[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Lol...silly gullible me...I was always thought "from the rock" thing was the truth.. since it's fitted to his character before he meet FJ....wondering what if someone who close to him say that to his face..like Liansong or FJ.:lol:

He ain't the Monkey King :tounge_wink:

• LOL 1

Thursday!! Thursday!! THURSDAY!!!

I hope some Viet website will pick it up and sub it!! It will be sooooo awesome.

What I've always wonder, how did Liansong and DiJun become friends? I'm sure there's a hilarious backstory to it.. most likely Liansong gets mistreated by DJ.:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

8 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

Hi there! Oh yes, I am searching for the lovely BGM during the Miao Lu swordfight scene. I know it's part of the 偏偏 song but the arrangement is just absolutely enchanting and beautiful. It suits the scene so well and I just love it! If you happen to chance on the BGM during your search, gimme a holler will you please? 

That bgm was beautiful! Yes, I will let you know when I find it. If you also find the bgm in this part of the video (33:30) please let me know as well. This is something that would be nice to listen to while sipping tea and daydreaming, lol

What do you guys think about the English subtitles? I watched the first 3 episodes both on Tencent's youtube and Viki. I chose to watch the latter episodes through Viki because I think the flow is better, but there are some sentences that sound better on Tencent's TL too. I don't know which one is more accurate.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Kim_Shin said:

That bgm was beautiful! Yes, I will let you know when I find it. If you also find the bgm in this part of the video (33:30) please let me know as well. This is something that would be nice to listen to while sipping tea and daydreaming, lol

What do you guys think about the English subtitles? I watched the first 3 episodes both on Tencent's youtube and Viki. I chose to watch the latter episodes through Viki because I think the flow is better, but there are some sentences that sound better on Tencent's TL too. I don't know which one is more accurate.

The subs in wetv almost copy pasted from the english translated pillow book I've read. I feel giddy watching it. :heart:

Tho they messed up some translation like the preview for DJ arriving at Quinqui. In the preview DJ was saying no one was more appropriate than him to accompany BaiQian  in her wedding. In the episode DJ was thanking FJ as the princess of Quinqui for welcoming him :sweatingbullets::D hahaha

• Like 6

1 hour ago, linh5000 said:

What I've always wonder, how did Liansong and DiJun become friends? I'm sure there's a hilarious backstory to it.. most likely Liansong gets mistreated by DJ.:lol:

Me too! Lol,  maybe he got bored of playing go by himself,  and LS was the only one who might be able to match him. Or, perhaps he likes LS idle chatter,  and gossiping. :smirk:

• LOL 3

23 hours ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

If they kiss like they did in this in this scene  or close I will be satisfied 

Feng and donghua in the mortal world and fengjiu wants a divorce from donghua because shes sick of eating his sweet and sour fish:joy:

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote vids
  • LOL 4

4 hours ago, linh5000 said:

Thursday!! Thursday!! THURSDAY!!!

I hope some Viet website will pick it up and sub it!! It will be sooooo awesome.

Tianjun too busy with Yan Cuo and Sang Ji. So Lian Song has more leeway and gets to choose a fun daddy figure behind Tianjun's back - Grandpa Dijun :D

• LOL 8

Guyss I'm so excited for tomorrow! I hope theres more songs in the original OST to be released. I dont think 3 songs are enough, i think in tmopb there was 4 in total for the whole drama. So I'm excited to hear another one! Also, i noticed in the ost Zhang bichen sings in the choruses, she talks about the 'finger love' donghua does where he strokes her nose as a sign of affection in all their lifetimes together. The first verse "And that finger love, I'm always stuck"  is talking about the first part of the drama where she cant help her feelings for him and can never really hate him and then in the second verse everything builds up and then she says "And that finger love, I always feel hatred." It made me think that show is emphasising how much fengjiu gets disappointed by donghua in the show. Even in one of the trailers, the screen just goes black and you can hear fengjiu say quite coldly " Why did you lie to me?" So the show will probably spend more time on the aftermath of aranyas dream arc. Somewhere in novel, tang qi in a interview says that the pillow book is supposed be more 'cute' while tmopb was alot more 'sad' and the new novel "the bodhi fate" is supposed be 'darker'. But I would say TPB is all of those combined.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Guyss I'm so excited for tomorrow! I hope theres more songs in the original OST to be released. I dont think 3 songs are enough, i think in tmopb there was 4 in total for the whole drama. So I'm excited to hear another one! Also, i noticed in the ost Zhang bichen sings in the choruses, she talks about the 'finger love' donghua does where he strokes her nose as a sign of affection in all their lifetimes together. The first verse "And that finger love, I'm always stuck"  is talking about the first part of the drama where she cant help her feelings for him and can never really hate him and then in the second verse everything builds up and then she says "And that finger love, I always feel hatred." It made me think that show is emphasising how much fengjiu gets disappointed by donghua in the show. Even in one of the trailers, the screen just goes black and you can hear fengjiu say quite coldly " Why did you lie to me?" So the show will probably spend more time on the aftermath of aranyas dream arc. Somewhere in novel, tang qi in a interview says that the pillow book is supposed be more 'cute' while tmopb was alot more 'sad' and the new novel "the bodhi fate" is supposed be 'darker'. But I would say TPB is all of those combined.

There are 4 songs total that I’ve seen on YouTube (+1 more if you count the unofficial Pillow Book song written by Tang Qi). I agree that they’re very fitting for the drama. Even though I can’t understand much Mandarin,  the words and the way the singers sing just tear at your heartstrings. 

Also agree with your opinion on how the Pillow Book isn’t just a bunch of fluff. I haven’t read the other books yet but dang, while re-reading this book, I was bawling my eyes out and some scenes. I even had to stop reading for a few days cuz I started to remember, “Oh, this is where it all goes downhill.” 

Yes, their fluffy moments are to die for, but they (particularly our FJ) also experience a lot of heartbreak, misunderstandings, mistrust, etc. It’s really a story of first love—you tend to remember those as sweet and fluffy, until someone reminds you why it didn’t last, or that the guy turned out to be different than you thought.... 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

PB dropped to 8.8 on mydramalist, so annoying :blink:

Just ignore it, I think 8.8 is good, TMOPB is 9, so not much different.

Reba said when watching Pillow book no need to prepare tissue, just bring more food :joy:

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, rosierosie said:

I love ep 24 on so far^^. It's so cute how DJ is slowly getting to noticed FJ. Heard some fans said this is the start of the novel, so I'm excited!!! Ah Li is so cute and funny^^. When will Arayan dream start?

Based on teaser ..maybe episode 36

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Reba said when watching Pillow book no need to prepare tissue, just bring more food

Yeah, and she would be embarrassed because of the kisses... Girl, you better give us smth to be embarrassed of cause those brother/sister pecks on the lips don't count :naughty:

Btw, did you see the bald Dijun, ahahaha

• LOL 4

5 hours ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Is this the Heart at Peace ost? DongFeng osts are :heart:. Even their osts in TMOPB are fire they suit ELOD too. They're in repeat on my playlist now.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Em D said:

There are 4 songs total that I’ve seen on YouTube (+1 more if you count the unofficial Pillow Book song written by Tang Qi). I agree that they’re very fitting for the drama. Even though I can’t understand much Mandarin,  the words and the way the singers sing just tear at your heartstrings. 

Also agree with your opinion on how the Pillow Book isn’t just a bunch of fluff. I haven’t read the other books yet but dang, while re-reading this book, I was bawling my eyes out and some scenes. I even had to stop reading for a few days cuz I started to remember, “Oh, this is where it all goes downhill.” 

Yes, their fluffy moments are to die for, but they (particularly our FJ) also experience a lot of heartbreak, misunderstandings, mistrust, etc. It’s really a story of first love—you tend to remember those as sweet and fluffy, until someone reminds you why it didn’t last, or that the guy turned out to be different than you thought.... 

I don't like sad plots but PB made me appreciate me it. I hope they didn't change CY and Aranya's sad ending. I love it for some reason. I tear up everytime I read Aranya's suicide decision :bawling: And I guess DJ will make me tear up more, his mortal self death made me and everytime I see DJ tears with the miasma in his body :bawling::bawling::bawling:

• Like 4