see-through water? :ph34r: White pants, perhaps?? :phew:

FJ's keep looking down there........most girls would be shy and look away or ^^ Up, but I've noticed she looked down...any thought? :blink:

That is FJ's revenge for the hot spring incident :naughty:

• Naughty 2
  • LOL 6

46 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

Actually, I preferred that TMOPB Dijun would give in to her. I have a thing for cold, reserved guys surrendering in the end :naughty:

I think DH is only a tsundere in front of FJ. With the others, he still is cold and reserved. Love certainly melted ice face. :tounge_wink:

• Like 7

Vengo reminds me of Lee Kwangsoo..all heights and full of dorkiness...Even Dylan is the same way..Their heights have eaten up their maturity..:lol:

DJ's pouts may throw people off, but he only does it with FJ, so it's okay with me. You tend to act more childish around the one you love. His demeanor among SMY  and other people is still pretty cold and nonchalant. 

@Yori Ten I'm currently on 47. Will finish 48 tonight ..Soo I see it alllllll. :ph34r: and I look extra hard for extra skinship and other skin exposure. :phew:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

5 minutes ago, linh5000 said:

Vengo reminds me of Lee Kwangsoo..all heights and full of dorkiness...Even Dylan is the same way..Their heights have eaten up their maturity..:lol:

DJ's pouts may throw people off, but he only does it with FJ, so it's okay with me. You tend to act more childish around the one you love. His demeanor among SMY  and other people is still pretty cold and nonchalant. 

@Yori Ten I'm currently on 47. Will finish 48 tonight ..Soo I see it alllllll. :ph34r: and I look extra hard for extra skinship and other skin exposure. :phew:

:love: Vengo was so good in bringing tension. When DH carried FJ away from SM after her laments and DH said he will come to him later, I was like :scream: oh no! oh no! Su Moye you're dead meat!!

And then when DH visited him, I was so tensed for SM.

These scenes were so good I forgave the lovesick potion scene:blush:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

17 minutes ago, linh5000 said:

I'm currently on 47. Will finish 48 tonight ..

What do you think of the real Xize, for those who have seen him??

I think he is perfectly casted and I like how commanding a presence he has. I don't recall from the book though why he is so willing to do as Aranya bid him and to save her, as their relationship was in name, and partially to accord her a better life. Does anyone have an explanation for that?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

What do you think of the real Xize, for those who have seen him??

I think he is perfectly casted and I like how commanding a presence he has. I don't recall from the book though why he is so willing to do as Aranya bid him and to save her, as their relationship was in name, and partially to accord her a better life. Does anyone have an explanation for that?

I was thinking about him too for a while. I feel like they are good friends, coz Aranya cooperated with him when he slipped her out of prison and dared to trust him and asked favors from him. She wouldn't do that if they're not in good terms or even just in a non speaking relations.

I feel like Xize hid himself to the mountains to not be used as a pawn against Aranya or not have an awkward moments with her since maybe they good friends. Even ChenYe trusted him to save Aranya.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

@SC2019 Will get back to you once I get to 48...but my first impression of him was the flash back with the beast.  He seems to be rightly casted.  Old (-_-) and very laid back demeanor. It stayed true to the book, cause he and aranya were good friends...all platonic. he helped her with her cultivation, while she treated him with kindness.

I think this drama has ruined me for guys under 6 Feet.  With Vengo playing three different roles and Dylan...All the other actors just seem "short" to me..hahaha..

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, linh5000 said:

I think this drama has ruined me for guys under 6 Feet.  With Vengo playing three different roles and Dylan...All the other actors just seem "short" to me..hahaha..

I commented the same thing on another forum as I was watching Under the Power and the main lead is not quite 6ft. 

Tell you a joke, my son is 180 cm (just measured him recently) and I told him, "Oh no, you have to make it to at least 183 cm", which is touching 6ft....then he asked me why. I told him " Because all the actors I watch on Kdramas (or Cdramas) are at least 6 feet and over (at that time I said that, it occured to me that Vengo is 193cm but then I thought, that's a bit too much to ask for, isn't it?) He rolled his eyes at me...must have been thinking, what sort of a weird mother I have... ROFL

Just to share that I harbour the same sentiments about guys 6 ft and over....

• Like 2
  • LOL 13

Thanks everyone for posting the bts vids and pictures. :wub: I pray we can get great ratings, view counts & ending next week. I was a little bit disappointed with the bed scene. But since they had the bath scene before that ...... they probably didn't want to make it too racy. Since he was already half naked in the tub. But they made it up to me with the purple cake scene. It is filled with so much fluffiness and was so adorable. When he had the cake in his mouth he nudged her nose it reminded me of their first kiss (when he was king).

I have faith in the directors. So far the kisses have been sweet and romantic :heart:. I really feel they will make the "Bai Gun Gun" baby making scene romantic. Lets have faith and hope for the best. I'm so grateful they made this drama. To me it's just as good as the book.

I'm so happy they listened to the fans when we asked for Vengo and Reba to reprise their roles. I'm grateful to Angel Liu too. Because without her maybe we would have never been able to see this air. Everything aligned to make this drama happen. The world willed it and the drama gods heard us and made our wish come true. :love: For that, I am eternally grateful.

Kiss Compilation :kiss_wink:

BTS of bed scene laughing (maybe this is why we couldn't get a steamy scene cause they couldn't stop laughing :blush: )

• Love 8

@SC2019 My husband is right at 6ft..So I'm happy..hehehehe...:wub:

Your son will be someone' else's dream boyfriend.

Spoiler

I have to say, Aranya's final fighting scene was very EPIC!! The way those three arrow flew up in the sky and became giant pole..damn.  Reba did a really good job shooting those arrows. If you looked at her expression, you can see an arrogant look..she did a great job portraying that...:wub:n Totally got the Legolas vibe!!

And that fire bird!!! 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

27 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

I commented the same thing on another forum as I was watching Under the Power and the main lead is not quite 6ft. 

Tell you a joke, my son is 180 cm (just measured him recently) and I told him, "Oh no, you have to make it to at least 183 cm", which is touching 6ft....then he asked me why. I told him " Because all the actors I watch on Kdramas (or Cdramas) are at least 6 feet and over (at that time I said that, it occured to me that Vengo is 193cm but then I thought, that's a bit too much to ask for, isn't it?) He rolled his eyes at me...must have been thinking, what sort of a weird mother I have... ROFL

Well, I told hubby that I am glad he is not 6ft tall because I will have neck strain whenever I look up at him. Haha..also, we love to dance so having a dance partner taller that you is not fun at all! Kissing otoh would require a neck brace.

Hehehe...tall and good looking actors are there for me to fantasize about. But I think they look really good on screen and command a wider presence. Especially in XianXia, male gods are always depicted as tall, good looking and powerful. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

35 minutes ago, linh5000 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I have to say, Aranya's final fighting scene was very EPIC!! The way those three arrow flew up in the sky and became giant pole..damn.  Reba did a really good job shooting those arrows. If you looked at her expression, you can see an arrogant look..she did a great job portraying that...:wub:n Totally got the Legolas vibe!!

And that fire bird!!! 

About your hubby :blush: mine is 178cm... so my hopes lie with my boy (keh keh keh).

About Reba in E48...

I totally agree with you! She is badass and I can't wait to see her at her bingchang ceremony and the final scene where she fights Miaoluo. I have faith she will nail it there. You know there is a scene in E48 just after she is rescued by XiZe, and Aranya says she will take a nap/rest before she leaves, and the term used, I believe is "潇洒" or google translates it as dashing. I totally admire Aranya for that character, willing to give Wen Tian to ChenYe eventhough she loves him and not habouring any illwill .....and that look on Reba's face was amazing as she gave off those vibes - heaven/hell can wait.

@MayanEcho agree with you, height has its advantages, easier to look out for in a crowd too. At 6ft 3, Vengo indeed has the presence to command as DHDJ and they made a good choice of fine-tuning the voice actor's tone to a deep sounding one. (I believe that is not Zhang Jie's actual tone of voice as well, as they can't be featuring his actual voice for the many, many films he has dubbed for and yet distinct it.) Here is a behind the scene for this voice actor - quite interesting... 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

Huh, your son doesn't appreciate it now the benefit of being tall - instant standout! B)

In my family most of us are tall enough and a few cousins were approached to try modelling. Though no one did, the jobs we took later on prefer or require people with good height. Growing up years can be a bit difficult when someone calls you pole or post. Huh, in reality, they wanted to be just as tall! :lol:

Always liked watching actors too, especially the lead,  who are taller than most. Vengo fits that to a tee as the revered DHDJ. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, elsanna said:

Damm it looks like we are not even helping in views count:mellow: and can't even help because it's official website doesn't open for Asian countries right!!!:(

There are free extensions available online to bypass geo-blocking. I'm using iNinja Proxy on chrome to access tencent's website on my laptop. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, orenji_neko said:

There are free extensions available online to bypass geo-blocking. I'm using iNinja Proxy on chrome to access tencent's website on my laptop. 

@orenji_neko are you able to sign up for a Tencent account without a mainland Chinese mobile number? I have an iQiyi VIP account but they didn’t require a local mobile number at that time. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

At 6ft 3, Vengo indeed has the presence to command as DHDJ and they made a good choice of fine-tuning the voice actor's tone to a deep sounding one. (I believe that is not Zhang Jie's actual tone of voice as well, as they can't be featuring his actual voice for the many, many films he has dubbed for and yet distinct it.) Here is a behind the scene for this voice actor - quite interesting... 

Zhang Jie’s work is awesome! I read a funny comment somewhere that the same 4 voice actors are falling in love with each other in a large majority of the C-dramas LOL. I also love Siming’s voice, which is his own...so sonorous and expressive!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

49 minutes ago, bertrande said:

@orenji_neko are you able to sign up for a Tencent account without a mainland Chinese mobile number? I have an iQiyi VIP account but they didn’t require a local mobile number at that time. 

I did sign up for Tencent account with Singapore mobile number. I think someone mentioned in earlier post that certain countries can open Tencent account with the number. 

• Like 2