[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Guys ..pls whomever are talented in making a Gif..lighten up our wonderful thread with a lots of beautiful Dongfeng's sweetness.

GIF from episode 35

1)Dongfeng's kiss (three kisses)

2)FJ playfully pinch DH's chin

3)DH softly touch/rub FJ's nose with his knuckle

Or any Dongfeng's cuteness scenes.

• Love 1

17 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Same here, that look in the eyes and that smirk! :lol: One of the most natural, and no words needed acting of Vengo.

I agree, he nailed that smirk and knowing look.

@SC2019 @Fuefuu Whyy didn’t they include that scene?! That would have been so fun to watch!

@SC2019 Ya, when FJ sang, it was quite sad. Like she was thinking of her own ill fated love With DH, having no fate. DH being so lofty probably doesn’t bring up his humble beginnings often, but he felt comfortable with FJ to do so. The breaking of the barriers between them.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, xiaoxf said:

I feel like we never fully understood why BQ chose to forget about YH and about A'li. I imagine that it was bc of many things, but I figured it was bc she already learned "Bai Qian of QingQui" was betrothed to him during her time in Heaven as SuSu, I felt like it was unclear if she knew before she was SuSu too, but I felt like the announcement happened when she was already on Mt. Junji as SuSu, so she didn't know as BQ. I can't  really remember. Anyway, I also did not like BQ bc she abandoned them both, personally I would have gone up to Heaven immediately and ripped my eyes out of Sujin's head, and taken my child back, bc what can they say to her? They've already offended her once when the 2nd prince eloped with her maid, and then they mistreated her as a helpless mortal, so they can't do anything.

I think she was so heartbroken and tired she figured, she would marry Yehua again as BQ, she would be considered A'li's stepmom, so she would see them again, and SJ is no match for BQ even if YH loves her, so it would be better to see them and not remember all her pain, then to live apart from them due to her pain. Her choosing to forget really twisted the knife in YH's heart though, bc he also had the chance to forget her as SuSu, and chose not to. I felt it was out of character for her though, since as Kunlun's17th disciple she had risked everything and stolen MY'S body even though she wasn't supposed to. Before she became SuSu, she went to fix the seal on the Ghost Lord by herself, so she's super bada$$ and unafraid, but chose not to fight for her child??

I feel like FJ mentions her Aunt Bai Qian a lot, and essentially was raised by her, soooo they're very similar, but BQ actions when she first falls to the Peach Orchard is out of character for who she is told to us to be. Even when she regains her memories, she thinks to offend Heaven to break off the engagement bc she thinks YH loves SJ. Also she goes and immediately takes her eyes back.

Though I think her hiding MY body also influenced her actions.

BQ didn't know she became engaged to YH before battling Qing Cang. She thought her fiancé is still Sang Ji, but she refuses to see him and gives all excuses not to meet him in all those months he was at Qing Qiu.

BQ was aware that the ghost king is about to be freed after 70,000 years. Thus, she was not interested with other things other than being ready for her resealing the bell. She knew beforehand that she may lose her life doing so. That is the reason she had written the spell on how to seal QC, left it to FJ, who was found by DH. (As per TMOPB series if you've watched it. Not sure if this was also in the book...the one I got to read isn't as detailed compared to PB, will recheck when I can).

BQ can be very dedicated like how she kept Mo Yuan. She is however, quite revengeful - she wanted to finish the ghost tribe when Shifu died.

Matters of the heart though, she's not so good in her decisions. She chose to forget, because she's hurting so much. Doesn't matter if she'll forget her baby too, she just wants to forget because for her, the misery she experienced outweighed the beautiful moments she had with YH. At some point, all the sacrifices of YH almost did not matter for her.

It's that quirk of BQ that annoyed me too. For someone who's so loyal to her family and friends, how and why she can abandon A Li no matter how much she was grieving. But then again, different reactions and coping mechanisms at times of grief. Was she unconsciously not seeing A Li because he will remind her more of YH, even if he's their son?

FJ however, she's different. This girl who didn't train and went to wars handled her heartaches and painful situation stoically like a soldier would.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, xiaoxf said:

I feel like we never fully understood why BQ chose to forget about YH and about A'li. I imagine that it was bc of many things, but I figured it was bc she already learned "Bai Qian of QingQui" was betrothed to him during her time in Heaven as SuSu, I felt like it was unclear if she knew before she was SuSu too, but I felt like the announcement happened when she was already on Mt. Junji as SuSu, so she didn't know as BQ. I can't  really remember. Anyway, I also did not like BQ bc she abandoned them both, personally I would have gone up to Heaven immediately and ripped my eyes out of Sujin's head, and taken my child back, bc what can they say to her? They've already offended her once when the 2nd prince eloped with her maid, and then they mistreated her as a helpless mortal, so they can't do anything.

I think she was so heartbroken and tired she figured, she would marry Yehua again as BQ, she would be considered A'li's stepmom, so she would see them again, and SJ is no match for BQ even if YH loves her, so it would be better to see them and not remember all her pain, then to live apart from them due to her pain. Her choosing to forget really twisted the knife in YH's heart though, bc he also had the chance to forget her as SuSu, and chose not to. I felt it was out of character for her though, since as Kunlun's17th disciple she had risked everything and stolen MY'S body even though she wasn't supposed to. Before she became SuSu, she went to fix the seal on the Ghost Lord by herself, so she's super bada$$ and unafraid, but chose not to fight for her child??

I feel like FJ mentions her Aunt Bai Qian a lot, and essentially was raised by her, soooo they're very similar, but BQ actions when she first falls to the Peach Orchard is out of character for who she is told to us to be. Even when she regains her memories, she thinks to offend Heaven to break off the engagement bc she thinks YH loves SJ. Also she goes and immediately takes her eyes back.

Though I think her hiding MY body also influenced her actions.

Agreed. I never quite liked SuSu because we knew how Badass Bai Qian could actually be. 

but her folly is Ye Hua. Susu was living fine and happy till he showed up. 

He all but demanded that they be together. Notice that by the time he arrive Susu was already feeling the pangs of lonliness. She would care for animals because she was alone. then she met him he sounded nice, fell in love and then he started all the chaos. 

Ye Hua is such a pitiable character. He is from a conservative point, what people might do if pushed to a corner where they can neither give up family or love. so they do their best and think that if they happen to get more authority or power then they can protect the people they care. 

So he knew the Heaven King would kill her if he found out, which is why he was desperate that Susu get pregnant and have all sorts of contingency plans so that even if she is punished, she will be alive till he becomes crown prince. But again he underestimated Su Jin 

Bai Qian's need to forget came from two things: She in her lifetime never forgot to repay. For Moyuan she used her blood because he saved her so many times, she is honor bound. 

But Yehua took over her heart and then pretty much crushed it and its her tendency to run away from absolutely painful emotional situations and handle on her own. My guess she was terribly affected by the trial, her heartbreak and also forgot about Ali and just wanted to never meet Yehua or the sky kingdom again.

Bai qian has never been motherly, its not in her nature. Her instinct is not tuned like that, so its not surprising that she cant place Ali before Yehua. 

FJ on the other hand wears her heart on her sleeve and would do anything and everything for people she owes. 

Her decision to keep her baby comes because even though she cut ties with DH, she loves him and the child is the answer

God what a long rambling.... :D 

• Like 14
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

I feel like you guys are forgetting that BQ did all that she did and made the choices she made because the author said so lol. I do agree that if she was fully in her character, she totally would not have shown mercy or held back offending the Heavenly King in taking her revenge. However as usual ... angst is necessary in a Chinese WebNovel lol. More drama for viewers too.

Sometimes, it does feel as if that a strong female character who doesn't hold back standing up for herself is perceived as childish writing? Not Mary Sue per say, but Chinese creators definitely seem to favour more angst and pain for female leads rather than having a backbone to the very end

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Apparently .. I am the one who are confused about FJ knowledgeable about the art of making love..

The funniest part is 

she didn't know about the most important part.. maybe she did skip a juicy/steamy part when she read it...lol

Thanks for the correction ..

OMG.. (I'm feign  I'm shocked)

Apparently in their conversation implied DH also read erotica because he surely knows more than FJ a proper step about making love..

DH sure read a lot of erotica novel in disguise of Buddhist sutras.. being a genius and also fast reader..

He finished reading 7788 pages of his book (while at the same time he witnessed how hilarious FJ when she sabotage her own dates) at the same time as FJ wrapped up her two blind date.

Oh my..two virgins correcting each other...lol.

What page is this on the book? :blush:

• Like 1

is there a compilation of the many times DJ carried FJ?  there's literally a carrying scene in every episode since 34-42....Poor Vengo..I wonder if his arms got stronger after this drama. :sweat_smile:

Honestly, the most shameless person in the book/drama is Ju Nuo. And it's not the good DJ's shameless. How can she expect XZ or CY to like her when she had been in affair with someone else.  Hello, you got pregnant, tried to hide it. And yet, she tried to play the "innocent" card and thing XZ and CY like her..did she think they won't find out once the baby is born?  

• LOL 6

20 minutes ago, linh5000 said:

Honestly, the most shameless person in the book/drama is Ju Nuo. And it's not the good DJ's shameless. How can she expect XZ or CY to like her when she had been in affair with someone else.  Hello, you got pregnant, tried to hide it. And yet, she tried to play the "innocent" card and thing XZ and CY like her..did she think they won't find out once the baby is born?  

If we presume the kid JuNuo carried in Aranya's dream is MengShao.. then in a way, almost all important men in JuNuo would get "attached" to FJ in the end.. :sweat_smile: 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

2 hours ago, sssf said:

What page is this on the book? :blush:

Bk 2, pg 127

@Noor Maria Lizawati Hashim the Pillow book is translated by this kind hearted soul and the pdf for books 1 and 2 can be found in the link below.

https://hamster428.wordpress.com/2017/02/03/3l3w-pillow-book-ebooks/

@Fuefuu i am sooo looking forward to this scene ...unfortunately there will be no BQ and YH when they find out that DH is married to FJ.

Bai Zhi Dijun's hand stilled on the tea table, High Deity Zheyan's face froze in shock, Elderly Fairy Fumi's mouth dropped open, High Deity Bai Yi almost fell off his seat, and High Deity Bai Qian dazedly asked Lord Yehua, “She's married? To whom? Since when?” Lord Yehua prudently replied, “It must be if Hanshan Zhenren says it is.” He suspiciously looked beside him to the third prince. The third prince acted like an honorable gentleman as he cried, “I'm not a gossiper, you know!”

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Talking about Donghua knowing about consummation, he used to be a teenager and we all know men during puberty had wet dreams? :huh: so maybe he learn to know about it from there lol. 

While my opinion about Baiqian abandoned Ah Li, I am not saying that I am agree on what she did but during pregnancy she has suffered a lot and I don't think she enjoyed her pregnancy..her husband marrying someone else, his family against her, and to top it up, her husband literally take her eyes out and caused her blind, we all could see that she even refused to hold the baby once the baby was born when Yehua took him to her, I think she just didn't have a connection with her baby, it could be baby blues, depression etc (I am not an expert and I don't know if a mother could have baby blues right away once the baby is born) so since the beginning right after the baby was born, she kind of like push him away already.. I mean.. She even named him Ah Li which means separation if I remember on the Drama, a normal mother won't name their own baby with such a sad name.. :sweatingbullets: so when she finally regained her memory and forgave Yehua, I think there was still not much bonding between Ah Li and her.. She barely hold him when he was a baby and she met him again as a 300 y.o toddler. Well the same thing could go with Donghua, DH wasn't present during the whole pregnancy there and met his son when his son 200 years, but I think he could love his son right away because he was born from the only woman he ever loved and still love, but in BQ case.. She hated Yehua once and even prefer to jump into Zuxian hole or whatever the name was :sweatingbullets:, than kept living with Yehua since the suffering was too much, so the connection between her and son was never there to begin with. 

Edited by Donghuadijun
Wrong words
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, memine said:

If we presume the kid JuNuo carried in Aranya's dream is MengShao.. then in a way, almost all important men in JuNuo would get "attached" to FJ in the end.. :sweat_smile: 

giphy.gif

Not sure ...I could be wrong tho..but I seem to remember MengShao is a second son/child of Junuo..

• Like 5

1 hour ago, linh5000 said:

is there a compilation of the many times DJ carried FJ?  there's literally a carrying scene in every episode since 34-42....Poor Vengo..I wonder if his arms got stronger after this drama. :sweat_smile:

:joy: I was giving Vengo a standing ovation in my mind when he was carrying Dilraba, who was apparently heavier than she looks, down a 9 stepped stairs. He looked regal carrying her, I also love their scene like this in TMOPB :love:

I saw an interview of him that's he's been working out and into sports.. but still has clumsy hands if you see his bts with playing his weapon:joy:

• LOL 5